[Tarot's Scrapbook] The Stacked Deck

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Satu on September 26th, 2010, 4:57 am

So sorry to hear you are under the weather!

Here is my Daddy's Secret Receipe to cure what ails you and to combat all major and minor forms of illness...

One giant bowl of chilli to be taken as often as necessary. Also follow with one can of Pepsi.

The theory is this: all badness in your system will be burnt out of you by this method. So the road to recovery is short. It has never been known to fail.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Tarot on September 26th, 2010, 9:55 am

Many thanks for the wishes, everyone. But Satu, I'm pretty sure I would burn faster than the badness with your method. :(

you know you're sick when you have a dream like this. Mind you, I've never had a Miza dream before. Not one I could remember anyways. Well, I had one last night and I made sure I committed it to memory as soon as I woke up because it was just too entertaining.

Okay, it starts with us founders playing some kind of strategy game over the net. It was much like Risk, except it was medieval and there were several unit types. Long story short, Colombina gives us some memorable ass kicking. I switch to another window and see a post from Gossamer in our secret forum. Now, you are probably not supposed to be able to read in a dream, but I still knew what was being posted.

A bit of background: both here and on the previous game we managed, Goss will occasionally start what I call "alarm bell" threads. They are threads about some ongoing problem that must be dealt with NOW before bad things happen. As Jen is easily the most proactive admin in here, it's only natural for her to start these threads. Anyways, in this dream she'd posted a link to some threads with outrageous plots. Players and mods had posted pages upon pages of weird plots that threatened the game as a whole. Goss' own words were along the lines of "I can't tolerate this anarchy!"

So, the offending threads had gotten very long and pretty complicated. I remember being impressed at the activity level. However (don't laugh), the main plot was about the children of the Welcome Home (for those not in the know, the orphanage run by Stitch in Syliras) actually being summoned creatures from another world. They were shape shifters and someone had even posted a pic of their true forms. In the pic, which was anime style and must have annoyed Jen even more, there were three sleek figures, grey and kinda Journeyman-like but with glowing red eyes and long silver hair that reached down to their feet. The backstory for their summoning was pretty lengthy and unfortunately I can't remember it well, save that they were once humans that got mutated.

So, Jen posts that "they" (not clear who) were going to use the children as super troopers to conquer Mizahar and she wasn't just going to let that happen. Unfortunately, the dream pretty much ends here even though she had posted a wall of text with her counter plans.

So... Should I be worried?
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jilitse on September 26th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Wow, I think I was in your dream! I think...
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on September 26th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Poor, poor, GP.

GP, are you sure that was a dream and not delirium? :( You must rest more! And perhaps dream about it again. Like, if you only woke up you must immediately sleep again so it will be continued. Let us know what happens!

Get well soon, okay? We miss you and Mizahar is not the same without your puns and poor, poor *insert name*.

Just so I don't appear like I care for you a lot, I dropped a few things on our coord thread. Do check them when you have the time.

Cookies and cooked cream,
Pan
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2010, 5:53 pm

*laughs* Maybe your developing Precog Abilities, GP. I mean have you ever heard Stitch plot? He's really secretly mad-scientist evil, especially after he gets off a rough shift at his fancy smancy restaurant. And those grey guys you talk about... sounds to me like they are 'the greys' from ufo sightings just all done up in silver wigs for halloween.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder what your before bed cold/flu drug cocktail was... five parts asprin, one part nyquill perhaps? Lay off the stuff!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Stitch on September 26th, 2010, 7:28 pm

I have a Secret Plot? I am trying to take over Mizahar? The children are actually evil spawn summoned from other-fantasy-site-we-shall-not-name?

NOOOO. HAHA. HOW SILLY! HAHAHA.

...Ha...

>_______>
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on September 26th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. XD

Actually, Stitch is pretty evil. He just does not want to admit it! He'll make a perfect villain. :D
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Callisto on September 27th, 2010, 4:32 am

This is totally off tangent, but I think it's in italian, and thought it fitting.

Let the soothing cirque du soleil make you feel better, CT!

Just going to stand there and watch me burn,
but that's all right because I like the way it hurts...
Callisto
Boobs

Words: 62853
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2010, 9:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Abashai on September 27th, 2010, 11:18 am

GP, I hope this week is finding you feeling better! And what an awesome Miza dream, beats my dream of Jen with a bag of live mice!

Get well my friend.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Colombina on September 29th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Poor GP! I hope you are getting lots of rest.

What a strange dream. I dreamt I was being devoured by neighborhood dogs while defending my home the other night. And yet, I find yours more upsetting ;)
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

PreviousNext