OOC Info [OOC] In the Murder

Discussion Board

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Sayana on February 25th, 2017, 3:54 pm

Just wanted to clarify something. By no means do my opinions reflect most roleplayers. This is coming from a particular type of writer:
- I love crafting my own plots
- I prefer having more control within a story rather than less
- I love planning long plot arcs
- I'm more than happy to seek out people who might fit the story I want to write and I'm not shy about random PMs (only occasionally am I shy with certain people)

This is very different from someone who might be more spontaneous, or shy about PMing someone, or someone who enjoys other people's plots but has trouble coming up with their own. Or any sort of combination, or with other qualities.

Just saying that where I might have the problem of a ST taking too much control in a modded thread, someone else might be seeking more ST input because they really enjoy the ST contributions to the plot and story.

tldr: Roleplayers are different and have different preferences
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on March 3rd, 2017, 3:56 am

In the spirit of trying something new, I've reached my conclusion.

I am going to track player threads in the placeholder I used after the registry. Here's my thinking and you may opt out if you've already signed up. Here is the info. If you've already registered for Spring, please read this then post here or send me a PM and let me know if you wish to participate. New players will have the question in their registry.

The idea is so players can tie the smaller events and plots of daily life together with one another's characters without needing moderated threads. Thread tags will indicate what level of transparency exists.

• Open - Any PC can gain knowledge of the events within the thread so long as they are in the vicinity. You can't be on the lake shore and know what someone did at the Temple.
  • Pm to Join - A PC can gain the thread's IC information by submitting a PM to the author and asking. This way, the thread's originator can control what info is available. Some information should be made available in these types of quests so long as the correlations make sense.
  • Solo/Closed/Flashback - There's no guarantees for juicy tidbits but you can always send a silver-tongued message in hopes of getting a bit of news but don't get your hopes up.

This season is going to be a trial run and suggestions are welcome. Bear this in mind, as players you will not have to do anything in regards to the list other than read it if you choose. That will be my job. Information sharing is up to you entirely UNLESS you post a thread as OPEN and then it's free range. I don't know about any of you but I've lived near towns of 15000 people and it's not very big. Hopefully, this little method makes Ravok feel a bit cozier. As always, PM me with your questions or concerns though I prefer we keep this discussion public sine it involves everyone. That is all.

...for now.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on March 14th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Buzz on the Lake has been updated.

I plan on starting a modded thread soon. If we lack more participants, I may reach out and see about trying to make the events a little more personalized so be thinking about some goals for your characters. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Hwyn on March 16th, 2017, 2:06 am

alright looking forward to it, sorry for short absence back and quite full of time for posts starting tomorrow.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Baran on March 22nd, 2017, 9:31 pm

G

Hi folks,

I'm finalising a few plots, and then I'm hoping to be joining you all here! Would anyone like a thread? Baran is a musician who appreciates a beautiful face, and OOCly his writer (aka myself) is hoping to get him to know a little more about Rhysol and the city as a whole. He has migrated from Sunberth, and has a history in Kenash- if that paints any kind of picture for you.

Ravok is a very interesting city, that I'm still sinking my teeth into, so it'd be wonderful to learn more about it with any one of you. :)

G
Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on March 25th, 2017, 1:20 am

Please remember that characters which are new to the city must go here to register. The information on the page is pretty self-explanatory but I am always available for questions.

I am closing sign-ups after this weekend for several seasonal events and will begin the threads next week. Normally, I would have liked to be underway at this point but I was waiting to see if we had any more takers.

I'm really excited for some of the plots in store for you faithful few. If you have any desires for your characters, please send me a PM or post a thread request in my office. I hope you take advantage of this because there will be times when I won't be able to provide such personalized attention on this kind of scale. For some of you, we've discussed some ideas and I'm doing what I can to move that along for you. ;)

Furthermore, there are some surprises headed your way so try to keep your heads above water. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on March 25th, 2017, 5:52 pm

I have moved the Buzz on the Lake to its own thread so that it's easier to find.

Endrykas has its striders, Syliras has its knights and Alvadas has her illusions but here in Ravok- we have the secrets. ;)
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on April 2nd, 2017, 3:35 pm

The Buzz has been updated.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Artigan Crowley on April 9th, 2017, 6:25 am

Hey Ravokians!

I'm still working on my CS, but I'd just like to drop by and let you all know that I will be joining you in this wonderful city sometime in the next day or so and am looking forward to getting involved here. Though I can't thread until I have all Artigan's details worked out, I would love to plot!
Artigan Crowley
Player

Words: 39574
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on April 12th, 2017, 12:04 am

The Buzz on the Lake has been updated.

I have also added a new development thread just for Holidays. This will run through the end of the month. You wanted more festivals/parties/holidays...
this is your chance. Please read the directions and have fun.

Prophet has spoken.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext