I Wish... The Mizahar Wish List for Players

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Matthew on February 6th, 2015, 6:22 am

From my understanding of it, the design of Mizahar's world just currently doesn't allow for the sort of war you are talking about. One of the key themes is that Mizahar is still recovering from the destruction of the Valterrian and the more recent destruction of the Djed Storms. Many cities have trouble supporting their current population, much less attempting to civilize the dangerous wilds of Mizahar.

For almost all cities, mobilizing an army is the last thing they would want to do. All the cities are a good distance apart and it is incredibly dangerous to travel. Even if they could mobilize an army, a few cities can barely feed their own people, much less an army.

The idea of war is generally an interesting one when it comes to fantasy worlds, but it doesn't work well in an apocalyptic sort of setting. There is barely anything left standing to actually fight for. Those villages and cities you mentioned? There are none to be found. Only the clearly defined Wilderness Locations and City Forums exist. I believe that it is only recently that one or two cities started to very slowly and cautiously expand outwards. Survival is a priority, not conquest. Does that help clarify?

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Aren on February 6th, 2015, 6:41 am

I feared it so, I'm afraid. As I thought about it I realized that the only city with anything even resembling a standing army that is distinctly different from the general population (at least that I could think of) is Syliras. The City of Peace. Not exactly fertile ground for starting wars there, sadly.

Ah well. Thank you for the explanation.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on February 6th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Taloba and Zinrah have been at war with each other for a long time. Also, Ravok sent some 'fire bombs' for lack of a better name against Syliras (hence having to rebuild the gates). So there are smaller conflicts here and there, but like Matthew said it's hard to fight against people when you're struggling to survive against the wilderness.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Glen Fiddich on February 7th, 2015, 2:49 am

There's also the gang war that's going on in Sunberth at the moment, which has been hotting up over the course of winter. The Daggerhands and the Sun's Berth are really laying into each other, the Scars were attacked so badly that it drove them out of the city... it's not catapults and siege towers, but there's definitely an ongoing conflict going on there.
Glen Fiddich
Let me axe you a question...

Words: 50009
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2014, 9:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Zhol on February 10th, 2015, 8:52 am

More of a technical wish than anything else...

With so many people vlogging lately, would it be possible to have a profile field added for people to link to it conveniently, the way they can with their scrap/etc? With all the questions being answered and insights given about characters in a lot of vlogs, it might be a nice/convenient little shortcut to be able to add. :)
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Aventis on February 10th, 2015, 1:10 pm

If possible, I second that motion.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Akisame Caldrid on February 10th, 2015, 10:02 pm

I wish for there to be less realms. The scale of Mizahar is impressive and it has good points but half these realms remained unused or used by one or two people making larger character interactions hard. I'm new so in some ways I can't really talk yet but when I see the post rates for most of these regions some are very slow with singular correspondence or haven't had posts in a long time
Akisame Caldrid
Player

Words: 2418
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2015, 5:44 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Aedifalse on March 26th, 2015, 1:23 pm

This is probably more for Tarot and is more of a convenience thing, but I figured it would be cool for the chat-names in chat to be clickable which opens a new window to that PC's character sheet, probably using the same code that has the CS on the left bit of each PC's profile.
PSA: To those concerned about the intervention on my CS, do not be alarmed. I am innocent of all of the accusations, since Aedifex is my first and only account. I am in the midst of clearing my name, but I believe that Justice and Truth will reign in the end. Do be patient with me as I clear up the misunderstanding.

Reminder: Aedi is Fluent in Isurian but Basic in Common. This means that any conversation he makes in Common is likely to be broken, disjointed and otherwise weird. It is entirely intentional and not a typo/spelling/grammatical error. If it helps for your visualization, this video would be an excellent approximation of how he speaks Common.
Aedifalse
Account changed to "Aedifex"

Words: 71650
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2015, 12:57 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Thohorn Riverbed on March 26th, 2015, 2:20 pm

I would actually give my first born for a side block showing the ten most recent posts. It's a great way to highlight current activity and draw attention to active conversations.

I'm also pretty sure such a modification for phpBB3 already exists.
Thohorn Riverbed
Player

Words: 16671
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2012, 4:17 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on March 26th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Thohorn, if you go to the homepage the top five most recent posts (in the roleplay forum only) are listed. They are under the "Current Roleplays" section.

Do you mean something like that?
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

PreviousNext