Closed [Antinous Training Grounds] More Weight!

Lorden and Arch stumble into the mysterious world of Ser Iros' bodybuilding regimes.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] More Weight!

Postby Archailist on March 12th, 2015, 5:46 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

17th of Spring, 515.

On some days, the Pycon had to question Ser Iros' sanity. Today was one of those days.

The hulking red Akalak had called the Pycon to the Grounds on the early bells of the morning, with the sky still a pale shade of orange and only a small handful of knights and their respective squires scattered loosely around the arenas. With the spring rolling in with waves of heat folding one after another through the days, the squirrel was very surprised to see that the knight still wore his full compliment of plate-mail. Burdened as he was, there was still room for the massive sheet of metal that he called a tower shield pressed into the leather straps wrapped over his back. As if to add final insult to injury, a thick leather bag swung over his shoulder, held up by one hand. The amount of weight that Iros decided to carry around with him on a daily basis was absolutely absurd, but then again, it was the knights choice alone to do it. Nobody had any right to question it.

"Today is a very special day, Squire Archailist." His voice sounded oddly cheerful.. a fact that only made the little clay squirrel even more nervous. There was only one obvious thing that the Akalak loved doing at almost all times physically possible.. arguably one of the many things that restrained the Pycon and the Akalak from having a somewhat-decent relationship. His worst nightmare was confirmed the moment he let go of the bag - causing the ends to fall open and numerous coils of metal chain attached to iron weights to topple out. He could see even more accessories inside too. Coils of rope tied to more weights, bars of metal.. all things he'd end up very well-acquainted with by the end of the day.

"Now.. I couldn't find any Pycon-sized weights, but we'll be improvising as much as possible." He really had come prepared. From inside the folds of the leather sack he produced a single rock.. likely about three inches tall and three inches wide.. before dropping it down right before Arch. It came up to about his waist. Obviously, it was considerably larger than any of the metal weights that the Akalak held in regards to relative size. The thing was absolutely massive.. indeed, trying to give it a decent push and shove it an inch or two forwards proved completely fruitless. His hopes diminished even further.

"You get to work on that, while I set up all of this stuff over here." Before turning away, he drew a little line in the sand of the arena with the tip of one finger. There had to be at least ten inches or so between the end of the stone and the line. "When I come back, I want to see it at least over this line. After that little warm-up, we'll start with some of the more heavy stuff." He'd never seen Ser Iros so pleased with himself before.. even under the shining metal visor, it was obvious that the man was smiling like a child. His happiness wasn't worth an entire day of body-training though. Petch, even one bell was poor value for money.

Still, he was a squire. He was expected to learn these things, even if he thought they were useless and trivial. Even if they were useless. It didn't excuse him from his duties. Both palms pressed hard against the smooth surface of the stone and he braced his feet against the sand between his toes, pushing forwards with all the might he could muster in his little clay body.. though all he got from it was a pair of arms squished flat against his torso. .. Oh dear. A long day indeed.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 18th, 2015, 3:00 am

17th of Spring, 515 AV

Lorden strained under the weight of his armor, as his elbows folded to sit beside his shoulders, and then locked back up ticks after, over and over.

One, two, three, his muscles screamed, under the repetitious exercises, as he stared down at the floor of the roof. After only a few push-ups, the knight's un-helmeted visage, was shining with a wet sheen, that almost rivaled the sunlight-induced shine, of his borrowed plate armor.

I won't ever complain about normal push-ups again, the blue-eyed man thought, as his mind drifted back, to the impromptu bodybuilding, that he had done, before he'd purchased his bodybuilding equipment, at the Bazaar.

"Now.. I couldn't find any Pycon-sized weights, but we'll be improvising as much as possible," just as Lorden's mind drifted to his own equipment, as if on cue, a voice interjected, and metal collided audibly with the sand-covered 'floor', that was the roof.

Four - Lorden looked up, as he counted out another push-up - Five, he declared mentally, as he continued to work his biceps and chest, under the heavy weight of his plate mail.

A squirrel and a blood-colored giant? the knight asked of himself, as he locked his elbows once more, and this time refrained from lowering them.

Big en' looks like that one man, at the party. Bah, what's his name? Lorden's mind drifted, at the sight of the heavily muscled and armored man, that looked down to the ground, as he spoke.

With a flash of curiosity, framing in his eyes and on his face, the twenty-year old, lowered his blue orbs down the length of Akalak's crimson skin, and followed his gaze.

Must be his Squire..., the man thought, as he starred on, and watched Archailist's arms flatten curiously against the stone, that he was heaving against to no avail.

But bloody hell! What he is he? Lorden mused curiously, before he pushed up with his arms, and raised himself to his knees shakily. The knight's legs unbent routinely, but with a bit of strain, as he hefted his armored form up, off of the ground.

Now standing, Lorden glanced over to where the tiny, odd grey creature, stood pushing the small rock. However, his searching eyes found only the form of the Pycon; his Patron having already walked away. Lorden moved his lips a bit nervously, as he took a booted step.

Formulating his plan of petition, the knight tried to hold a casual-looking stroll, as he stepped over multiple feet, to the presumed Squire.

Falling to one knee, Lorden smiled, as he came to a stop, beside the Pycon.

"So bodybuilding, ye'?" the knight said, gesturing to the rock and bag of weights, that was before the small figurine-esque creature.

"Ye' figure yer' patron knows a lot about it, Squire?" the raven-haired twenty-year old inquired, as nonchalantly as possible.

"Ye' figure he'd be open to showing a fellow knight a thing or two? Or are you two busy training yer'self'?" he asked, with a genuinely interested smile.
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on March 25th, 2015, 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on March 22nd, 2015, 12:44 am

There was no chance he was ever going to push the weight along the ground; not even budge it an inch. He still tried though.. tried until another knight, that he'd never seen before, nearly scared him out of his own clay by creeping up from the side and crouching right next to his otherwise-occupied form. Perhaps it was the fact that Ser Iros always caused a racket in whatever he did thanks to the huge, heavy armor he refused to ever take off that Arch had become accustomed to the noise; anything quieter just breezed over his head and beyond the reach of his concentration.

"Bodybuildin'? Hardly." He stepped away from the mountain of metal with a huff of warm air; the clay of his arms, legs, back, all of it ached and yet they hadn't even started. No matter how many times he tried to explain Pycon anatomy to Ser Iros, the Akalak was never interested in hearing what he only thought of as 'excuses'. He was simply unable to gain any body mass. All the effort was lost before it even begun, yet there was still insistence on it, constantly. "Not for me, anyway. Ser Iros knows plenty about it though." In fact, just the mention of the Akalak's name soon had Iros' attention.

"Hmm?" It was always amusing to Arch to see how the Akalak compared to other knights. There had to be at least a foot of height difference between the two knights - not to mention all of the other dimensions leaning heavily in Iros' favor. Even his armour seemed to add on even more bulk to his imposing body, making it seem larger-than-life. "Don't believe we've had the pleasure." The knight extended an armoured hand considerably larger than Lorden's, able to give a firm, near-crushing handshake. "Ser Iros, at your service. This would be Squire Archailist." With one free hand, he gestured down to the diminutive Pycon with a soft smile. "Of course.. you'd be welcome to join us. Though, if you really want it, you're going to have to work for it. The same for both of you." Why was the Akalak's smile so concerning when he spoke like that?

"Anyway.. to start, I think I have an idea on what to do." He soon picked up the twenty-pound weight Arch'd been struggling against with little effort at all and held out the tough rope handle for Lorden to take. "Take it. Hold it a few inches off the ground and see if you can lift it a few inches at a time. Don't try and lift it all the way.. just focus on small movements, they'll offer the best strain on your muscles for starters." After that, he turned to Archailist and pointed to the same weight. "You, get underneath it and help him with it. Both of you need to try and hold the weight together.. it'll get you both into the hang of pushing your body against heavy resistance."
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 25th, 2015, 3:35 am

17th of Spring, 515 AV

"Hmm?" Lorden lifted his head quickly from Archalist, as the hulking red figure of the Pycon's steel-clad patron, drifted loudly back over to the Knight and Squire.

As the man approached, Lorden shot a nod towards Archalist, as he raised his armor-covered form, a bit shakily from the ground. Lorden's fellow knight, was his most pressing concern, yet, the man wanted the odd Squire to know that he wasn't simply being blown off.

"Don't believe we've had the pleasure," as the man spoke, he lifted his arm.

With a respectful smile, Lorden lifted his own gauntleted dominant hand, and shot it forward to be all but engulfed by that of Ser Iros.

Lorden's gauntlet and grasp collided loudly and regretfully, with that of the crimson-colored Akalak, in but a tick. The twenty-year old knight, could all but feel the bones in his fingers compressing, as the phalanges were crushed together by an overbearing, but somehow dignified strength.

Iros's surprising strength aside, Lorden forced his smile not to falter, and squeezed his own hand as hard as he could around his fellow knight's. Seemingly unconcerned, Iros gestured to his Squire.

"Ser Iros, at your service. This would be Squire Archailist," the red-skinned giant introduced.

"Lorden Ladis. A pleasure," the knight confirmed to the massive mountain of steel before him, with an upward shake of his head, and a reserved grin.

Of course.. you'd be welcome to join us. Though, if you really want it, you're going to have to work for it. The same for both of you,"

Taking a breath, Lorden shuffled back beside Iros' Squire loudly, in his steel plate, as his arm was released by the man.

Lorden noted with a bit of amusement and a slightly apprehension, that he only managed to stand beside Archailist for a tick, before the sculpted Akalak that stood before him, was attempting to put the two 'men' to work.

"You, get underneath it and help him with it. Both of you need to try and hold the weight together.. it'll get you both into the hang of pushing your body against heavy resistance," Lorden listened, as the heavy-set warrior, handed him a heavy rope, that had a weight dangling freely underneath its length.

"Alright,"

Verbal confirmation aside, Lorden all but swayed forward, as Iros released the weight into his care. With a mental gasp, the knight shot up his left hand to grab the top of the rope, that he now held.

As the man's dominant and non-dominant hands coiled around the weighted rope, the armored swordsman, could feel the muscles of his inner arms and chest flexing involuntarily. Nevertheless, with a stalled breath, and a determination to prove himself to his new companions, Lorden drug the weight that he grasped, slowly through the air, till the weighted ball hovered somewhat shakily at his feet.

"Okay," -Lorden glanced down to the Pycon, that stood to his right- "Are ye' ready, mate?"
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on April 6th, 2015, 1:21 am

Instant relief washed over the Pycon. Finally, he wouldn't have to worry so much about struggling to meet the impossible quotas; or at least he could share the burden of the Akalak's disappointment with someone else now, if they were going to work together. There was no chance in shrugging off the entirety of the blame.. Iros wasn't as dumb as that, Eyris even less so. Still, his spirits were up as he leaned down and struggled to slip his slender fingers underneath the thick chunk of metal. Up above, he could hear the knight preparing at the same time to join forces, taking the opposite end. "Aye-aye, captain.." He was ready.

Off to the side, he could already hear grumbles from Iros over something related to back-talking and respecting your senior knights. "Come on, it's not going to move itself. I want at least five inches up before you drop it again. Think you can manage, or do you want me to go and fetch a few sacks of feathers?" His voice was as crushing as his hands; unfortunately the Akalak had gone through incredible lengths to sculpt himself and therefore could only believe that others could go through the same lengths to achieve what they desired too.

If it was up to the Pycon, he'd be training his body in speed, not strength. Still, he'd had the same argument more times than he could count. More strength in your legs, more speed in your body, the Akalak would always say. Still without something to retort, he had to settle and dig deep inside himself until he found a way out of strength training. Until then.. "One, two, three, GO!" The clay figurine didn't have muscles to bulge but the clay all over his body was straining with the effort required.. to absolutely no effect on his part at least. It was like trying to lift a whole apartment.. filled with stone.

Still, for the hundredth time, he bit down and swallowed his frustration to keep straining with all the might his little clay body could muster in the hopes of budging it just an inch. Just a fraction of an inch, in fact. The meticulous, scrutinizing eyes of the hulk of Akalak loomed overhead after all. "Straighten your back. Lift your head, tuck your chin in. Legs spread apart, shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forwards, legs slightly bent. Archailist, lower your tail slightly. More." The flow of commands seemed ceaseless and never did any good any way.

Just like the regular routine though, he complied; adjusting himself with the orders, feeling himself being nudged occasionally when whatever slight movement he'd been ordered into apparently wasn't slight enough. Not even Lorden could escape such intimate yet commanding hands as hard as steel and covered in the stuff as they forcefully rearranged any body parts that weren't to his satisfaction. "Lift. Use your legs, not your arms, the strain should be spread across your back and not just in your arms." A firm pat clapped right up against the small gap between Lorden's shoulder-blades. "You feeling tension here?"

Well, one couldn't doubt that Ser Iros was an informative teacher. Hands-on. Even if he was a bit cruel at the best of times in the apparent struggle to 'motivate' his students. "This is a starting weight! If you can't find the effort to lift it just a few inches off the ground then I don't know what the point is wasting my time unpacking everything else."
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on May 29th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Archailist

Skills:
Skill EXP
--

Lores:
  • Bodybuilding: Lift weights slowly to better strengthen each muscle
  • Lorden Ladis: Knight of the Order
  • Proper lifting stance

Shield Points:
Shield Points Earned Reason
+1 Patron
+2 Training

Total: +3 Shield Points

Comments :
I awarded what I could. Too bad the thread got abandoned. Since you're maxed out in observation and socialization (and since pycons can't gain bodybuilding) there weren't any skills to award. Thanks for clarifying that pycons can't bodybuild.

Lorden

Comments :
If you return, PM me and I’ll happily award you grades.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread. However, make sure to keep the link so that the DS can review graded threads with ease.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)