[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon I

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon

Postby Phaylix Whitevine on March 17th, 2015, 3:06 am

P H A Y L I X

That is horrible. I really hope that you're doing fine mentally, although you probably can't. I wouldn't be fine if my mother was that sick.

Your mother is in my thoughts and prayers, and I pray that your family will be better as soon as possible. I can only imagine your pain, Gossamer.

-Phaylix
MADNESS Is Hereditary

COMMON | VANI | SYMENOS | Thoughts
Phaylix Whitevine
MADNESS Is Hereditary

Words: 32937
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 17th, 2015, 3:14 am

I need to say that I'm so sorry for you. I want to say that you and your mom are both in my thoughts. Honestly though, I don't know what to say.

But Goss, don't even worrying about abandoning us. If the site helps you cope, please stay with us. If it gets in the way of you and your mother, or puts even the tiniest amount of stress on you, please put yourself first.

Only you , Trav, and the other Storytellers really know what it takes to run Miz. Maybe we can't survive without you for a week, a month. I don't know. But in the end, you're more important than our fun, and our game; and you don't need me to tell you that. I'm truly sorry, this breaks my heart. To hear a love one cry in pain, is the most heart-shattering sound, that you'll ever hear.

I'm praying for you.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ssezzkero on March 17th, 2015, 3:59 am

I'm so sorry. I can't put into words how much it hurts to hear someone go through that. I can't imagine your life right now, let alone your mother's. I am so sorry you and her have to go through this. Oh man... I know that for these things you need to be strong, and so I want to lend you whatever support I can as a stranger from the internet. I'm not sure praying for your mother to get better will help, however I wish she can get out of pain soon.

Oh man, I had to cry there as well. I really hope you guys can lower if not eradicate her pain. I'm so sorry for you guys. God bless your mother and God bless you and your brother too.
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Tanna on March 17th, 2015, 6:38 am

Oh lovely..
I know you don't know me from a bar of soap but I feel for you.. so so much. Cancer is such a shitty thing to deal with and go through, especially one as aggressive as the one your mother has. I've been away for a year and a half helping my mother deal with her rare and aggressive form of cancer and only just returned home with her to help continue to monitor and deal with it. It's horrible. It's such an awful and helpless feeling knowing they are going to die. Your mother is going to die. It's a fact that can crush the hardest of souls. The one person - if your mum is anything like my own - who has done everything in her power to help you and there is so little you can do for her because there is no fixing these kinds of cancers. And, if she is anything like my mum, she likely won't enjoy depending on you and your brother. She won't want to be a burden. All the pain and all the emotional and mental anguish and strife.. oh, sweetheart. I am so so so sorry. It's awful and I am sending all my good, positive vibes your way along with the biggest internet hug and offering my e-shoulder and ear to you if you need either. Please, above all else, make sure you take care of yourself. I know I continue to struggle with this and my own health has suffered severely because of it. Take what time you need. Be there with her. Be there for your brother. Enjoy what time you all have together. If that means leaving Miz for an extended amount of time - don't even hesitate. Do what you need to do for yourself and your family.
I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.
All my love to you and yours xx
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Achenar on March 17th, 2015, 7:30 am

I know I haven't begun playing yet but this really hit me hard. My grandfather suffered from melanoma also, which is why my family tells me to get checked. I'm so so sorry, Goss. This is a terrible thing for anyone to go through. Cancer is the bane of our existence and I wish we lived in a world without it. My thoughts are with you and your mom, and I hope that however long she has left it is in peace and surrounded with love. You should take however long it needs to take to be with her and like was mentioned, take care of yourself as well. Mizahar will survive! All my love and good vibes to you and yours.
Achenar
Everybody lies

Words: 128093
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Liminal on March 17th, 2015, 11:00 am

*hugs*

Nothing I can say makes things any better, but I'm always here for you, friend, and you know how to find me. I'll be thinking of you.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aventis on March 17th, 2015, 11:06 am

Gossamer, I'd be lying straight through my teeth to you if I said that I hadn't gone through this before. But my consolations... I don't know what to say. You could probably predict what I would say. So I'll give you this.

<3

We love you here, Goss. I don't know you personally, and I don't know your family, but I know what you do here. And if you put half the amount of effort you do here into anything else... Well... You're a badass.

With love,
Dylan

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on March 17th, 2015, 11:22 am

It fucking sucks. I'm sorry and I pray for you and your family.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nemesis on March 17th, 2015, 12:04 pm

What sort of shitstick doctors do you have in the US that one day everything is dandy and the next your mum has cancer everywhere? I'm truly appalled at the state of that A&E you went to... are they all like that? There might have been nothing practical they could have done to help your mother but at the cry least they could have made things less stressful for you.

There are no words that can truly help you, but I hope that your mother receives the best care available to her, and that her pain levels are managed, so that she can remain in peace.

My thoughts are with you, your mum and your family.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Khida on March 17th, 2015, 12:53 pm

All I can really say is that is horrible -- words don't even describe -- and you have my utmost sympathy.

My dad passed away a couple of years ago. I spent the holidays prior with him, and he seemed normal except for being a bit depressed; but he'd just split with his girlfriend of three years, so that was to be expected. A week later, I got the call that he had collapsed, was in intensive care, and wasn't expected to survive the night. It wasn't cancer, it was a lifetime of absurdly high blood pressure that had finally caught up with him -- but one week he had been all but fine, and the next he was gone. This was the 50-year-old man who livened up every occasion by sheer force of personality, had no place for 'quit' in his vocabulary, and swore he'd outlive us all. It still doesn't compute.

I hope whatever can go well for you, your mom, and your family in this, does.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)