[Antinous Training Grounds] A Horrible Mistake. Pt. II

Continuation of a previous thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on January 24th, 2016, 12:07 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Archailist had returned with the sword and both knight and squirrel gave Ball and the Crimson Oaf a stern talking to, it appeared to have sent the knight sitting down and Ball decided to leave that one be for the time being. Besides, before him was a squire with a big wooden sword just begging to be slapped around.

The tactic seemed to be about the safe, Ball watched as Alex kicked dirt up with his rear foot and Ball allowed it come down upon him, it helped him as much as hurt both of them. But it was a masking that Ball took to his own advantage. Most people would get out of the blade's way, Ball instead rolled himself to be placed WITH the blade, rolling underneath it Ball popped up and planted himself on the opposite side of the blade. Reaching a hand around and coughing up a hard clump of clay from his stash of food stored within a bubble of his body Ball tossed it against the part of the blade that was closest to the ground and watched it skitter away. Lost to him for now. With the weight of the sword bearing down heavily on Alex's arm Ball was sure he wasn't going to be noticed weight wise on the far end of the blade, this he hoped would be used to his advantage as the blade slipped past the cloud of dust and back into Alex's line of sight.

With the blade having been made of wood, it has had it's fair bit of denting damage as it came into contact with shield and armour plates. It was these dents that Ball used as foot and hand holes, pressing his clay body into them to anchor himself, flattening his body so it ran as close to the blade was possible. This was a bit of subterfuge on his behalf, but Ball hoped he would get his lesson across to Alex – subterfuge works when you actually work with it. The idea Ball had involved Alex lifting the blade back to his body, hoping to be close enough to strike at a upper part of the squire's body, or drop down on his shoulders or something if that proved doable.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 24th, 2016, 6:30 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The strike Alex had thrown through the sand and watched a clump of clay fly away across the edge of the sandy arena. He couldn’t quite control the top spin on the sword and with the sheer force of the blow his grip wasn’t as secure as he’d of liked and as he spun around the sword slipped from his grasp. Cursing himself inwardly he scrabbled down to pick up the blade. Perhaps he should have left the flashy stuff to the professionals. He hoisted the blade up from the space above the handle where on a large blade. His right hand on the actual handle he held it at arm’s length now again, wondering if ball had closed the gap in the small window where he’d had the blade slip form his hands. He gave it a few quick swings at the open air adjusting to his blades new weight. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to use a bigger and heavier blade…Still I’ve made my bed time to sleep in it.

Alex held the blade close to his chest now looking around not sure where exactly ball had gone. Or rather what he was doing. He couldn’t see where the smaller pycon had dashed off too. Nor where the small ball of clay had found himself. He’s hiding somewhere…And I’ve not a single clue…

---

Across the way Grey heart had sighed and almost could feel an air of embarrassment for Alex welling up. Still listening to Arch was something that made him smirk. He let the small squirrel pycon. “You’re an observant guy, I take it you noticed the small blade he threw?” He sighed a little watching. “And arch, Iros isn’t a bad knight…He’s just a little head strong. Sadly I hate having to say this but that rage is going to get him killed one day. It’s too easy to take advantage of. But you…Anyone else wouldn’t know you were trained by him. Patient and aware. You’ll make a good knight.” He said with a calm smirk watching what had happened.

“Eyes open. Looks like we’ll be needed sooner rather than later. Ball’s attached himself to the sword. And Alex being the naïve foo he is just brought the sword right up to his chest.” Sebastian looked over at Iros and gave him sharp glance. “Iros. I’m sure you caught that too. Get ready looks like we’ll be needed soon.” That was the first time he raised his voice to a point where iros or Alex could hear him, the only one close enough too prior was arch.

--

Alex was now frantically searching for ball. Where the heck could that guy have gone? Given the side of the weapon he felt like he hadn’t made contact, but then again maybe he had. And now a sweeping feeling of worry came over him. What if he’d hurt ball? What if he’d cause a serious injury? Parsing the events one by one he didn’t notice the small clay figure.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on January 30th, 2016, 1:13 am

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

It seemed when he could finally settle back into concentrating on the battlefield, it was practically over. Perhaps handing over that sword was a mistake. Armed with an even slower weapon, he could create more range with the length of the blade, but it was so slow, it seemed all too easy for Ball to avoid. There goes the speed advantage. He couldn't really see much of what was happening from a distance on the side-lines and through all the dirt, but he could take word from Ser Greyheart that whatever was happening, wasn't good. "Yeah, I saw.. barely. It didn't work though, Ball knew about it anyway. His attempts at controlling the battlefield are becoming too transparent. Without it, Ball's got free reign." Seemed like he was taking use of it a little too leniently by dancing about the field and running head-first into the smokescreens, but there was nothing he could say or do to prevent it, so better to stand vigilant and wait for Ball's re-emergence.

He slid the Py-Pole from the groove in his back where he'd held it. No need for any weapon harnesses when his entire body was practically one already. Then he quickly looked back over one shoulder to make sure the other knight was just out of earshot. "I know he's not that bad, at heart.. he just really gets on my nerves how he flies off the handle and becomes impossible to deal with. It feels like he becomes even more angry when he's with me; I hardly ever hear anything when he's away on other patrols or business." It wasn't as if he didn't talk with the other knights and squires, he had a bit of general information about what was going on. Most of what he heard was praise for his patron's good behaviour. Why was that never the case when paired with Arch? Perhaps he'd never truly know, but until then, he had a pretty good idea and plenty of evidence to support it.

That put aside, though, he guessed he was pretty unlike Iros, although there was some good reasoning for that as well. "Thanks anyway, though. Spending a lot of time with Iros as my patron made me realize.. just how much I didn't want to be like him. If that makes sense." Though to many Iros might be an exemplar knight, all Arch saw was anger and distrust and bias and.. everything he didn't want to be himself when he became a knight. Perhaps it was too harsh to consider Iros just like the enemy he'd faced before, but it certainly felt as though there were some strange similarities. The idea that everyone else unlike him was therefore below him, this lopsided view of the world.. it was horrifying, when laid bare. If he was ever compared to Iros, the person responsible would lose some teeth at the least.

Suddenly, he caught sight of Ball, pressed to the inside of Alex's shield. "Yeah, I see. We'll move after the first few attacks." Iros was watching from behind, shield and spear still at the ready - as always.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ball on February 3rd, 2016, 2:59 am

Note to Graders and ArchieThe following post was sanctioned by Alexander.

The blade swung up with Ball attached to it, as it reached the apex Ball saw that Alex hasn't spotted him yet, meaning that he wasn't smart enough to actually look at the blade itself. Tanroa wouldn't grant the boy a tick longer to look either. Using the momentum of the swing Ball released and pushed off the blade towards the backside of Alex. Ball's small hands reaching for the metal collar that guarded one's neck from swords and arrows. It also made for a great place for little Pycon hands to grab a hold off.

Even with grabbing a hold of the larger squire's collar Ball's momentum barely dropped a fraction as his trajactory and five pounds of weight wasn't really being stopped by anything beyond his hands latching onto the grooved metal, it bit into his clay and the Pycon hissed slightly. The ground though was coming fast and hard. As Ball's weight pulled on the collar Alex would realize what was happening as he started to angle backwards. Ball could see the sand shift below the squire's feet and knew it was only a tick or two before he fell to the ground with a rattling thud. Practice sword ignored by Ball at this moment in time, as it was useless to Alex, but the extra weight it had was only aiding the Pyken artist. Once Alex was unable to recover to a standing position in his backward falling did Ball release, using the momentum he had gathered on the downward drop to roll out of the way of Alex and great sword.

Sand clouded upward as Ball turned and looked at Alex. Luckily for Alex they were fighting on sand and the padding in his armour kept him from being crushed to death. As the sand slowly drifted back to the ground Ball leaned into Alex and gently tapped the squire's temple, whispering into his ear, “Dead.” And the Pycon's voice and hand were gone just as quickly as he had spoken. Stepping away from Alex and looking at the two knights and Squirrel Pycon.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 3rd, 2016, 3:34 am

Alex was sure he spotted the small squire hidden in the shifting sand. Only when he felt a tug at the back of his neck did he even remotely realize it was too late. The last place he’d even think to check was the one place that ball had hidden. He felt his weight slipping his momentum pulling him back. He felt for the briefest of moments a similar sensation to the one he’d felt in the brief match against Archailist. He felt like he was flying. And then the harshness of reality came rushing back to meet him. His feet slipped out from beneath him. Sand offered no purchase to even hope of recovery of this position. His foot slipped and with that he was on his way rushing to the ground. Had he been better skilled he could have maybe used the great sword as a brace and caught his weight on it. But no this was the point of no return now.

Alex planted on the ground now, the weight of roughly forty pounds of armour plating pressing on his torso and the full weight of his body and armour landed on his shoulders. A loud grunt of pain escaped him as he collided with the shifting sands. The soft ground minimizing the impact damage but he could already feel the pain spreading through his shoulders. His head slammed into a softer patch of sand kicked up by his armour. For a moment time seemed to stop. Deprived of breath and his blood rushing to his head his legs than collided with the ground. The great sword clattering into the sands. And then the sharp snap of reality stinging back to itself happened as Ball tapped a small fist against his temple.

One word, as was balls style it seemed. Short words little to say and little to prove. Dead. If this had been a real fight he’d of lost long ago. This was all for show right now to let him know just how far he had to go. Sucking down air he groaned. As ball walked away Alex rolled over using what little strength remained within him he started to get back up. Gritted teeth and a fire in his eyes. It wasn’t ending that easily. But before he could even take a step Greyheart shot him a look saying don’t even try it. He was right, the whole fight ball hadn’t even been taking it seriously and had still wiped the floor with him. Alex grit his teeth and clenched his fist. He could feel the steel rings biting into his hand even through the leather glove. He lost.

---

As this happened Greyheart looked over at Arch very briefly. “You’ll do fine lad. And don’t worry about turning out like Iros. He’s a creature of impulse. Though marked by Wysar, he shows little discipline in his emotions. His actions however are.” His words were quiet once again as he spoke to Archailist. Though as Alex sailed through the air Greyheart shook his head. He knew in that moment Alex had a long way to go but this was the right move. The right choice. Though as Alex started to rise from the ground one again Greyheart just shot him a look, one that said “stay put.” And begrudgingly Alex followed his orders. Greyheart smiled lightly happy to see the fighting spirit lurking within the gentle kid. But this wasn’t the time to unleash it. Especially not with someone with the skill of ball.

As ball walked over Greyheart looked at ball for a second and just said a few words to him. “You’re good at what you do squire ball. But have care. If you speak to a knight like that again I’ll have to seriously reprimand you. I’d suggest taking your leave quietly, before your actions are reported.” Greyheart paused for a moment and then with a sense of duty and obligation simply spoke. “Thank you though. You’ve taught the kid a lesson he needs to learn. It’s because of my gratitude that I’m not reprimanding you.” Greyheart wasn’t a massive stickler for the rules but there was certain things his pride wouldn’t let slide. However in this situation Iros had been the one to test his patience. Ball had just aggravated the issue.

--

Alex pushed himself back up to his feet. His head pounding and his body sore. All ball had done was send him falling over and over again. He’d made him look a fool without even trying. And for some reason that upset him deeply. A deep seeded anger which he didn’t know even existed had begun to burn. Something lurking from his mother’s side. Image
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on February 4th, 2016, 12:02 am

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He had to say, he was.. surprised. Ball had never seemed the type to ever hold back but there was certainly something new to the way he finished Alex off. No punches, no dented armour; maybe it was because he knew that he was being watched? Who knew. Even when controlled, being flung straight onto his back looked far from pleasant for Alex. "Jeez." At least they were doing it on the moderately soft sand and there weren't any rocks around. Apart from that, though.. he couldn't really have thought of a better way to bring the other squire down. Except, perhaps, a controlled attack focused on the backs of the knees. Now wasn't the time for criticism, though, far from it.

"Oh, no.. he's not really. He's dedicated to building his muscle. There's no doubt about that. But, everything else.. well, yeah." There was no doubting that for all the determination Iros held, there were times when he'd grown very impulsive indeed and struggled to reel his anger in. "And.. strange as it sounds, it feels like Iros is a little more like everyone else than we'd like to admit. Haven't you ever focused on something so much that everything else just became a nagging annoyance that you constantly pushed away?" As much as he wanted an answer to that question, it seemed Ball was finished, and so was their lesson.

Honestly, it couldn't have gone any better, despite the horrific distractions. Alex had actually put effort into a fight this time. Now he wasn't really sure what to do with himself. He wasn't exactly in a good position to help Alex to his feet so all he could really do was stand before the squire while he picked himself up and clap both hands together, hoping he didn't look too pleased with himself. "Well, I think that's everything," he said. "You fought Ball and you fought hard. I'm sure Ser Greyheart is proud." Heck, he would be if Alex was his squire. Even if he did have a bit of a tendency of falling asleep in the middle of libraries. "I'm off to catch up on other things, but if Ser Greyheart needs me to come back in and offer another lesson or whatnot, he knows where to call. And so do you." For some reason, he felt like holding out a hand to shake when he could literally be picked up in Alex's hand felt a little redundant, so he took his leave with Ser Iros in tow.

On the way back out of the Grounds, he took a small detour to catch Ball. "Ser, I'll catch up with you in a moment, if you don't mind." It seemed the talk with Ser Greyheart had caught the crimson knight on a bad day and Iros didn't say a word.. just continued walking down towards the top of the stairs and stood there instead, eyes glaring accusingly. Oh, he'd likely get more than just an earful for his behaviour today, before Syna's light left the sky. Whether or not the sergeant had come in his defense, he'd still yelled at his patron and acted in a very.. unprofessional way. So had Iros, for that matter, but he didn't want to bring up that Kriital nest.

Ball had acted.. strange.. today. Overly confrontational, yet at the same time bizarrely evasive. "Something going on with you today?" he asked with a concerned hand resting on the other Pycon's shoulder. "If you didn't want to do this, you could've just denied, or something." He felt angry. Of course he did, Ball had nearly ruined one of the few chances he ever found to actually take on an important role. If not for Ser Greyheart's kind heart, this evening could have turned ugly. In the Training Grounds of all places, right next to the Weaponsmasters! But.. at the end of the day, Ball was a fellow squire and Pycon, just like him. Why would he not feel kinship? "Maybe we should talk sometime, if you feel like it. A few days from now, I'll probably be doing a little extra work down with the craftmen down in Mithryn.. if you feel like coming down to sit down and have another chat." Arch slapped Ball on the back heartily. "Just think about it, alright?" he shouted over his shoulder as he jogged to catch up with his patron.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ball on February 15th, 2016, 1:47 am

“They are right squire. You fought well. Maybe next time I won't go so easy on you.” Ball turned and started to walk away, apparently ignoring the fact that his dog still laid beside the others. Something though troubled Ball, and it was apparent when Archailist called out to him.

Ball looked at the squirrel when he approached and started questioning him, “You said he was new. Too new. I train my brothers and sisters to fight in battle not so they can get crushed by their own comrades. He is a petching child Squirrel.” The three inch squire turned to face the squirrel fully, “Truth is… I am more scared of what I can do to someone untrained or trained with my two hands alone… This wasn't all lost. But...” Ball frowned and shook his head, “This is not the place to speak words as such… Kind or unkind. Your patron needs to learn to keep his mouth shut though. The Weaponmasters may hold supreme power here, but he has nothing more than a fancy title outside of here. He wants to run his mouth he can run it, but I will be the one to stop it.”

Ball shook his head and turned away, “I question what I do more now than I have in the past. I relish too much in combat. Sparring or on the field. It is going to get someone killed, and no I am not speaking just of my opponents. I have thought long and hard about it though, this fight showed me just what kind of fighter I am seeing daily. Green fighters. Children that pick up the sword and think it's all shining armour and white horses. They don't see the hardships of the Order… Not until it's too late and they are hardened into something far less childish and foolhearted.”

Ball looked down at his hands, sighing briefly before running his hands down his face, “I question if I am any better than the enemy at times. Your patron is right though. I am a problem for the order. By Sylir's good graces I have no idea what I am going to do. A foot soldier for my whole life?” The pycon frowned at the thought, “We will talk… Later. Away from the others.”

Ball turned and waved to the two knights and Alexander before whistling to gain his mount's attention. It wasn't long before Ball was mounted and leaving the Training Grounds.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 15th, 2016, 2:32 am

Before Ball could step away from him Greyheart turned to see him. A look of contemplation on his face. “Well then Squire Ball. Perhaps it’d behove you to become a weapon master. Train people so they don’t fall on the field of combat. Given your…Apprehension about the greener recruits.” A smirk of knowing fell over his features as he started to walk over to Alex. Beforehand though Greyheart gave Archailist a small nod and let them both on their way. A sharp glance over to Ser Iros and in a sharp but relaxed tone Greyheart spoke. “Dismissed.” Greyheart stepped over to Alex now who was just struggling to his feet.

--

Alex started to rise form the ground. His shoulders screaming at him and Archailist and Ball’s words rolling in his head. He was mad. Not at them, but with himself. He was furious with himself for putting on such a pathetic showing. His hand tightened into a fist and he punched the sand. He just held there. Replaying where he’d gone wrong over, and over, and over in his head. Trying to suss it all out. Playing it through playing it over again and again. He wasn’t going to let it go. As Greyheart helped him to his feet. Alex spoke in a voice that was nothing like what he had before. Instead of anger, there was a calm. A calm even and unmoving. “Archailist! Ball! One day I’ll beat both of you…One day.” This wasn’t a threat, nor a calling out to them. But a vocal and self-affirming promise to himself. He was going to get stronger. He was going to get better. And he would take both of them down a notch from their stand points. In the far or near future he didn’t know. But he would do it.

Greyheart slipped an arm around Alex’s waist and hauled him back to his feet. Alex winced and stepped with his patron’s help.
“You did good squire. I’ve seen people broken by him before.” Sebastian spoke with a slight tinge of pride. Still Alex felt like he’d let him down.
“That may be the case. But he was playing with me. He could have ended that in a much faster and much more painful way than he did. You and I Both know it.” Alex broke away from his patrons help and started to walk off under his own steam. His body screaming at him as he collected his gear and made his way back down into the city. He’d been defeated in body, but not in spirit.
Behind him Greyheart sighed and shook his head lightly. A half smirk and half disappointed look.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 14th, 2016, 1:30 pm

XP Award!
Name:Alexander
XP Award:
  • Greatsword +1
  • Bastard Sword +1
  • Sheild +1
  • Observation +2
Lore:
  • Smaller enemies are hard to keep track of.
  • Pycons, Smaller, but not weaker.
  • Ball, little body, Big Mouth
  • Hiding a weapon

Rewards: 3 Shield points. Training
Penalties Several Mild Bruises, without healing should last a week.
Notes: Definitely showing signs that Alex has far to go as a Squire and Knight, I like the goal for improvement.

XP Award!
Name:Archailist
XP Award:
  • Negotiation 2
  • Teaching 2
  • Leadership +3
  • Philosophy +1
Lore:
  • Alex, Shows Potential
  • Hot heads don't mix well
  • Ball, Seeking to change
  • Iros, his temperament is a danger to us all

Rewards: 4 Shield points. Training/Teaching -1 for mouthing off against a superior. (even if you were right) Total +3
Penalties None.
Notes: I love Archy's attitude I can certainly see that he's more diplomatic that most of his Brethren.

XP Award!
Name:Ball
XP Award:
  • Unarmed (pyken) +1
  • Teaching 1
  • Intimidation +2
  • Philosophy +1
Lore:
  • Alex, Not Strong enough
  • Iros, Temper as red as he is.
  • Archialist. Someone to talk too
  • Unarmed (pyken), Using an opponents momentum against them

Rewards: 4 Shield points. Training/Teaching -2 for mouthing off against superiors (you gotta sharp toungue I must say) +2 total
Penalties None.
Notes: Ball I sense interesting character development brewing, good job

Hope everyone is happy with their grades, Pm me if you have any questions complaints or comments otherwise
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Previous