[Alea's Scrapbook] The Couch

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Alori Sai on August 25th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Right, so... Iskessah and Scorn are rockin hard and Alea isn't doing anything since..yea grounded. So...yup, still the best! :D
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 25th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Most everyone can claim boogieman experiences too. That doesn't mean the dude is a walking talking real thing. :P
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on September 7th, 2013, 1:20 am

This song guys...

A pop-song about the noble fox... <.< Animal lovers will appreciate, I suspect.

Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Scorn on October 3rd, 2013, 11:14 pm

Announcement!

I have exciting news! At the end of October/beginning of November, I will be driving across the country on a daring new journey to begin my life! That's right, I am leaving my parents' house and moving to Seattle! I have virtually no plan, but that's what makes it fun, right? ;)

Anyway, I have no idea what this means for my ability to post. My posting habits will probably become pretty erratic, but for those of you who know me, that's not exactly news ;) I just have an excuse for it this time!
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Vetari Violet on October 9th, 2013, 3:45 am

Ooooh! I live in the Seattle area! It's very nice up here. Where are you moving from? Di you need help with anything? I'd be happy to pop my head in and say hi if you need a hand moving in or what not :) I am still in college but I'm sure if you needed aid I could find the time.
"Normal font in quotation marks is speech in Common."
"Italic font in quotation marks is speech in Symenos."
Italic font on it's own in internal dialogue.
Vetari Violet
The Crimson Seer; devout of Viratas

Words: 43604
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:56 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Oluse on October 10th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Yes, Seattle indeed. :)

Though I actually wanted to comment on your writer's block post. I liked it, t'was a fun read and the bit about the muse was quite quotable.

What I wanted to add was a little comment on different personalities. The thread seemed to be a great "how-to" for introverts, especially regarding public vs. alone time.

As an extrovert I know I prefer the method of talking about my characters and plots when I am really stuck getting up and moving, going to a party or dancing really juices me up to write. If I spend too much time just grinding and doing the day to day things my passion dries up, for everything really.

So, if you are extroverted I'm sorry, we probably will never be as good as those introverts, but I would suggest going out and experience new things. For us, seeing the world and really experiencing it first hand is the only way to expand as a writer. We can only put our thoughts on the tumble cycle in our own minds for so long before we really need to add in some more stimuli.

Ancient metaphor here, but if your pen dries up get a new one: same goes for your muse.

Thanks again, Alea for the fun post
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Inoadar on October 28th, 2013, 4:48 am

For me, there is a frequent obstacle of looking too far ahead. I know what I'm working toward and can't wait to get there and write the stuff that will be available when that situation arrives.

Thus, the effort required to get there takes on an exaggerated aspect of drudgery and clinically bland narrative that makes me think I will "lose my muse" along the way.

But as you said, "suck it up and WRITE"! I often enough look back as I'm hacking my way through it and discover that..."Hey..that's not that bad after all. In fact, it gives me another idea..."

GO SEAHAWKS!
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 3rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Apologizing

So the following video has been a lot more useful to me than I expected it to be. When I watched it, I thought I already knew all the things it talked about, and yet since watching it, in my conversations, I find myself adjusting how I say things specifically because of this video.

Jen especially may recall that there was a time I failed at this stuff.

Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 17th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Leave of Absence

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been very active on Mizahar lately. I'm going to go ahead and suspect that's going to continue indefinitely. Don't worry, nothing's wrong, I've just been having trouble mustering up the enthusiasm for Mizahar I usually have.

With luck, in a few months my RL situation will stabilize and I'll grab some more motivation, but I have no way of knowing when or whether that will happen, and it's unfair to ask people to wait for me. If you have a thread with me, feel free to resolve it however you see fit.

I will still be available via PM, so if anyone has any questions or needs anything, don't hesitate to message me.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Wrenmae on February 17th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Hey Alea,

I hope everything equals out for you out there.

Best wishes and we hope to see you back as soon as you're able.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext