PM to join [The Bean] Slow Work Day

Jovhel wastes away a slow afternoon working

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Jovhel on September 19th, 2014, 5:42 am

Disappointment washed over Jovhel and he retreated to some far off place in his mind. Upon focusing back, he smiled gratefully to Catherine, Of course, Sera. Thank you. He thought while he gave Catherine a glass dispenser filled three quarters filled with sugar. No one has told me she has passed yet. This is good, I pray to Yahal she is content. I must visit home soon and tell them I have asked for her. He scanned the room for her companion, who seemed oddly quiet, but he was yet to be seen. Must have slipped away while Jovhel was in thought. Is there anything else I can get you? A drink? A talk? What'll it be? He sipped his coffee.

He glanced around his work area to make sure everything in order. Unfortunately, there was nothing else to busy his hands and mind with. But he had noticed Garland left his coffee on the counter. Jovhel furrowed his brow, the drink was going to get cold and wouldn't taste the same. Mr. Astram had told him not to let the customers leave their coffee if he could help it. It would leave a better memory of the coffee once it was gone.
Common | Shiber | Tawna | Thoughts
Jovhel
Player

Words: 18830
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2014, 8:22 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Garland on September 19th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Garland came back with a bag of bagels, he didn't know what Catherine wanted, so he got he wanted. Hopefully she's OK with what he bought. He went back to the counter. "Here you go, some food hopefully you like them. Jovhel, do you want some?" He offered the bag.

Catherine took out one of the contents of the bag and bit a part of it off.
"Anything would be better than talking to him, he gives me headaches." She pointed Garland and patted him on the back.

"Oh shut it, Sera." He pouted, and too a sip of his coffee. It was lukewarm now instead of hot, he prefered it like this so he doesn't really mind.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Jovhel on September 22nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

Oh, thank you. He reached into the bag until his hand got grasp of a bagel. The scent of the baked goods wafted under his nose and brought to attention how hungry he was. This morning, his mind was too preoccupied with other things, he had forgotten to eat. The bread was soft and just a bit warm. His stomach thanked Jovhel gratefully was the bagel made it's way down his throat.

He pulled his coffee just below his face. Well, tell me about your time in the Knighthood. What stories have you two experienced out there in the world beyond Syliran walls? Jovhel leaned on the, drawn by the curiosity of what loomed outside the walls of the Citadel and Mithryn Outpost, the only two places he knew since he was four. His nose into his coffee mug, but he never broke eye contact with the two across from him.
Jovhel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Garland on September 23rd, 2014, 12:06 pm

Garland's eyes shone up when he heard Jovhel said about stories. "Well there was that one time when we fought a pack of wolves or that one time I fought a Yukman with a herbalist boxer girl or maybe all of the above!" Before Garland could start with his stories, Catherine placed her pointer finger on Garland's lips and took out a piece of paper and a pair of thick rimmed glasses.

"Any and all stories told by my squire will not be accountable or reliable for any testimonies involving any religion, politics or history. Any damages done, like ruination of reputation or public property will not be accountable and should be disregarded..." Catherine folded up the paper and her glasses and looked at the cashier. "Which story would you like to hear? I'll try to give you the truthful information of his stories." Catherine removed her finger from Garland's lips and took a sip of her tea.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Jovhel on September 24th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Jovhel let a small chuckle find it's way out of his lungs. He lips puckered as he thought about it for a short moment. I should definitely let you decide, but since you asked me, Sera Catherine , if you could do the honors of enlightening me about this story and Garland can make sure there are no important details left out or under-exaggerated. He said rather proudly as he found a non-biased solution that ended in him being capable of understanding what was being said.

He sipped another coffee and realized he had a shop to run. Just as he came to this conclusion, an elderly couple in the corner of the shop caught the Benshira's attention with the wave of a hand. Forgive me, Sera Catherine and Garland. I really must get back to paying attention to the other patrons. It's very important that I do, the proprietor of The Bean is relying on me. He excused himself from the back counter. If you'll excuse me, it has been an honor to make your acquaintances. He moved to the couple. weaving through the clutter of chairs and tables and greeted them with a friendly smile.
Jovhel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Garland on September 24th, 2014, 11:01 pm

"Its fine. If you're busy, we'll tell you the stories another time. We'll be finishing up our food then we'll be leaving after we're done eating." Garland replied and took a sip of his coffee. "Sera, are you feeling better?"

Catherine gave a grunt and a nod, sipping her tea. She quickly ate her snack and took out another one.

"At least you've gotten your appetite back. Though you could lose a few pounds." He joked, and gave a light laugh.

Catherine on the other hand just grunted at the comment and pushed Garland off the chair he was sitting on, making a loud thud and clunck from the armor and ground. He gave her own small laugh, and then empties the contents of her cup down her throat.

oocis this a good place to top it off? Thanks for rping with me!
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Bean] Slow Work Day

Postby Estrellir Konrath on October 28th, 2014, 10:43 pm

JOVHEL

Skills
Bartending +3
Medicine +1
Socializing +3
Observation +1

Lores
Garland: Squire
Tea: Lillian Root vs. Iskyny
How to make tea
How to make coffee
Garland & Catherine: Unusual pair

GARLAND

Skills
Socializing +4
Observation +2
Storytelling +1

Lores
Catherine: Recklessly dutiful
Jovhel: Bartender
The Bean: Sells coffee & tea

Other
Shield Points +1

COMMENTS

This was a nice thread. I quite enjoyed the dynamic between Jovhel, Garland and Catherine. The bits about making tea and coffee were interesting too. Jovhel, for more info on how to do job threads, look here and even here. If you've any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous