Open light it up.

Alements Grand Opening!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

light it up.

Postby Callipsia Tempest on March 15th, 2014, 6:21 pm

As the young Lia watched her pod-brother so easily excuse her to chase after the Vantha girl, Calli couldn't help but feel a slight pang of...what was it? No. It wasn't jealousy. She had watched him parade back to shore with sashes signifying his conquests of women for years, and not thought a wink of it. But this...brazen disregard of her presence, as though she was the last person in the Suvan he wished to see here, now?

Her lips twitched stubbornly as she downed the great mug of ale, head spinning a little from the rush of alcohol. It had been a while since she had drunk last, and she never had a great tolerance. As Elise came by, she dropped her the necessary silver for another one, seething silently as her brother so effortlessly moved from person to person, works flowing from his mouth as waves ebb and flow from the great Sea. She thought to their times on the boats the past few weeks; the confusion of their moments of anger, conflated with the brushes of skin and his breath upon her neck. The comfort of her tears upon his chest, and the desire to beat against his chest, all in the same moment.

Elise kindly returned with her ale. Calli stoically drank, and let the music the bard sang wash over her.

The bard - he had a charm about him that. Letting Visi coil about her torso in a more comfortable way, she watched him interact with Kel, and cocked her head; he was certainly attractive, which made the girl's sunworn cheek's redden, and the ale didn't help her there. His voice was smooth, and there was something - something familiar about him that she couldn't place.

Her snake must have realized this, as Visi tightened around her waist and extended her long elegant neck as she pulled Callipsia along out towards the man with the mandolin, stopping about two feet before where he stood with the other woman. She blushed for a moment before Visi flicked her tongue curiously at the man and let out a nervous laugh.

"I believe my Tavan likes you," she forced out in her best Common to Stefan. "I am Callipsia - An' your name?" Her deep blue eyes, blessed by Laviku, shimmered in the low light. She nodded in acknowledgement of the other woman as well, almost a silent apology for her behavior as she learned to navigate the strange space. Her common was rich with the Fratava accent, dress clearly Svrefran in style.

But if she meant to build confidence as a leader, building confidence as a person was perhaps a good first step.

Last edited by Callipsia Tempest on March 16th, 2014, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Callipsia Tempest
A reluctant Lia

Words: 29691
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2014, 10:15 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

light it up.

Postby Shijara on March 15th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Shijara stopped twirling to the song, wincing openly at Kel's dancing skills. She was not much better, surely, but... he was like a fish on land. Still, the black eyed woman couldn't help but laugh, the sight was far more than just funny. It was scary. Sides hurting from the mirth, she struggled to regain her breath, and she leaned forward, her cheeks flushed and white teeth flashing in enjoyment. The alcohol was beginning to weave its way into Shijara's system, her petite body feeling both light and heavy at the same time. Her face buzzed lightly and she was curiously noticing the effects of alcohol.

Shijara looked around, a playful smile seemingly permanently stuck on her face. She looked out among the faces in the bar. When she had arrived, there had been little going on, and the festivities had just begun. The night was still young, but everyone was starting to find their niche. They were socializing and getting to know one another. Although, not everyone looked... pleased. The woman the singer was conversing with, for instance, looked annoyed, at least from Shijara's stand point. Then you had the horned owner, a little Konti girl who made Shi's heart go soft, and a dozen other patrons.

Of course, her attention was stolen again when Kel began implementing a new dance move that was... ridiculous. He was pretending to reel in a particular girl that Tydus had been showing interest in. Oh, how interesting. From their last meeting, Shijara was convinced she had upset Tydus in some way, or perhaps it was the fact that their game was cut short. Either way, it was likely he had had more fun with the other woman and she held no resentments. Not towards those two, at least. Even then, Shi forgave quickly as anger was so exhausting to hold onto.

Shi grabbed the bottle of wine she had previously left at her table and wandered back next to where Kel stood, once she was sure he wouldn't accidentally hit her in his fun. To make sure that didn't become the case, she stepped in his peripheral vision, her fingers tapping him on the shoulder. She looked onward, stepping forward, eyes landing on the Vantha.

"Watch out, I think you've got her."

The Vantha didn't take the Svefra's offer and Shijara saw her order a drink instead. Not drunk enough either, I see. While her tone was mocking both in her head and out loud, Shijara was trying not to enjoy teasing Kel too much. After all, she was supposed to hate him. Treating him like a potential friend? Ludicrous. She glanced at the bottle in her hands as she thought, "I was convinced." She shook her head sadly.

"How she denied that move, I'll have no idea, Chopre."

And then the desert dweller glanced up, spotting a woman who she thought was looking at Kel. Hmm? Shijara blinked, trying to clear her mind that was growing slightly foggy. She smirked and waved, "Look, Chopre," Shijara used the nickname she had suddenly given Kel again, a shortened version of chopre he randi, a saying in Chaktawe that was a swear for 'stubborn one'. The translation was rough, but she thought it fit him well enough.

"I think someone may want your attention."

Shijara waved.
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Kel Tempest on March 16th, 2014, 12:04 am

Day 27 of Spring in the Year 514 AV

Stefan joked back and Kel scowled at him mockingly, “Yeh’ sir wasted a good brew by spittin’ it out!” A smile appeared on his face but it didn't reach his eyes. There was a glint in his sapphire orbs that betrayed his humorous tone. “N if yeh' try to hurt Jenkins again, well oi might just have teh' carve out yehr' liver…”

Kel was enjoying himself immensely. He chortled when Adi ignored his attempts to get her on the dance floor. He shrugged nonchalantly, her lose. He had a knack for getting people to forget their problems. Usually that was because he became a bigger problem, much to their regret later on. Still, there was never a dull moment. At least they would have interesting stories. And at the end of the day, if you didn’t live a little what was the point? That was Kel’s reasoning after all.

Kel jumped around gleefully but realized he needed more boozes. Alcohol made dancing better, which was a proven fact. Kel wandered back over to his table and snatched up the pitcher of ale and danced back over to Shijara. He lifted the pitcher to his lips and threw back the liquid. His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down as he drank.

He lifted the pitcher in the air and jerked his head,
"WHOO!”

He riased the vessel to his lips and took a longer swig, the dark hops swirling in his mouth. He relished the acquired flavor before swallowing it and feeling it slosh into his stomach. His stomach grew warm and he smiled happily. So far the night was going splendidly.

A woman across the room caught his eye. She flashed him a coy smile and he arched an eyebrow, a small grin tugging at the corners of his lips. Shijara seemed to notice the woman as well.

"Watch out, I think you've got her."

Kel rolled his eyes at her and waved a hand in the air dismissively,
“Please Shi, I got this.” He threw his shoulders back and shot her a smug look.

“Yeh’ve seen me in action. What could go wrong, ‘eh?” He took a swig from his pitcher and swaggered across the floor towards the woman who had caught his attention.

The older Svefra was a stark contrast to his podmate Tydus. The business savvy man used his silver tipped tongue to seduce woman and twist them around his finger with his words. Kel was never one for such deceit. He never tried being anything other than what he was. He lived his life, loud, proud and viewed his life as a series of misguided adventures. His disregard for all social cues and flippant attitude stepped on toes everywhere he went. His outgoing attitude and flair that was added to everything he did was quick to irritate people. He was usually found to be the instigator of most conflicts, intentionally or otherwise. But that’s just who he was and he knew that. He treated everyone equally, women were no exception.

Kel sauntered directly towards the new patron and lounged lazily against the bar, setting down the pitcher of ale beside him. He smirked at Chandray cockily,
“Ello there. ‘N what might yehr’ name be, eh?”

Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Caelum on March 17th, 2014, 2:01 am

Disclaimer :
I, uh, deny any and all responsibility, assumed or otherwise, for the whiplash you may or may not receive attempting to keep up with this thread. Further, if I manage to miss reacting to something you have posted that is important, please tell me. There's a lot. ;) And I'm sorry. I love you? There's free food? Lyn'nice, feel free to NPC Lillian within reason; and, everyone, continue to do the same with Elise.

Divine chains ratteld against Caelum's insides when Tydus Tempest clasped his shoulder. They rose right out of the soft susserous of communication that was gently filtering out series of needs and desires from Alements' patrons that were easily positioned into a community map of want that the proprietor could both navigate and direct Elise to do so as well. Yet when the svefra touched him, the map pictured in his mind all but burst in flames.

He blinked and felt the embers flurry in his lungs, the taste from Tydus of well suppressed depression constantly kindled by undying grief. Both eyes narrowed in what was almost a flinch, but his smile hung itself crooked and utterly charming despite. He leaned in, strong shoulders pitching companionably forward, elbow hunkering to the marble topped bar, and his free hand rising in an automatic response to the desire spilling off of Adi and her frozen little puddle of water encrusting the bottom of his shotglass.

Rum poured and a finger extended, nudging the shot toward the Vantha. Meanwhile, the ethaefal returned his regard to Tydus and the curious map of needs writ now clear as daylight in his eyes.

"I may have been keeping an eye out for new friends," he answered the svefra in that quiet, drawling way he had. It managed somehow to be clandestine in the crowd and welcoming as a safe harbor too. Alements was growing louder, but it was a pleasant, cheerful ring that made all sort of promises to Caelum's ears. "And if rum will buy them for me, can't say I'm above it."

His smile sharpened to a smirk and he straightened, rolling his shoulder back in an absent stretch before he sidestepped, casually yet still quite out from under Tydus' hands. It was to reach for his ashwood case and haul it scant feet down the bar. Deft fingers worked at the brass latches, flipping it open in revelation of the strange, glittering assortment of a physician's tools.

"Lay your arm out for me, eh?" Caelum addressed Adi. "Enough time has passed since you had your medicine. It should be fine to brace up now." And he would apply a bit of magic, both from Rak'keli and from Syna, to it as well.

"You want work," Caelum continued to Tydus while withdrawing a few articles from the wooden case, "I have some. Payment can come in the connections, in rum, even in dockage. Gold, too, if that's your bottom line; but I like to think there's more we can barter."

Especially now that Caelum knew what Tydus Tempest really needed. He thought perhaps he could provide it, even if half of the providing he was now attempting to do subtly. Tydus and his pod needed to grow, to gain, and to do that they would require steady work to at once grease their income flow and to give them direction, balance, hope.

Caelum knew a small thing or two about hope, and grief, and keeping busy.

While Caelum worked on healing the pair in front of him in their respective ways, Elise made her rounds through the crowd, assuring everyone had what they needed and gathering up empty glasses while refilling the food platters.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

light it up.

Postby Tydus Tempest on March 17th, 2014, 2:47 am

Typical. The Tempest scion did his utmost to hide a smirk as he heard Adi call out after him, approaching the two, but he was focused more upon what happened before his eyes. He couldn't tell what it was, or why, but it felt as if the proprietor had recoiled under his touch. Perhaps it was the Svefra custom that was odd to the man, or perhaps those outside of the culture were simply unused to physical contact, but the Svefra allowed the man to slide past him to treat the woman's wrist.

He had considered having Nerida look at it in the recent days, though when he and Adi had their encounter, Tydus had vanished the following morning as per the norm, and the contact had ended there. In truth, he felt the woman to be more than simply a bedmate for a single night. A friend, perhaps in some future, even a confidant. A teacher in the ways of Vani, for Tydus desperately wished to improve. But, at the moment, all of that was cast aside. What he witnessed before him, the treating of the wounds, was nothing sort of astonishing. A deep pit in his stomach began to form, an innate curiosity and a fear of a spark that the Hypnotist could feel, the Tempest identifying it with the flow of djed flowing in front of him, though he had no means of identifying what it was. There was magic at work, and that alone was enough to trigger Tydus. He took a single step back before realizing that the magic was being used to heal, not harm, and that perhaps, it wasn't so bad after all.

That's unbelievable... What's he...? It's not... like Hypnotism, is it? It feels more like... It seems like...

The Laviku-marked had no idea how to respond to his own thought, shaking his head and taking a step forward once again as he simply stared in a marked awe, curiosity present upon his expression as he was enthralled, by the display of power that the proprietor displayed, but more so, much more so, by his ability to garner what he had. How did he know that Tydus wanted work? He had only told him that he wanted to arrange some sort of agreement with him about the rum. But more than anything, he noted the stare that Caelum set upon him, his mind consumed by the curiosity that the proprietor was setting into him.

How does he know?! But moreover... How is he so flippant about it? Who does he think he is? What...

The Tempest scion allowed a breath to fill his lungs as he realized that he had clenched his fists, the fingers pale and aching from the pressure as the oxygen filled his lungs. He released the pressure, allowing a slow nod to move his head as he replied, a measured calm filling his voice, his features clear and poised, though his body twitched involuntarily as a result of the panic that had set in. Another breath filled his lungs, the Tempest doing everything in his power to breathe deeply, to fill his lungs with the oxygen that would clear his head before he parted his lips to speak, ocean-born eyes of Laviku's soul staring at the proprietor as he nodded in agreement,

"Aye... Aye, lad. I do... We do. Me pod's in need of work to pave ar' way."

The Tempest nodded again before he heard the man in front of him offer up... a miracle. It was beyond that, a Gods-send, really. Tydus bit back his immediate response, allowing himself to carefully consider the words at play before he realized that what the proprietor had to offer was so heavily in Tydus' favour that if he were inclined to question it, he'd think that the proprietor was attempting to swindle him. Yet, he didn't. There was a decency in the man's eyes that Tydus did not question, a nod moving his head once again,

"In this case, lad, bartering seems'ta better option. Docking... rum... what else does a Pod like ars need, righ'?"

Forced, shocked laughter escaped the Svefra's lips, though he masked it, as he did almost everything else. The Svefra's gaze moved towards the rum in the ice-encrusted shotglass that Adi was now to use, a smile slowly working its way upon the Tempest's features. The expression was directed at the woman before he returned his gaze towards Caelum. The difference in his expression would likely only be noticeable to the man who had inadvertently learned so much about the Tempest scion. Even Tydus wouldn't notice it, too preoccupied with his thoughts. If the Pod was entirely focused upon recovering, given a chance for income, then there would be less divisions, less time to worry about the grief that they all felt.

Tydus would wear his grief for an eternity, but the rest didn't have to. The Tempest scion turned to Adi after he cast himself out of his head, his smile spreading to a genuine grin as he looked to her glass, "Ye should try't, lass. Rum is the elixir of the Gods, ye know."

Last edited by Tydus Tempest on March 18th, 2014, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tydus Tempest
The Tempest Scion

Words: 365477
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 7:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

light it up.

Postby Chandray on March 17th, 2014, 7:37 am

Chandray watched the strapping stunner approach. He sauntered towards her like he owned the place. It spoke volumes. He felt grand. That was easy to see, she thought to herself. And actually, Chandray didn’t mind.

As he stopped in front of her she met his gaze, looking at him over the rim of her glass. She was still leaning back on the counter. Tall man, sure, but she was tall too, she didn’t feel too small to handle him.

“Hello Sharkie. I’m Chandray Evereene” she said in a relaxed and talkative tone. “Do I hear a svefran accent ? ”

She winked at him playfully. It was banter time. At least for her it was. It remained to see if the man would be able to banter any or if he’d be like a confused jamoura.

Now when she had him at close range she gave him a once over. Glittering blue eyes, seafarer smile, cocky attitude, energetic aura. He looked fit and trim, no slacker there, but judging from his inebriated state, he was maybe a drunkard, or on his way to be … but not yet, not really, he didn’t show any signs of longtime overconsumption. He was young and he was nice enough to look at, with his jet black hair and blue, blue svefra eyes. A striking combination.

Awesome.

She glanced past him to the chactawe. The woman’s night-black gaze had followed sharkie’s progress through the room and now she watched them. Their eyes met, and Chandray wondered fleetingly what the other woman was thinking. The man had seemed so interested in the chactawe, but then he’d tried to attract that other girl instead and now he’d come to Chandray, just for a sudden flirty wink from a stranger. Seemed he was hunting around, like, making a pass at woman after woman, in a heads on way didn’t leave any doubt about his plans.

The same plans lots of people had a night out at a tavern, she supposed. Find somebody. And in some cases … find anybody. If you’re drunk enough, anybody goes. But if you’re too far gone, nobody bites. An old svefra saying, and just so true.

And once a man has started to wander from one woman to another, his efforts failing more than once, the other women starts to notice. And nobody will want to be the one that was at the end of the ranking list and made do with what others has refused. Now, this man had courted and seemed to be declined by two women already…he needed success now, or else he risked being counted out for this evening.

It seemed a waste. She ought to help him with the chactawe, as miss black-eye seemed to be his heart’s desire, the one he’d turned to first. With Chandray's assistance, he was going to advance to Master of Romance - or so it would seem to the unsuspecting onlooker. That done, it would be time to send him on his chactawe darling, who would for sure have softened up by then…this was the idea. And as so often in her life, Chadray was quick to feel enthusiasm and she was optimistic and sure of success.

Her smile grew to a blatantly welcoming come-hither smile - no matter he was already there. A come-hither smile was never wrong, and she was only going to seduce him in public in order to make him seem swell, so he could win the chactawe. It was for his own best, really.

She looked deeply and seductively into Kel's blue eyes and asked him to tell her about himself and what he was doing in Riverfall.
Chandray
Player

Words: 157569
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

light it up.

Postby Stefan on March 17th, 2014, 10:09 am

Stefan laughed softly at Grace, hiding the fact that he knew she was offended. She did offend her, but it wasn’t what he meant... still, he didn’t want to make enemies with someone as lovely, especially someone that, when tried to be angry, just looked even more pretty.

“My apologies, my dear; there was a friend in need. I hope you can understand that...” he sat along with her, leaving a couple of mizas in the bar “The second greatest mistake I made – apart of leaving someone as lovely as you alone – is to do it such foul liquid. Why don’t you try the wine? It’s certainly better, especially for a lady such as you”

He continued after the glass of wine came, and waited for her to try some “You seemed interested in my mandolin, didn’t you? Well, certainly it’s something worth trying the effort. You already heard what it could do, so why don’t you try it yourself?”

The young bard gave Grace his mandolin, and getting behind her, he took her hands and put them in position “See? Is not that hard... why don’t you try playing this chord? Like this...” accommodating her left hand along the strings, he played the chord with his own right hand. He didn’t mind the close proximity between them at all. His chest was basically on her back, with his arms getting around her.

“Can you feel it? It’s the music, how you create it...” he accommodated her fingers again, carefully and making sure not to force them “Doesn’t it feel good? You got quite the hands for this, if I might add... strong, yet firm. You should try to learn someday... I would happily teach you a thing or two...”

He laughed a little, taking his mandolin again and strapping it to his body “Tell me, why we don’t dance a little bit? It will be fun for the both of us! Let’s swing a little of the merry-o!” he quickly got up, taking Grace with him in a merry way. She was going to dance, along with the others.

Of course, Stefan couldn’t notice somebody else was there: her fellow musician and companion! He just wanted to go and say hello to Chandray, but he knew it would be improper... the things than transpired a few days before, even though Stefan considered them quite fun and exciting, were no doubt unpleasant for his friend. Still, he was still glad to see her, so he placed a couple of coins with her “Drink something, on me” and with a wink, he went back to his spot to play music. If Chandray wanted to talk to him, she will surely do eventually, but he didn't want to push it.

“Alright everybody...” he announced “What about a merry dance for me? On Rhysol’s dance floor!” Oh, that song; quite a tune, spicy and good for a frantic dance. He was intending to wait for everybody to be a tad drunk, but he believed this was a good moment. The song began with an animated whistling, followed by quick yet melodic notes with the mandolin. But after the third whistling sequence, the rhythm became incredibly upbeat and quick paced. It was the same way in the song: quiet notes for the verses, but pure madness in the chorus.

Her breath began to speak
As she stood right in front of me
The colour of her eyes
Were the colour of insanity
Crushed beneath her wave
Like a ship, I could not reach her shore
We're all just dancers on the Rhysol's Dance Floor

Well swing a little more, little more o'er the merry-o
Swing a little more, a little more next to me
Swing a little more, little more o'er the merry-o
Swing a little more, on the Rhysol's Dance Floor

Pressed against her face
I could feel her insecurity
Her mother'd been a drunk
And her father was obscurity
But nothin' ever came
From a life that was a simple one
So pull yourself together girl
And have a little fun

Well she took me by the hand
I could see she was a fiery one
Her legs ran all the way
Up to the sky and the next world
Tell me somethin' girl, what it is you have in store
She said come with me now
On the Rhysol's Dance Floor

Swing a little more, on the Rhysol's Dance Floor!

The apple now is sweet
Oh much sweeter than it ought to be
Another little bite
I don't think there is much hope for me
The sweat beneath her brow
Travels all the way
An' headin' south

He finished, with a huge grin on his face... that song always managed to make him smile, and get his heart pumping like the drum that was supposed to go with the song. It felt good, really good indeed.

Of course, the feeling was soon dismissed by the sight of a snake... Stefan sighed, thanking no god in particular that this was a small snake... he was afraid of big ones, truth be told. However, the thing that most surprised him was the “owner” of it: a Svefra, no less, and a pretty one at that. The fact that she called it a Tavan confirmed his suspicion.

It seems so, lass...” he replied to her in Fratava, half smiling, but without daring to touch the snake. It was surprising to know that he could speak the language, but did so with an accent that could be described, at best, as odd. “Oh, and the name’s Stefan, lass. Stefan Teagan. There’s a lot of Svefra going around this Spring; a merry gathering, may I add.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Kel Tempest on March 17th, 2014, 10:51 am

Kel was intrigued.

Greyblue eyes stared up at him, a ghost of a smile teasing the corners of her mouth. He lounged against the bar, idly playing with the handle of the pitcher, his Laviku blessed eyes dancing mischievously as he locked eyes with her. He had met about fifty percent of the people in the bar at one point or another since he arrived in Riverfall and knew of a few of the others by reputation only. But the woman who stood in front of him he had never seen before nor heard of. Kel knew he had a small window of opportunity to make an impression. Most people normally would try and make it a good one.

But that just wasn’t in his nature.

“Aye, yeh’ be hearin’ right. I’ma Laviku born, through and through.” He lifted a hand and pulled back the neckline of his shirt, revealing his Oceanus tattoo. The black and blue design danced across his skin, alive by the power of his deity. He smirked and let the fabric fall back in place.

“Bahh, I ain’t teh’ Sharkie here.” He jerked his head in Tydus’ direction. “Now me podmate Ty, he’s the real shark yeh’ gotta watch out for.” He rolled his eyes before craning his neck and tossing a thumb over his shoulder.

“Yeh’ see teh’ woman with teh’ soulless eyes I t’was dancin’ with? He tried getting’ with her. Failed, but he be tryin’.”

He grinned, pleased with himself for being the cause of that unsuccessful conquest. In public, the two podmates cut each other down every chance they got, intent on undermining one another. But their bond was much stronger than it appeared from the outside. They were both outcasts in their pods as kids and that exclusion is what brought them together. They may have been polar opposites and did their best to emasculate each other, they were still brothers. They would die for each other.

Kel pointed to the Vantha that sat miserably by Tydus. He chuckled, shaking his head wryly.
“Ty pounced on that ‘un quick as an eel. Poor blighter, didn’t even know what hit ‘er.”

He picked up the pitcher of ale. “Me point is, I ain’t teh’ shark here. But yeh’ can call me Kel if yeh’ like.”

He winked and lifted the vessel to his lips, taking a swig of the dark brew. The black haired Svefra found himself enjoying the company of the self-assured woman. Usually an angry, red welt would have appeared across his cheek at this point but so far things weren’t turning out too badly.

His carefree attitude always seemed to irritate people. He never understood why people got so annoyed with it, he assumed that since they weren’t happy that they thought he shouldn’t be either. He just never let things bother him. Confidence in himself is what allowed him to brush off the opinions of others, though some insisted that it was arrogance. He ignored them.

He gave her a cursory glance. She seemed like someone who could keep up with him. That was a rare quality that most couldn’t brag about. The restless, cocky, sporadic tendencies combined with the foolhardy streak of adventure that coursed through his veins stirred trouble in his wake. It was as if it were drawn to him. And he loved it.

He arched an eyebrow at her, an impish smile tugging at his lips as he listened to her ask questions about his life. He felt the alcohol start to take effect and he felt slightly buzzed, the sensation tingling through his arms and legs, his high alcohol tolerance keeping the intoxication at bay for the time being.

He decided to humor the seductive woman.

“Me pod used to be teh’ Greytides but me didn’t like how they be livin’. So I left. Joined up with the Tempests.” He pointed towards the other Svefra in the room. “That ‘un be Ty like I be sayin’ before. We go way back.”

He spotted Callispia and sighed exasperated. It didn’t register until now that she was here. She better not try and ruin the night for him. He tsked irritably and flicked a wrist condescendingly in the Svefra’s direction without looking. “N our Lia, Calli.”

He paused. This was probably one of the first conversations he’d held with another human being, other than Tydus that hadn’t ended up with him insulting or saying anything to offensive. He hadn’t received any scathing remarks or verbal abuse from the opposite party.

Something wasn’t right.

He narrowed his eyes. He was abrasive. Rude. Arrogant. That was his nature. So why was she taking a liking to him? People didn’t like Kel. He was the black sheep of all social gathering. People ran from him.

“Alright woman. What game yeh’ be playin’?”

Legend

Fratava

Kel's Common

Kel's Thoughts

PC/NPC Common
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Grace Lechar on March 17th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Stefan pushed the glass of wine towards her, and Grance glanced at the mizas on the table. She debated reimbursing him or letting him pay. Her anger dissolved quickly, her nerves had long since been gone and she didn't have too much of an issue talking freely now. Grace's hand clutched her ale, as she stared at the wine, realizing she was about to have quite an unpleasant taste in her mouth. The tea taste in her mouth, now mixed with Ale, wasn't very appetizing as it was. Grace imagined the sharp taste of the wine added to the mix, and cringed, letting a chuckle out. ]"I think if wine was added to the taste in my mouth, it'll end up on the floor." Grace apologetically pushed it away, taking a larger swig of her ale.

Grace nodded when he offered to let her play the instrument, more excited than she should be to try out the new experience. She let the neck rest in her left hand, trying to mimic the way Stefan held it earlier. The position felt odd, and Grace turned it so that the neck was now in her right hand. She plucked a chord by the base of the intrument, letting out a high twangy sound. It wasn't like the music Stefan had produced, and Grace tried to pluck a chord higher up on the Mandolin, just as another palm rested on her knuckles. She was very aware of his warmth mixing with hers. She could smell him quite easily now, a tang of wine mixed with a warm salty aura, reminding her of the ocean on a summer day. Grace didn't care for the proximity though, but she wasn't going to push the man off her. As Grace let her right hand hover off the strings, watching Stefan play a few notes. He seemed skilled when she watched from afar, but with the ease he played, it almost seemed like magic how he knew where to place his fingers, halting some chords form vibrating letting the other strings let their sound through. Mixing the notes together developed the short quick tune.

He let Grace try, her long fingers wrapping around the neck somewhat rigidly and awkwardly, yet it looked smooth with his own hovering over hers. She strummed to lightly and barely a sound came out, so Grace strummed again. She smiled at the result she got, the smooth note floated form the mandolin, but was not followed by a companion. Grace pasused as Stefan repositioned her fingers for the second note.

“Can you feel it? It’s the music, how you create it . . . " He helped her with the third note, the dainty song roughly coming together at her finger tips. "Doesn’t it feel good? You got quite the hands for this, if I might add . . . strong, yet firm." She could feel a grin seeping into her face witht he compliment, and Stefan let her strum the fourth note, which was the same as the first. "You should try to learn someday . . . I would happily teach you a thing or two . . .”

"I'm sure that's all you'd want to teach me, ey?" Grace rolled her eyes, aware of his flirting, but not re-gifting the intimacy. Stefan laughed behind her, his chest pressing into her back as she crudely played the last two notes. Stefan took the mandolin away, pulling the strap around his neck. He clasped her hand in his, tugging her into the open space. Grace halted for a minute, taking a larger gulp out of her Ale before she complied. “Tell me, why we don’t dance a little bit? It will be fun for the both of us! Let’s swing a little of the merry-o!” His hand raised and Grace ducked to twirl under their arms, a grin on her face.

"That offer I will take you up on!" She flashed her teeth, reaching for his other hand. She didn't know any real dances, and without music playing, she lacked the lithesome in her feet to dance like her name suggested. As she kicked and twirled, puling Stefan into her less than adult-like dance, and let him pull her into more graceful moves, she didn't mind her lack of choreographic knowledge. Grace noticed a tall women that they neared, Stefan made a quick greeting, and Grace gave a rather large unwarranted grin to the woman. She strolled over to her own drink, a few sips of the fowl liquid made it down her throat before Stefan returned. She didn't mind so much, she had been somewhat clingy before. She never really got an answer as to why he chased the couple, but Grace put it out of her mind. Tonight she was willing to dance with a creep.

"Alright everybody..." Stefan announced, his fingers gliding walong his mandolin already. “What about a merry dance for me? On Rhysol’s dance floor!” Grace didn't know the tune, but as the song started playing she looked for a dance partner. She finished her ale as her eyes landed on Lysaea, a woman she knew from around the Sanctuary, worked with her and the horses.

"Lysaea!" Grace called winding her way through the drunk crowd towards her fellow groom."Come dance!" She didn't take no for an answer and let Lysaea take a drink, if she wished to, before tugging her out to the dance floor, in a very similar, but in a less flirtatious manor that Stefan had minutes before. Grace grinned at the woman, her hips beginning to swivel in a mock seductive manor. "You can't just sit there and get drunk, not alone at least. Come have fun! What's not to love?"
Thoughts - "Common" - "PC Talking" - "NPC Talking"

Last edited by Grace Lechar on March 20th, 2014, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace Lechar
Step 1: Mount the horse. Step 2: Stay on ...

Words: 79585
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 18th, 2014, 3:19 am

With a small smile, Adi lifted her right arm up on the counter. Her left picked up the shotglass that rested on the marble bar top. The beauty in the solid slab had yet to stop impressing her. Alements was quickly becoming her favorite establishment in Riverfall. It was definitely the most interesting tavern she'd ever patronized.

As she waited for Caelum to brace her wrist, her left hand sought out Ty's own hand. Adi didn't know how much pain, if any, would be involved with the tall man's healing efforts, and she wanted the familiar presence of the tall Svefran sailor who was her friend. Well...he was somewhat more than a friend to her at this point. Her eyes turned up, silvery pink trying to survey his face to see without asking directly if the physical contact was okay. When he took a step back and clenched his fists, an expression that Adi couldn't quite read crossed his features. Shocked, Adi dropped her hand. "Ty...? Tydus, is everything okay?" She hadn't meant to hurt him or mske him uncomfortable.

Flinching, Adi looked at the medical kit the tall Ethaefal had hoisted up on the marble bar top with silent fear in her eyes. It looked made for hurting, not healing. The idea to distract herself popped into her mind just then. Grateful for the idea, Adi picked up the shotglass full of rum and raised it towards the men. "To health and happiness," the Vantha toasted, eyes twinkling in the copper-toned light from the bar. She raised the glass to her lips and tipped it back. Immediately after tasting the strong liquor, her eyes bugged open. Stronger, much stronger, than the ale she'd had with the Tempests on Kel's ship. Even though the burn from the alcohol was the first thing she tasted, Adi could see why Tydus liked it. It was complicated like he was.
Last edited by Adi Skyglow on May 17th, 2014, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext