PM to join The Harvest Festival (Part 2)

With playful fun and battles are won

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Harvest Festival (Part 2)

Postby Garland on October 31st, 2014, 3:58 am

"I swear, this armor just more trouble than it's actually worth. I honestly can't remember what happened." He said with a shrug and a small laugh. The entire event was washed away from his memory, for the most part anyway, all he remember was that he fought a Yukman with Suresslynn in the forest, he can't remember any of the details.

He wanted to get a prize, at least some spending money would be good. "Well... Usually, it's either money, or weapons, and consolation prizes were pretty funny booby prizes. Like a realistic looking katana blade, that was actually just a toy, or chocolate Miza coins, that kind of stuff." He said, looking down at the small arena where they were just fighting. He gave a small sigh, it looked like the award ceremony was about to begin. They were at the last block of this mini tournament, so it might be a tad while for the awards to reach them. "Hey, Saede. I wanna ask something in private, later. OK?" He said, hoping she would agree, it was an important question, hopefully she would consider it.

oocSo how are we gonna get our prizes? and great template Baker, I would say better than mine, but that would be insulting the person that made this for me XD
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on November 1st, 2014, 3:58 pm

It seemed that her friends were just as clueless about the prizes as she was, though Saede and Garland had some pretty good ideas about what might be handed out. Clearly they hadn’t joined the contest for any winnings. “Ooh ooh, look. Someone’s coming.” Sayana said as she pointed to an official looking man with a stack of papers in his hand. Someone else brought out a small platform to place in the middle of the three main tournament rings, and the man climbed up onto the platform and cleared his throat.

“Folks! May I have your attention!” He said in a loud ringing voice. “We have just finished the last of the contests and the winners will be granted prizes and a chance to compete in the final tournament hosted on the last day of the Harvest Festival. Never fear, if you did not participate in tonight’s trials, you can enter in the competitions hosted on any other night except for the last. Now, on to the prizes!”

An assistant came out holding a tray of various prizes. There were several small pouches with the letters “HF” embroidered into them that likely contained coins. There were a stack of ribbons and there were an assortment of ‘consolidation’ prizes. Some of those included: chocolate miza coins, a headband that looked like a realistic arrow going through the owner’s head, a toy dagger that when pressed up against something it would collapse/fold in on itself so it looked like the dagger had penetrated the object, and other cute toys and devices.

“For each set of four contestants, we have a winner who will receive 20 GM and a chance to compete in the final contest, and a runner up who will get their pick of a consolidation prize.” The man held up one of the pouches to indicate the monetary reward and then gestured to the various assortment of consolidation prizes. “Finally, all participants will receive a ribbon for their efforts in the tournament.” At the end of his little speech he began calling out the names of the participants for that evening, first starting with those of the archery contest then the contest with the horses and finally the sparring contest.

Sayana turned back to her friends clearly excited about the idea of prizes. “So Garland, if you were beaten by Saede, does that make you runner up? Whatcha going to get?” While money was always nice, and 20 GM was no small amount, the runner up prizes looked far more interesting.

OOCHey Garland, here’s your chance to eat some chocolate from Kenash, unless chocolate miza coins don’t count.

To the GraderHi lovely grader, I hope these sound like reasonable prizes. I messaged Nightmare earlier about it and he suggested that 20 GM would be reasonable. This also includes the sparring from The Harvest Festival (Part 1) which was the first round of the contest and was fought against NPCs. Feel free to award a different amount of GM if you think a different amount is more appropriate.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Suresslynn on November 5th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Suresslynn gave Garland a worried look as he said he couldn't remember anything that happened, then shrugged and shook her head. "With the head injury you took, I'm not surprised. For a minute, I was worried you weren't going to make it." she said, before falling silent at Sayana's announcement. "Huh, prizes...kinda wish I'd heard about this soon enough to join in...ah, well, maybe next time." the Dhani said, grinning slightly at her companions as she gave Garland and the girl who had beaten him a quick look over, trying to see what she could learn about the girl by comparing them. She'd make an interesting sparring opponent one day, and she was always on the lookout for more of those.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Bakar on November 7th, 2014, 5:38 pm

I promise I'm not that scary..
Well then, there was prizes. This would probably clear his mind up a bit. 20 GM. That was a pretty nice prize. If he was more into fighting, then maybe he'd have entered, he was a bit strapped for mizas, at least until his wages came in. He'd probably start saving though. Not that he think he could win, now that he really thought of it.

He noticed Suresslynn looking at Garland and Saede. Almost scanning them. But then she was done. Comparing that to her earlier statement about 'the thrill of the fight would be all you need' he assumed that she was an enthusiastic fighter, and added her name and face to a list of people he [i]really[/] shouldn't piss off.

Bakar decided that he would leave soon, probably after the prizes were handed out. He wasn't about to say his goodbyes yet, he'd wait. He didn't know how long until the prizes were handed out. He scanned over the group while they were distracted, taking in their faces, names and what they were like, waitong for the prizes.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Saede Lare on November 23rd, 2014, 6:13 pm

"Well, Sure Garland. I don't mind." He was probably going to ask about their sparring contest or something of the like, but she couldn't be sure.

Only moments later, the judge started calling up the contestants. Starting with those who came in around last place, he called everyone up one by one to give them their ribbon for consolidation. and any other prizes they earned.
"First up, Lynda! Thank you for participating. Here's your ribbon. Hope to see you enter next year!" Called the announcer. A small woman jogged up to the platform to take her ribbon and bowed to the audience. Saede thought it was a bit funny that she was bowing despite being in last place, but she kept that thought to herself.

The announcer called up numerous contestants, and Saede waited patiently beside her friends while they chatted about what prize Garland would choose. She thought of suggesting the toy dagger, but she didn't want to seem childish. It's better if he picks something he wants anyways. Not quite finding the conversation space to state her opinion, she held her tongue. While she wasn't talking she looked around and realized that both Suresslynn and Bakar seemed to be scanning everyone, as if to measure them up. She immediately straightened her back and glanced between the two of them, hoping she met whatever standards they had for her. After all, she didn't want to look bad in front of everyone. How she appeared to everyone was of paramount importance to her, and she mostly used her image to judge how good of a person she was. If she looked bad to everyone else, she was bad. If she was good in their eyes, then she could feel satisfied knowing that she was doing well. It was a system that worked for her in the past, although not all that well.

She started to think about the prize, 20 GM. Not bad, not at all. Signing up for this contest was a good idea. She said to herself. She met Lyn, Fought Garland, and was going to receive a prize. For winning. When she entered she didn't really expect to win. The contest was just something to do. She did try pretty hard, and had bruises to show for it. Her mind wandered to what she could do with the money. After considering possibilities for a bit and falling into a daydream, she snapped back to reality and desperately tried to hide it without much success. So much for my image.
Help with the Fall Harvest OR Winter planting Complete!
Attend the Harvest festival Complete!
Help with repairs around the city
Swim in the suvan

Sass your superiors or play a harmless prank on the knights
Collect mushrooms/herbs in the forest
Help a stranger
Get caught in the rain/snow

Gamble at the Spinning Coin
Sing or play an instrument (Whistling or humming doesn't count)
Visit The Temple of All Gods and learn about a new God or Goddess Complete!
Eat/drink a speciality of a different city/region (i.e. Kelp beer from Zeltiva, Chocolate from Kenash, exotic fruits from Falyndar)

Alternate Characters: Isda Plorall
Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Words: 43957
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on November 24th, 2014, 4:59 am

"Garland, Would you please step forward." The announcer called out from the stage.

Garland got up and quickly went over to the stage, looking at the crowd and with a smile on his face. He gave a grand bow and smiled. He looked over towards the announcer. The announcer was pleased with Garland's entrance. "A small bag of exotic chocolates from Kenash chocolates!" The announcer leaned over to Garland to whisper something to him. "We could only afford four chocolate balls, sorry about that. Don't tell the others about the small prize, it might make a few prospects think twice about joining." Garland nodded a slight, and bowed.

"Thank you! It was great fun to have joined this competition." He said to the crowd before heading back up to meet the others. "Anybody got some chocolates?" He asked their small group of friends. He wanted to ask if Bakar could even taste regular food anymore, or even digest it. He knew that Bakar didn't need to eat or drink though. He also wanted to know if Lynn could eat chocolate. Some animals are allergic to chocolate and might get sick. He wouldn't ask Bakar about that right now though, it was obvious he was trying to keep his race a secret for now. "Lynn, so are you allergic to chocolate?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on November 25th, 2014, 1:56 am

“Oh chocolates?” Sayana asked curiously. It had been a long time since she’d had a treat like that. “No, no. You keep them. You were the one who did well in the contest.” She had already put a knife to his throat earlier that evening and she wasn’t about to go stealing his chocolates too – even if he was freely offering them.

It was surely going to be Saede’s turn to go up soon and Sayana impatiently looked about the festival. That was when she noticed that Syna was already starting to descend. Perhaps there was another bell left before candles and fires would be needed, but the evening would soon come to a close.

“Actually, I really must be leaving,” Sayana said with a start. “I promised Kevith that I’d get back to the Stallion and perform for a bell or two. He wasn’t too happy about letting me go ‘frolicking’ at the festival but I’m glad I did.” She grinned and looked appreciatively at her new found friends.

“Hugs?” She offered and turned first to Suresslynn since she felt she had the most in common with the Dhani, and that Lynn would probably be least freaked out by her offered arms. She wasn’t about to force herself on anyone but she’d probably feel rather hurt if she didn’t receive a hug from anyone. “Bakar?” She asked with her out stretched hands. She had felt a connection with him despite his exceedingly shy nature and she had also been rather intrigued by him. Sayana then turned to Saede. She didn’t know the woman that well but she wasn’t going to forgo a friendly good bye and perhaps she might get to know Saede better in the future. Lastly she came to Garland, for she wasn’t entirely sure if he had forgiven her for pulling her dagger on him, or kissing him for that matter. Regardless, that was in the past, and the least she could do was make up for it.

“Bye everyone,” Sayana said with a wave of her hands. She blew a friendly kiss in the direction of her friends. “Have a good night and great job on the contest.” With that she headed in the direction of the Stallion with a smile on her face.

OOCExit Sayana
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Garland on December 13th, 2014, 9:43 am

oocImma end my turn now. It's gonna be a short one because... well... this thread is already mega long

"Eh, it's not really a secret that the knights need new recruits after... the 2nd of fall, so... I'm offering you, Saede, to join the knights. You can fight well, and you can adapt quite quickly, I hope you join us." He said to the Vanta girl. "Of course this is your choice, and you can leave the knights when you're just a squire, but if you become a full knight, there is no turning back... unless you leave Syliras for good, but that will pretty much brand you as a traitor, and I don't want that for you, for anyone actually." The squire looked up to the sun, sighing. He needed to get back to Sera Catherine.

The hug from Sayana was unexpected, but not entirely unwanted, he returned the hug with his own quick one, to show that even though he felt awkward around her, he still wanted to be friends at least. After the goodbyes were said, he went off to rejoin his patron knight at her sisters' stall.

He took out his bag of chocolates, and took one out. "I wonder what all the fuss is about..." He ate one of the chocolates, and just felt like his entire body was melting. "Oh... This is good..."
Last edited by Garland on December 14th, 2014, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on December 14th, 2014, 5:14 am

(Sorry, got buried under work. This is literally my first day off in like...two, three weeks.)

Suresslynn shook her head curiously at Garland's question. "No, not that I know of. I've never eaten much of the stuff." she said, her tone more amused than anything else. When Sayana said she had to go, Suresslynn sighed a bit, having hoped to spend more time around the Eypharian, but in the end, she returned the other woman's hug, though with significantly less arms. "I'll see you some other time, I suppose?" she said hopefully.

When Garland offered his opponent the chance to join the knights, Suresslynn briefly wondered why anyone would actually want to do such a thing and entertained the brief suspicion that this was something you had to use lots of heavy things that slowed you down to understand. After that brief thought, Suresslynn shook her head and started back towards the shop, wondering if Sahfri would let her coil up in a corner to sleep that night.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on January 11th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Sayana :
XP Award:
  • 5 Observation
  • 5 Socialization
  • 2 Rhetoric
Lore:
  • Bakar: The most shy person I've meet
  • pronounced more-chew-airy and its where dead people go
  • Suresslynn: The Viper Dhani from Ahnatep
  • Dhanis aren't good with cold
  • Garland fainted when he first meet Lynn
Notes: there were some pretty short posts in there but otherwise ya did good.

Garland :
XP Award:
  • 3 Observation
  • 4 Socialization
  • 1 Tactics
  • 2 Acrobatics
  • 1 Running
  • 2 Weapon: Shield
  • 2 Weapon: Basterd Sword
Lore:
  • Sayana: Attractive and Scary in equal measure.
  • Losing to Saede
  • Chocolate is really good
Prizes:
  • Chocolate
  • Silver Ribbon
Notes: Super short posts but you know that, otherwise good.

Suresslynn :
XP Award:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Notes: When you get your sheet up to date I'll fill this in

Saede Lare :
XP Award:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Notes: When you get back I'll fill this in

Bakar :
XP Award:
  • Socialization 2
  • Observation 2
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Subterfuge 1
  • Philosophy 1
  • Tactics 2
  • Intimidation 1
Lore:
  • Sayana: Not a push over
  • Sayana’s beautiful dagger
  • Garland, Suresslynn, Saede: Don’t start a fight with them
  • Sayana: Named inspired by the goddess Syna
  • Winning is possible even if you seem at a disadvantage
  • Suresslynn: The Viper Dhani from Ahnatep
  • Sayana: A little pushy in social situations.
  • It feels nice to have someone appreciate your job.
[/list] Notes: Yay you came back, …they always come back :P

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please message me.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)