Open light it up.

Alements Grand Opening!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

light it up.

Postby Chandray on March 21st, 2014, 7:59 am

Chandray looked a the small animal that had come hopping to join them. In her experience the talvan used to tell lots about the svefra. “Such svefra, such talvan” - an old svefra saying, if she recalled it right. It’s name was Jenkins…why, oh why, did this name ring a bell, like a vague memory of a dream in her past … for some unknown reason the name made want to laugh out loud, but she suppressed it.

Never laugh at a man’s talvan - that wasn’t an old svefra saying, actually, but just common sense.

Besides, the talvan was not at all laughable. Kel Tempest had an otter : Agile as few, fierce as few in fights, master of fishing, acrobatics and playfulness. It was a fun animal and a little looker too, beautiful, with it’s agile and flexible body, cute face, long muscular tail and brown fur. But she knew it was a quite dangerous predator, an excellent swimmer and fisher. A small killer.

It sat and looked at her like it expected something from her - maybe it was hungry - or perhaps it was getting ready to protect Kel against her, if it felt he was in some kind of danger. She held out her hand to it slowly and tentatively, the palm turned upwards so the otter could sniff at it, if it wanted to greet her. “Evening Jenkins” she said. She spoke softly to it. Most animals liked it best when voices were kept low, soft and very nice and friendly. “Poor little paw.”

She found Kel Tempest pretty fun too. The things he said … the way he spoke about the others…it was priceless. She wasn’t sure what to make of it. He sounded untouched and dismissive, detached, like he couldn’t be bothered and was not really interested. But his words about danger and violent death rang true, as did his concern for the otter. When he spoke about this his voice lit up with something , she didn’t know what, but a kind of sincerity maybe.

Her first impression of a man of action had obviously been right.

And perhaps he didn’t need as much advice as she had assumed. The way he had showed her the tattoo (and his chest) and the way he had leaned close to her had actually caught her attention quite effectively. She wondered if he had tried this on the beautiful chactawe. All Chandray had seen was that he had been dancing with the woman, in his very own style, joking with the other girls as well, acting like he was … hauling in a fish.

The happy playfulness of the killer fisher.

Looking closer at Kel Tempest she realized the otter wasn’t the only one that was wounded. She hadn’t seen at a distance and in the soft light, but it was e visible now. People who took an axe to a small otter wouldn’t hesitate to try to kill a man, she thought. It was obvious that Kel had been fighting for his life there, and for the otter’s - and apparently he had won.

“Kill or die. That’s the deal life give us once in a while. It’s a hard world. You need to be tenacious and hold on to your life when things go rough” she said to Kel.

She glanced at Stefan Teagan, who was all merry songs and soft velvet eyes over there, looking like he’d never held a rapier and never seen a dhani that had skipped it’s human form and … She wouldn’t think of if, not now. And she wouldn’t think of their investigation of the Rat’s Hole either, the things she had found there, all the dry blood on the table. Another time, as reality always needed to be dealt with sooner or later, but not now..

The topic Kel had brought up seemed to require more privacy. There were akalaks in the tavern, some of them could be guards. It could be best to not speak to openly here. Chandray suggested that the two of them would take the otter outdoors for fresh air. She had a feeling the animal needed to come out, she said. So what about leaving the Alements and go for a short walk - Kel could maybe carry the talvan if it wasn’t fit for walking.

Chandray hadn’t noticed yet that Kel too was limping, she had no idea…and she didn't know anything about Kel and how he was either. She was prone to think the best of people unless they had proved the opposite. This was often for the better, but sometimes for the worse.

Kel promptly agreed to her suggestion. Chandray saw no reason to hesitate. She put her glass to the side and leaned off of the counter, suddenly standing very close to the svefra. She pulled at her cloak and something fell out of its pocket and fell on the floor with a clinking sound. It was a dagger of quite distinctive and unusual design. Chandray quickly bent down, picked the weapon up and put it back in her pocket.

With a smile and nod towards the door she started walking. Kel and his otter Jenkins followed. The three of them went out from the tavern together.
00CMy end post in this thread
Chandray
Player

Words: 157569
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

light it up.

Postby Kel Tempest on March 21st, 2014, 6:28 pm

Kel looked down at Jenkins fondly. The two of them had gone through a lot together. The Svefra had discovered the small sea otter on a small outcrop off of a coast when the Greytide’s ship, the Stormbrewer had been beached for repairs. The tavan companion was god sent. Kel was somewhat of an outcast among his own pod. The only thing that changed as he grew up was his stature. His personality and character had always been the same and because of that he was not well liked.

The two had many adventures together. To an outsider, the two were vicious to each other, much like Kel and Tydus relationship with one another. Both Kel and Jenkins were bad tempered, bickering constantly with one another and blaming each other for everything. But there were moments of rare tenderness that came over the Svefra when others weren’t looking. The two cared deeply for one another. But it wasn’t something Kel would ever admit to. Under his arrogant demeanor lay a bit of humanity though few had actually saw it.

There were few things that enraged Kel. But there was one thing that would never fail to stir his fury. Stefan found out a sliver of the Svefra’s wrath when the man had kicked the sea otter in a tavern, causing a drunken Kel to stagger to his feet and punch out the man. The last man to hurt Jenkins was a bandit and he was efficiently maimed and tortured to death. Kel still had the man’s thumb as a trophy.

He watched as a soft look came over Chandray’s face as she spoke to the sea otter. A genuine smile flickered across his face but he quickly disguised it under his cocky behavior causing it to disappear just as quickly as it appeared. Maybe she wasn’t so bad after all.

The black haired Svefra pondered her words as she spoke about the thin balance of life and death. He agreed, to a degree. But he didn’t just fight when he was forced to. He sought it out. He craved it. Kel went out of his way to find it. He understood the danger in what he did. He knew that one day he would be killed because of his actions. But it never stopped him; never even caused him to hesitate. He lived for the thrill.

Chandray leaned up from the bar and an object fell out of her cloak, clattering to the ground. Kel’s attention was drawn towards the sound and he glanced down, spotting the source of the sound. An unusual looking weapon glinted in the bar’s light. Kel looked up at the woman with a new found interest as she quickly pocketed it.

“Well, well, well. A woman of mystery. I can appreciate that.” He mused quietly under his breath in Fratava. He was about to ask her about the weapon, a topic that he could talk about for hours when she turned and headed for the door. A grin spread across his face and he leaned up from the bar. Kel turned and faced all the patrons in the bar.

“Citizens of Riverfall! Tis’ been a glorious evenin’. Yehr’ King departs!” He bowed mockingly, a sarcastic smile twisting his features as he spun on his heels and walked out of the tavern, into the night.

NoteTempest, out.

Legend

Fratava

Kel's Common

Kel's Thoughts

PC/NPC Common
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 29th, 2014, 11:33 pm

OOCThat's it from me. Thanks for the enjoyable thread!

A small smile graced the Vantha's features, though it was directed at her wrist since her gaze was focused there. Adi was understandably apprehensive about what the Syna-blessed man was about to do to her. She'd never been a fan of medicinal procedures, whether or not they were necessary. The ones she needed tended to be more painful than the ones she didn't need, but she supposed it was part of the process.

As his fingers touched her wrist, the young woman flinched in anticipation of immense pain and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't come. She supposed it was a part of the concoction Caelum had her drink earlier. Even though bitter herbs were a waste of good tea in her opinion, Adi was grateful she didn't have to go through the extreme pangs of pain that usually came from touching her wrist.

Suddenly there was feeling.

The feeling of blood rushing from her hand and being replaced with fresh blood. A sensation of relief.

The feeling of a bone sliding from where it didn't belong to where it was supposed to be. A sensation of discomfort.

The feeling of...something? Some kind of energy from Caelum directed to her. A sensation unknown.

The feeling, finally, of cessation of her pain. A sensation of near bliss.

And then the feeling of fabric in the form of a muslin brace being wound around her wrist. That had no particular emotion attached to it besides sheer gratitude.

Smiling broadly, Adi took the bottle from the proprietor and slid it into her right hand. Experimentally, the Vantha clenched her fist lightly around it and felt only a brief pang of pain as she did so. The young woman burst out laughing. Grin still on her face, she counted out fifteen gold-rimmed gemstones of the twenty mizas she'd brought with her before shrugging and setting the whole pile on the counter. "You deserve every one of these," said Adi in a quiet voice towards the man who'd healed her. Job or not, it was incredible what he was willing to do for her.

Her left hand grabbed the shotglass full of rum from the counter and raised it towards the Svefra next to her in one fluid motion. With a brief chuckle, she downed the strong alcohol and winced as it burned its way down her throat. One last smile towards Tydus-this one was soft, and accompanied with the exchange of gold to silver in her eyes. There were feelings in the look she gave him that-in Adi's mind-did not exist. Feelings she intended on never letting exist.

With a small sigh, she looked away from Tydus and towards the bar and her wrist, examining Caelum's handiwork. A hopeful smile crossed her face, and she turned around and popped her hood up. Adi had plans now that she could use her hand to some degree.

Big plans.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Callipsia Tempest on April 3rd, 2014, 10:47 pm

Callipsia's eyes widened in inextricable shock as Fratava spilled from Stefan's lips. Her pert lips went slack and she unwound her Tavan to rest on the counter next to her and tanned cheeks flushed a deep coral. "You-you speak my language!" She finally uttered with a laugh, her body drawing closer to him as though a fly entranced by a flickering candle in the distance.

The girl stood there a moment, chest heaving and blood pumping within her as she took another swig of ale, looking over the man's handsome features as she considered his expression and lineage. He didn't look Svefra - whether he acted Svefra, was entirely different. Her cheeks flushed as she felt herself freeze in this consideration, catching herself staring down the handsome fellow and a nervous laugh escaped her. She felt Visi's muzzle gently nudging her forward towards him and the young Lia found herself within a few breaths of the bard, and surprisingly okay with it for someone of her normally demure nature. She took another swig of the ale and smiled. At least until he made mention of the other Svefra around this Spring - he most assuredly meant her Pod-brothers. He doubted he was referring to her sisters. Aquia may be a trouble maker, but she was hardly getting up to what her brothers seemed to be getting into.

"Y'must mean Kel and Tydus," Calli replied after a heavy sigh, and a deep swig of ale. "Perhaps even Adney, though he's gentler. Th'other two drag him into their trouble more than he causes it." Looking at the respective pod brothers in the room, she found herself gritting her teeth, and perhaps due to the Fratavan in the conversation...she found herself wanting to open up to a non-Svefra.

"It is frustrating," She admitted, her body leaning in a bit closer to his against the wall."I wanted a night gone from them - it's hard t'relax, when you're constantly tryin' to prove yourself to one, or th'other. Yet here they are..." With a disappointed sigh, she took another drink, wiping any excess cleanly with the back of her hand. The white cotton ties of her shirt were becoming loose, her chest heaving slightly in the disappointed huff.

Looking back up at his dark almond eyes, the girl found herself blushing again, though this time in chastisement. Here she came to find confidence and now she was the drunk complaining about her life! Visi seemed to be on this page as well, opting to twine around her arms and squeeze them lightly to punish her mistake. Pursing her lips after the social faux pas, she took a small sip of her drink before she finally held a third reproachful gaze to Stefan, with the intention to hold it.

"I'm s-sorry," She apologized, holding strong to keep the stutter from happening again. "I didn't mean to complain. You've a lovely voice though. Reminds me of some shanties, from when I was young. You - you wouldn't happen t'know any, would you?"

Callipsia Tempest
A reluctant Lia

Words: 29691
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2014, 10:15 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

light it up.

Postby Stefan on April 7th, 2014, 5:24 am

Stefan laughed a bit when Callipsia mentioned reacted with shock about the language. He often made quite impression with it: if it wasn’t for the fact that he spoke it at all, it was for his thick accent that made an odd, and even funny, pronunciation. “Aye, I do... learnt it whilst sailing with Svefra for three years. It was quite a memorable time.

It was quite a surprise this demeanour of hers, getting so close to him like that. It didn’t make him uncomfortable – and actually, it had the opposite effect–but the smell of ale was a giveaway. She was quite drunk, but still, he indeed enjoyed her presence. He continued looking at her blue-blessed eyes with his own, but didn’t say anything... just pay attention to her. She seemed quite frustrated by her pod-brothers, and her facial expression was the testament of that. He heard what she had to say, nodded, and gave an answer away “Well, you’re here, aren’t you? You don’t need to prove anything to anybody tonight. This is the perfect time to relax...” the Fratava came out of his mouth before it turned into a warm smile for her “If you need a ear to listen to you, well, here I am.

His hand touched something cold... his hand accidentally touched her Tavan, the snake. He shivered slightly, thanking again that it was not too big... if that were the case, he would have likely passed out. But still... the snake coiling in her hand gave her an exotic air, something unique. He tried to impress her: moving his hand slowly, he touched the snake head and petted it, as the same time the he held her hand.

Don’t need to apologize, my seafaring flower, that’s why I’m here, after all. What would be the world without someone to listen?” Stefan finally replied, without breaking eye contact. Her blue eyes were simply entrancing for him “Oh, and of course. I happen to know one or two shanties... And of course I will sing it, for you, but only if you sing it with me... a shanty can’t be sung alone, can it?” He gave offered her a wink, and started to sing almost immediately, without using his mandolin. His voice was loud, clear and melodic; something that could be heard from one end of a ship to another.

"I thought I heard the Old Man say:
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her."
Tomorrow you will get your pay,
And it's time for us to leave her.

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow

Oh, the wind was foul and the sea ran high.
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
She shipped it green and none went by.

I hate to sail on this rotten tub.
No grog allowed and rotten grub.

We swear by rote for want of more.
But now we're through so we'll go on shore.

"

I hope you liked it...” he said again, taking her hand and kissing it softly, al while looking at her in the eye; not only because her eyes were simply beautiful, but because thanks to that, he didn’t saw the snake near his face.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Caelum on April 11th, 2014, 7:32 pm

OOC: Alright, y’all. I’m going to close this out for grading. :) Feel free to continue with various RP partners in Alements if you like, just please open your own thread at this juncture. I will put together a location page for the business in the near future to be put on the link map as well.

Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate the opening!
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

light it up.

Postby Caelum on July 2nd, 2014, 10:49 pm

Thread Award

Adi "Broke Wrist" Skyglow

Skills & Lores
Medicine +1
Observation +3
Socialization +4
Riverfall Location: Alements
Medicine: Basic Post Bone-Setting Care

Calli, the Lia

Skills & Lores
Observation +1
Socialization +2

Grace the New Musician

Skills & Lores
Dancing +2
Musical Instrument: Mandolin +2
Observation +3
Persuasion +2
Socialization +4
Mandolin: Bare Basics

Kel the Dastardly Rogue

Skills & Lores
Dancing +2
Flirting +3
Interrogation +1
Observation +2
Persuasion +1
Seduction +2
Teaching +1

Sweet Lyn'nice

Skills & Lores
Observation +2
Persuasion +1
Socializing +3

Shy Lysaea

Skills & Lores
Dancing +1
Observation +3
Socializing +4

Orabell "One Post"

Skills & Lores
Observation +1
Socialization +1

Shijara the Souless

Skills & Lores
Dancing +3
Flirting +3
Negotiation +1
Observation +3

Single Post Sunette

Skills & Lores
Observation +1

Where's the rum, Tydus?

Skills & Lores
Intelligence +1
Observation +3
Persuasion +2
Socialization +4
Rum: Kenash Export

Vanator Throws Deuces

Skills & Lores
Business +1
Observation +2
Organization +1
Socialization +1

Additional Loot

All PCs listed above receive 20 gm credit at Alements to use at their discretion for drink, food, treatments, information, you name it. No expiration date.

Notes

Whoa. That was hefty, y'all, but a darn good time. Thank you for showing up for Caelum's business opening! It is very much appreciated. Any retired PCs returning to game may PM me for their grade at any time. (I don't bite.) Any questions or concerns about active PC's awards may also be directed at my PM box. (I won't growl either.) Thanks again for being so fantastic and I'll see you around Riverfall.

p.s. Ragdoll, I saw your note. Thank you. You rock.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

light it up.

Postby Ragdoll on July 3rd, 2014, 1:51 pm

Grade Awarded!

Caelum "Horny in the Best Possible Way"

Skills
Skill Points
Socialization 4
Observation 4
Hosting 3
Business 3
Medicine 2
Negotiation 2
Persuasion 1

Lores

• Using Ranuri to Aid with Business Deals
  • Medicine: Basic Post Bone-Setting Care

Loot

Total Proceeds from the Night: 30 GM (because you REALLY need more money)

Comments

One of the most fun threads I've had the privilege of being a part of. Thanks for hosting!

Though I try my hardest to award you what you deserve, I may occasionally mess things up! If there's something you'd like to discuss about your grade, then please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll be happy to work things out with you.

Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous