OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Evangeline on October 2nd, 2016, 7:30 pm

Hallo everyone! I'm the newest addition to Syka. I can't wait to get writing with everybody.
Evangeline
The doctor is in.

Words: 8768
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Shimoje on October 2nd, 2016, 7:33 pm

Title and Date

Heyyyy sexy woman...
oh wait just another kelvic!

Welcome to Syka.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Urkut on October 3rd, 2016, 2:49 am

So what I'm hearing is, it's baby-making time?
*cracks knuckles*
Let's do this.

And welcome, Evangeline!
Urkut
Player

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2015, 9:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on October 4th, 2016, 2:47 am

Just a heads up. I worked a double today so I'm super tired and headed to bed. I should be able to hit up a lot of replies tomorrow and get everyone else caught up. If you haven't noticed (and you should) or your thread isn't advanced enough, you are all getting opportunities in your threads to acquire some special things. Syka is going to be known as a relic ground so I want you all to be able to cash in on that. Try not to hand them back or loose them once a special item is identified. It will be worked into the greater city plot later on in a future season.

If you have events you want to run... a party, building the sawmill, a group hunt, etc. Feel free to get that organized and get it going. You can coordinate here if you'd like. I have had Rak send me a group of questions about the saw mill so we'll get that going as soon as i sit down to answer them. That means The Veronica will be making a run to RF this season instead of waiting until next. So if you need anything, make sure you somehow let me know in this thread and James know in another of your threads (by either telling him or just mentioning that you stopped by and told him etc) and we'll make sure your supplies come back on the return trip.

This sudden trip will mean a later supply trip in Winter. We can also import some NPCs if someone wants to hire any. Remember, there's no pool of workers in Syka other than the PCs that are here.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jacinth on October 4th, 2016, 8:08 am

Welcome Evangeline! I also commend the sawmill idea, that's going to be super helpful.
Jacinth
Bone Breaker

Words: 7938
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2016, 8:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rakhasta on October 4th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Hey guys!

Sorry getting the sawmill stuff up is taking so long, I didn't anticipate so much technical reading was going to be involved, haha. I'm getting my own Gadgeteering skills up so I can write it properly in the construction writeup and in the actual threads.

Thanks for your patience, Syka Citizens!
Common​ ​|​ High Arumenic​ ​|​ Snake-tongue
Rakhasta
of the Southern Winds

Words: 15089
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Izuyanai on October 5th, 2016, 8:31 am

Izu's not a skilled builder, but she'll be there as an extra pair of hands.

Also, I expect she'll need help in building her tavern, so if anyone would like to coordinate, post here or message me.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Evangeline on October 5th, 2016, 9:32 am

I would also be interested in helping -- with both projects.

Evangeline is building a Tavern too, but with a brewery attached. It's less of an Inn and more of an Enoteca. Maybe they can help each other!
Evangeline
The doctor is in.

Words: 8768
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rakhasta on October 6th, 2016, 1:32 am

The Syka Sawmill Building Plan is up! Lemme know what y'all think! Sorry about the weird post dimensions, I'm not sure how to fix them...
Common​ ​|​ High Arumenic​ ​|​ Snake-tongue
Rakhasta
of the Southern Winds

Words: 15089
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Urkut on October 6th, 2016, 2:26 am

If one does not already exist, I'd like to motion for a list of available resources on the island. I could create and keep up the list if some others could help me put it together.

For instance, we have wood (assuming the saw mill workers also harvest it), and we have cotton-like material from the Isuas Groves, so we can assume we have shelter decently covered. But do we have enough crops to use for the brewery? Is there enough meat and fish for sale through the Founders at the Mercantile to support a Tavern? Or is everything currently imported, and so at a limit?

I think a list of resources and their availability would help us sort out the practicalities more efficiently, and keep everyone on the same page as we try to figure out the basis for these businesses.

If people are interested (and I have Goss' permission), I'll probably move this discussion to development.

BTW, Rakhasta, I love your outline. Very well thought out and organized. I can tell you did your research. :)
Urkut
Player

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2015, 9:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext