OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Winter 517 AV

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Winter 517 AV

Postby Satevis on January 15th, 2018, 3:04 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Satevis
Age, Sex, Race? 10, M, Ethaefal (Leth)
Describe your character in a short abstract? Satevis is a scholar at heart. A pious, polite, somewhat introverted man who is innately curious about anything and everything, even topics better left alone. He's kind, and cares about helping other people, but also cares about doing things right. He still clings to the belief that his return to Mizahar was meant for a greater purpose, and is constantly trying to find what that might be.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? New Resident here!
What are your favorite types of threads? I really like threads that delve into the meat of who a character is, twisting and challenging them in new ways. I love threads that force me to change my character, and also threads that make me learn new things about my characters.
What types of threads do you despise? Meet and greets that don't know when to end. Social threads are fine, but sometimes, they go on for long enough that they circle back to where they started.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? As an old character that I'm still reestablishing and getting a feel for again, I think I'd just like to see Satevis get settled this season and see where that goes. I'd like to see him feel personally more invested in Syka as the season goes on.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? An adventure that ends in something gained and changed for each character, and potentially one that has a bit of a magical, fantastical feel.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka is a new settlement, so its biggest strength seems to be its promise. Anything can happen here, and the city can become anything. It's biggest weakness is it's newness, as it isn't quite established yet and depends a lot on the activity of the players.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Never been modded by you before, but I'm looking forward to the chance!
Additional Comments: Satevis is a character that I loved in college that I stopped playing because my summer internship got way busy. Super excited to see where this goes!

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bay'Lin La on January 21st, 2018, 8:22 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Bay'lin La

Age, Sex, Race? 40, Male, Charodae

Describe your character in a short abstract? A nihilist who's greatest goals are to find something within the nothing of the Void.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident. Permanent.

What are your favorite types of threads? Anything.

What types of threads do you despise? Those which lack any type of plot or story progression.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
I'd enjoy seeing Bay'lin grow obsessed with something or someone in the city.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
One where all characters involved uncover a horrifying truth that alters their views of the world or a belief.

Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tailyn on January 24th, 2018, 12:55 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Tailyn

Age, Sex, Race? 25, Female, Inarta Human

Describe your character in a short abstract? A emotional former hunter with a ridiculous lover for parrots.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Yes

What are your favorite types of threads? Relationship threads building relationship between characters, adventure threads, something that helps me develop my character

What types of threads do you despise? Slow paced stories where nothing happens

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want to see Tai get settled and start building towards her dream

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? An adventure that everyone builds together

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka is unique because it's allowing the players to do so much for it. Rather than it having a template, we're creating the template. But in this way, the are could also have a lack of structure . HOWEVER this is still my first season and I will have more insights next season

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I'll let you know after I've been here longer!

Additional Comments: N.A.
Tailyn
Crazy Parrot Lady

Words: 87326
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2018, 10:28 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alona Halloran on January 24th, 2018, 2:36 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Alona Halloran
Age, Sex, Race? 17, female, human
Describe your character in a short abstract? A young Zeltivan craftswoman with a love for creation and adventure.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? A new Resident!
What are your favorite types of threads? Any thread that gives the PC a chance to improve and learn new skills.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that dissolve into mindless social chatter.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like to see Alona get to know people, adjust to independence and learn to hunt for herself.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A unexpected and hilarious adventure that fosters bonds between strangers, and is too strange for the average person to believe at face value.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? From my limited perspective, I think its concept as a blossoming region is both its greatest strength and weakness. It's a new frontier with endless possibilities, which can liven up old plots! But it's also a region with a small population and a lack of utilities, which does require a different kind of plotting than a place with more technology and people. Though, this would probably be more accurately called a stepping stone than a true weakness.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I haven't been around long enough to comment.
Additional Comments:
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nieve Glass on January 29th, 2018, 4:09 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nieve 'Evie' Glass

Age, Sex, Race: 2, Female, Kelvic (Yowlwing)

Describe your character in a short abstract: A young Kelvic new to Syka, Evie is seeking both her place in the world and her bondmate.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?: Nieve is a new resident.

What are your favorite types of threads?: Anything with mystery or intrigue is always really fun!

What types of threads do you despise?: Job threads; even when the job is interesting, writing them can be tedious, especially when you're having trouble coming up with ideas.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?: I'd just like to see Nieve settle into Syka before winter's end.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given): I think something with a fair bit of mystery and adventure; it would be so fun to explore the jungles and ruins. Finding cool stuff and getting into danger is always great!

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?: I think a strength is definitely how active Syka is; everyone posts a lot, which is awesome. I'd love to see more people get involve with the quests, though.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?: It's a bit hard to say since I've never played in any of your cities, so I don't have firsthand experience. It would be cool to see more one-on-one moderated threads I think, but I know you're already quite busy and it also depends on people requesting them.

Additional Comments: I don't know how much I'll be able to post before season change, but I'm excited to get started in Syka!
Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Raglov on February 22nd, 2018, 2:30 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Name's Raglov
Age, Sex, Race? Kelvic, Male, 3 years old
Describe your character in a short abstract?
A happy going person who enjoys interacting with other. A big fan of wondering in the wilds and hunting dangerous beasts. Probably will spend most of his time in the jungle doing all sorts of things.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident
What are your favorite types of threads? Hunting,exploration
What types of threads do you despise? nothing in particular
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? him getting his shit done maybe find a bondmate, open a leatherworking shop(after learning leatherworking) and simply enjoy his stay.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? uh maybe like a 15 day thread about being in jungle
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? can't really say much for now
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? can't comment on it for now
Additional Comments: Will be applying for job very soon
Raglov
Player

Words: 2933
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous