OOC Info [OOC] In the Murder

Discussion Board

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Alija on November 27th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Ravok has been really quiet lately...
But if anyone is around and still interested in this thread feel free to join. I've got a response ready, practically, but it's not too late to jump in!
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Gossamer on December 4th, 2016, 8:52 pm

Hi Folks.

This is just a brief notice to let you know Ravok has been closed due to lack of moderation. Crow has been retired. If you wish to continue your characters, please feel free to migrate to another OPEN city.

Thank you and sorry for the incontinence. The HD is open for all questions.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on December 5th, 2016, 11:14 pm

I was browsing the Job & Wage Request thread and found that some were marked as approved and others were not. Please submit your request to my Office if you wage/job was not approved.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2016, 12:39 am

Please note if you are a member of Ravok's elite families, this does NOT entitle you to family money for free. You must do job threads like every player on MIzahar and earn your money accordingly. I've gotten HD ticket requests for players to withdraw money from 'family banks' and I just had jaw dropping moments if disbelief.

If you have EVER withdrawn money from a mysterious family bank account, better think twice. IT DOESNT EXIST and you can't access any FREE FUNDS. Like EVERY player on Mizahar you must earn coin through writing not through some mysterious luck of birth.

Prophet will be going through CS's of 'family members' in Ravok. They better make sense in terms of ledger with properly awarded funds via SS thread Notes or you will be asked to adjust your ledger. There are no free rides here.

Goss

(Migrating costs nothing to a player. It costs nothing to ANY player because its not your fault the city closes. Please remember that. But if you are in the red, you are DEAD or a SLAVE ledger wise.)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on February 12th, 2017, 4:57 pm

If you hadn't heard, Ravok will be reopening in the Spring. In an effort to remove some of the clutter, I have condensed all player requests into a single thread. I'm excited for the upcoming season. There are going to be some changes but most will be minor in nature or basic clarifications. I will post more on this in the coming weeks prior to the season change. As always, if you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Benare Nitrozian on February 12th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Thank you so much Prophet! Unfortunately, Benare will be stationed at Sahova for another season or so, untill he becomes a Wizard. :)

I can't wait to see what you have in stock for Ravok!
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Sevris on February 14th, 2017, 2:28 am

Good news. Thanks for the update Prophet.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 14th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Ah, I'm a bit conflicted now! I wasn't expecting Ravok to open back up so soon, but I am interested in the plotting that might go on with Prophet about...

But, on Sahova I have access all that magic.... And he gets paid way better as a wizard on Sahova than he does as a member of the Ebonstryfe(I think they don't get a skill multiplier :(, so usually ends up getting paid less)

Ah, I am conflicted good sir!

I will ponder this...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on February 19th, 2017, 2:00 am

it's good to know that my reputation is causing you some internal conflict, Clyde. ;) I strive for dominance so I'll take your comment as a step in the right direction.

There's been some changes to the codex already and more to come. I'm in the process of a few things but I will write up an announcement to highlight the major stuff. First, the ebonstryfe is not the police department of Ravok. There is a city guard for that. Second, there's no huge castle on the lake shore. Third, Ravok is not a scary city AT ALL. While non-citizens could at any time be enslaved,killed or visited by something else unsavory, this does not happen very often in main areas. The busy sections of the city reflect a functioning paradise. The citizens of Ravok are arrogant in the belief that their city is better than every other city on Mizahar. Ask anyone and they'll tell you it's because of Rhysol.

Thus is just a taste. Registry will be going up soon. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on February 22nd, 2017, 5:01 am

~Ravok~
the City Beautiful

As promised, I have continued to make some changes and I want to point out a few of the bigger ones as well as highlight some things that have slipped under the radar. You should all be aware that Ravok has a library of storyteller discussion and development that has filtered in and out of the eye of the playerbase. My main goal is to solidify what Ravok is and create an atmosphere that reflects all of the creativity, ingenuity and good ol' hard work that the staff and players have submitted over the years.

JOB SPOTLIGHT:
There are some jobs that I never see anyone take so I want to point them out and perhaps draw in some new blood or rekindle an old PC.

+ Ravosalamen ~ The city doesn't run without its taxi drivers. Plain and simple, these charismatic people make sure everyone gets where they need to go in a timely manner as well as carry the town gossip. Some are even wells of knowledge if you know the right questions to ask. I will be making a club for them to reside in and swap stories but it is low on my list for the moment. Those who cannot afford their own ravosala can run one from here. Skill will be Driving-Ravosala and the wage will start at 3 GM.

+ Keepers ~ Keepers are the handlers of the Dravlaks. It is equal in rank to a Commander. I asked Gillar about it and here's what he had to say.
Gillar wrote:Dravlak handlers are Ebonstryfe Commanders who train specifically in dealing with Dravlaks. Instead of commanding soldiers or bonding with a Bloodbane, the Keeper (the official title as they are Commanders in rank only) undergoes a special ritual... Dravlaks consider their Keeper to be their anchor to sanity. Remember, a Dravlak is basically the sum of all the evil, chaos, insanity and resulting destruction that lies in every "stable" Druvin...

The Anchor/Keeper, if accepted by the Dravlak, is uniquely able to offer the Dravlak the ability to function without completely going berserk on anyone and everything around them. They do this by taking into themselves a bit of the chaos that flows through the Dravlak thus allowing the Dravlak some semblance of sanity... In exchange for taking on a bit of their Dravlak partner, the Keepers are able to ASK the Dravlak to act as a companion/partner...

Please be aware that one must have all of the necessary requirements for attaining the rank of Commander within Ebonstryfe to apply for this position. And you people thought bonding with a kelvic was cool... ;)

UPDATES:
The Codex has been deemed a work in progress. Any section where a note has been added offering credit to STs is most likely acceptable though still subject to change.

+ The Linkmap has been updated to reflect some changes in structure but I also added more description regarding the different parts of the city. This should help create a more uniform approach to travel and appearances.

+ The subforum will be changed from the Docks to the Lakeside. This is a matter of rearranging some things but it makes more sense to me to isolate the outlying region that surrounds the lake from the city itself.

+ The City Guard information has been added to the Factions section of the codex. This offers opportunities for more jobs but requires a different type of person than those who would join The Black Sun or Ebonstryfe.

+ Projects still to come: Fort Chrysone -the base of operations for the City Guard, a standard housing unit and the Spring Calendar!

That is all for now. As always, feel free to ask questions or PM me if you wish to keep your devices secret.

Boxcode credit: Karin Ironyach.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext