Closed G'Morning [Brandon Blackwing]

Waking up in someone else's bed... Odd.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

G'Morning [Brandon Blackwing]

Postby Engghaen on November 28th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Brandon now tried to drink her mixture. She hoped it wouldn't be bad, but she adjusted her hopes when she saw the uncomfortable smirk on his face. Apparently it was bad. Awful, maybe. The unpleasant sight was almost making her laugh. His face, the speed he was drinking the tea with... She would almost have done that, but then she realised it would be rather mean for Brandon. He was trying to drink her mixture so he could be polite. Rejecting her offer was not an option for him, as the gentleman as he was didn't let that happen. Now her face just looked sorry for him that he had to drink it. Did she actually mix up the herbs or was this just the taste of the thing itself and did she remember it correctly? Something popped up in her mind. She had to taste it herself to make that sure.

Looking over to where Brandon had put the bowl down, she picked it up and wiped off the edges. It was nothing she did because she was scared, but the cat just did it almost automatically. It was not that hot anymore, otherwise Bran had grimaced of pain and not of the awful taste. Taking a small breath, she put the bowl to her mouth and let the liquid flow in. She agreed with Brandon. It was absolutely disgusting. It was bitter. Very bitter. That was normally an indication it wasn't edible. She pressed her lips together and tried to swallow. Immediately after it had gone through her mouth, she started coughing. The tea had gone in the wrong end. When she had restrained herself, she looked at Brandon.

"You are right. I can't make tea nor ask questions or give punishments. My knowledge of herbs is awful and I don't know what to ask you. But, if you want a spanking I would give you one. Though since you want one, it would not be a punishment anymore." She grinned playfully at the thought. But she could not think of any other smart replies nor ideas for his punishment. A bit defeated, she sighed. The yucky taste was still travelling though her body and she shuddered on the awful reminder of how it had tasted. And that Brandon had needed to taste it, too. Poor him. It probably weren't even the right herbs, but she didn't want to tell Brandon. He would probably not trust her and his worries had been true. Maybe this was the one... No. She shook her head, digging in her memory. Blank. Please, let it be edible...

x
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 28th, 2013, 11:16 pm

x
The bat had retreated into the realm of his mind once more, and failed to notice that Engghaen was talking to him as a result. Neither did he see her drink up the tiny bit of tea still left in the bowl. He wasn’t feeling better. The drink had tasted awful, disgusting and made him want to puke. He wasn’t going to do so though. Yet. He had hoped that the tea might have offered some relief for his painful head, but it did not. On the contrary. In fact, he was feeling wore than before. His head was throbbing, he could hear his pulse running through his temples. It was getting way too hot in here as well.

Maybe he should move away from the hearth. Large drops of sweat had formed on his forehead and on the rest of his face. Rolling down over his nose, all the way to his chin, where they grew even bigger until they were heavy enough to disconnect themselves form his skin and trickle down on the floor where the burst open and formed a splatter of salty liquid. Crawling away from the fire on hands and knees, he crossed over to Enggy’s side.

He didn’t feel any difference in temperature though. His head pounded, his face had been drained of its color. Nausea washed over him in waves, with random intervals. His tongue shot a bit backwards, and he gagged a few times. It ended in a dry cough. This wasn’t good. What kind of leaves were this? What ones did she use? What kinds did he have anyway? He knew he had gotten his hand on a bunch of herbs on a job once, but he hadn’t known which kind they were and had never eaten one either. To tell the truth, he had forgotten about them.

The thief guessed the leaves he had consumed in the form of tea weren’t edible. He should have known when he’d tasted the bitterness on his tongue. That usually was a message saying ‘do not eat me. I am not suited for consumption.’ His mother had told him once. How could he have forgotten. See what had come of it. He gagged again. Saliva was being produced with massive amounts in the back of his mouth. It tasted different than usual too. He knew this feeling. It was a warning from his body. He had to throw up.

Pressing his lips on each other in slight panic, he scrambled to his feet while crawling forward to get out of here. To find an object he could soil with the contents of his stomach. He didn’t want to dirty the floor. He saw something fitting in the corner of his eyes. The kettle. He moved over to that particular object, more crawling than walking, and placed his hand on the edge of the thing. Sitting on his knees, he bended over, his face hovering above the half full pot. Then it came.

He could feel his stomach squeeze painfully. Contracting in an instant, relaxing and contracting violently again, until everything came out. The half consumed contents raced over his tongue, leaving a nasty taste behind, some bits of his former meal stuck after his teeth. The tea was now ornamented with a heap of disgusting looking, smelly mush that slowly broke through the surface and sank to the bottom of the kettle. The bat still felt sick though. Wiping his mouth off with the back of his hand he faced Engghean and shot her an apologetic look. His face still pale and looking terribly ill. Then, he turned his head back over the kettle and puked again.

OOCSo, I have decided that the herb used in this thread is actually parsley (if that exists in Miz). Why? Well because tea made of parsley tastes awful. Utterly disgusting, trust me. Oh, Bran apparently is allergic to it, which is why he is sick now. :)

x
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elysium on December 4th, 2013, 1:29 am

Engghaen

XP:
Socialization +4
Observation +3
Cooking +1

Lore:
Lhavit: Brandon's Flat
How to Make Tea
Profession: "Claimer"

Brandon Blackwing

XP:
Socialization +4
Observation +3

Lore:
Lhavit: Brandon's Flat
The Game of Questions
Recipe: Engghaen's Terrible Tea

Notes: This was quite a bit better! Good job, to both of you. Again (and unfortunately) I recommend you both read Kelvic lore as the two of you wouldn't necessarily be attracted to one another, at least not beyond the strictly physical sense. I hate to be that guy! Still, good work. If you have any questions, please let me know!

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous