PM to join Wounds on the Water

Yuri goes for a swim, but gets in some trouble.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Wounds on the Water

Postby Yuri Lehrer on March 31st, 2014, 2:04 am

Yuri had finished brushing himself off and returned his gaze to Ariann and Ricky, the former had a worried look on her face while the latter's eyebrow raised in an inquisitive look, he also began speaking first as well chastising Yuri for swimming during winter "Apart from dat mate swimmin’ out in dis cold ain’t de best idea, Oi’m surprised ye’d even attempt such a notion in dis freezin’ weat’er." he then took on a less assertive tone and continued "Still Oi’d be glad Ari ‘ere was ‘round when ya did, she by all means ‘elped ya an’ dat’s what counts." This last statement was coupled with a nod, as though Ricky had been figuring out what had happened up to this point and was confirming what he was thinking, like Yuri did when he tried to figure out when something was going on.

A few moments later Ricky spoke once again, introducing the boy Yuri hadn't really noticed or focused his attention as his son, Martin, before looking back at him and bouncing him in his arms, smiling as the child hiccuped and looking as though he was trying and most likely succeeding in listening to any further conversation which resulted. Yuri looked at Martin, who looked like a much smaller version of Ricky, save for his eyes which looked different, but worked with the face, Yuri considered saying hello to the young child, but decided against it, as the child might be scared of him due to his injury, which was now only producing a dull throbbing which, while not terribly painful, was still a slight source of concern for Yuri, and as such he looked back down to his wounded side.

After assuring himself that he was OK, Yuri looked back up to Ariann, as she had been yet to speak, Yuri wondered if she was OK as she had a blue hue on her face when she looked at him which Yuri took as either concern or a feeling of being unwell, as he had not really met or dealt with Charodae in the past. Yuri's concern was slightly amplified when she bowed her head and began nibbling her lips, she seemed to stop after a short moment, then her eyes seemed to hover over Yuri's chest before raising to make eye contact, a slight and shy smile on her face before beginning to speak quietly, Yuri listened as well as he could "Yuri... I... uhm... do you here often?"

Yuri was slightly confused at the question, but made to answer only to find out that Ariann wasn't finished speaking "I-I mean..." she trailed off, looking to Ricky for a moment, as though seeking support, before returning her gaze to Yuri and continuing "I'm not interested in you at all, so don't... get any ideas." This made Yuri a little more confused as he wasn't quite sure what Ariann was getting at, and was about to ask her what she meant, until she blinked and sighed, finishing what she was saying "Pooey, forget it... Do you wanna go out to dinner sometime?" Ariann's reaction to asking him suddenly, was one which Yuri took as surprise and embarrassment, she blinked then turned a deep blue, Yuri's reaction was similar except he blushed red, shortly after he registered what Ariann had said.

After the initial shock had passed, Yuri looked back to Ariann, who had a rather anticipative look on her face, and weighed up his options I am not presently seeing anyone so I could do it, on the other hand though, I did just meet her and I don't really know her... but she saved my life so... After a few moments of a heated mental debate, Yuri decided on the course of action to take. Drawing a deep breath, Yuri looked into Ariann's eyes and spoke in a very friendly tone "Well, this is very sudden... but... I will gladly accept your offer." After stating this, Yuri bowed as deeply as his injury would allow with as little discomfort as possible.

All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wounds on the Water

Postby Ricky Maze on March 31st, 2014, 10:43 pm

Even as he watched Martin with occasional glances spared to Yuri and Ariann, he couldn’t help but chuckle in amusement at the blue hue present within the Charoda’s face. She was a bashful one all right, all the same he found it adorable now considering he still saw Ariann as a child he looked after. Though he could only guess that such feelings were brought on by the paternal instincts he housed within, there was also the speculation that while she seemed to be able to take care of herself Ariann always reminded Ricky of a child in some way. He couldn’t help but continue to watch as a sort of solemn silence developed between the two, a short but yet rather awkward silence that intrigued him all the same. While he continued to rub Martin’s belly and alternate between that and soft pats on the baby’s back, he tried to think of something that would very well get another conversation flowing to kill the dreaded silence that formed between the three of them.

Finally Ariann seemed to take the initiative and Ricky silently let a breath of ease out, thankful to Priskil that he didn’t have to be the one to commit the act. By de Gods dese two are bad, an’ Oi t’ought Ariann acted odd towards me. He mused with another chuckle as he tried to figure out just what the Charoda was getting at, she seemed to bumble with her words which brought his eyebrows down into a curious furrow as he continued to try and help Martin with his hiccups, the poor boy finally a little bit at ease as Ricky heard a tiny burp echo within the child’s chest. Dere we go! T’ought Oi’d never get ‘im t’ burp. He had Telion and the doctors at the infirmary to thank for that, the medical advices given to him couldn’t have been all the more beneficial in his effort to raise the child, that much he knew for sure.

He almost busted out with a laugh with Ariann’s remark about the whole “not being interested” in Yuri thing, but managed to keep it in as though he were silently laughing at Martin. It was a good cover up all the same, bound to make the two think he laughed about something with Martin. In truth Ariann just seemed too entertaining these days, anytime she’d seemed to develop some sort of interest in someone or something, she would end up losing herself to emotion in the process and just stumble about with her sentences in a curious fashion. Yet what he heard next surprised him. Enough to where he immediately gasped and accidently inhaled a bit of his saliva, leading him to choke down a number of coughs he tried to keep on the low profile while Yuri answered her. Dating! Her! Dah PETCH?!!? He wanted to scream aloud but alas could not do so, for he still choked on his spit well enough to turn his face red. It was rather amusing for Martin to watch, as the child’s face beamed with a wide smile that showed his gums.

Oh yes, Martin had a front row seat to the whole ordeal. Even brought his hands together as though he would’ve clapped for an encore, but of course he didn’t know what he was doing since he was but a baby. "T’ink yer pa *hack* funny do ya?" The hack being a cough to intervene he continued to cough several more times, until finally he cleared his throat to relieve the stress of inhaled saliva. "Bit early t’ be gettin’ out on dates now ain’t it?!" He finally pointed out rather concerned, one could say he started showing his “paternal instincts” towards Ariann now. "Oi mean, ya’ll just met an’ sure ye ‘elped ‘im out Ariann… but datin’ ain’t somet’in dat should ‘appen til ya know one anot’er better!" Yep. Definitely the paternal side of his nature kicking in just now, likely because he hardly knew anything about Yuri save for the fact he was a bit of a dimwit. That assumption was only brought on by the fact he swam during the cold season of course, so in truth Ricky was just overly concerned that Ariann was asking out a total stranger in his terms.

oocHope you guys enjoyed Ricky choking. :P By the way take no offense to the fact he disapproves, he just doesn’t fully know Yuri at this moment plus is in “parent mode” since he looks at Ariann as a child he looks after.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Wounds on the Water

Postby Ariann on April 1st, 2014, 4:15 am

Ariann felt a flutter of relief and joy rush throughout her when Yuri finally said yes to her question. She had been far too bold and far too quick with her assumptions of Yuri, but she was relieved that he did not say no to her. She would not be loosing a potential man-friend again like she had with Ricky. No, she would be keeping Yuri close to her always.

Bit early t' be gettin' out on dates now ain't it?!

Ricky's sudden concern for Ariann's personal life brought about an impish feeling of glee within Ariann. She didn't know why, but she was rather comforted that Ricky did not approve of her choice in asking Yuri out on a date. Maybe he was just worried about Yuri being a little off-his-rock, as they say, considering the fact that he was swimming in cold water recently. Ariann didn't quite understand what the fuss was all about, though. She had been underwater, too. Why was only Yuri prosecuted for that?

Ariann got to her feet with an impish smile, one that was both strangely adorable and yet inanely creepy, showing her jagged teeth in a way that was almost sinister thanks to the look of glee in her eyes. "Why does it matter to you, Ricky?" She asked innocently, walking forward to lean towards him and poke his chest, "It's not like you could be jealous or anything. After all, you didn't want to think of me as anything more than a child when we first met."

She blinked, retracting her hand and looking at her palm as her fingers curled shut. She had thought she'd gotten over these feelings of grief and anguish when she had broken down in front of Ricky, but it seemed that some slivers of her pain and anger remained. What little had just shown frightened her, causing her eyes to widen as they lowered down to the ground, trying not to let her fear be seen by Ricky. "I... I'm sorry, Ricky." She said softly, her tone barely heard over the sounds of the water nearby, "I guess I lied when I said I was over you... but it is your fault..." She was trying to justify something that she had no clue about, scrabbling in the dark for a match that could light a candle that did not exist.

"I am..." She took in a breath, "I am a big girl, Ricky... I can handle myself." She says softly, inching back towards Yuri again, frowning sadly, "You need to stop trying to shelter me. I am not your tad-pole... I cannot be your tad-pole. Ever." She whimpered a bit, "I don't want to be your tad-pole. It's not what I want, deep down. But what I want cannot be what I will have." She looks to Yuri, her sadness clearly portrayed on her adorable blue face. "But I have a new want... one that I still might be able to have."

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Wounds on the Water

Postby Yuri Lehrer on April 8th, 2014, 12:47 am

Yuri didn't quite catch the beginning of Ricky's reaction as he had bowed, but raising himself out of the bow, he was free to observe the aftermath of the reaction, which entailed a lot of chocking and coughing. Ricky's child was smiling at his father though, possibly thinking that he was playing a game, when Ricky spoke it sounded as though he had a somewhat sore throat, Yuri wasn't terribly surprised considering the amount of coughing he just did "Bit early t’ be gettin’ out on dates now ain’t it?! Oi mean, ya’ll just met an’ sure ye ‘elped ‘im out Ariann… but datin’ ain’t somet’in dat should ‘appen til ya know one anot’er better!"

Though Yuri agreed with this in principle in theory, in practice though, Yuri felt as though he not only owed Ariann his life, but when he thought about it, Yuri found the Charoda quite cute, and was still thinking about this when she got to her feet asked a question in an innocent tone "Why does it matter to you, Ricky?" She then walked over to him, leaning towards him and, from where Yuri was, appeared to poke Ricky in the chest as she continued to speak "It's not like you could be jealous or anything. After all, you didn't want to think of me as anything more than a child when we first met."

Yuri didn't quite see what happened in great detail after she said that, but what he did see was Ariann recoiled a little and said something, but Yuri couldn't make it out over the sound of the waves. Yuri continued to observe Ricky and Ariann as there wasn't much else to do except perhaps check his wound, which was thankfully not hurting that much, due to the herbs applied not long ago. Returning his focus to Ariann, he watched as she began to back up towards Yuri, speaking as she went "You need to stop trying to shelter me. I am not your tad-pole... I cannot be your tad-pole. Ever."

This statement confused Yuri as he tried to work out what she meant by 'tad-pole', he stopped trying though when he heard her whimper a bit, this made Yuri concerned but he decided not to do anything at that precise moment, and he heard Ariann continue speaking, in a saddened tone "I don't want to be your tad-pole. It's not what I want, deep down. But what I want cannot be what I will have." Ariann then looked to Yuri with a sad expression on her face, it almost broke Yuri's heart to see anyone sad, and he had made a promise to try to prevent sadness and help those who needed it wherever he went.

Ariann then spoke in a hopeful tone whilst looking at Yuri "But I have a new want... one that I still might be able to have." Yuri looked into Ariann's eyes and was comforted by the fact that there was some happiness in her eyes while she looked at him, so he smiled warmly and in as kind a tone as he could muster, he spoke "Ariann, I will be here for you no matter what, this I swear on my honour." As he spoke, Yuri walked towards Ariann slowly, and when he was close enough, offered her a hug.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wounds on the Water

Postby Ricky Maze on April 8th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Ricky’s reaction was one of awe as his jaw dropped upon her sudden impish turn towards him, her reflective statement taken a bit more bitterly than he anticipated as he felt the words puncture him deeply. Even the poke to the chest felt like a dagger plunged into the core of his body as he remained speechless with not but a reddened face as though he might’ve become embarrassed or something. Then of course the apology happened next. He knew Ariann meant it when she apologized because for one she had the look of regret, yet even the words she chose next just drove that metaphorical dagger she plunged in deeper, deeper and deeper within until not even the hilt of it would no longer remain.

She didn’t want to be his tadpole. Were that something mentioned before they were such good friends then Ricky would’ve scoffed at the meaning, but as of now Ricky truly knew what she intended to say as he read between the lines. She didn’t want him to protect her. By saying that one could easily say that they didn’t want Ricky to care about them, which pretty much went against everything Ricky stood for when it came to such beliefs. Did the love he held onto not prove enough for Ariann? Would she always wish for more out of him? That answer was pretty obvious as he truly felt conflicted with the emotional burden he somehow still held over the poor girl. Not only did he hurt her to where she wasn’t able to move past her crush with him, but it seemed as though her new crush had gotten the better of her to where she was possessive. Only because she was a tad bit too late for Ricky.

When they first met he was only a simple man caught in a confused situation with two, no, three woman he had feelings for, one of them not even one he thought he would’ve fell for to begin with. Yet he did. Telion was not only the best friend but the love of his life he sought for all these years and what made it better for him was that by the time he realized it, he was already on the verge of becoming the father he is today. Yet what that meant towards the others… well Hannah simply remained a close friend and the other woman… she too remained a close friend until her disappearance. But a fourth? There had been a fourth he’d only later identified and felt guilty for once more, that fourth was Ariann because she had inner feelings for him in turn. How it happened was beyond him as he meant for nothing to happen in that regard, yet somehow that same friendly natural approach he always held just seemed to work wonders he didn’t need onto other people.

He regretted it now. Not meeting Ariann or even spending the time together, but being himself well enough to bring such emotional grief to her doorstep. Even now he wished he could’ve changed it, yet there was nothing he could do anymore. Nothing besides… besides letting her do what she wanted. As hard as it was for him, Ricky decided that as her “unwanted” guardian it would be best for her. Upon Yuri’s part in swearing he’d be there for her Ricky sighed, a deep sinking feeling within his heart as he wished there were another alternative. But there was no other way by the looks of it, and the only moment that proved opportunistic was this one seeing as how the two were now caught in a hug with one another.

"Well Oi ‘ope y’ ‘ave better luck dis time Ariann." It wasn’t a cruel or spiteful statement but a pitiable expression made in terms of wishful thought, for he did hope things would go better for her this time considering he was probably the first significant influence she had. Upon saying that he’d already turned around and began to trail off with Martin snug in his hands, he had to remember that he still had to play an important figure for this one at least. Even now the child was likely learning and watching from his father, which meant that even with a sorely hurt pride he had to be the bigger man and prove a great role model for his child. As he walked onward to further explore the reaches of the shore in the bay he didn’t even bother to look back to the two, he only kept moving forward until he knew he was well out of range between the two of them, with just but a few soft tears shed in the process as he came to terms with the decision he’d made.

It was hard. It was very hard to just walk away and leave them two alone, leave Ariann with a stranger that she had only met. But who was he to cross between her affairs. He could only play one role in her life and she seemed to have shut that one down, Ricky didn’t blame her though considering she still seemed a bit childish. She would learn on her own and sure enough could still count on Ricky when she would need him, but for now he would let her do what she wanted and hope that in that time, she would grow up some more knowing his care for her wasn’t just on terms of a “fatherly” perspective.

oocSince Ricky's left the thread can unfold between the two of you however you may choose. :) Great job guys and can't wait to see how you end it!
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Wounds on the Water

Postby Ariann on April 8th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Ariann waited. She waited while each milisecond seemed to last an eternity after what she had said, her heartbeat coming in slow throbs, but in reality it was racing. She could not tell what Ricky was thinking after what she had said. She couldn't tell what Yuri was thinking. But she could read her own thoughts and they scared her.

You don't need him... He broke your heart... He chased you away... He hurt Leila... He chose Telion over you... The thoughts were conflicting, each one following the first with a different twist of emotion. Anger, jealousy, pity, grief, fear, love, sadness. The thoughts made her head hurt as she held back her responses to the voices that did not sound the way she knew them. And then he spoke.

When Yuri answered her question with an affirmation of wanting to go out to dinner with Ariann, she felt not only her heart sink, but her stomach go alight with a sensation that she'd heard many others call 'butterflies'. The mixture of joy and regret made her lips part a little as she turned her eyes towards Yuri, the queasy feeling rendering her unable to speak at all in reply, but it seemed Ricky had his reply already thought out.

It was strange, hearing the prideful man that had loved her like a father and something more seemingly drop everything for her happiness. He didn't quite say it, but it was a dawning thought in Ariann's mind that Ricky might care for her more than she realized as he walked away with Martin in his arms. Ricky even seemed to have a larger, stronger air about him as he removed himself from the situation, contradicting the worry he held for Ariann. But the contradiction wasn't exactly valid, for she felt something was amiss in the way Ricky walked off, trying to keep face for his child.

She turned her eyes back to Yuri just as he took her into his arms, her face a mixture of a lost expression, a hopeful stare and a confused wilt of her lips. Her mouth seemed to move for a moment as she tried to speak, her voice taking a moment to manifest. "I..." She began, blinking and letting her eyes lower a bit, still quite shocked at how easily her innocence had melted away just a moment ago to Ricky, "Thank you." she finished softly, her eyes still touching the ground around Yuri's feet.

"When do you..." She began again, pausing to take a breath and muster her courage, "When do you wish to get something to eat?" She asked, looking up to him with a newfound determination.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Wounds on the Water

Postby Yuri Lehrer on May 5th, 2014, 4:00 am

When Yuri approached Ariann to embrace her, he heard Ricky speak, though not to him, but to Ariann "Well Oi ‘ope y’ ‘ave better luck dis time Ariann." With that Ricky departed, taking Martin with him. Yuri watched them depart, partly confused, so Yuri thought about the situation as he tried to remember the most important parts of what had transpired Ricky looked at Ariann as a child, which she evidently didn't want, Ariann is also trying to get over something which has relevance to Ricky, and yet I know not what that is, that may have led to her reaction towards Ricky. Yuri returned himself to the present situation, and felt he had a grip on the events prior to this moment.

Yuri was very close to Ariann when he broke his train of thought, she turned to face him, her face a jumble of emotions, her lips parted slightly, as though she wanted to speak yet no words escaped her lips, she tried to speak after a moment "I..." before blinking and lowering her eyes, evidently in thought about what she had done, sending away one of her friends as she had. Yuri closed his arms around her, gently, both for her sake and his own, because of his injury, he heard Ariann speak, so very softly, her voice almost shy "Thank you." To Yuri those two words conveyed a lot of feelings, mainly those of Happiness and Joy, which he felt as well, blossoming and spreading in his chest.

Ariann tried to speak once more "When do you..." She trailed off once more as she drew her breath, then she continued with a very hopeful tone in her voice "When do you wish to get something to eat?" Looking up at Yuri with a determined and anticipative look on her face, which Yuri answered with an equally happy look on his face, winked at her, and replied with a rather jovial tone in his voice "Let's see... I'm available pretty much whenever, so I'll let you pick when and where." With that, Yuri gave Ariann a little kiss on her forehead, then waited for her response.

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wounds on the Water

Postby Aoren on July 13th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Ricky Maze

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Teaching + 1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
On The Nature of Lhex’s Humor…
Social Nuance: Charoda Refer To Children As Tadpoles
Yuri: The Man Who Swam Close To The Reef
Social Nuance: Learning To Step Aside

Yuri

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Bodybuilding + 1 EXP
Acrobatics +1 EXP
Swimming +1 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP
Observation +2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bodybuilding: Push-Ups
Ariann: Charoda Healer
Ricky Maze: Has A Son Name Martin
A Dinner Date With Ariann

Notes :
• | Ariann: Please update your ledger to reflect proper Seasonal Expenses. PM me when this has been done so that I may award your experience and lores.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous