WD Braindump 2015

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 16th, 2015, 1:03 am

I'm pretty sure Crimson Edge can be tossed. It was a player run gang in Sunberth that got too big for its britches and scattered. I can't think of any of its members that are still around.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Kyo on December 17th, 2015, 11:24 am

So you're saying that any of the monsters in the wiki that are stubs or have too-short articles we could try to develop? Because I'd be into that sort of thing; I was just writing up the other day about these teeny arachnid-things that use living creatures as hosts (sort of like hives) and use webbing inside the body to control their hosts' movements.

After I finish that, then, I might look into some of the other monsters next. Unless we just want entirely original ones, then I could try coming up with something else though I can't promise how creative I am. ^_^'

P.S. I'm really bad at sort of organizing like where information should go so that it flows well. I tend to just put everything out there and hope it all makes sense. So if anyone was interested in like helping format stuff, would that go here or in some other thread?

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Azmere on December 17th, 2015, 11:48 am

Kyo, I would gladly help you format your creative genius. XD. Pm me with anything, anytime. The arachnid thing sounds creepy... like... really creepy.
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Eosi on December 17th, 2015, 10:51 pm

So I honestly can't stop thinking about the Bells of Tanroa, but they're completely undeveloped.

Does anyone know if there was a concept for them at all? Do any of the Founders have any designs on what they ought to be at all or is the faction totally fair game?
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Nivel on December 18th, 2015, 2:23 am

Kyo wrote:

So you're saying that any of the monsters in the wiki that are stubs or have too-short articles we could try to develop? Because I'd be into that sort of thing; I was just writing up the other day about these teeny arachnid-things that use living creatures as hosts (sort of like hives) and use webbing inside the body to control their hosts' movements.

After I finish that, then, I might look into some of the other monsters next. Unless we just want entirely original ones, then I could try coming up with something else though I can't promise how creative I am. ^_^'

P.S. I'm really bad at sort of organizing like where information should go so that it flows well. I tend to just put everything out there and hope it all makes sense. So if anyone was interested in like helping format stuff, would that go here or in some other thread?

Oh I had an idea for parasite wasp monsters I while ago (that I just never worked on...) but the internal puppeteer spiders sound cooler. I hope that works out for you.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Gossamer on December 18th, 2015, 3:42 am

No idea on the bells.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Eosi on December 18th, 2015, 6:08 am

I'm going for it, then. :ninja:
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Kyo on January 6th, 2016, 11:42 am

Hey, I forgot to do this yesterday, but I posted a new monster in case anyone's interested.

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Azmere on January 6th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Kyo wrote:

Hey, I forgot to do this yesterday, but I posted a new monster in case anyone's interested.

It's a fantastic monster! You should all take a look. Aaaaaaand while you're looking at things... look at this. It's a magical artifact that needs more scrutiny. XD
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1)

WD Braindump 2015

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 7th, 2016, 9:53 pm

I agree with Amunet. If someone were to gain reputation throughout Mizahar I figured that it would be simple Oocly to write about it. In terms, wouldn't the differentiated reputation systems be a bit confusing. If the skills aren't enough for some sort of recognition then would these reputations be based on a progression system kind of similar to what Azmere had done, or would it be set up with a progression system of Novice-Master like the skills. For example: A wood carver could have a high amount of ability to craft advanced things. But, his reputation and recognition for his skill is only recognized, say Riverfall. He wants to expand his recognition, would he do that by letters? Or simple travel, because we all know that traveling in Mizahar takes at least a season (depending on where your going) to travel. Word of recognition travels slowly, unless it spreads through region-region.

In other words, I'm a bit confused to how we would be able to introduce the characters reputation Icly. I love the idea. It's just we should try to make it more simpler. I guess. I don't really know how to put what I'm thinking into words, everything kind of feels mixed up, since I'm still a bit sick and all. Sorry if this feels a bit discouraging, not trying to be... I'm not really much of a talker when it comes to things like these and its a bit of a challenge for me to implement what I think into words. XD

But, anyways. I enjoy the reputation system.

And I don't think that we could officially develop a Domain. That is usually something for the DS/Founders if I'm not mistaken... But, I think we would also probably need a big fat YES, for a holiday approval to be created/made. If you guys understand what I'm trying to say/write. Sorry again, but I want to help with the Reputation System if we get it going, I think it would be something fun to work with, perhaps we could try it temporarily and see how things goes, once it gets approved! :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes