Syka Submissions - NPCs, Locations, Ideas, Etc

If you'd like to submit ideas for Syka, please post them here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Syka's Developmental Forum. Feel free to post any and all ideas within this forum.

Moderator: Gossamer

Syka Submissions - Locations, Ideas, Etc

Postby Ashka on September 10th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Thank you!
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Jaylani Rae on September 20th, 2017, 4:40 am

My residence submission for Jaylani. Let me know if I need to make any changes. I would love any help with graphics as it looks rather plain to me, but it is not required. Thanks Goss! :)

Jaylani Rae has claimed a spot of five acres on the tip of the peninsula that juts out just across from Solitude Isle near where the Syka Commons are located.

The acreage is mostly made up of white sandy beach, but does stretch back into the jungle about an acre or so just beyond where the main encampment has been set up. Found at the very end of the acreage plot within the jungle to act as a sort of boundary marker there is a small freshwater spring that is full the majority of the year and teaming with life. The occupant of the acreage has not ventured far enough into the jungle as of yet to realize that this stream exists, but it is there to be discovered whenever she or another goes far enough in the jungle to find it.

The most noticeable thing about Seashell Beach (and the reason for its name) is the mass amount of seashells that its occupant has gone to great lengths to collect from the beach itself and arrange around her camp in decoration. Shells of all sorts both whole and broken encircle the fire pit that had been dug into the beach a third of the way down the beach from where the living quarters are located. Mostly broken shells can be found on top of the soil in each and every pot of plants the mixed blood owns. Within her living quarters the shells have found their way to just being scattered about her floor. The very best ones have made their way into her backpack to be saved for something special. Then of course there are all the shells left just in the sand by nature, it is only a matter of time before these are found and picked up as well.

The main encampment can be found just along the jungle border and is a made up of a very simple, four-person, tent that Jaylani purchased before moving to Syka. The tent itself is nothing special and could be considered as being rather shabby. Jaylani does not care for she does not spend much time within the tent itself. Within the tent, a visitor would be able to clearly see that Jaylani does not give much care to appearances or order. Her belongings are thrown to wherever they land and are left. She has a crate to one side where food is kept and her tools for finding said food is often found at the opposite side of the tent. There is no sense of organization or order within the tent, but the mixed blood does not seemed phased by this.

As of Fall 517, Jaylani has taken to keeping things like those fishing supplies an her extra length of rope outside when she is not around due to have a rambunctious and untrained wild kitten living with her. An unused winter blanket has been tied up with a fifty foot length of rope to the ceiling to cut the tent in half in attempt to contain said kitten. How well this will work as the kitten grows and regains health remains to be seen. On one side of this makeshift barrier can be found the majority of Jaylani’s belongs. Her sleeping area, made up of only a simple bedroll, has been put against the wall of the tent with her food crate at the foot of the bedroll. The rest of the things are left wherever they ended up when she shifted things around. On the other side of the barrier there are some seashells for the kitten to play with along with a set up for food and water that Jaylani refills as often as needed.

Outside of the living quarters things are not much better. On the left side of the tent can be found a wood stack. More accurately, a pile of wood with pieces varying from small twigs to large pieces of driftwood. Opposite that, on the right side of the tent anything that could possibly function as a home for a plant has been made into a pot with a plant put in it. Some of the various herbs Jaylani has planted are young and thriving, others never got a chance to live due to overwatering or lack of proper living conditions. Everything seems to linger in some stage of chaos and the garden is no exception. As mentioned before, in the dirt of each pot can be found many pieces of fragmented shells. There is no rhyme or reason to how the plants have been set up and only memory of what the seeds were when planted serve as a guide to tell Jaylani which pot holds what plant. It is kind of a mess, but, well, Jaylani Rae is a bit of a mess so in a weird way it all just kind of works. For the time being anyway.

Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on November 3rd, 2017, 9:25 pm

Jaylani Rae - This is completely great! Would you like a fancy title or maybe some sort of image? I think you'd be better for picking out an image but if you send me a link I can size it and make it work for your post. I can make the fancy title fit the color scheme and or image if you decide to pick one.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jaylani Rae on November 30th, 2017, 5:17 am

Goss - So sorry its taken me so long to get back on this, rl got unexpectedly busy. Anyway, I would love a header and/or image to go with it! I was able to find one image that I like here that goes with the idea of Lani's home. Whatever you think looks best for the colors on the header. I like the colors in the image, but I'm unsure if everything will tie together well with the boxcode colors as they currently are.
Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Satevis on January 19th, 2018, 4:49 am

My submission! (Note that technically this is between 5 and 6 on the map, but there's nothing in 6, so I'm naming Uta's Place).

Starlit Strand

Satevis has claimed five acres between the Panacea and Uta's Place and across from the Solitude Isle. This area is about half beachfront, with one quarter of it given over to the sparse trees at the fringes of the jungle and the last quarter within the jungle itself. While Satevis has technically claimed all five acres, he has not yet explored the last quarter of jungle. A small stream winds its way along the area where the trees get thicker, providing Satevis with a small source of fresh water. No house has been built on the property just yet, although the ground where the house will eventually be has been measured off and cleared.

At the moment, Satevis resides in a four-person tent, draped in insect netting and pitched just at the edge of the shaded area, looking out at the ocean. The tent is situated in such a way that, when sitting inside with the flap open and the insect netting down, Satevis can look out to sea. The beachfront provides Satevis with a fantastic view of the night sky on clear nights. It faces east, so Satevis can watch the moon rise over Solitude Island.

Most of his personal supplies are inside the tent, with a couple of crates on the property for food and other necessary supplies. An area near the stream has been cleared so that Satevis can practice Reimancy without worrying about setting anything on fire.

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 21st, 2018, 3:20 pm

Satevis, yours is approved. :) Feel free to post it in the game and I will add it to the linkmap.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anibesa on January 21st, 2018, 8:19 pm

Sorry this took so long to put together. I hope it's okay for Ani's claim, but if there's anything you want me to change, please just let me know :)

Anibesa claimed a piece of land that lays between the Tidepool Bar and the Panacea, running from the edge of the sea back into the jungle, though she hasn’t set much into the deep jungle, only having briefly been to the fringe of the jungle to gather wood. She isn’t entirely sure what types of woods their are, but there are a few bamboos and a few other trees and plants that she thinks she can utilise somehow. Anibesa is mostly hoping to find some fruit bearing trees at some point once she gathers the confidence to fully explore the jungle in her claim.

There is a tent set up on the beach, far enough up it to avoid getting wet in the case of any abnormally high tides, but far enough from the jungle to keep her feeling safe at night. The tent opening facing the sea so she can watch it from within the shelter of her tent, and at the opening is a hole dug out of the sea where she lights fires.
No permanent structure has been set up yet, but there are lines drawn in the sand nearer to the jungle showing where she wants to build her residence, though these change every so often when Anibesa has a change of heart.

Aside from these lines and the makeshift firepit, Anibesa’s claim seems to be kept fairly tidy, though this is likely because Anibesa prefers to keep all of her equipment crammed into her tent, leaving her with very little space inside the tent.
Because of this, Anibesa tends to only sleep in her tent, using the rest of her claim for her daily activities.
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 21st, 2018, 8:43 pm

Approved. Glad I could bully you into it!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anibesa on January 21st, 2018, 9:29 pm

So sorry that took so long Goss
Thank you for the approval
I’ve posted it in game now, hope that’s okay :)
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bay'Lin La on January 21st, 2018, 10:39 pm

Let me know what you think.

Bay'lin Reef

Bay'lin has claimed five acres of land located just past the standing stones along the northeast end of the maw just near Sharktooth Point. The standing stones along the shore block the amazing view of the ocean, but they do serve to keep the reefs behind them safe that linger just beneath the waters surface in the area even at low tide.

Bay'lin chose this area since he has plans to build the reefs up along the back of the rocks to make his future home out of the coral itself. This location offering him the chance to make a home that's half submerged with a level underwater. Bay'lin then plans on turning the area in front of the stone into a seahorse stable or coral dock.

The remaining land leading from the beach back into the jungle is also his, which he'll explore at a later date. But since he is a Charoda, most of his interests resides close to the waters edge.
ImageAs it currently stands, Bay'lin erected a four person tent along the available sands just to the left of the standing stones in an area able to freely look out towards the sea. Next to his tent is a barrel that he routinely fills with fresh fish for anyone in Syka who wishes to buy them.

Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext