Location [Syliras Location] All Things Leather

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] All Things Leather

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 6th, 2010, 6:19 pm

She blinked to find herself tested, and again to find that she'd passed, and when he pushed the tins on her she took them with an astonished look. And then - she grinned, bright and unabashed, and it took all the coldness from her face at once, made her just another young girl on a shopping trip.

"Thank you," she breathed, which was in itself a blessing since she'd no real training in manners. "Oh, yes, payment," she said, bending to set her armload of treasures at her feet. "That's... hmmm..." She tried to add it all up in her head, had managed to add it before and the numbers slipped from her mind as they always did. She knew it was at least two gold mizas, and a little more besides, so she just pulled three gold-rimmed coins from a side-pocket of her bag and straightened up to hand them over. "I think it's less than that, but please, keep the change. You've been terribly helpful," she said, a giggle brightening her voice at the end. It wasn't often she found someone that she understood - most humans or otherwise just seemed silly or trivial, or valued things she didn't quite understand. Bravado and strength, though, these were things she was familiar with. "Tomorrow then, I'll come back in the evening."

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Elhaym on August 20th, 2010, 5:30 am

64th Day of Summer, 510 AV

Pain's nose twitched, having caught wind of what smelled like a smorgasbord of bodily fluid and acrid chemicals. "Getting close.", she thought.

Her reason for coming was small, but worth dealing with the chemical assault on her nostrils. The leather gloves she had been wearing for the past few months had all but fallen apart, and a new pair was a small expense.

After a quick greeting exchange from the bulky Myrian shopkeep, Pain selected a pair of blackened finger gloves that suited her tastes. Meandering over to the footware, she chanced upon a pair of blackened sandals that fit quite nicely and matched up well with her gloves. Impulsively, she snatched up a large leather backpack that she didn't truly need as well.

Pain brought her items to the counter, and after another brief and jovial exchange with the Myrian, departed the store with her purchases.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Stitch on August 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm

"Aye, Stitch! How you be doin'?"

The dark Leatherworks owner lifted an arm from his rocking chair, lazily waving it at the approaching Stitch, giving the blind man an oversized grin. Stitch was only happy to return the grin, trodding up to the front porch slowly, mentally focusing on the man in his rocking chair. The Myrian was a good friend of his, but that wasn't really saying much. The Myrian was quite a good friend to everyone that approached his doorstep. Some called Stitch much too nice, but Nabinu took the cake. The man currently had a saddle on his lap, and was slowly working away at it, toiling at some unknown task. Stitch didn't know much about the work the man did, just knew that Nabinu was the best.

"This one is doing well, milord. How are you? This one was just dropping by to check up, to see if Fentya passed along the note that this one had wrote for you. The one about the bags and saddles?" He climbed up on the stairs, reaching into his pocket for a rather large bag of Mizas. Nabinu nodded, pausing at his work, eyeing the money that Stitch was about to offer him. "That isn't really needed, aye? You be a good guy, if you be buyin' the saddles for the children, I might can give ya a discount?" Stitch shook his head, chuckling, tossing the Mizas onto the lap of the man. "That isn't needed, milord. This one appreciates the offer, but the horses and their saddles are for a personal vacation this one is going to take. They will be for the children afterwards, but for now, they are all for this one. This one plans on paying to the fullest."

Nabinu nodded at Stitch, not even touching the bag of money, trusting it was all there. "Thank ya, Stitch. Just bring your horses by when you want them saddled up, aye? I can help ya with it."

Stitch nodded, grinning as he stepped off the porch. "This one is on his way now, milord. Thank you for getting everything ready for me on such short notice. You have a nice day, milord." Nabinu chuckled, amused by the politeness of the blind orphanage owner. "You have a nice one too, Stitch."

Purchases: :
4 Large Saddlebags. 32 Mizas.
2 Small Saddlebags. 8 Mizas.
2 Horse Saddles. 20 Mizas.
Low Boots. 2 Silver Mizas.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nidassasyae on November 28th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Fall 51

Nidae sneezed repeatedly as she and Sel made their way towards the leatherworks. While the smell might have been repulsive to a human nose, it was positively overpowering for her. Breathing through her mouth, the Kelvic walked towards the shop.

She caught sight of something on the porch, something very large. She almost gasped, it was another feline! In the middle of the city! Right then and there, she felt like shifting so that she could speak to the tiger. No, she told herself. Not yet.

With a sigh, she walked straight up the steps, and peered through the open door. The inside of the shop was filled with all sorts of leather goods. It wasn't much of a surprise, but it was still astonishing to see. If the owner of the shop had a feline as large as that, she respected him greatly, even if she hadn't seen him yet.

"Hello?" she asked timidly, stepping into the shop.

"Yes?" came a deep voice, and from behind the counter emerged an enormous male, with the darkest skin Nidae had ever seen. "I be here, what is it you seek, friend?" said the man.

"I need to buy one of your tiger saddles, but have it fixed for a bigger cat to wear," she said, looking the giant man in the eye. She had a marvelous idea. They had to travel quickly, Nehsmay hadn't exactly told her why, but she knew that they were in a great hurry. It would greatly increase the group's speed if they were all mounted... but Nehsmay had the only horse. However, Nidae was even taller than some horses, and able to bear some weight. This was her marvelous idea: To carry Sel on her back to Zeltiva! She almost grinned with delight, such ideas came only rarely to her, and they made her feel quite smart.

"Well, if you can give me the measurements for the cat, I'm sure I can do this," said Nabinu, his brows raising at the mention of a cat bigger than his tiger.

Nidae was about to start stripping there and then, but realized that Sel might not like this. Blushing, she asked the man, "Do you have a back room or something, so I can change?" The man nodded, pointing to a door.

Nidae quickly hurried over to it, left the door slightly open so she could nudge it open with her nose, and transformed. Shimmering lights came over her body, and she turned into a giant Talderan Snow Leopard. She pushed the slightly open door completely open with her nose.

The Myrian took her measurements, and promised that the saddle could be modified most easily, just by lengthening the straps a bit. Nidae then went back to the room, shifted again, then pulled on her clothes. She walked out of the small room and back into the larger one, where the shopkeeper was.

"That all, friend?" he asked kindly.

"Umm," she mused, looking around. She spotted a few saddlebags lying about. If she was going to be a mount, she might as well share some of Shade's burden. "Could I have some large Saddlebags as well please?"

She paid him 25 gold rimmed mizas for the saddle, and 8 for the bags. Slowly counting out the sum, and then re-counting it, she handed the coins over to Nabinu, smiling with pride.

He returned her grin, handed her the saddlebags, and waved goodbye, promising that the saddle would be done by the end of the week.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on November 28th, 2010, 2:13 pm

The Dhani followed close by, quite annoyed by the leather-ly smell that seemed to go stronger and stronger with each step. He focused not to mind it too much, but it was more than he could handle. He did know the smell from before, but this was much of a more sizable productivity, so the smell was even stronger. He cringed his nose, hissing lightly for himself.

As many times before, he stayed silent, with no emotions on his face, as they entered the shop, and the Kelvic started to talk. He took the opportunity to simply look around the shop. Maybe he would find something worth having. But, not exactly on his surprise, he found nothing, so he simply turned to the shop keeper, and listened to the exchange. Why did she even need a saddle.

Even though, that question was answered right away, when she asked for a room to change. Now, he did remembered the time when they have meet in the woods, where she was in front of him...not exactly dressed. So he got the idea her feline form might need a saddle. But ...why?

His thoughts lightly traveled to the day in the woods, but he quickly snapped out of it, when she left to the changing room. Just moment later he seen the leopard walk out. He forced a smile.

For the rest of the exchange, the Dhani stayed on one place, not really moving at all. Saddlebags, a saddle, her as a beast of burden. Who knows, maybe she wanted to take some of the luggage the horse Shade was carrying. That was probably the case. He shrugged. If not else, he'll ask once they get out of the shop.

After she made the purchase, the Dhani lightly tipped his head at the shop keeper, and followed the Kelvic out. End of the week? Fabulous, sniffing the head-aching air once more.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on November 28th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Fall 58

"Nabinu?" Nidae called, opening the door carefully, the well oiled hinges not making a peep.

"Yes friend?" came a deep voice in response, and the huge Myrian came from behind the counter. "Are you here to pick up the saddle? I've got it right here."

The Kelvic girl nodded, her eyes widening as she saw the finished saddle. It had been modified to fit a cat much larger than a Myrian Tiger, the leather straps and buckles fixed to fit her form perfectly. "Thank you so much!" she grinned, taking the saddle from the Myrian. She struggled with it for a second, getting a bit tangled in the long straps. Finally getting a good grip on the large saddle, she peered over the top to see Nabinu smiling with amusement.

"Thanks again!" she said, pushing the door open with her foot.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 14th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Winter 79, 510 AV

She was new to this city, as she had not yet traveled across it. Having gone to the employment offices, she was told to come her so she could maybe put her leather working skills to work and actually obtain a job. Before, she was a traveling sales woman, who would also hunt for people and bring them back meats and such, doing so she also collects her own leather, instead of buying it from someone, she'd get it herself and make pelts for what to sell. Her large horse was the one to take her everywhere, he sat outside the shop waiting for her to return. Her eagle, would help her hunt as well, as he would fly around and try and find animals for her to either kill, or dead ones to collect, less they had been dead for to long and would be no use.

Entering the store, she looked around at all of the supplies and the smell that surrounded the air filled her nose and made her cringe slightly. Her heightened senses could never stand the smell to much even though she was always around it. She gripped the strap of the satchel,that was holding some of her pelts, that went across her chest as she slowly entered. "Hello? Is anyone here? I'm looking for a job maybe."
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Words: 17052
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 4:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dimitri on April 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Spring 17, 511 AV

Dimitri had left the Butcher of Alban, his fur folded and in one hand. He made his way north up the road, and made his way down towards Winthrop Alley. As he neared the air filled with the pungent stench of the dyes, fumes, and the noxious liquids used in tanning. He followed the smell and walked into the courtyard of All Things Leather, to see the proprietor sitting in his rocking chair, his massive Myrian tiger laying next to him.

He approached the pair, careful not to startle or entice the large beast. "I have a stretch of bear hide, I was wondering if you would be willing to buy it? Freshly cut from the corpse a few bells ago." The man smiled and nodded, getting up from his chair. He took the bear skin and walked to the counter of his shop to examine it. Dimitri knew it to be of poor quality, but better than nothing. The man thanked him and handed him two gold mizas, and Dimitri left, relieved to be exiting the stench filled air.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post73325.html#p73325
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Dimitri on May 9th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Spring 77, 511 AV Morning

Dimitri walked past the massive tiger into the shop, to see the owner behind the counter smiling. Dimitri was geared up in the mix of leather, mail, and plate that some Knights reserved for more mobility and agility. However he wore nothing on his head. He looked around for a while and didn't see what he was looking for. So he walked to the counter, "Hello, I'm looking to have a leather bandana made, for when I'm not wearing my helmet. I need it to keep sweat and hair out of my eyes without reducing my sight. Do you think you could make one? And how much would it cost? I don't see any around here." Dimitri smiled as politely as he could at the Myrian man, hoping he could help.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Archon on May 10th, 2011, 1:56 pm

"Aye, I can make it," Nabinu gave a soft chuckle as he stood and flipped close the book he had been going over, "I be the master of this shop after all."

The Myrian's dark eyes looked over Dimitri for a silent moment before he spoke again, "You be just wanting a leather bandana, and not a hardened leather helmet to help protect your head? I can do either, bandana for 1 silver or helmet for 5, but the helmet be taking longer if you want it tight fitting."
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

PreviousNext