OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

Postby Nieve Glass on March 1st, 2018, 4:46 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nieve 'Evie' Glass
Age, Sex, Race? 2, Female, Kelvic
How does your PC make a living? She's a potter! (Still have to apply for the job though...)

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Wilderness survival (if low): check, weapon skill: check, trade skill: check!
Describe your character in a short abstract? A young, energetic Kelvic with a knack for sniffing out secrets, Nieve has settled into Syka to try and find her place in the world.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident

What are your favorite types of threads? Things that take unexpected turns!
What types of threads do you despise? Social threads that go in circles.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? The thread is still in progress, but last season Evie found a bondmate; I'm hoping to explore how that is going to affect her.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A group exploration into some ruins in the jungle, probably. Danger, mystery, rewards; the whole shebang.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? One of Syka's strengths is definitely the player base and how active they are. I think the fact that the settlement is so new is both a weakness and a strength, because it leaves a lot to be discovered; which can be overwhelming, but so fun.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Honestly there's nothing I can think of right now!
Additional Comments: Super excited for this season! I'm definitely going to be getting Nieve more into the plot this time.
Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tailyn on March 1st, 2018, 6:08 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Tailyn, Called Tai (Mainly by herself)

Age, Sex, Race?
25, Female, Human Inarta

How does your PC make a living?
Tai catches, tames, raises, trains and sells parrots

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?
Tai has okay wilderness survival skills and combat abilities, although they could be better (and hopefully will get better this upcoming season!). Her keeping and training of parrots is useful to Syka, and in time they'll be able to be used as scouts as well.

Describe your character in a short abstract?
An intense, fiery, extremely focused businesswoman with an incredible love for parrots.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?
Yes

What are your favorite types of threads?
I like threads where I can explore the relationship dynamics between characters. Dialogue is one of my favorite things to write and I love being able to weave dialogue with others. That said I also like threads where stuff happens.

What types of threads do you despise?
I dislike threads where people ignore the people they're rping with or use their writing companions to further their own motivations without giving back anything in return. Threads that don't go anywhere are also boring as well. Gimme the plot!

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Tai need to get her skills up so she can start doing more stuff. I would like to finally start exploring deeper into the jungles of Syka, but I need a bit more skills before I can do that safely.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Something adventuresome where everyone worked together for a common goal and a fantastic end result.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?
Syka is unique cause it's being built from the ground up by the player base. That means the players have the means to shape it more or less however they like so long as they put the work into it. However, it's strength is also its weakness in a way. It's not nearly as fleshed out as some of the other cities, and it lacks in certain resources you could find easily elsewhere. You can't really be rich in Syka and you have to conform to a certain style of living if you want to thrive there.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?
You're doing great Goss! I'll let you notice if I see anything that needs help!

Additional Comments:
N.A.
Tailyn
Crazy Parrot Lady

Words: 87326
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2018, 10:28 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Satevis on March 2nd, 2018, 12:38 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Satevis

Age, Sex, Race? 10, Male, Ethaefal

How does your PC make a living? He is an apprentice at the Panacea.

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Unfortunately, his Wilderness Survival is severely lacking.

Describe your character in a short abstract? A thoughtful scholar who generally has good intentions, but can be a little naive and tends to get in over his head.

What are your favorite types of threads? Threads that bring out aspects of my character that even I haven't considered yet--bring on the character development!

What types of threads do you despise? Any thread that doesn't go anywhere. I'm alright with social threads and meet-and-greets, but if we're repeating the same things we said on the last page, the thread should end.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Satevis needs to get off his butt and start learning Wilderness Survival. Also, I'd love to see him learn more Medicine.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Hmm...probably a small-ish thread with a deep plot and enough for every character involved in the thread to contribute to the end of the story.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? I still maintain that Syka's greatest strength is its possibility, we are building the settlement from scratch. If I had to think of a weakness, it's that it isn't as well established as other cities, and in a lot of ways, the quality of the setting itself depends on the activity of other players, which could be difficult if activity drops.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You're doing great! I can't really think of anything.

Additional Comments: Happy New Year, all! Let's do this! :D

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ialari Pythone on March 2nd, 2018, 3:06 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ialari Pythone Pitrius
Age, Sex, Race? 48, Female, Isur
How does your PC make a living? Offering services as a Poisoncrafter to the Panacea and Uta to aid in creating remedies.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Yes
Describe your character in a short abstract? A female isurian wizard with a black, metallic arm decorated in multiple marks of gnosis from Izurdin. Typically dresses in black loincloths and chest wraps and carries one or more daggers. She suffers from a number of mental and spiritual abnormalities including an odd obsession with serpents, periodic emotional near-outbursts among other things.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? A Resident
What are your favorite types of threads? Just about any kind
What types of threads do you despise? Threads where nothing happens (no conflict or other driving story elements)
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Ialari will reconnect with her Dominion and expand on and blend her Poison and Philtering talents. Also, getting to know more PCs in Syka will help her evolve.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A grand quest involving gods, monsters and magic where the PCs choices lead to pathetic deaths or heroic deeds.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka's size and simplicity allow for an endless supply of possibilities. PCs have the chance to build and grow a settlement into to a city. Its isolation and very nature, make Syka a place of everlasting wonder.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Patience is a Virtue
Additional Comments: Can't wait to get this season started.
Last edited by Ialari Pythone on March 2nd, 2018, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nya Winters on March 2nd, 2018, 3:20 am

Character Registry

Character Registry

Nya Winters

Age, Sex, Race?

10, Female Kelvic

Leatherworker potentially transitioning into a Ranger.

Yes, indeed! High WS, Skillsets to contribute to the community, and magic.

Nya is a PC that is looking to start over. Unbonded, suffering from a violent history, she's reinventing herself and healing in Syka.

I'm definitely a resident.

I like any sort of thread that MOVES. If you post once a week or once every couple of weeks I will get bored with it and really not have any interest in it. If you are a fast poster and like a wide variety of threads, I'm definitely someone you may want to post with.

The dreaded 'Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I'm sooo busy irl!!!' kind of thread. Shit or get off the pot. Don't start threads if you can't move them along. I feel a little hypocritical saying this since there are a few threads I haven't been hitting actively here. But, for the most part I am a fast poster when I'm interested in the thread or the PCs in the thread.

I would like Nya to become more confident around people. I would even love it if she could find someone to bond with.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?

I want adventure! I'd love to be doing a good old fashioned dungeon crawl D&D style.

I'm biased so I can't really answer this question. However, that being said, I think Syka's strength is that it has such a vast potential for storytelling and potlines. There's literally something here for everyone. If you aren't a lazy rper and want every story force fed to you, you can really go any direction you want. Micro? Macro? Any type of plot is possible.

Stop being such a bitchy douche bag.

Additional Comments:

If anyone is interested in meeting a Talderian Forest Cat Kelvic, please let me know and we can thread!

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Jade Laken on March 2nd, 2018, 4:30 am

Character Registry

Jade Laken
Age, Sex, Race?
24, female, Drykas
potter
I believe so. I am going to continue working on them more this season
Jade is a young drykas looking to make her name in the world. She left her family early in life, and has learned many hard lessons in trust and fear.
resident
I am not super picky about what kind of threads my pc participates in
super long meet and greets that lead to nothing in the end
I would like to see Jade grow more confident in herself and more comfortable with her new home. The jungle freaks her out because it so different from anything, she has dealt with in the past
Describe your idea of a dream thread?
I would love for Jade to join in an investigation the next time it comes around. Mystery and intrigue has been my hearts love for many years.
The openness is I believe Syka's greatest strength. It allows all kinds of players to migrate there and not have to spend an entire season changing skills to fit that area. I am not really sure of its weakness. I have never been one to contrasts cities to each other.
I think you have done amazing this past season between work, real life, running the whole site and running two cities. I am very impressed with how well you manage everything.
Additional Comments:
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on March 2nd, 2018, 5:11 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nayato

Age, Sex, Race? 35, male, Chaktawe

Wilderness guide, with a soon to be interest in herbalist endeavors.

Competent WS & Competent bow skill to aid in hunting.

A desert dweller with an interest in mysticism seeking to aid others while still trying to become a true knight.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Visiting, either two seasons or permanent.

All of them. I'm very easy to please.

The one sided type of thread where only one person does all the story progression and heavy lifting.

Do something truly heroic. And also dive deeper into his Spiritism.

If everyone posted fast? A good old fashion boss battle with epic teamwork.

Strength is its resource loaded. Its weakness is it lacks the industry to utilize it at the moment.

By doing better... gosh.

Additional Comments:
I'll mostly be doing lots of thread in the jungle. If those sound interesting to you, pm me for an exploration thread. Btw, Baylin the Charoda went to Alvadas.

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anuk on March 2nd, 2018, 10:25 am

Character Registry

PC Name & Alias': Anuk
Age, Sex, Race? 1, female, kelvic lion
How does your PC make a living? Currently Anuk is reapplying with the founder's as a Pearl Diver, having found more enjoyment in swimming rather than in traipsing in the jungles. Anuk hopes to export pearls and pretty shells to Riverfall.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? I believe so! Wilderness survival 25, Hunting 10, Navigation 10, Spear 5. This season Anuk will focus on swimming, diving, scavenging & kopis.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Anuk has an aloof, independent casing, while within for those she trusts is a warm, sociable side. She's brave, insightful & intense. A barely grown-up cub who's looking for her place in a big Mizahar, likely to get herself, and anyone who keeps company with her, into trouble!
Are you a Resident? Yes, I'll get Anuk's land designed soon!
What are your favorite types of threads? Investigative adventure, magical mystery, social threads that forge character dynamics, anything that gets to the meat of a character!
What types of threads do you despise? Ones with no room for surprises or twists.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd just like her to settle into her fur, she's a bit awkward & uncomfortable with herself right now.
Describe your idea of a dream thread? An investigation into the wilderness and discovering something mythical or magical. Definitely in the right place, I just need to be bold with my writing!
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strengths, again, I believe is the moderator's and the players' passion for making the settlement a community, both OOC and IC. I like the plot point challenges this season! Weaknesses: you got'a be a fast poster!
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You're doing a fine job! I love the minimalist vibe of the calendar this season.
Additional Comments: I better get posting!

Last edited by Anuk on March 3rd, 2018, 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anuk
Player

Words: 13460
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anibesa on March 2nd, 2018, 10:27 am

Character Registry

Anibesa - goes by Ani
Age, Sex, Race?
56/57, Female, Ethaefal of Leth
Bartender at the tidepool bar
I believe so but they're low, so I'll be working on those this season

Overly curious Ethaefal who wants to become a brewer
Resident
Pretty much all of them as long as they have a purpose

Threads that don't contribute to development, ones where nothing really happens at all and they sit around talking about the weather

I'd like to see Ani learn that asking questions all the time does irritate people, and I'd love to see her gain more useful skills.

An exploration of the ruins in the Maw would be awesome!

[b]Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?

I'd say Syria's strengths are in how small the settlement is and therefore how almost everyone knows each other and is willing to offer help. As for weakness, it's small so there's not always what's needed there and is therefore quite dependant on its shipments from Riverfall

Honestly you're doing really great! I wouldn't be able to do anywhere near what you do!

Additional Comments:
Ani turns 57 this season, so if anyone would be interested in celebrating with her just let me know
This season in cutting back slightly on the amount of threads I'm in so I can get a few finished, but if you want a thread just message me :)
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on March 2nd, 2018, 5:16 pm

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ashka
Age, Gender, Race? 17, Female, Human (mixed)
How does your PC make a living? Weaver
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Mostly - her trade skill, fishing, construction, wilderness survival, weapon skill, but they could be higher.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Young woman protecting her sister and building a place that they fit into.
What are your favorite types of threads? Skill and exploration
What types of threads do you dislike? Romance
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Finally move into her house.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? The kind that can't be planned for, where everything just - clicks into place.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka's strength is that it is wide open to build, explore, and investigate. Its weakness is lack of people.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I have nothing I can say to you about this.
Additional Comments: As usual, I'm mostly only about on weekends. I'm a steady poster, but not a fast one.
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Next