OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Shimoje on September 11th, 2016, 2:12 am

As of right now the settlements have no known defense against such a thing as a myrian tribe. Myri and her children would find it cute to find a settlement of weak civilized humans and... The over abundance of tastey Kelvics there.

As such, the place is also home to many unknown and forbidden technologies. This is something that myrians would likely avoid in my opinion. Although war mongering the Myri are not stupid and they wouldn't fell bait to what Syka has there.

Myrians I feel would inhabit far teaches into the jungle but going near the coast would not be in their best interest. Not even most of their hunt is done mainland and a fair distance from Syka.

That being said it might be possible for a few myrians to stumble that way, but I feel that once they discover it something would have to happen and I feel the only way to resolve this debate is if we rp it out. It could be an event for potential new pcs or even an event ran by Goss with npcs because all of you are forgetting one important detail. Myrians are savages and most have heard of them so how do you think a starting settlement would react to seeing a few of them in their jungles.

That's right they would protect it and in my opinion even start a war of hunt to kill them before they could pray or tell Myri of their discoveries. I say we rp it out.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 11th, 2016, 2:14 am

*lol*

If you go by the very poorly written Falyndar lore, there are only 15,000 Myrians in the whole of Falyndar. There are 15,150 people in Taloba of which 'other' is made up of 1% non-Myrians. Thus pretty much ALL THE MYRIANS are in Taloba that are in the world.

The math? 15,150x.01=150.5 non-Myrians... that means ALL OF THEM ARE IN TALOBA.

There could be hundreds of small settlements around Falyndar and the Myrians would never know.

*gigglesnorts*

Remember, Myri was just a mortal woman who got lucky with a kill shot on a careless love struck god and took his power. She isn't all that, honestly. You give her WAY to much credit.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shimoje on September 11th, 2016, 2:18 am

I like Myri, what can I say? Go ahead and tell her and I'll give her a kid when she comes to cut off my head. In any case at least I was right in saying that they were far away from Syka, but the possibilities are there. *glares* you wanted to discuss so I'm discussing and I say that we rp it. The way it should be done in my opinion
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on September 11th, 2016, 2:22 am

Uh-huh, sure. Either way, to answer your question, it would make more sense for Myrians not to have any knowledge of the settlement, ergo there would be no Myrians at all. So that only leaves the question of if you'd want the Dhani slithering around.

And Shimoje, I think Goss' point is that Syka could go seasons or even years without being discovered by the Myrians, so it would hardly be a problem to be considered at this point. However, if you have Myrians there, then Myri would know about it... since pretty much all Myrians are from Taloba and word would quickly spread to Myri about said settlement. THEN you'd have to RP it out.

So, again, it makes more sense to have no Myrians at all and just wonder if the Dhani would be allowed. And hey, this would be a great chance to provide a new sanctuary for the Charodoe!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 11th, 2016, 3:12 pm

I'm completely through the Summer Char Registry posting intro threads for people. If you didn't get a post and were in that registry, my apologies. I only posted for people I knew were still here (by the fact they'd signed the Summer registry or I could track down their alts that they've logged onto recently). If you were skipped it was because I couldn't prove you were still here. Sign the Summer Registry and you will get your own moderated thread too. I will work on that registry next and the replies I need to get out today.

Remember these are just simple threads to introduce you to the founders, get your jobs/housing/place in Syka set up with those that are creating the settlement, and from there we go forward. This also gives me a feel for your RP style, the way you like to run your PC, and your PC's motivations. So if you want something to come up in the thread (dark history, mental issues, addictions or needs, etc) make sure you have it come up. I'll give you every opportunity.

Extra credit goes to someone that can figure out how all the threads link together. I did something new there. :)

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Izuyanai on September 11th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Baby, I Love Your Way
Song lyric titles??

The thread titles just seemed to fit, and were really poetic.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 11th, 2016, 3:44 pm

:) Yup, you got it Izu! I was listening to Frampton himself when I started this project.

I've got all of Fall so far posted too. Have fun in your intro threads. We'll take them as far as we want to go with them. Meet and greets? Sure. But they can be so much more if we let them.

If you were holding off joining Syka, nows the time to jump on. I still have plenty of time to reply to threads today and to get more started if we have more people register.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Hey Folks!

Just wanted to drop a note and let you know that I'm loving all the replies on the meet & greet threads to get you introduced to the settlement. I thought they were creative, fun, and unique. I can't wait to see what everyone else posts who haven't gotten replies up yet.

Tues are my bad days in a good way because I have almost no time on the computer since I have a four hour stained glass class tonight that's a reoccurring thing. That means no posting until tomorrow. But on that note its my birthday week (sat) so I have taken friday through monday off work to chill and celebrate life. That gives me a lot of time to post this weekend. So replies will start coming out Weds (tomorrow) as well as the new threads for those that have responded to pms or have newly posted in the registry. Replies will come out in the order they were responded too or I got pms within.

I want to remind you of something. Nothing just magically appears in Syka. That means if you want to open a business or buy a home you need to talk to the Founders in thread and set it up. That means all new buildings need to be built in thread. I have 'locations' that are available in the link map, but that doesn't mean there are buildings there. Those spots are just placeholders so I don't have to edit the map too quickly.

Half the fun is being a settler, ya know? We build from the ground up. You get some ready cash from the founders, some land allocations, and that's it. First you dig your latrine, make a temp shelter, and then start figuring out what your going to actually live in. Resources will be limited, so you have to build with local materials and figure things out. Luckily, since no one has thought of it yet, I think Randal will be bringing a portable sawmill ran on stormgems or water the next time James makes a trip with The Veronica to Riverfall. We're going to need a lot of wood. And since the jungle is full of hardwood, we're going to be in business to build. Fasteners like nails and basic tools like hammers will be available in limited quantities the Mercantile.

So if you have no idea about a business, just think about a growing colony and whats needed. Transporting logs from the jungle to the 'settlement'? Cutters? Architects. Food gatherers? The possibilities are endless. Someone with say a team of horses or elephants would be invaluable.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mateo Tidesong on September 14th, 2016, 3:47 am

Thanks for the intro thread!

I should reply by the weekend (to everyone), and hopefully start some other things. I'm ... in the process of applying for a grant right now and tomorrow is my competition between myself and three other artists at a dinner (it's called a SOUP here). Needless to say, my brain is goo after writing my speech and being a nervous mess (I giggle like an idiot into microphones).

Anyway, I'm excited!

The song lyrics as titles were so cool ... I secretly wished they showed up in order in my feed on my phone. LOL
Mateo Tidesong
Smooth as Sea Silk

Words: 6692
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2016, 1:49 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alyria Riptide on September 16th, 2016, 3:18 am

Aww man all these intro threads! I keep reading with anticipation. Lol.
Alyria Riptide
Player

Words: 14754
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2016, 12:24 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext