[Dusk's Scrapbook] New beginnings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Dusk on September 9th, 2010, 5:13 am

I've decided to start a scrapbook with my DS handle instead of my PC, mainly because it makes me feel a bit more in my own skin here. I love my characters, but I'm much more comfortable as a storyteller because I get a plethora of characters to work with, and a bunch of people to help, and that somehow feels like more of what Mizahar means to me than just one name. So... yeah.

To give a recap on my summer, it was a horrible, soul-crushing experience that I will never do again. On the plus side, I learned a LOT of really useful real-world medical stuff, and my resume looks amazing. On the minus side, I cried a lot. Like, a lot. Not just for myself, but for the poor kids I had to deal with. There were literally a dozen kids with asthma whose parents just didn't send their meds, and who had attacks bad enough to send to the hospital. Like, seriously? Do you just not love your children? This is their lives, people. What were you thinking? I dealt with kids who'd been abused, raped, neglected, and who still managed to get through the day and have fun at camp, and it broke my fucking heart. And I don't even like kids. I've never been so appreciative of my own parents as I was when I had to call parents to ask them about their kids' medicines, which they literally need to survive, and hear them tell me they didn't want to pay to have the prescription filled, and could I please stop calling their cell phone because they're on the beach and don't want to be bothered. Ugh.

Once I got home, though, everything fell amazingly into place for me. Not only did I not have to give up my apartment (thank GOD), but I found new roommates who were willing to pay more for the big room (my old room) so I cut my rent by a third. I have enough money to last me until next year without having to work, and enough left over to redecorate my room and the kitchen. My classes this semester are super-easy so far, and all overlap so I'm basically either going over stuff I learned last semester or doing the same thing in all of my classes. The friends I made at camp are staying in touch, and the friends I actually care about here at home are getting back in touch. AND I had a really awesome date this week. It seems like for once, karma has actually paid attention to the fact that I should get an upswing for every down, and is apologizing for the shitty summer I had. Or rewarding me for keeping 462 people alive and healthy for two months. Go me!

As of today, I am caught up on everything (except some Chemistry homework I have to do tomorrow, and putting away my clean laundry) and am able to get back to Mizahar. And can I just say that the incredibly warm welcome I received in chat tonight reminded me why I love this place so much. It's not just a place to write some cool scenes - it's a community, and I for one am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it. I'm sure that in a week I'll have dealt with a hundred idiots asking for outrageous things (NO ASSASSIN GUILDS, DAMMIT) but for now I'm going to ride this wave of nerd-euphoria straight through to the weekend.

Thanks, everyone. It's good to be back. :)
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Stitch on September 9th, 2010, 5:17 am

Oooh! A boy? You on a date? Or maybe a girl? Whatever the case, you should tell me all about it. It is serious? Or just testing the waters? Tell me! <33
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nimvahlis on September 9th, 2010, 5:35 am

Naturally it's me, Stitch.

Regardless, welcome back Selena!
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dusk on September 12th, 2010, 2:51 pm

I should totally be doing Chemistry homework right now. Pfft.

I've started replying to threads, which excites me to no end. Plotting! Arranging things! Giving people stuff to do! Many much fun. I missed my Knights. I've also been doing some city development with John Griffin, who is an awesome help, and should have some more stuff in the Wiki in the next week. And I graded two threads, which makes me feel accomplished. All in all, good times in Mizahar. I should have the rest of my threads replied to by Tuesday, including all my PC threads (I swear, Miharu will have a reply up to ALL her threads by Tuesday night!) and then it's rock and roll time.

In the land of personal info, I've had an awesome weekend with friends. Saw my Bestie on Friday, hung out with my best friend from school, and had a surprise visit from the guy I'm... dating? I think we're dating now. I don't know, dating is weird. I'm not used to it - I am one of those people that sort of just jumps into relationships, so taking things slow is a new experience for me. But we've gone out three times now, and I'm going over to his place today for Sunday dinner and football, and imagine I will meet both family and friends there so... maybe we're dating? I've no idea. My homo-lifemate saw him yesterday and thinks he's a keeper, so I have that bit of approval working for me. :P I guess we'll see. If we are dating, my parents are probably going to kill me. Yay for racist southerners who don't approve of interracial couples. Woooooo. *snickers*

But for now I'm going to clean the kitchen and shower and get my ass to Brooklyn so I can figure out what the hell's going on. Do people have conversations about it? "Hey, are you my boyfriend?" I feel way too old to say that to anyone.

Also, my thirtieth birthday is coming up. GAH. Let's not talk about that anymore.

Have fun, my little snickerdoodles, and enjoy your Sunday!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on September 14th, 2010, 2:55 am

I forgot that tomorrow (Tuesday) is on a Friday schedule because we have Friday off for some unknowable reason. Okay, I could go look at the calendar, but I don't want to. The point is: instead of having just Chem from 9-11am tomorrow, I have Chem and then four hours of Chem lab.

I just did 3 straight hours of Chemistry homework online so I could make it all in by the 11pm deadline, and now I have to go do lab prepwork on top of that. If I'd realized this earlier, I would have done it... oh, I don't know, during the entire week i had off last week.

Moral of the story? I'm an idiot. Argh.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Airil on October 10th, 2010, 3:00 am

Present for you! What movie is it from?!

Poo on not working! I shall link to youtube as well!

Last edited by Airil on October 10th, 2010, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Words: 71021
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2010, 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on October 10th, 2010, 11:49 am

It won't play! It's just keeps buffering and buffering and bufferiiiiiiiiiiiing! *cries*

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on October 14th, 2010, 1:59 am

Oh man. I am soooo far behind on my schoolwork, and all I want to do is play Miz. I've reached the point in the semester where I hate school and question why the hell I'm doing this. Hopefully it will pass, just as it has every other semester.

In the meantime, I've gone crazy with my hair. Call it a midlife crisis or something. You're lucky I'm not piercing random body parts. Here is a picture!

Orange! It actually looks kinda bronze in this pic, but trust me when I say it's actually orange. Forgive the shiny nose, it's been a long day. XD

Anyway, yeah. I just wanna stay in bed all day for a week. Blah. Cannot do that, though, must do a shit-ton of homework instead. Boooooooo.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Siiri on October 14th, 2010, 2:06 am

Oooo, lovely color! Anything close to red is a plus for me! ;)
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kelpie on October 14th, 2010, 3:08 am

Selbaby you are gorgeous <3
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving