November's Featured Character is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Traverse on November 1st, 2014, 3:43 am

Greetings Mizahar!

As is customary the Founders Circle and Regional Storytellers have come together to select a character worthy of being featured for the month of November! This PC is a new, engaging, friendly individual who has drawn notice with their artistic side and fun laid back personality. I hope you'll join me as we get to know Firenze and the mind behind her a bit more in this interview!

1. The classic question. What brought you to Mizahar and how did you hear about us?

I had a friend talk about a website that she used to role play on and I was intrigued. I googled 'Role play writing website' and the very first thing I saw was Mizahar, I liked that it was professional looking and the rest is history.

2. There are a multitude of unique races to choose from when creating a new character on the site. Can you tell us about why you chose a Kelvic and if there were any other races that were close seconds before you settled on that?

I read over all of the individual races and I felt that Kelvic would be the most fun and that it was most relate-able for me. If I had to choose a second race, I would say that Akvatari sounds enticing and would be interesting to write. I've already begun to brain storm a possible character for this race that you will hopefully see sometime in the coming future.

3. Sunberth is an appealing city to a lot of players both new and veteran, what made you choose it and how is Firenze fitting into its chaotic atmosphere so far?

In almost the same fashion that I choose what race to write, I had read over each territory and from there tried to determine what story lines may be possible. I wanted to create something unique and intriguing, using some of my own personal history to help bring her more to life. So far, she seems to be running into a few fascinating people and caused a little bit of mischief. Even though Sunberth has a rather rough history of ne'er-do-wells she has managed to stay rather naive and good-natured.

4. Firenze has a short but intriguing character history, with a big mystery that I know leaves me wanting to know more. Do you have any specific plans for it, say taking Fire on a journey, or have you left it open on purpose to shape on your own time?

I actually have a plan for her history, I wanted some of the mystery to keep anyone who reads wanting more. I can say that she will have a long road ahead of her. She'll start a search to find out where she came from and why her family wasn't in the picture during the beginning of her life. She'll have quite a few hardships and tough lessons. She'll also make some close friends and potentially deadly enemies. Being the way she is, she'll try to keep things in a positive light while she battles with her inner demons and even worse, her realistic demons.

5. What has been your favorite aspect about Mizahar so far, and conversely your least favorite?

I love the history and the structure! I grew up in a very structured home and then after graduating high school I went straight into the military for 8 years. Having structure and rules, I feel keeps integrity and balance to the world of Mizahar. It aids in bringing a more realistic feel to the stories and also to help guide, anyone of any degree, in writing. I don't have a particularly least favorite thing, there are so many avenues and options available that you can't have enough to do, or want to do.

6. Firenze has a pretty laid back, lounging type of personality. What does it take to get her really riled up?

Well, she is really relaxed and that is a large part of her personality, however, she doesn't like being hurt, in any form, physically, mentally or emotionally. I'd really like to get her into almost a guardian type position, where she can watch over and care for the object of her focus, this should help to show more of her fierce protective nature.

7. Some people when making PC's have a character based a lot off their own personality, while others enjoy trying to make a PC as opposite of themselves as possible. Are you and Firenze similar in any ways?

We are similar in quite a few ways, although we are not parallel by any means, I feel that some of the qualities that I have do tend to spill over into Firenze's personality. I'm actually quite pleased with the way things are going with the development of her personality, she is curious about everything and she has a very positive outlook on the world, despite the many many things that could potentially kill her.

8. This is hard to do with any PC, especially new ones, but if you could imagine it, where and what do you see Firenze doing a year from now?

I can say too much, but I do have a plan for her that far down the road. As I stated above, I would really like to have her in a guardian type position. Possibly, with a broad range of skills, even though she may not be proficient in everything, just have a general knowledge.

9. So the word around town is that you shape graphics for other people, can you tell us a little about your Photoshop experience, and any aesthetic projects you've been working on for folks?

First, and foremost, I love to help! I really like working with photo shop and I have some skills in design. I did a few years, while in high school, taking some graphic design college classes. I'm also working towards my certification and degree in architectural design. I started with any art class that I could get myself into, when I was in kindergarten, from there I did photography, graphic arts, photoshop manipulation, painting, free hand drawing, mixed medias and sculpting. I'm currently working on a couple of different pictures, a few are changing color of hair or adding in (Ethaefal) horns, some signature pictures, creating images and bbcode for character sheets.

10. If there was one thing you could change or see added to Mizahar, what would it be?

I'm still fairly new and have quite a bit left to learn about Mizahar, I wouldn't change anything quite yet. However, I love the inventive Flora/Fauna that players have created. Also, seeing images helps me to be able to get an idea of what the player/lore/informational thread is wanting you to visualize when writing about it. I think it would be wonderful to see other players creativity as well, I had read a thread about a possible Mizaharian band of sorts, and the players actually playing the instrument and/or singing to create music to incorporate and make the Mizahar world come to life.

11. This is your own personal writing space to say and do whatever you want! Have at it!

I just wanted to say thank you! I'm glad to be welcomed into such a wonderfully creative place. I've made so many new friends and I enjoy having a creative place to go everyday and weave stories with other like-minded people. If you ever need help or would like any art work done, please feel free to private message me, I'm sure that we could figure something out!

Thanks again!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2014, 3:54 pm

Congratulations!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mirage on November 1st, 2014, 3:59 pm

Congrats! Well deserved and great interview :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Lucian Hill on November 1st, 2014, 4:02 pm

Congrats Fire!
Lucian Hill
Over many a quaint and curious volume

Words: 51909
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on November 1st, 2014, 4:05 pm

Congrats! The interview was an interesting read.
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Twister on November 1st, 2014, 4:06 pm

Oh, woah! That's one pleasant surprise. :) Congratulations, Fire!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aoren on November 1st, 2014, 4:09 pm

Wooo! Congratulations!!!!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adelaide Sitai on November 1st, 2014, 4:47 pm

Congratulations! :D
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal