Izurdin

God of Strength, Patience and Industry

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Izurdin

Postby Gillar on January 2nd, 2013, 6:03 am

Izurdin

ImageIzurdin is revered by the Isur who consider him to be their lord and father. It was Izurdin who passed on the skill and knowledge of advanced craftsmanship unto Izurith, the first King of the Isur and his first mortal child. This knowledge was handed down over the centuries from Izurith to his children and to their children until the Isur became the undisputed masters of industry. Izurdin, devastated by what happened to his children during the Valterrian, provided visions and guidance to Sultros, the Isurian king during the Valterrian, so that he may lead his people away from annihilation. He is known to most however as the Mt. King, strong, patient and eternal.

Izurdin is the undisputed Lord of Industry. Before the Valterrian, he was known to grace certain craftsman of unique talent with his presence and inspire them to construct one-of-a-kind examples of near divine work. Most of these artifacts have been lost following the Valterrian although there are signs that Izurdin may be gracing others with his presence once more. Scattered reports of wondrous items being crafted by the hands of mortals have been surfacing giving hint that the Lord of Industry is still watching. The God of Strength and Patience, Izurdin is often prayed to when one seeks patience or the strength to overcome. Though known to bless mortals regardless of their race, his love for the Isur shadows all else and it is they whom he showers his affection upon.

Izurdin, though active in mortal affairs to a point, prefers to grace them with inspirational visions instead of appearing to them in the flesh. He enjoys seeing a person find it within themselves to create and only gives a nudge if he feels they can build upon it on their own. When he does appear in the flesh, he appears as an Isur with a red arm and baring a chiseled body of perfection. Such appearances are rarer in the centuries after the Valterrian though they still occur. While in the flesh, Izurdin has been known to grant his personal touch and blessing to various works of art and industry. It is said that his direct touch is what helped the Isur build their mountain kingdom for such a task could only have been achieved with the help of a god. He is a patient god, soft spoken yet carrying an aura of unimaginable strength. Izurdin is one of the few truly neutral gods of Mizahar. As the literal definition of patience, he does not take sides save for the Valterrian where the near annihilation of his chosen children, the Isur, by Ivak's rage, drove the God of Industry to forge the prison that forever binds Ivak to dormancy. Izurdin values industry, creation and construction above all else save for mortal displays of profound patience and feats of amazing strength; regardless of their intent.

Although many acknowledge Izurdin with several paying homage to him, the Isur are his primary followers. They incorporate Izurdin into every aspect of their lives. The Church of Izurdin, located in the city of Sultros, is the largest structure dedicated solely to him. The church itself looks more like a grand forge than a traditional church or temple. This has led to many a forge, mine, or other industrial complex housing small shrines dedicated to the God of Industry. Some rumors, dismissed by most if not all Isur, also state that in the ruins of the Grand Isurian Cathedral in the shattered remains of the city of Izurith, another following of Isurdin exists. This one is said to be a much darker form of worship on the part of the Vicerin Isur; the lost clan of Isur supposedly destroyed when the city fell to the Valterrian. Speaking this in the presence of an Isur however is akin to the worse blasphemy.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Izurdin

Postby Artifex on June 8th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Image9th of Spring, Morning

The city outside was stirring. Citizens were waking to the day's new set of labors, and wiping off the dirt of yesterdays. Time ticked by. The bell struck, marking the hour. Artifex raised his head, shook loose from his quiet contemplation that he had been rigid within for some time. He looked to his hands where his prayer beads were laced between his fingers. He stood from the bed, and donned his simple attire. He looked to his tiny shrine, the shield that yet remained. Perhaps he would have to deliver that at long last to the Hammer. It was long overdue after all, but then again things had come up.

He had work to attend to, small tasks, and a little bit of smithing. He knelt before his shrine, as he did every day before leaving his humble abode, and setting about his tasks for the day. He knelt there and thought of Izurdin in all his might and patience, wondering what his focus was set upon at the moment. He prayed.

Oh Father, wherever you may be, I pray that you hear my words, and know that I still serve you. I pray thee give me strength in the days to come, to see that things that must be done are done. May you guide my hammer, blow for blow, and give me the patience to craft the greatest things the world has ever seen. Give me the strength to honor my family, my clan, and my people. Give me the strength to protect them from harm, and all those who would set upon us ill will. Above all else, give me the patience to see things through with clarity of sight and mind. I shall forever do your will and honor your name, for all that you have done for me and my people. As always Father, I serve you, always.

With that he smiled, as Pietas tackled him to the floor, unaware of the importance of the task he had just finished, the first task of his day. Still, Artifex laughed before his shrine, and rubbed the softer underbelly of his pet and friend. Then he stood, hefted his pack and fed Pietas. "Come now boy, we must show Father our devotion and strength, so lets get to it. The forge awaits".

As he left his abode, he smiled, for as he passed several houses he could hear therein the prayers of other Isur. He smiled and ran a hand along the izentor mark, that marked him as one of Izurdin's followers.
Artifex
Through faith we shall forge the future.

Words: 37797
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 6:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Izurdin

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on August 18th, 2013, 8:04 pm

25th of Summer 513 AV
Ethan picked up the figurine of Izurdin the feeling of strength spread through his arms and chest. Ethan paused for a moment as the head of Izurdin rested against his own forehead. Ethan focused on the feeling of strength in his arms and spoke his prayer, “Izurdin, I go forth today with my savings to bid on a job. I ask that the strength of my arms do not fail me, that I have the patience to plan well and embrace the vision of my own creation. I may not be a child of Isur, but today and the next I seek your patient inspiration. My hand will fall with hammer to create from iron a piece of my upmost skill, I pledge that as I create this piece I will seek the strength within for as you teach we your children have the gift of creation within us, and I praise you for that spark.” Ethan felt the strength in his arms spread to his heart and mind, it was not supernatural but as if by praying his own mind, body, and heart aligned. Ethan placed the figurine back amongst the others. Some quiet had come over Ethan soul, and for the moment he didn’t feel the need to eat or want of something more.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Izurdin

Postby Rosela on November 7th, 2013, 1:52 pm

74th of Autumn, 513AV (the conclusion of a larger study session on the gods)

"So...Izurdin." Rosela only assumed he spoke Common. Wouldn't the gods speak all languages? "I'm sure you have more dedicated supplicants, and I'm sure your attention is pretty focused on the Isur. In fact, you probably don't have time for an Eypharian girl on the other end of the world. I don't even know why I'm..." She trailed off, staring into the flames of her hearth, imagining, hoping, a great forge somewhere was stilling, just for a moment, to listen to her.

"I know what I want to do. I know, sortof, how to do it. I have this idea, you see. My empire. I have my shop now, but it'll be so much bigger, and I'll have so many different things, not just clothing. It's so, so big, just the idea, I wonder sometimes if I can really pull it off. But I know I can, and I'll just die if it doesn't..." The thought was too horrible to be spoken, but her mind's eye produced it anyway. Being stuck in her tiny clothing shop, never growing, never moving beyond what she was. "I can do it," she said forcefully, drowning out the image. "I know I'm good enough. But I know it's not just a matter of 'keep trying, keep trying'. I have to do it...right. Does that make sense? I don't really know what I expect here..." Sighing, one pair of hands dragged over her forehead and raked through her hair.

"Please. I need patience. And the strength to keep this moving. Can you-can you give me that? I need to create great things. Great things, that everyone will want. When someone thinks of beauty, and beautiful things, I want to be the first thing they think of. I want everyone to want to be beautiful, and I want them to want to come to me to make it happen." A sudden thought passed through her mind and she laughed self-deprecatingly. "I don't even know if you like fashion, and you're just up there cursing at me for not, I don't know, making swords or something. You should like fashion though," she laughed again shortly. "From the pictures, I'm sure you look great in leather. Black, of course, so it doesn't clash with your arm."

There was an awkward silence as she wasn't sure how to continue without any input. This was normally where someone either laughed off her suggestion or she talked them into a nice pair of leather pants. "I guess if you're ever in Riverfall...?" Opting to end it before she rambled any further, she gathered the bedspread around her and arched up off the floor. " Yea, that's it, I suppose. Just keep me in mind? ...Good night."

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Izurdin

Postby Raizuvon Auralis on September 5th, 2014, 2:25 am

0500 Day 1 Fall 514 AV

"I offer my gratitude to my Father for creating me, and for blessing me with this Insight for Creation," Rai began, referring to the blessed arm that all Children of Izurdin had, for it was truly a wondrous tool in this strength, durability and miraculous ability to shape and create even the hardest material.

"I left Your City, because I felt that it was beginning to detract from my Purpose, for I was spending too much time on social manoeuvring, and less time than I desired on honing my Craft and perfecting my Creations. I do not see Your City any less because of that, it is the nature of us mortals, but Father do not seek offence in my actions."

Rai paused to let the message sink in, for though there was no response he knew that through his blood and his birthright, he was always connected to his Father - his arm and the wondrous mark emblazoned on his shoulder was a physical embodiment of that connection. He was always Listening, even if He did not deign to answer. And that was fine, because Gods were always busy handling a million and one things in Mizahar. If Izurdin were to take a rest day, civilized Mizahar would grind to a stop in progress, for how would civilization progress without Industry?

"Lhavit beckons to me as a new beginning. I have heard stories of how Mizaharians are fearful of magic. Sultros is one of the few that does not steer away from this wondrous art and instead utilizes it to fuel our growth. Yet, I have also heard stories of how Zintila have steered her city to embrace magic like ours, and in fact displays of magic are even more common and celebrated. This is a freedom I can't find anywhere else, and I believe that I can grow better in mastering the arcane arts in this city."

Rai glanced around him to take in the sights, taking in a moment to compose his thoughts before continuing.

"Even more so, Industry beckons! Here in Lhavit, I can create a niche for myself. Even as I stepped into the very gates, I can feel the gears in my mind moving. Creativity strikes, and I fear that innovation cannot be held at bay. This city has a strange way of striking my imagination; everything is so bright and cheery! From day to night, the city is always alive with celebration, and I can always feel at ease working at every hour of the day."

He nodded once more as if to confirm with himself.

"Yes, perhaps this is the place where I can better grow. Father, I hope that you will support me in my endeavour. I will try my best not to fail you, and to spread your Name far and wide with nothing but the strength and quality of my Craft. I will update you again when I get things going. For now, take care!"
Raizuvon Auralis
Budding Magesmith

Words: 14562
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2014, 5:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes