OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Gossamer on July 17th, 2017, 10:51 pm

I'm so over this Character Registry. This might be the last season you have to fill one out... especially since I saw a ton of code errors in everyone's posts. Even after editing 19 of them, I couldn't chase out the problem. So after two hours... yet again more wasted time... I just deleted the whole thread in frustration and reposted it. Feel free to fill it out again or at least make a shout out that you are alive. This time I'll let you talk about anything you want in the char registry so long as you post there. Don't use code. Please for the love of all things sane.

Thank you.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm

I'm still alive!
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on July 23rd, 2017, 11:21 pm

I had a quick question.

Kavala is interested in purchasing The Sapphire Star in Riverfall. It's a ladies club. This would be a place for women to gather only and would serve light snacks, wine, all kinds of beverages and have entertainment geared towards females. It could be a gathering place for a potential book club, crafting parties, and perhaps even guest lecturers and somewhat more adult type entertainment.

If she does this she doesn't have time to manage it or even run it. She just wants to fund it as a silent patron. Is anyone interested in a business like this and would be willing to run it as a general manager? You'd have to deal with women, preferably be a woman, and be around for any entertainment. This might even evolve into a brothel. We'll see where the cards fall.

If anyone is interested pm me. The location is underused and the ladies of RF could use a nice ladies hangout to be at in regards to socializing away from the boys.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2017, 5:46 pm

HI Folks.

Just a quick update on notes. The Calendars for my cities might be late this year. Most of you don't know this but since the big Eclipse here in the US (which I spent in the ER) I've been sick off and on. Mostly its been chest pains and breathing problems to the point where I can't... anyhow I'm fine. It's not my heart. It's just my lungs... to the point I took a vacation for the end of August... canceled grandiose travel plans.. and stayed at home recovering.

I'm a bit better and I don't go back to work until Tues... but I don't have the calendar's done and I don't anticipating having them up for a day or two.

I also want to start taking thread nominations for the rp's that happened this season. I know there were quite a few. I'd also like some feedback on themes before I post my ideas for this season.

You can post that here, but please PM me the nominations you have. That way I can keep them private. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF. I will give prizes to the winners. A list of the types of nominations are found on the Calendar thread. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on September 5th, 2017, 6:11 am

I feel like I should preemptively apologise for the essay you may receive some time in the next 24 hours in regards to the Sakel threads (it took a while to filter through them) and nominations. :D
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Thank you for those that turned in their thread nominations. I really appriciate that you did that and took the time. One person.... one.... wrote an in depth list of who they wanted nominated for what. Another person just nominated a single name, though.

It's discouraging.

This is particularly true based on the fact that several ST's approached me last season and felt I did too big of things in RF that was designed to lure players here rather than elsewhere.... I felt incredibly bad about that because what I'm doing here is not something they aren't allowed to do elsewhere. They just don't. I don't see seasonal themes as a competition between STs. I see them as an ST trying to make a city more unique with a voice of its own based on what is going on.

So if I get 2 nomination posts (one amazing with time put into it) out of the twenty some players here, that tells me that no one is interested in any sort of thread awards or has time to sit down and either read other threads or care about doing the nominations. And that tells me that no one is really interested in seasonal themes or a unique flare of a city either. It's basically why I've had zero motivation to put any sort of calendar up. IT's also why I've had zero motiation to work on or even design any quests. I started one a couple of seasons ago, but getting people to post to it was rough... and after waiting a week then two ... you just loose motivation as a moderator.

So I have no idea what to do. I love storytelling. I make deals with people all the time.... you post X frequently and I'll post X frequently... and they do Y... which is ignore the thread etc.

Then they tend to come back months later and ask that someone else take it over... after THEY broke the deal. *laughs* Yea. Seriously. I am so over it its not even funny. I'd yell at someone but there's no one to yell at that seemingly cares.

I'm so ready to throw in the towel that its not funny. The only purpose I feel like I serve on this site these days is to log on, delete the spam from the russians, and ban all the current .ru people in the middle of creating said spam. I can't even find any pleasure in my PCs because partners vanish.

So.... unless someone can convince me that any of this is fun, means anything to the players, and they actually appreciate it.... I'm not going to be doing it anymore.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on September 10th, 2017, 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry I got busy and didn't have the time to do that this weekend. I had to go down and spend the weekend with my mom cause she just had plastic surgery. If it's not closed I will work on getting them ready tonight. If it is closed do excuse my absence on it and for the season. This virus is kicking my butt
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 18th, 2017, 12:00 am

Since its 17 days into the season and no one seems to care there isn't a calendar, I'm not going to do one. Thanks for all the feedback. *laughs* Meaning I got ZERO.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on September 18th, 2017, 1:05 am

Sorry Goss,
I was waiting patiently hoping you were well IRL.
S~*
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Balian Martell on September 18th, 2017, 2:38 am

Hello every one.

I want to apologies for my sudden disappearance. I had hoped to be able to finally start writing steadily on Miz again, however unfortunately my summer had become alot less stable than I had originally planned. Its not an excuse, just an explanation. If we were threading I should have sent you a message, however if I am to be honest it got pushed back down my priority list, so for that I apologies to you directly.

I'll be sending out messages to those of you I was writing with shortly.

I'm finally settled in the city where I should be living the next year, so I should be able to start writing again at a regular frequency.

Again, sorry for the ghost act, and happy writing!
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal