Open light it up.

Alements Grand Opening!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

light it up.

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 14th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Shyke! Abort, abort! I can't deal with him right now...

"Yes, thank you." In Vani, she spoke to Lysaea with a smile on her face. She was careful not to say what she was feeling to the other Vantha, because Tydus spoke both Common and Vani. Her native language was the reason he'd taken an interest in her in the first place. "Ty? Mind if I finish up my conversation with Lysaea? Give me five chimes and I'll come join you. It's been a very long time since I've talked with a Vantha."

Tydus' presence wasn't painful for her the way her eyes suggested it was. Her pain came from the memories she had suppressed since the fifth of spring. Adi was incredibly disappointed in herself. Ale in copious quantities and two shirtless sailors led to her trying on the whole shirtless thing for herself. ...at least it was just with him, not in front of Kel or in the tavern. Somewhat relieved by that thought, Adi shook her head to clear it. This was the first time she'd taken the opportunity to think about that night she'd arrived in Riverfall. And though it was odd and somewhat uncomfortable for her, a part of her knew she needed to. Especially before she even considered doing anything else with Tydus.

The man who'd sat at the bar earlier was now playing behind her, and the dark-eyed woman who'd talked with Kel was dancing. Adi briefly entertained the thought of joining her. But she'd been engaged in a conversation with the Vantha in front of her, and it'd be rude to ignore her."It's just memories. He and I were...involved a while ago. I hadn't quite dealt with it."

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Reven Heath on March 14th, 2014, 10:07 pm

The Kelvic was thankful when Vanator offered to guide her away from such an environment. Guilt settled in her after a moment as it appeared he too was removing himself from the party. Reven didn't want to impose on him, but Van didn't seem to mind. And as if to destroy such emotions, he took her into his arms after they were out of sight from the public and kissed her softly. It was a connection of skin that calmed her enough that even when he pulled away, Reven had tugged him back by his shirt. She was selfish for his company and his touches. He knew this too well.

Releasing him from their kiss, the cougar smiled up to him after a tick before following him out to the back. There was a boat nestled by a small dock, floating atop the water innocently. Reven didn't think of it as innocent but looked at it more as a death trap. Water was not her friend... Hesitantly, she moved toward the Catamaran, making sure to keep as perfect balance as she could, not wanting to risk the possibility of falling into the water. Her movements were unnatural but to him, it would have been completely like her. Reven followed him to where he would sit and perched herself next to him.

“No,” She answered, “The Sanctuary was quiet when I returned with Larik, I assumed she was with you. Is she not here?”

Waiting for his answer, Reven shook her head. “Maybe she had business to attend to. You know how she is, but missing a party like this is very unlike her.” Remembering how the Konti behaved for the Masquerade, she was a little unsettled by her absence. Turning to her bondmate, Reven reached for his hand, gliding her fingers over his callouses and nails.

“You don't have to leave the party for me.” Turning her bright eyes back to him, Reven offered a light smile. “I'd feel bad if you didn't stay and enjoy yourself.”

The setting sun illuminated their features, bathed in an orange hue that complimented both the Drykas and the Kelvic's complexion. The sounds of the water splashing against the boat soothed her, even as songs of merriment reverberated from the shop just a few meters away. Being with him, in that moment, was completely relaxing. “Van, I have something that I've been meaning to give you.”

Reven fished for her coin pouch. Digging it out and opening it, she pulled out a long, golden chain where, on the end of it, dangled a gold, dusted red, circular pendant of sorts. It was small, the width spanning her three fingers and held in the center of it was a blood agate, large and glinting deep red. Around the gemstone were intricate designs that made it appear as if the gem was a heart, veining out to connect with the edge of the pendant. Leaning to him, the cougar tucked it around his neck before settling herself down to look at it. The necklace was a decorative piece, exquisitely crafted and accented his torso nicely, making him look every bit the Ankal he was. Reven paused for a moment, the smile gone from her lips as she looked at him.

Trying to block the bond off from her emotions, Reven felt ashamed of herself. In her eyes, Vanator was the epitome of a man and already, she could not match him. He looked that of a leader who could overcome any obstacle, he was knowledgeable, brave, strong, passionate. He was everything a woman could want and to think he took an interest in her. If only he knew her blood was stained, her heritage a disgrace... She wondered if he would still look at her the same.

She couldn't.

“It's beautiful Vanator.” The feline said after a moment, her eyes fixed to his. “The color suits you.”
Last edited by Reven Heath on March 16th, 2014, 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Kel Tempest on March 14th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Day 27 of Spring in the Year 514 AV

The oldest Svefra of the pod watched in fascination as the woman sitting in front of him seemed to take his comments about his podmate in a stride. Apparently there was more to her than met her soulless black eyes. He enjoyed the jabs she tried to inflict upon him. It was a nice change from the dreary attitudes people seemed to keep about them.

Everyone was too concerned about what the other thought of them to really say what was on their mind. They hid behind false facades, masks and walls. He hated politics. Especially when it was just average people interacting with others, there was no gain from it.

The most honest of people were the ones who spoke their mind. If anything, they were the ones who could be trusted the most. They didn’t hide behind words and trickery. They said what they meant and stood by it. Kel looked up in surprise from his musing as the Chaktawe stood up and slapped him on the shoulder. He broke out into a wide grin.

“I would love teh’ dance with yeh’.” The Svefra lifted his pitcher and drank deeply once again. He felt a slight buzz from the alcohol as it slowly began making its way through his blood stream. He leaned up from his seat and stood, the chair scraping loudly against the wooden floors. He winced slightly as he felt a stab of pain from his wounded leg. The alcohol had dulled the pain somewhat and for that he was grateful. He did his best to swagger over to the open floor where Shijara swayed to the beat.

He looked around trying to find the source of the music and caught sight of the man strumming the instrument. Kel roared with laughter.
“Stefan! Heya’ mate. How’s the ‘ol face doin’ since I last punched yeh’?” He chuckled as he remembered their drunken bar fight. Well, the Svefra had been drunk, Stefan had been minding his own business. That was, until he tried kicking Kel’s tavan companion.

“Yehr’ lucky me was drunk or yeh’d be farin’ a lot worse.” Kel winked at the bard and turned his attention back towards Shijara. Her hair floated around her face and she tucked it back, her face lighting up with flow of alcohol and mirth. The Svefra jumped in front of her and began dancing.

Embarrassment wasn’t a concept he understood. Which was fortunate for him because his style of dance could be considered outrageous. He did whatever pleased him and took the utmost satisfaction in it. He didn’t care what people thought of him, if they wanted to judge him for enjoying himself, he had a trident and knew a place where they could shove it.

A smirk plastered itself across his face as he stepped to the beat, arms twirling. His motions were exaggerated as he danced, laughter bubbling to the surface. He spun, heel digging into the wood and threw out his other foot to stop him, arms extended. He continued dancing, arms and legs flailing about.

A familiar face sat at the bar, eyes shifting colors as she talked to another person.
“Heyo! It’s Adi! This be yehr’ second time drinkin’ eh?” He waved over at her, gesturing for her to join. “C’mon over hurr and join teh’ dancin’! Yeh’ lookin’ like yeh’ could use some fun!”

Kel mimed casting a fishing line out towards her and began reeling her in as he danced to the beat of the song. Nothing banished the blues quite like some good old fashion dancing. And of course, alcohol didn’t hurt either.

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 20th, 2014, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Caelum on March 14th, 2014, 10:24 pm

"Thank you, Grace," Elise murmured to the Sanctuary groom, deftly lifting the girl's empty mug from her hand and replacing it with a full one. A second one was slid toward Stefan with that shy smile and she inclined her head in a spill of dark hair. "On the house."

Then Elise was gone again, clearing up tables, but she took the time to pause by Orabelle when the gorgeous nakivak spoke to her. At the compliment, Else flushed a little, but she proceeded to gain Orabelle's order before whirling off once more. It was busy, and that in and of itself was a delight.

Little Lillian bounced a bit on her tippy-toes before scooting closer to where Lyn'nice sat. She was a familiar and well liked face and there were, after all, a great deal of strangers present. She caught sight of her father when Caelum returned into Alement's main room, an ashwood case tucked under one arm and a thick, pine colored glass bottle stoppered with cork dangling from one hand.

"Thanks, love," he flashed his grin at Reven when she approached, pleasantly blinding. Then shoo'd her back toward her bondmate whose eyes he met with a communicating nod as he slid right back behind the bar. The ashwood case he carried was set down in front of where Adi sat with Lysa and he sidetracked to put together a line of tonics for Elise.

Ultimately, however, Caelum landed in front of Tydus. Adi's pain level should have lowered considerably by now, so he had another few minutes before her wrist would be ready to braced. The proprietor took this opportunity to catch Tydus Tempest's eyes, raise his eyebrows with an enigmatic air, and then set a sparkling shot glass on the bar in front of the svefra. A second one landed beside it.

"I've a taste of something for you," he offered, and uncorked the bottle to splash a measure of pure, Kenash stilled rum into the glasses.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

light it up.

Postby Tydus Tempest on March 15th, 2014, 12:11 am

How it felt to enjoy rum's divine graces again, laughter bubbling in the Svefra's mind as the familiar loosened feeling of intoxication crept within his mind. He was utterly nonplussed by the new woman's, Lysaea's, by her introduction, failure to notice him right away. On this night, it was about the celebration of a new place, the gathering of a Pod, the proposal that Kavala had offered him and his Pod. It was fresh in his mind, but, he cared not to reflect upon it. Over-thinking led to re-consideration and a lack of satisfaction. No, Tydus was to enjoy the night at hand.

He noted Adi's distracted, fluttered reaction to his entrance as well, arching his eyebrows curiously, but he kept his commentary to himself. It seemed that she had quite the change of opinion since the night they had spent in the Kulkulkan Inn, though, Tydus supposed that it wasn't the first time. Laughter bubbled from his lips before he moved to Adi again, pressing his lips to her cheek again before he replied, "Of course, luv. Perhaps'll see ye around." Tydus shifted on his heel, taking several steps away and setting at the bar once again. His attention was subsequently captured by someone speaking. Eyes widened as they set upon a pine-coloured bottle, two glasses set down upon the bar. As the liquid was poured, the smell of rum strong in the Svefra's nostrils, his jaw dropped.

The words the man spoke were a send from Laviku himself, offering up what may as well be the ultimate elixir of immortality to Tydus, the young Svefra's eyes widening, his gaze flickering between both the proprietor of the tavern and the liquid itself. He took the glass with a shaking hand, pouring it down his throat. A pleased sigh escaped his lips as the rum's burn coursed through his throat for the second time this evening, the flavour crisper and sharper than his own, for an extent of what was in his flask was rather tainted with salt water, its purity put into question with the roaring tides of Laviku's blood. Not that the Svefra particularly minded the salt water, but... Purity is always... incredible.

The Tempest scion's gaze finally settled upon the man, a grin settling upon his lips as he reached forward to clasp him upon the shoulder. A merry laugh escaped Tydus' lips, bright and excited in nature as he bellowed over the noise of the tavern,

"Aye, lad! Ye've suddenly become me best friend! Where did you happen to pull this from? Ye bartender said that there was none of the blessed poison in Riverfall. She's got it all wrong, 'den? Yer the brains of the operation, after all."

The Tempest's words were free from the pull of alcohol at this moment, bright from the sheer exhilaration of discovery. A moment later, the Tempest scion regained his composure, a deep breath filling his lungs as he calmed his words. Business first, lad. Then pleasure.

"Is there more? Me Pod and I would absolutely love to have rum aboard the fleet. T'is far too rare to pass up."

Tydus Tempest
The Tempest Scion

Words: 365477
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 7:45 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

light it up.

Postby Stefan on March 15th, 2014, 12:49 am

This gal, Grace as she called herself, was indeed a pleasant company for Stefan this evening. He didn’t expect her to do a lady-like pose, even though she didn’t do it too well thanks to her tea, but it was something quite nice, and he liked it. “No, my dear; the pleasure is all mine” he winked at her, smiling warmly.

“Oh, this old thing?” Stefan stopped playing at her question “This, my dear lass, is a mandolin. If well tuned, can make a beautiful tune, but I think you already heard that...” he chuckled at her, while Elise gave her a mug with beer. He took a small sip and smiled, but then looked at Grace, and his smile widened. “Come on, my dear, drinks something! Life’s too short, and this opening is just getting started!” he said with a loud laughter, as he continued to play... but then saw something, or rather, someone. “Could you please wait me a tick? I’ll get with you in a moment...” he gave Grace a wink with a smile, and then started to walk towards the dock, near a catamaran.

However, he was interrupted by one of the members of the Tempest pod, Kel. Even though he was a tad brassy, Stefan considered him somewhat of a friend, or at least a drinking buddy. “Kel, glad to see ya too, lad! The head is better, but it did hurt for a while after that night. You got to respect that!” he laughed loudly “and how are your eyes after I spat the beer in them? It would be a shame is something happened to these beautiful blue eyes of yours!” he continued to laugh, even with that awful joke “Aye, you’re really frightening me! Lad, drink some more, this thing’s just getting started, and soon I’ll play something to dance for. Until then, give me just one second...”

As Stefan stood near the dock, he could see the both of them: Vanator and Reven. He seemed like a good man for her, and he couldn’t deny it. So he smiled at the Kelvic warmly and sincerely, and nodded. Stefan was happy for her, and she wanted her to know it.

He then went back to Alements, hiding from them both and making sure not to be seen by them, but then he started to play again. “Alright, this is something for the romantic ones and the lovers...” the song was slow paced, as if for a dance, but actually, Stefan was serenading Reven and Van, and then he started to sing.

Wise men say, only fools rush in
But I can't help, Falling in love with you

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If i can't help, Falling in love with you.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help, Falling in love with you

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love, with you

For I can't help falling in love, with you

Stefan bowed and returned to his spot at the other side, back with Grace “Sorry for the interruption, my dear, where was I?”
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Grace Lechar on March 15th, 2014, 2:03 am

Grace's nose wrinkled at the suggestion. Ale wasn't something Grace was in a habit of drinking, anyway the house tea had been an interesting blend of sweet and spice. Grace was about to make a sarcastic comment on Stefan's lack of modesty, she watched his eyes drift past hers and around her shoulder. Presumably to someone who interested him more than herself. Her jaw hardened as he held up a finger to dismiss himself. She turned with him as he slid past her shoulders, which dropped with the movement. Okay, first attempt to make a friend? Failure. Grace sighed, yanking out the nearest chair to sit down. She sat on it, leaning back and pulling her leg up to rest her ankle on her opposing knee. Most people stood and mingled so immediately she felt weird, being visibly lower than the others, a view she wasn't used to. Her eyes wandered over the crowd, catching sight of the door swinging shut behind a figure.

She had seen where Stefan had gone. He followed a couple out the back. Grace knew the man, she thought his name was Vanator, and a strange woman. She might not participate in the fun of pursuing a lover, but Grace wasn't ignorant. Her nose scrunched at the thought of Stefan following them out. The thought of why disgusted her and she almost didn't want him to come back. Creep. Grace wrote him off quickly, crossing her arms and turning her head. She was debating whether to go visit Lillian, even though Lyn had assumed the temporary motherly role. Her eyes skimmed across what looked like a family. They were somewhat frightening, they all looked similar with piercing blue eyes and tanned skin. Tattoos and scars covered their body, accented by their wind tussled hair. She knew these people from when she was a child. Well, not them in particular, but she knew they were the Svefra. Grace inwardly scoffed at her childhood desire to run away with them. Why would they take a land-dweller? Elise appeared amidst Grace's thoughts, she seemed to notice Grace wasn't actively conversing with anyone. The girl didn't say anything, but hovered near her for a moment longer than if she was just passing through. When Elise caught Grace's eye, she offered a small smile. Grace sighed, asking her for a mug of the wretched Ale and pulling out another coin for when she got back. Grace admired the girl, not much younger than herself. She worked hard and even though it was hard to get a word out of her, she seemed to be one of the wisest of people to be around. Grace yawned, pulling her arms behind her head and stretching back over the chair. She felt the release of her bones run along her spine, and she sat back up. She rolled her neck to each side, setting off a few more snaps in her upper back before crunching her hands together. The sudden looseness relaxed Grace, as she sprawled out more on the chair. One arm lay across the table, tapping Stefan's last tune on the table with her coin.

Grace thought she ought to go home, but her sudden change in social setting made her crave the toxic beverage she was waiting for. As she began to zone out a soft clink made her sit up, she fumbled to hand Elise the coin. "Thanks." She sighed, picking the glass liter up and bringing it to her lips. Ale wasn't a necessarily hard drink, but Grace's low tolerance let the numbing poison send a warm sensation down her throat and through her organs. She place the mug down, baring her teeth and sucking in her breathe. After this, Grave told herself, I will head home.

Her personal yet somewhat embarrassing face was interrupted by Stefan, who had joined her again. “Sorry for the interruption, my dear, where was I?” Grace's face went blank, wondering if he had seen her scrunched face and had guessed that her taste in alcohol wasn't common. Grace flashed her hard smile once, leveling her blue eyes with Stefan's. She intended for it to be a challenging stare, but her bang's had been growing out recently and tangled in her lashes, causing her to blink rapidly for a few ticks, ruining her desired effect.

"Thought you went off to watch the lovers. But, eh," Grace's wrist flicked on the table it rested on, then resuming their hold on her ale. "Bet'ch'ay seen it before. Guess ya got bored?" Grace's voice was hard and heavy, laying it on a bit too thick. She was somewhat angry at him for abandoning her so suddenly. She didn't know the man so she had no right to really stake a claim to him as her friend for the night, but it felt better to call him a creep to his face. Grace could as easily be jumping to conclusions, her insult was harsh, but she didn't apologize. Her hard personality was usually off-putting and Grace would be rather surprised if he didn't say something back. She set her gaze on him, challenging him to say something. She almost wanted to start a fight. Grace lifted her full drink from the table, taking a large gulp, letting the repulsive liquid glide down.

She didn't really want to fight with the stranger, she wanted someone to talk to. But she couldn't figure that out herself. Her sharp tongue and rude words were common, surprisingly so for her caring personality, but Grace didn't quite realize that her offhanded, or intended, insults was what kept her from gaining the friends she desired.

Thoughts - "Common" - "PC Talking" - "NPC Talking"

Last edited by Grace Lechar on March 20th, 2014, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace Lechar
Step 1: Mount the horse. Step 2: Stay on ...

Words: 79585
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 15th, 2014, 2:43 am

With a quick jerk of her head to the Vantha next to her, Adi stood up in a flash. Her left arm reached out to grasp at empty air. Damned sailor was too fast for her fingers to snag the edge of his shirt. "Shyke, Ty, wait! That's not what I meant, don't...augh!" And then he was gone, whirled off towards Caelum, and Adi was tormented. Kel was there, beckoning her to dance. Lysaea still sat working on her tea. Tydus, though, was about to...what is that liquid? Her options tore her almost in thirds. Lysaea Frosttfawn, the Vantha, was by far the safest option. She could sit quietly and drink tea with her and Lyn'nice the Konti and perhaps talk about him. Twirling away to dance with Kel was another distraction-oh, by the gods, he didn't just bring up the Fifth, did he? The heat in her face told her yes, he had, and it also struck Kel off that list of options.

Though she continued pondering her course of action, it was obvious almost immediately that her mind was made up. Kel's offer tempted her seriously. Adi hadn't danced since she'd left her family's Arvinta back in Avanthal, and that had only been with Drasna. Dancing had truly been fun. She had thoroughly enjoyed being swept off her feet, even if her dancing partner was of the unsavory sort. Some day, maybe, she'd have that chance again. Unfortunately, today was not that day.

I am truly going to hate myself for this later.

In that chime, she pulled several golden-rimmed mizas out from her bag and approached Caelum and Tydus at the bar. Her fingers drumed in a few droplets of an unidentified liquid that had dripped off a cup. Had anyone been looking at the back of her neck right then, they would have noticed the snowflake that rested there shimmer with a brief glow. The water on the bartop froze almost instantly. Her fingernails struck the cold surface abruptly, a shock to Adi. She couldn't remember the last time she'd accidentally activated her gnosis powers from being this tense. "I need liquor. Something strong. As soon as it's convenient, please."

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on March 15th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Lysa observed the interaction with Tydus and Adi. She wasn't an expert at love at all but she was sure they were involved for... perhaps one night. Like a one night stand or something. It seemed to her that was what the Svefra had thought as he slipped away not a second later like he did not care that much. She wasn't sure about what Adi thought. The way she had immediately stood up and tried to call after him indicated to her that much. Her words "It's just memories. He and I were...involved a while ago. I hadn't quite dealt with it." implied that she did like him to some degree more than just sleeping and drunkness. At least that was what Lys thought as she managed to say a quick "Bye," to the Vantha who had by then moved away to the bar.

Lysa mentally shrugged. It wasn't really her place to go nosing into other people's love lives. She couldn't even remember the last time she herself had felt love. She had been so sure when she got married that she was but she was just naive. Her dead husband might have loved her but she knew that somewhere along the line, she just realised that she didn't reciprocate any of his feelings towards her. It wasn't his fault at all. It wasn't as if...

Suddenly, a wave of guilt crashed down over her. It wasn't his fault at all that she had caused his death unintentionally. Sure, all the overgiving before that horrid event was key to her becoming more insane, but it hadn't really created any of her feelings that she wasn't happy in her new hold. She liked the sea. It's gentle waves crashing against the docks was soothing to her. The forest had it's pleasantries for her but it had never been the same as the sea. It just had an aura that had that special something a closeness with a particular thing needed.

If she had learnt Reimancy while she was still in her former hold, maybe things would have turned out differently. She highly doubted she would have even bothered to attempt to learn. It was only her unhappiness that made her feel like learning the dangerous magic anyway. She knew for sure that she would never have killed anyone.

Unable to keep her feelings from showing on her face, Lysa turned her face away and stared at the wall nearby. Her eyes were a turmoil of light emerald and dark amethyst as she let her thoughts slowly bleed out of her head. She really needed to forgive herself if she was ever going to move on. She thought she had the day she realised why she was stuck in one position. Obviously not. Of course she hadn't. She knew that deep down, however far it was tucked away in the furthest reach of her mind.

It wasn't the time or place for her getting depressed over her life. She normally hated alcohol. It let down her inhibitions and gave her less control. The only good thing about it was that it generally made her forget. Forget about everything she had done. It was because of that desire for relieve of her memories that she decided she would beckon over Elise.

"Alcohol please, I don't care what," she said softly to her, making sure her voice wouldn't shake as she fished out some mizas to hand to the woman. She didn't care if she would regret it later on if she woke up from her daze. She just didn't want to remember.
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Chandray on March 15th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Chandray wasn’t normally the kind of person who went to mingle aimlessly at openings of new taverns and other similar sales promotion events. She made a living playing fiddle. Yes. She spent lots of time in places where people gathered in order to socialize. Yes. But despite this, or maybe because she already had her share of it and more, she didn’t feel an immediate need to visit the tavern.

The Patio was very nice to look at though and she could see that somebody had put great effort into making this new tavern as beautiful and alluring as people do when they are making a dream come true. She understood as much. Behind the tavern was a dream, and behind the dream was a living dreaming person, who had put heart and soul into this house, it’s decorations, furnishing and offers. A new business was in a way similar to a newborn child. Somebody had carried this ideas in mind, planned and dreamed and hoped. And now it was time to see how it all would be received by other people... she sent a wish of good luck the unknown proprietors way.

To judge from the happy sounds of socialization that could be heard even from outside it seemed to be a success.

Folleri-de-dom, de- daerai diddero
Folleri-de-dom, domme daerai dae !

Well, this was definitely the kind of nonsensical song that could convince even a seasoned tavern visitor like Chandray Evereene to enter yet another tavern. She opened the door and went in. It wasn’t like she was unable to guess the singer… the other bard had been first to the money again. Then again, he was definitely better than her at this genre, there was no denying it. And with all the svefra guests around it seemed like a perfect match.

Seeing her musician colleague and sometimes company performing and flirting around in a cheery mood, she recalled their grand performance at Coil’s, and then the less pleasant things they had experienced when the show was over … ah, he was actually tougher than he looked, a lot tougher really, perhaps more than he knew. But insight comes to us all, sooner or later, when things get really rough, she thought. She bet he hadn’t forgotten the hardships of that evening…though this happy tavern wasn’t the place for speaking about it. She wasn’t going to bring it up, not here and now, not in public.

Her thoughts had went through her like a gust of cold wind from a harder, colder, dark and merciless level of the world. She shrugged and walked over to the bar. It was hard to not recognize the ethaefal : there wasn’t too many of the horned ones around. He had been making drinks at that odd party in winter too. It was the same one. With a smile she asked for a glass of specialty wine and got it. She moved a few steps in order to make room for other guests and then she turned and leaned back on the counter, looking out over the room.

The decorations were stylish, elegant, beautiful. She quite liked it.

She could see the usual things, in a tavern at evening. Lots of guests, mostly strangers, some of them nice and well behaved people, some apparently downing a river of alcohol and getting drunk by the chime, others chatting and laughing loudly or even too loudly in some cases, some men staring at some women like sharks at minnows, some women staring back like minnows at … well, the usual things you could expect. The blond man who had showed her how to handle a horse seemed to be working there as some kind of staff, busy like petch…

She was looking around for somebody to socialize with and have some fun with. There was definitely one man of action over there : He looked like a natural born troublemaker, a cocksure expression on his face and as far as she could see, not too good manners. His whole appearance oozed violence, she had seen similar personalities before and recognized the signs. Dangerous. He was one of the men staring at a dark beauty who seemed to encourage all and reward nobody.

She had a closer look at the beautiful woman and saw the fathomless blackness of her eyes : chactawe. One of the other men involved in the staring contest seemed to try to drench his sorrows and himself with them. She bet they were all in …thrall, seemed like a more adequate word than love in this case.

This was just the kind of thing that could spice up a tavern visit. Chandray winked at the cocksure troublemaker type : if he took the bait and flirted back, she would perhaps support his efforts to win the silent competition for the blackeyed woman. But only maybe, it depended on what happened or not happened.

But just in case he wouldn’t react she spread her graces to a few more guests. Stefan oh la la, the exotic horned bartender, the heavily drinking man with the dark and brooding expression, and why not the hardworking Vanator Denusk too, though he seemed both busy and spoken for, and there were others. She winked boldly at all of them, winkety-wink-wink-wink. To her it was a carefree game, playing a bit just for fun meaning nothing, while she drank her wine and basked in the atmosphere.

Folleri-de-dom, de- daerai diddero
Folleri-de-dom, domme daerai dae !!

Getting involved with her when she was in this cheery mood was like getting involved with a shark-hunter armed with a good harpoon and set on using it for fun. But right now she just drank wine and discretely focused her attention on the man who had uttered a word of extra interest for her : Kenash. She listened, waited, listened more, in order to maybe hear more half-drunk information drop from his lips. It could be useful.

Once in a while she glanced around in the room and winked at all and everybody. Well, let's include the girls and women too, some of them might share her kind of humor and then they could team up for added fun.
Last edited by Chandray on March 15th, 2014, 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chandray
Player

Words: 157569
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext