Open New Year's Party!

Sayana hosts a New Year's Party at her home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

New Year's Party!

Postby Sayana on February 22nd, 2015, 3:37 am

Even with Jeremy’s answer, Sayana decided she might as well fill up both the tankard and the cup. Surely as more people arrived there would be the need of a good drink. Sayana headed to the table near the couches and unstoppered the small keg of ale to start filling the tankard. As she finished up, there was another knock on the door and to her great delight she saw Garland joined by a lady friend of his.

“Garland! You made it!” She cried out as she pranced over to give him a hug. However, as she wrapped her arms heartily around her friend the forgotten tankard sloshed up against his chest and a good chunk spilled upon his shirt. “Whoops… Ale Garland?” She asked with an apologetic smile as she handed him the tankard with the remaining ale.

“And is this your lady friend?” She asked before attempting to give April a less exuberant but equally friendly hug. “Love the colour,” the Eypharian added and she gestured to her own hair in reference to the bright blue locks of the svefra. Part of her wanted to start chattering right away about how their dates have been going and what has happened and if they’ve kissed and if they’ve... and, and, and. But she forced herself to attempt to be respectful of their young love.

“Anyways, welcome welcome. Sorry about the…” She patted her chest. “Ale. There’s also food at the back. Orin has done a fabulous job preparing it all.” She waved a beckoning gesture to the cook near the hearth. “Come out from back there, Orin. Meet some friends. Or at least bring out those delicious cheese and bread treats so everyone can enjoy.”

The first man in the dark cloak approached the Eypharian and she smiled at his compliment to her party. “Do I know who else is coming? Not in the least! But don’t you love surprises?” She answered brightly. She was so glad about who had come so far that she was no longer so worried about the whole thing being a lonesome disaster. “And if you’re a storyteller, you might have to treat us later tonight.” She added with a knowing smile. Then the Eypharian paused a moment with a frown. “I don’t believe you’ve told me your name… and you look oddly familiar. Were you at the Rearing Stallion a few nights ago? Like when that brawl happened?” As a full-time dancer at the Rearing Stallion, not much escaped her notice in the tavern particularly in the evenings when she was performing.

Another knock came at the door and Sayana quickly excused herself to greet the next visitor. There were already quite a few people and she was now trying to make sure that everyone felt welcomed even though she had to jump from one conversation to the next as people arrived. As she approached the doorway her eyes fell upon a charming young lady. With long brown hair and brilliant green eyes, the woman looked quite lovely and had a beautiful smile to match.

“Welcome Claudia, it’s good to meet you. I’m Sayana and yes this is the party.” The Eypharian introduced as she held out her mid right hand to shake the girl’s hand. “Feel free to make yourself at home and help yourself to food and drink. And if I run out of dishes, then maybe make a friend.” Sayana looked around and counted six people so far plus herself. She was getting quite the crowd. She only really had dishes and cutlery for six, but some things like tankards and cups were effectively doubled up to twelve in total and she also had bowls that could be used alongside plates. Though a bunch of her plates were used as serving dishes. She gave a shrug to herself. People would manage. If worst came to worst, people could share a fork or eat with their fingers.

OOCFeel free to mingle as Sayana bounces around from one person to the next.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby Aren on February 22nd, 2015, 5:29 am

Aren had put on a white, long sleeved shirt that was really in remarkable condition, likely because of how little he actually used it. His trousers found themselves similarly affected, as he walked down the long corridors of Syliras towards his intended destination.

It felt strange, to move in something other than his vest, but the Akalak figured it had seen enough punishment lately. Besides, he was going to a social gathering, not on a job; in his mind, if he had need of either his vest or his scythe, something had gone terribly wrong at Sayana's. Even so, he walked with a strange, almost intangible sense of vulnerability gnawing at him, and the blade at his waist certainly did nothing to reassure him; the Lakan wasn't the weapon he was practiced with, and in fact was really there more out of tradition than anything else.

Occasionally rubbing the still sore, somewhat creaky muscles on one side of his body, Aren steadily made progress towards Sayana's place, until he had finally arrived. Even from a distance, the chattering and carousing that emanated from within was obvious. Smiling, he continued on, reaching the open threshold after several long steps; there he stood for a moment, taking in the sight of the Eypharian expertly bobbing and weaving between her guests so that none felt unwelcome. She looked totally in her element here, so unlike that vulnerable woman who had cried on his shoulders what seemed like a lifetime ago.

The Akalak's gaze was focused on Sayana for a good while, but his eyes eventually hovered over to scrutinize her guests. A pair of dour looking fellahs, a couple, a pretty girl... did she know all these people? It didn't surprise him, but some of them looked like they were more at home reading a book by candlelight than at an actual social gathering.

"Wait, who is it that I spot off in the corner? No... it can't be." Seros' could barely believe his own eyes. It was that little snot that had nearly gotten them killed, and the urge to throttle the damn cook had still not run its course through the darker Other's system.

"Relax. He's probably helping with the party, and you will not cause a scene here." Aren warned, basically telling his brother to get over his own damn feelings. That was part of being out in the world, too, after all. Sometimes shit happened, and there was no point in holding a grudge over it especially when it hadn't really been anyone's fault. Orin was young and inexperienced, and his own fear had gotten the better of him; despite that he had held his own, and they had all lived through the ordeal, so what more could you ask?

Seros nodded his assent with an almost imperceptible grunt. He didn't like it, but he'd go along with it, if for no other reason than where they found themselves. Sayana had saved both their lives, and whilst gratitude was not a feeling he often encountered, he found he couldn't divorce himself from the emotion.

Aren entered the residence as quietly as he could, hoping his presence wouldn't disturb the Eypharian's schmoozing. He liked seeing her like this, alive and vibrant, and enjoying the mood she had created for herself and her guests. Stepping off to a corner, the Akalak further inspected them, wondering how these people had come to be here and what they meant to their host. There was an atmosphere of merrymaking and the scent of alcohol and good food filled the air, however, which soon prompted the weary warrior to close his eyes for a second and merely bask in it, as it were.

"Don't you want to go talk to her?" Seros asked, already knowing the answer. Of course he did, but now was not the time for her and him. She was hosting a party, and it was her responsibility to be the center of it, just as it was his to have a good time at it.

Aren's eyes suddenly opened as he grinned, his nose telling him which direction the ale was in.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby April Windweaver on February 22nd, 2015, 6:49 am

With Garland here, it was sure to be a party. she embraced him tightly, giving him a big kiss. A giggle escaped her when they parted, knowing that they had an audience. With their reunion over, she turned back to their host and...

One... two... three...

April kept counting the arms in her head, her face wielding a very clueless gaze. Her eyes were trained on Sayana's extra appendages like she was watching a miracle unfold. She couldn't stop staring. She had heard of Eypharians before, but seeing one up close was... it was... uh... different. Odd, but odd in a very impressive way. April was suddenly jealous. She wanted more arms now.

Her senses returned when Sayana spilled ale on Garland's shirt. She couldn't help but snicker, an evil grin stretching out to one side of her face. Already she liked this Eypharian and hoped they would swiftly become friends. This desire was solidified by a friendly hug and a warm compliment. Something she wasn't quite used to from strangers. But April was far from humble, and took them both happily (and greedily).

"Of course! I have to keep myself looking spiffy!" She explained, putting both hands on her hips. She ended with a big, toothy smile. Curiously one tooth was missing from the bottom row. "You're pretty golden yourself! I love the way you do your hair." She nodded.

Looking back, April found herself almost immediately overwhelmed. She hadn't expected so many people to arrive at once. Her heart leapt a bit at the sight of so many unique characters. So many people with faces that held deep seated secrets. Who knew what tales they could tell, what journeys they had embarked on. Where had they traveled? Who had they met? So many questions, so much potential.

Yeah, but food.

April had already disappeared into the apartment before anyone noticed, quickly scampering up to the buffet table with eyes as wide as dinner plates. She looked like she was about to drool all over the floor. Her hunger seemed to have grown quite a bit ever since she met Garland. And with good reason. She wasn't just feeding herself, now. With one hand holding some cheesy bread and the other grasping a mug of ale, April returned back to her squire like an excited puppy.

"Isf realy guhd! Try shum!" She said after taking a big bite of the bread. She offered Garland a bite as well before turning her attention towards the brown haired girl who had just arrived. She looked just about as old as she was. It was the first person to catch her glance, and April took it upon herself to say hello.

"Avast! The name's April! But you can call me..." She thought for a bit, tapping a finger against her chin. "Uh... nevermind. Urk..." She drooped her head a bit, but eventually shook herself back to reality. "Nice to meet you! Do you have a name?"
Common - Fratava - Thoughts
-
So call the mainland from the beach
All parties now washed up in bleach
The waves are rising for this time of year

And nobody knows what to do with the heat
Under sunshine pylons we'll meet
While rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky
-

Scrapbook - Character Sheet
April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Words: 55338
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2014, 5:52 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby Devi on February 22nd, 2015, 12:10 pm

Devi examined herself for the tenth time that evening. She was wearing a dress. A dress. Granted that was the general purpose of her buying the dress but it had been so long that she had almost forgotten what it felt like. The soft blue fabric hugged her curves and matching blue shoes at the feet of slender legs made her a little taller than she was used to. Instead of its usual braid Devi had also let her hair hang loose, which it did so in waves well past her shoulders.

She felt almost female again. Devi felt a smile light up her face. This winter had been tough on her – the cold season was always busy but the cold snap had driven people inside more than usual and illnesses had spread far and wide. She had been rushed off her feet, eating when she had time and with a sleeping pattern that hardly constituted being called a pattern. When she had seen Sayana’s message on the bulletin board an unusual spontaneity had overtaken her. The Eypharian tended to have that effect on people.

With a lightness in her step she weaved through the narrow corridors of the apartments. Devi knew the Maiden District better than any other in the city and made quick time to Sayana’s apartment. Hearing the bubble of voices from inside she pushed the door and found it to be open. For a moment she simply stood and stared. The last time she had been here the apartment had been bare, its owner weak and ill. Now thick swathes of colourful cloth were draped across the ceiling and walls. Rugs and cushions were scattered in between new pieces of furniture and already a number of guests were milling around.

As she scanned the faces around the room she saw Garland. His gaze locked on a pretty young woman who was attacking the food and a conversation with another woman with equal voraciousness. Devi found herself chuckling a little, remembering Garland’s description of his love and thinking that it already fit fairly well. Her eyes flicked across a blue-skinned Akalak but before they could travel any further she found herself drowned in a multi-armed hug.

She laughed, a real genuine sound, and returned the hug already feeling the pressures of the season slipping from her shoulders.

“Sayana when you said you wanted to decorate I had no idea you had so much in mind! I didn’t even know you could fit so much under one roof.”

Even Sayana herself looked more vibrant, full of life, fitting in her colourful home perfectly. So much in Syliras was functional, purchased or created out of necessity. It was wonderful to see beauty simply for beauty’s sake.
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

New Year's Party!

Postby Orin Fenix on February 22nd, 2015, 1:42 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Orin was startled and more than a bit flattered when Sayana invited him to come out and mingle with the other guests. He ducked his head as a fear people looked his way, not wanting to meet anyone’s gaze. He didn’t particularly feel up to meeting people but it was probably unforgivably rude to stand back here after the hostess had kindly told him to come into the main part of the room. So, gathering his courage, Orin prepared to dive in. Of course, she’d also requested he bring some of the food out, so maybe if it looked like he was serving, people wouldn’t bother him. It was as good a plan as any.

Before Orin could start gathering up the dishes of bread and cheese, the girl with the vibrant hair had darted to the food and picked up a piece of bread and a mug of ale. She bit into the bread with relish and didn’t even wait until she had swallowed before speaking. It was rather comical, actually, but Orin didn’t dare laugh, not wanting to offend anyone here. After all, most of these people were Sayana’s friends and intruding on that would be a betrayal of the kindness Sayana had shown him. So, Orin just muttered a barely audible thank you, and picked up the ceramic plate.

He threaded his way through the guests, keeping his head down, only seeing people’s boots and the bottom of their pants or their skirts. He dodged around a few people, quietly saying ”Excuse me, pardon me.” He felt rather like an intruder here, and he tried to make himself as unobtrusive as possible. Finally, he made it to the table between the couches and set down his burden. Risking an upward glance, he spotted the latest arrival giving Sayana a hug. She was yet another beautiful woman. Orin’s anxiety spiked even higher. The newcomer wore a nice dress, which complimented her dark green eyes and rich auburn hair. She was just slightly taller than Sayana. Orin just wanted to get back to the hearth and the safety it represented for him. He was bad enough around individuals and small groups of people. With this many, an outburst would lead to shame for the rest of his life.

Turning, Orin saw the last person who he would’ve expected to see directly in front of him. The sight of Aren filled him with an unreasonable rage. It was good he’d put his dish down, or else Orin didn’t know what would’ve happened. He’d either have dropped it in surprise or flung it at Aren in anger, and neither of those outcomes was advisable. However, Orin needed to do something, and before he quite knew what was happening, his mouth had opened of its own volition and words were pouring out in Orin’s typical style.

”You!” Orin exclaimed pointing a shaking finger at the taller, blue-skinned man. ”You, you, you, I can’t believe what you did! You choked me! And then dumped me and left me unconscious in the city where who knows what could’ve happened to me. I hope you don’t ever get a client again you, you, you bully.” The ending of his rant might have been a bit lame, but Orin could almost feel the eyes boring into him. Hanging his head to hide his blush, Orin stuttered out an apology. ”I’m so so sorry, I didn’t mean to make a scene and oh gods you saved my life and I should be thanking you profusely not accusing you like a criminal and I think I’ve just made quite the fool of myself.” Taking a deep breath, Orin steeled himself and looked up to meet Aren’s gaze. Orin stuck out his hand. ”I think we might have gotten off on the wrong foot again. But it’s the new year, well, I mean, almost the new year, so I guess it’s time for new beginning, and I don’t want to ruin Sayana’s lovely party with our arguing.” Realizing he was babbling a bit Orin forced himself to come to the point. ”So, what I’m saying, is truce?”
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby Garland on February 22nd, 2015, 3:24 pm

He gave a large smile at Sayana as she made her way towards them. "Sayana!" He returned the hug happily. He felt the cold wet feeling of the ale Sayana was carrying on his shirt. "Hey, My favorite shirt!" He gave a fake angry look, and soon followed with a laugh. "It's alright, by the end of the night, I'd probably have more than just ale stains on my shirt." He said and took the mug of ale with a smile. He took a quick sip of his drink and saw that Sayana and April are getting along quite well.

“Anyways, welcome welcome. Sorry about the… Ale.”

He smiled and took another sip of his ale. "It's alright Sayana, it's starting to look like a great party. Good food, good friends, I'm hoping that it doesn't get too crowded in here." He said and saw that April had made her way towards the buffet table. She grabbed a few sticks of the cheese bread and handed one to Garland. "Thank you, April." He took the cheese bread and took a bite out of it. The sweet taste of cheese and bread melted in his mouth, it was just amazing. Orin had outdone himself again. He even made an audible "mmmp~" As the bread and cheese mixed together in his mouth. He snapped his eyes open and saw that April had something else in her hand.

Garland took the mug from April's hand. "Promise me you'll only drink a little." He said with a serious look. He gave back the mug and finished off his own drink.

April had taken an interest with one of the other girls here, a girl around Garland's height, almost the same shade of brown, and was quite pretty. If he wasn't committed to April, he might even go so far as to try and woo her. "April, I'm gonna go talk to Orin, the guy that cooked all of the food here." He said and decided to head towards Orin.

”You, you, you, I can’t believe what you did! You choked me! And then dumped me and left me unconscious in the city where who knows what could’ve happened to me. I hope you don’t ever get a client again you, you, you bully.”

"Oh no..." Garland was about to intervene, but Orin had already stepped up and apologized, that man can sometimes be such a loud mouth, but he means well enough. "Dammit Orin..." He muttered under his breath.

”I’m so so sorry, I didn’t mean to make a scene and oh gods you saved my life and I should be thanking you profusely not accusing you like a criminal and I think I’ve just made quite the fool of myself. I think we might have gotten off on the wrong foot again. But it’s the new year, well, I mean, almost the new year, so I guess it’s time for new beginning, and I don’t want to ruin Sayana’s lovely party with our arguing. So, what I’m saying, is truce?"

If things were going to get rowdy, Garland would step in. The blue Akalak towered over him a full foot above the squire, but he had faced worse. He eyed the Akalak silently, and took sip from his mug, only to find that he was already out.

He was too busy looking at the Akalak to notice that Devi had entered the room, looking very elegant and beautiful.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby Jeremy Casing on February 22nd, 2015, 3:45 pm

It seemed that as soon as Jeremy had entered the party, a huge number of other people followed. The sensation of drowning amongst strangers took hold of the Kelvic, and he stood somewhat aghast in the far side of the room, not quite separate from the group but no more a part of it either. The tankard of ale he grasped was full, and he stared down into the murky substance with horror. Alcohol gives courage, Jeremy told himself as he raised the drink to hip lips and gulped a mouthful down.

His face screwed up instantly, as if someone had forced Jeremy to drink pure lemon juice. The ale was dry, bitter. Already the Kelvic instantly regretted his decision to try it, and so he turned his attention to the food table beside him. Picking up a handful of bread, Jeremy tried desperately to relieve his tase buds of the lingering taste of ale. Whilst he did this, he surveyed the small crowd. Clearly most people knew each other; their greetings were too informal to be strangers. His golden eyes lingered on the hostess momentarily; the only person who Jeremy knew to some degree, and yet even she was a stranger.

With a heavy sigh, the Kelvic took another two gulps of his ale before chasing the liquid down with more bread. Again he watched the group of people mingle, noticing the affection between some and the apparent tension between others. He wanted to steer clear of the larger body of the group, at least for the time being.

Jeremy's attention attached to a woman, with dark hair and astounding green eyes. Green was his favourite colour, and Jeremy guessed that this reason was as good as any to choose this woman as his potential companion. He walked up to her, his movements sharp and jolted like a bird's. When he found himself face-to-face with her, Jeremy extended his hand out and tried his best to smile warmly. "Hello, I'm Jeremy." The smile tugged at his thin lips,Imagethough those golden eyes of his seemed unmoved by the awkward grimace. They watched the woman with an unending steady gaze, as if she were his prey. Stiffly, he raise his tankard to her, "may I get you a drink?"

oocJust to avoid any confusion, it is Claudia that Jeremy has targeted:)
Jeremy Casing
The Urban Witch

Words: 151300
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

New Year's Party!

Postby Sayana on February 22nd, 2015, 9:20 pm

Sayana matched April’s broad smile and happily accepted the girl’s compliments. The blue-haired girl seemed like quite the charmer and probably suited Garland quite well. She glanced over at the squire and was quite happy about his find. Sayana had known that nothing could truly happen between herself and the squire but she was glad to have given him a little introduction and was even more glad that they had remained friends. So long as his girlfriend didn’t toy with his heart, all would be well. And she didn’t seem the type to do that. As April disappeared to find food, Sayana turned to see another friend in the doorway.

“Devi! Devi! I’m so glad you made it!” Sayana called out as she rushed over to the healer. In moments the doctor was fully embraced in a multitude of arms. At last the Eypharian released her tight hold and simply held the doctor at arm’s length, her high hands resting upon Devi’s shoulders. “You look gorgeous.” Sayana had no idea that Devi might own such a beautiful blue dress, and shoes to match. She had seemed like the practical and quiet type but nevertheless Sayana was more than happy that she had come. “And yes, I did this around mid-winter. It was quite the day’s worth, two days even. But it was sure worth it.” She took the healer’s hand for a moment and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Make yourself at home. And let me know if you need anything. If it gets too crowded feel free to take a seat in the kitchen or even my bed.” Even though Devi had dressed up beautifully for the occasion, Sayana knew she was a little more reserved than some and didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable part way through the night.

Orin’s accusing voice suddenly caught her attention and she was surprised when she realized he was pointing at Aren. When did he get here? However, her first course of action was not to go to the blue Akalak but instead situate herself at Orin’s side in case he should make the mistake of starting a fight with the Akalak. Aren choked him? Left him unconscious? The confusion showed on Sayana’s face, but soon Orin had begun to apologize.

Before Orin had finished, Sayana had made her way to Aren’s side. She wrapped a couple of arms gently around his back yet looked up into his face questioningly. “What by the gods happened? Orin is such a sweet guy. And he helped me tremendously with the food for tonight. Do make your amends and then join me on the couch so I can kiss you. It feels like forever since I’ve seen you.” She left to plop down heavily onto the middle of the couch. With so much busyness she hadn’t had much time to take a break. She soon found a half full cup of wine on the table and took a sip figuring it was hers.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

New Year's Party!

Postby Claudia Blackwood on February 23rd, 2015, 5:19 am

Claudia was gracefully greeted by the host of the party. The host, Sayana was an Eypharian!

Imagine a human with six arms. That’ll be what's an Eypharian looked like. She had heard of Eypharians before, but never actually seen one up close. She was amazed as the sight of each individual arms moved with such grace and precision, neither arms getting into the way of one other.

It was truly a sight to behold. One of Sayana's middle hands shook her outstretched hand, still pretty amazed by the sight of it. A smile crept on face as Claudia was told to enjoy the food and drinks, and making friends. Now, that she would do. An opportunity to make merry? Heh, Why not?

Claudia eyed the room, eyes landing on each and every item in the room, food and people alike. She spotted the mouth-watering meat dishes, the crispy looking fish fillets and the freshly toasted bread, covered in a layer of glorious melted cheese. At the side she spotted a keg of ale. Now that was a good spread, she thought to herself.

Claudia was about to head for one of the food items, most likely the cheese bread, when she was approached by a young girl with streaks of blue and red in her hair. She was munching on one of those cheese bread, and she made it look alot better than it looked. She really loved the hair of the girl, with its brightly coloured streaks. It seemed to go very well with her olive coloured skin.

The earlier exchange with the dark-haired guy who kissed the girl before they embraced did not go unnoticed. Claudia hoped that she would be able to find a suitable partner as well for a relationship in the future. Who knows what the future might bring?

The girl was dressed quite peculiarly in an outfit comprising of a pair of pantaloons, a belt and a plain cloth shirt, which seemed to have seen considerable wear and tear. The girl, which she soon learnt was called April, greeted her. She responded in kind, saying "It's nice to meet you too!" April then asked if she had a name, to which she let out a giggle. "Of course I have a name! I'm Claudia. And I love your hair, its so vibrant and colourful!"

She was about to say something else, when all of a sudden, she noticed a tall young man standing in front of her. Built with narrow shoulders and a slim frame, the guy was alot taller than she was. His skin was a shade akin to pale cream, providing him with a rather striking appearance. He also seemed to have a perceptual frown on his face which was adorned by a rather striking set of amber gold-brown eyes. Introducing himself as Jeremy, He asked if he could buy her a drink.

Turning over to look at April, Claudia cheerfully told her with a grin “Hey April, I'll catch you later; I've got a drink on the line!" Transferring her attention back to Jeremy, she said “Hello Jeremy, it's nice to meet you! I'm Claudia. And I'll definitely love a drink."
Last edited by Claudia Blackwood on April 3rd, 2015, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia Blackwood
Wannabe Badarse Mercenary

Words: 121640
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2015, 1:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Year's Party!

Postby Aren on February 23rd, 2015, 5:40 am

Aren was making his way to a nearby tankard of ale when he crossed paths with Orin, the man Seros had earlier spotted. Uh, oh. The cook did not seem particularly pleased to see him, and while admittedly the Akalak could see why the young man might believe he had good reason, was this really the time or place for recriminations?

A single accusatory finger pointed in Aren's direction, making him grimace at the thought of starting a scene in Sayana's home. Orin's tirade automatically forced the mercenary's hands up in an appeasing gesture which seemed to suggest the idea that the young man calm himself before things got out of hand. Fortunately, his excessive politeness after an outburst seemed to be a psychological constant of the probably oft-berated cook, for which Aren was immensely thankful right now.

Contrary to the Akalak's intentions, Sayana had come over to see what the ruckus was about. After a brief inquiry, she headed off to let the two men make their amends, prompting the blue skinned warrior to attempt and explain the misunderstanding to his Eypharian hostess before she got the wrong idea, "He went off and nearly- Ah, never mind." Aren decided that the story was too long and his side of it was probably too subjective to bother with and instead merely returned his attention to Orin.

The young cook seemed to have a bit of a short fuse, at least when it came to his dealings with the Akalak, but he seemed genuine in his desire to let bygones be bygones. Aren, for his part, had nothing against the man, but his brother was another story. Seros was not so willing to forgive him for doing exactly what he had been told not to when this could have resulted in the deaths of all three of them; that it actually hadn't didn't change the fact that the idea wasn't entirely sound in it's conception.

"We all panic, from time to time." Aren stated, with a knowing tone whose unstated meaning was all too clear to his Other.

"...Fine." Seros hesitantly acknowledged his brother's point, knowing from personal experience that sometimes people deserved a second chance.

Briefly eyeing Orin with a circumspect gaze, the Akalak smiled to show his intent, and swiftly clasped hands with the young man before him, "Be proud of yourself. In a moment of panic, the instinct of brave men is to run forward." Aren offered in earnest, as his other hand placed itself on the cook's shoulder in a show of respect. If he knew nothing else about the man, he knew that it took courage to apologize or admit error in the first place.

Turning to go after Sayana, the Akalak noticed that a few eyeballs had turned in his and Orin's direction, which was to be expected, but one man looked about ready to pounce into action at the first sign of volatility between them. Aren gave him a raised eyebrow out of the corner of his eye which seemed to ask what exactly he was expecting to happen between the two.

Approaching the couch Sayana currently found herself seated upon, the golden-eyed Akalak knelt down behind it, his arms resting atop the backrest. He kissed the back of the Eypharian's neck in a brief, tender peck, "Should I be jealous?" Aren teased with a grin, referring to the abundance of young men that currently found themselves inside of her abode.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext