Closed Wedding: Joining of Hearts and Souls (Various)

The ceremony in which Sayana and Aren get married.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wedding: Joining of Hearts and Souls (Various)

Postby Devi on October 4th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Okay. Here we go. Don’t trip, don’t trip don’t trip…

The chant in Devi’s help, or perhaps the intense concentration that accompanied it, carried her from her seat to the centre of the area in which the wedding was taking place. She quirked her lips at Sayana in a nervous half-smile and then turned to the pair’s guests, taking a deep, calming breath as she did so. If she could perform advanced surgery on people, she reasoned, a speech should be easy.

She eyed the paper in her hands, reading the delicate loops of her handwriting which prompted her with notes so she didn’t get lost along the way.

“When I first met Sayana, well – she looked terrible.”

A small titter rippled through her audience at that point and so, encouraged, she continued.

“That is the bane of being a doctor in this city though, you tend to meet people when they’re at their worst. You meet people when they’re in pain or suffering, when the harsh realities of surviving in this city just make you want to give up.

Sayana was never like that, even when I saw her at her worst. She was vibrant and full of life even between coughs and splutters and it intrigued me enough, brightened my day enough that I found myself wanting to spend more time with her.

That was when I met Aren. True to Akalak form when I met him he was about to start a fight with someone, causing all the knights and squires in the room to reach for their weapons. I can tell you now that these two have some interesting parties.

Sayana and Aren are fighters, survivors and each of them someone who chooses to live their life to the absolute fullest. They each have their burdens to bear, like we all do in Syliras, but they have each made the choice not to let those burdens rule them. Individually they are each a force to be reckoned with. Together? They will be unbreakable.

I have rarely seen a pairing so absolutely destined to succeed in love. Although I don’t think they need any amount of luck to hold them together, I’m going to offer it anyway.”

She turned to the happy couple with a bright smile on her face, gesturing as she continued.

“I wish you both every happiness for the future. I hope to be a guest at your interesting parties for many years to come.”

And breathe…

Devi returned to her seat, heart fluttering wildly. The smile remained on her face and she found she was pleased with herself for completing her short speech.
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on October 25th, 2015, 8:29 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Once Devi sat down Ball froze, he had something to say about Aren and Sayana… Mostly Sayana, but he just couldn't recall them. He opened his mouth as if to speak his concern but nothing came out. It was as if the suddenness of the situation at hand and the squire couldn't get the courage to make words come out. Petching Hai Ball! You fought Yukmen, sea monsters, puked clay up where puking just shouldn't have been possible, fought birds that puked acid at you… Yet you can't stand up and talk about two people. Damn it Ball. The squire ran a hand over his face, concerned that he was going to petrify in place if he attempted to stand up there and speak about the two lovers.

Shaking himself out of his stupor and fear the Pycon realized that everyone was looking right at him. He nervously dropped from the chair he was seated in and walked towards the couple. He bowed to them first before he turned to the crowd of onlookers. He couldn't see the ones in front easily enough without craning his head upward to meet their gaze. He exhaled sharply cringing at the prospect that he was unable to bring words out of his mouth.

C'mon Ball. He trembled, unsure of how to make himself spit out words.

”I… I…” The short pycon sputtered, speaking words was not as easy as punching things, Why can't speaking be easier? I have no issues telling my own opinions on things but I can't speak kind words on behalf of an adoring couple… C'mon Ball, this for them. So man up already. The squire exhaled again.

”I meet Sayana a season passed outside of the theatre, she was dancing. I couldn't stop myself from watching and instead came up and asked a question I still do not believe I did to this day. I asked her to show me how to dance, teach me to be more precise. This big blue pycon of hers is really getting a winner that he best hold onto for the rest of his life. Else I am going to come find him and break both his ankles and his kneecaps.” The crowd muttered and cringed at the idea, Ball paused. “Not that I should have to worry about that coming about, as I know that they are both going to be happy together for a long long time.” He added hastily before hurrying back to his seat and climbing back up it and sitting back down.

OOCSorry this took so long to get out to you Say, Thank ya for being patient. And it is rather short to boot -.-

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on October 31st, 2015, 3:22 pm

The words from her friends were words of beauty. Even if they were simple observations or promises made, they were spoken from the heart and Sayana fought to keep her face clear of the tears of happiness that threatened to form. “Thank you everyone. I can’t even begin to explain the gratitude I feel.”

With a gentle squeeze of her hand from Aren, she was reminded that there was still the wedding in progress. She’d have to thank each of her friends individually after the ceremony. Sayana turned to the priestess who produced a thin long white ribbon. The Eypharian gripped the groom’s hand and the ribbon was wound several times around their joined hands.

“Whether Cheva is among us or whether she is looking down upon us during this sacred ceremony, she will bind us together with our vows of love, devotion, and beautiful union.” Sayana spoke as she held up the hands bound in ribbon. “Like this ribbon, we shall be bound. Bound in happiness and love.”

She took a moment to look out to her audience of friends. She wanted to remember this moment and she wanted to treasure it. Not only did she look to the audience but also to her guest speakers and lastly to Aren. Yes, it felt right in her heart. And with her vows rehearsed, she spoke them slowly yet confidently as she gazed into her lover’s eyes.

“Aren, I will love and cherish you till the end of my days. I will protect you and your heart, and tend to you when you are weak. And I will honor you above all others. I will nurture and protect all the children we have and bind my soul to yours.”

She squeezed his hand gently as she finished and gave him a soft smile and a nod so that he might proceed. Her heart fluttered a moment as he breathed in to speak and the words that came out touched her more than anything else had that day.

“My heart and soul are yours. My life and love are yours. I'll hold onto your hand, until the day we part. I'll hold on to your smile, until the day I die.”

Unable to contain herself any longer she rushed in for a kiss. He had much the same in mind and quite literally swept her off her feet so that he might hold her in a deep passionate kiss. As their eyes closed, a stylized flame appeared upon the left side of each of their necks. Cheva, wherever she might be, had blessed them in their marriage.

Note to Grader :
Aren and I had previously agreed that we could softly roleplay the other person’s character. Since Aren has been inactive for an extended period of time, I included his PC’s actions in this last post. His vows were actually vows he wrote up OOCly and PM’d them to me a couple of months ago when we were planning out details for the wedding.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Dove Brown on February 13th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Sayana
Skills
  • Cosmetology 1
  • Leadership 1
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Prayer 1
  • Flirting 1
Lores
  • Event: my wedding ceremony
  • Nivel: pycon flower girl
  • Hairstyle: braided sides, long at the back
  • Making wedding vows
  • Aren's wedding vows
  • Blessed by Cheva
  • First kiss as a married couple

Nivel
Skills
  • Cosmetology 1
  • Dance 1
  • Acrobatics 1
Lores
  • 'Hair'style: braids wrapped around ears
  • Flowergirl for Sayana
  • A flower dress
  • Event: Sayana and Aren's wedding

Ball
Skills
  • Observation 1
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Intimidation 1
Lores
  • Best man for Aren
  • Nerves make it hard to speak
  • Rhetoric: making a wedding speech

Garland
Skills
  • Cosmetology 1
  • Politics 1
  • Rhetoric 1
Lores
  • Cosmetology: styling hair
  • Politics: tactfully avoiding potential problems

Devi
Skills
  • Observation 1
  • Rhetoric 1
Lores
  • Sayana can beat any odds
  • Sayana: beyond happy
  • Maid of Honor to Sayana

SEssy
Withheld due to inactivity
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Aren
Withheld due to inactivity
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Comments: Enjoy your grades, all of you.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous