[Caelum's Scrapbook] Use Your Words.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ball on August 11th, 2015, 5:15 pm

Well, let me rephrase myself... The words 'Don't mean to offend ' or whatever usually come afterwards with me, cause I do have a habit of opening my mouth and speaking words before I think of my consequences and a lot of the time I don't try to offend people. I am not normally a people person, I do talk with people... But It isn't my preferred method of... Communication. Heh, I rather use the computer. Unless I know the person for ages or we connect in some fashion that makes talking to them in person easier.

The worst thing i find to talk with people through is the phone, something about the voice being disconnected is unnerving to me (Well, I guess that comes from being at least half deaf -- my right ear has no bones in it so the ear drum doesn't vibrate like it should -- so I rely a lot of my communications via talking with body language and facial expressions....)
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Caelum on August 11th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Ball, my father is deaf and he and I have a difficult time talking on the phone. He's functionally deaf with his hearing aids and can sort of carry a conversation on the phone, but it's exceptionally hard. There's a lot of misunderstandings while I assume he is attempting to essentially "translate" what I have said. So, usually, we text and email when not in person because it's easier on him.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ball on August 11th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Yeah, I have to get around sometime to finding a hearing aid... My wife and I do a lot of talking in person, but I rather do the writing stuff, cause words are clear to understand when visual at least for me. I have a hell of a time understanding my two year old -.-

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Caelum on August 18th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Hi, guys. I’m still alive. *waves*

I am also still here but I’m continuing to be awfully quiet. I am in the middle of that super complicated and stressful medical thing and not really myself. I don’t want to be awful or idiotic to people here and so have been avoiding a lot of contact. Trust me, I’m not at my best and I’m doing all of you a favor.

Tomorrow is another big deal day in this and I will find out if I get to proceed or stop altogether. I am hoping to proceed. I’m kind of using up my last shreds of hope here. I could use any you might have to spare.

Anyway, I’m still reachable by PM and sometimes by AIM. Email too for anyone who has that already.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on August 18th, 2015, 8:05 pm

All the hope in the world to you! Things will get better, just remember we're here for you :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Caelum on September 3rd, 2015, 12:37 pm

In case you are interested in what I have been up to medically speaking that has caused me to be away so much, here is an article I wrote for one of the other corners of the internet I write for. This is a new corner, but its where this article belonged. Otherwise, feel free to imagine whatever you like. It’s undoubtedly more interesting. ;)

With any luck, I will continue to wade back into things here on Mizahar over the next few weeks. I miss all of your faces and of course my stupid shiny eth. I’ll see you around!
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on September 10th, 2015, 1:20 pm

I'm sorry, I truly am. I don't really know what else to say. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm not a religious person, so I won't say I'm praying for you...but I'm hoping. Fingers crossed. Things will get better, I know it.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hirem on September 10th, 2015, 5:14 pm

I haven't read anything that powerful in a really long time. I hope everything turns out the way you deserve, Katie. Here's to you.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Caelum on October 19th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Hi, guys!

There is a lot going on in my life and I am having difficulty getting motivated to become active again despite having a little time for it now. Part of it is that I’ve lost all of my primary writing partners. Well, I’ve lost them for like the fourth time, but such is the roleplay life and this is not entirely unexpected. Honestly I am not in a place where the effort to restructure and plot out what I'm doing again is worth it to me. There are numerous other writing projects that fulfill my creative desires and are deserving of my attention.

I feel driven to mention that my leaving has nothing to do with any of the OOC drama I've heard tale of. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with me. If my name has come up in it, as I am told it has a time or two, please be aware that this information is false and any opinions behind it are misguided and uninformed.

Bottom line is I will not be coming back any time soon. I don’t think anyone was eagerly waiting on my return at this juncture, but I wanted to post this as a heads up just in case. :) My hiatus is officially indefinite.

Take care of you and keep having fun.

-k.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on October 19th, 2015, 1:58 pm

-hugs Katie-

Glad to hear from you though! Life is tough, this we all understand. You have yer own stuff to deal with and life has given you a bunch of awesomeness. So enjoy it! We will be here when you return =D

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes