Closed Let the Hunt begin! [Part 1]

Our group of syliran heroes set forth on their hunt for the bird sighted near the city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Let the Hunt begin! [Part 1]

Postby Treachery on May 6th, 2016, 3:53 am

74th of Spring, 516A.V.

Treachery sighed. Him and the rest of those that had volunteered for the hunt, stood in various degrees of readiness by the city gates, waiting. They had been doing so for well over two bells now but they were still missing someone. The blasted clay squirrel that had brought them all together for the hunt in the first place. This wasn't good. Though Eulalia didn't seem to mind. Her and the other horses had had their saddle bags removed when it became apparent they would be waiting a while, now happily munching at whatever green they could find. Pacing back and forth angrily, the zith silently raged in his mother tongue. This was getting ridiculous. Where was that squirrel? They had the camping equipment ready, supplies, their armour and their weapons, though Treachery had opted out of most of his armour since it was becoming apparent he'd be flying a lot. But couldn't go yet because the little rat had somehow chickened out at the last second.

Rolling her eyes, Sera Kovan stood by her squire looking equally as annoyed. This hadn't been what she'd expected when she'd let him go on this hunt. Treachery, looked around again for the rodent, and then over the group and back to looking for the rodent. If he ever show his face, the zith was certain he'd tear him apart at this rate. This wasn't even fair. As the two and half bell mark was reached, the squire threw up his hands in disgusted.

“Let's go now. No care about clay squirrel. He late. His fault. He catch up if need.”

Looking to his patron for back up on the point, the Isur nodded slowly exhaling as she rolled the stiffness out of her shoulders. They had done enough waiting.

“Right, folks. We are moving off. We've waited long enough. The Pycon can catch up if he has to but we've got a bird to hunt down. Everyone get yourselves ready!”

Giving out an exasperated cheer, Treachery awkwardly set about the task of convincing his horse that it wasn't meal time right now. Getting some help from his patron, he reattached the saddlebags over the horse's back and stood ready to leave.

IMPORTANT OOCRight! Let's get this show on the road. This one will have a posting order, the order you post in is the order we are using. Please also for consistency reasons have an ooc listing what you are taking with you just to help management wise. :D Here we go!

Kit List1 Horse, saddlebags, 1 tent (4 person), a tarp, a lot of rope, a bedroll, 1 blanket , a water skin, an old eating knife, 1 flint and steel, a lantern, Kopis, sheath for kopis, chest plate, helmet, brush, Starter pack rations, hair ribbon, clothes he is wearing, 1 patron with armour set, javelins, round shield, hammer and own horse with saddlebags.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on May 6th, 2016, 4:52 am

Irathia sat on her horse, borrowed from the stables it was the one she kept training with... She sort of knew how to ride, enough to the point where she wont fall or loose control, but she still needed to learn. She pushed the horse forward to the rambling Zith, based on how most of the people were acting they couldn't hear him... Irathia always found it odd how most people couldn't seem to hear the Zith when they screech, it was rather obvious. Treachery and Sera Kovan announced that they should head out, the squirrel was late and he would catch up if need be.

Irathia reached a hand over and rested it on his shoulder. "Calm down, it might attract attention or something." Irathia said, smiling slightly as she pushed her horse forward next to the Zith... "You also look very weird when you are angry." Irathia smiled, she was clearly joking, adding hints of sarcasm into what she said.

Sera Ravonai cleared her throat. "Alright! Everyone! Lets go! Irathia and I will lead the way as we were the last to see the... What was it again? The huge bird thing with the skull helmet!" Sera Ravonai raised her arm and pointed straight at Irathia as she spoke. "Irathia will be leading the way as the bird was closest to her, I only saw it after it killed the deer and stared at Irathia." She said, her head turning to her. "Lead the way."
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on May 14th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Garland and Catherine had been waiting for a few bells now, it seemed like Treachery and the others were also ready to go.

Garland had found a deck of card, and a table and started playing with his horse and a few passerbys. The passerbys were just a few citizens who happened to wander by and have a quick game of cards.

Garland threw down his hand with a triumphant huzzah. "Hah! That's a good hand isn't it?" He boasted and looked at the others with a smug grin. "Does anyone have anything better?"

The others grumbled and stood up from their seats and walked off, Tryn the horse spat out the cards he was chewing on and showed Garland a royal flush, followed by a happy whinny.

"Right, are you hiding cards in your mane?" Garland asked and scratched Tryn's ear. "Alright, you won, we'll get you some apples when we're done with this trip." The squire said and looked over to the hunting party that was here.

Garland and Sera Catherine were listing intently to Irathia's mentor, Sera Rovanai had seen the large creature, and everyone seemed on edge, and excited.

"Before we leave, Garland, equipment check! Sword!"

"Check."

"Bow and arrows, crossbow and bolts?"

"Check and check."

"Camping equipment and the poison."

"Check and check, and I've got the food too."

Garland had climbed up on Tryn and looked over to Sera Catherine. "You know, I don't think we could take this beastie down."

"Aren't you a downer today." Catherine replied and got up on her own horse. "What makes you think we're gonna die?"

"I didn't say die, Sera. Maybe we could drive it away, if it flies high, we'd have only a few ways to bring it down and I don't need to tell you this but I'm not a very good shot with the bow." He said, still with that happy grin that doesn't match what he was saying.

"We'll be fine, what's the worse that could happen?" Garland just sighed and rolled his eyes. It seemed like they were ready to go.

Equipment :
[Garland]
Bedroll
Rations(mostly cheese)
Lilyweb(poison)
Bastard sword
Shortbow
Hand crossbow
20x arrows
20x bolts
Leather armor
Waterskin

[Catherine]
Tent for 2 people
Bedroll
Longsword
Shortbow
20x arrows
Leather armor
Waterskin
Last edited by Garland on May 16th, 2016, 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 15th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Flashback

Link to the thread with Ferrins first experience with a Kriital. Featuring Revali.

~~~~~~

The date was way back in mid summer of 515 AV. Just last year. Ferrin was out hunting, well mostly he had taken his leisurement to rest for say a few chimes before he recontinued the expedition. He was lying on the rough grass and soil minding his own business. He was interrupted a few chimes later, by a Kelvic meerkat. It was peculiar at first. But, it was also hysterical as well in a way. The Kenashian couldn't take the meerkat seriously at first. But then realized that this meerkat was in fact a Kelvic. The two made up as acquaintances and they had Hunted together...

Ferrin recalled his father's literature collection of animals and all, when he was younger he would read them eventually.

Afterwards, the two; Revali and Ferrin had encountered the large predator of a bird. Ferrin and Revali did their best to fend off the beast, but failed and Ferrin nearly died saving the Kelvics' life. Ferrin hadn't seen the meerkat Kelvic in awhile. He hoped no wild animal had gotten to him.

~~~~~

"You all packed Ferrin?" Asked his uncle, Ser Xervos with a smirk over his face. "What's so funny?" Asked Ferrin quizzically as he adjusted his longbow and quiver over his shoulder. The Kenashian pushed aside his dark curls to one side if his face as he nodded simply towards his patron. "Your coming to right? Because, I've brought my tent that occupies four people at maximum." Said Ferrin as he gave a look to his uncle in dismay.

"Yes, of course. I have packed my things." Replied Ser Xervos with a wry smile as he mounted his stallion. Ferrin nodded and mounted up on Cyprus. "Good, we'll need the extra man power. If the squire... Irathia had described this bird to be large and preadatious like, I think I can help with the little bits of intel I have. It'll probably help." Spoke Ferrin without looking at his uncle.

The Knight gave him a face, but Ferrin hadn't noticed and he clicked his heels and patted Cyprus' neck to allow the Zavian to move. It's hooves clicked against the stone pavement as Syna and her light shone encouragingly throughout Syliras. Sylirans kept walking by avoiding the two horsemen swathed in their hunting gear. Leather armour that replaced the metallic haleavy and clqnky armor. Ser Xervos packed his armor on the back of his traveling horse.

Ferrin usually would prefer the leather armor more then the heavy metal suit. Ferrin rests one hand at his short broadsword at the side of his waist and the other clung to the reins that connected the saddle to the mare. "Why are you so tense?" Asked Ser Xervos with a slight smile.

"I'm bit tense. It's just precaution." Replied Ferrin simply things were a bit dense and quite which made Ferrin forget that his patron was even behind him. "Hmmm. It looks like your tense. Loosen up your grip we're nearly at the gates." Said Ser Xervos as he gave a look of curiosity. Ferrin didn't match the gaze, he kept his eyes on the gates. "Fine..." Said Ferrin with a thought of death in his mind. Ferrin waved as he'd seen Garland and the Zith, Treachery to be sure. Irathia was there as well. Ferrin clicked his heels to let Cyprus push a little more speed into his trotting. The horse knickered and followed through and Ferrin and Ser Xervos arrived. "So, what are our plans for this expedition? I'm not the best shot, but I'm pretty good.", Said Ferrin as he gulped down his fears to Treachery. His fear of being with a Zith made him nervous, but he did his best to not let it show. Since most Ziths in Cyphrus would probably be different than the ones here in Syliras? Right?

Equipment :
One Tent- Occupies four people
Bedroll
Shot Broadsword
Longbow
Quiver- 40 arrows (hunting) 20 arrows (armor piercing)
Leather armor- equipped
Rations- X9 (4.5Gm)
Metal armor-packed
Waterskin
All miscellaneous items are packed in his backpack.

Ser Xervos
Bedroll
Metal armor
Longsword
Leather armor- equipped

[

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on May 27th, 2016, 2:55 am

Shimoje shared whatever information he could gather from the journal and soon enough the group parted their ways. His dedication to staying in the city stood, and he had no intention of attending the actual hunt. Knowing it would perhaps be unwise. After all, he still had some jobs to do with the Tipsy Wench. For those who knew him best, Shimoje was a gadgeteer and a sailor. Though, he didn’t always want to tell everyone of him eventually leaving the city come end of spring. He still had his hidden intentions and an agenda which seemed to be kept secret most of the time.

The 73rd of spring quickly started to come to an end, and the next day Shimoje awoke tired as ever. He wondered how early most of the group would head out to the hunt, but he assumed by conversation and how late it grew that it would most likely occur today, on the 74th of spring. As he rummaged through his bags and started to collect and place his tools in their rightful places from a night of fiddling around during his downtime, he figured that he might go out and see if the group would be gathered at the gates.

He grew weary of going to the gates so often. He didn’t much care for being looked at by the guards and citizens as a weird person, some of which may have heard tales of his previous adventures within the city. Despite being a scholarly sort he lived for the excitement and thrill. It all started when he was just looking for information on his father’s death, but quickly grew into more and more chaos. He reveled in it.
~

Shimoje grabbed his pack and his tools like usual after doing his morning routines and shaving of his head. He also grabbed the hunter’s journal which detailed different extents of beast and the hunter’s encounter of them. Taking a deep breath, he headed out of Traveler’s Row and towards the gates. A flare sparked in his eyes as he walked, his thinking of wanting to study the beast should they be able to bring it back. Soon enough he had arrived to the Gates and saw Ferrin, Treachery, and a few other he hadn’t remembered.

Immediately upon approaching the group Shimoje nodded towards Ferrin then turned his attention to the Zith. Why Ferrin seemed so nervous of such a marvelous creature puzzled Shimoje. “So Treachery, going to let me study those wings of yours?” He smiled toothily. He approached the Zith as his thumb and index fingers trifled throughout his toolkits on his belt. “Perhaps later, you have a hunt to get to right?” Shimoje remained smiling and then walked closer to the Zith.

“I will remain here in the city, and should you’re hunt be successful I would like to study this large creature. Hopefully you make it back before Summer.”
Shimoje hinted out accidentally. He didn’t want the group to know that he too soon would make a departure from the city, but alas his quick mind thought faster than his mouth.

“If any of you have a way to stay in contact with the city I can act as a messenger, and hopefully report or send out help if need be. Some of the other knight’s in the city know of me, and my… antics.
” He said grudgingly then grinded his jaws together as if chewing on his words. His bony face structure caused his temples to flare a bit outwards and his jawline extended.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes