Open Under Leth's Light

Kynier tries to rendezvous in the woods.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kynier on June 1st, 2018, 1:57 pm

The youth was about to begin another volley of cuts with his dagger when Kelski intervened. Naked once more but still holding onto the torch. Each time their adversary tried to move Kynier shifted to get around to the boy's injured side. Kelski reached out with the fire threatening to burn his face. Kynier lunged in when the boy reacted to the Kelski. With a single horizontal swipe Kynier managed to cut the distracted youth across the midsection before stepping back again.

Kelski made her own opening and set her blade between his ribs. Savagely she clung to him, ramming her blade into his exposed side. At last the boy fell. Kynier watched him as he lay on his back, shivering and moaning in pain. The boy tried to say something but it was illegible as his breath kept getting caught in his throat. With a final spasm he was still. Kynier stood there waiting for a sense of guilt, remorse, something... for having just murdered several boys. Nothing ever came as his steel gaze stared at his victim.

"Don't resist being tempered. Taking a life must become a necessity, and free of burden, for your intentions."

Kynier's thoughts were broken as he looked to Kelski. She had been splattered with blood and breathed hard. "I'm," he glanced back at the corpse, "I'm alright." Kynier looked Kelski over again. Most of the blood wasn't hers, but there was a cut on her arm that was bleeding a gentle flow. As Kelski covered herself with his cloak again Kynier kept watch on the perimeter. There had been one last boy, but if had any intelligence he would not engage them.

She began to strip the clothing off the bodies. For some reason she felt the need to apologize to him about it. After thinking on her words he guessed he understood. Not being able to have anything, would make everything feel valuable he supposed. "Take whatever would be of use. Otherwise it'll go to waste." Kynier walked over to a body Kelski had already visited. The pants had been left alone. Kynier wiped his blade off on one leg then began to cut open the other.

He tried to make it a straight cut but was unsuccessful. Kynier took out a long section of the leg just wider than his fist. Folding it over on itself lengthwise, he slide his short sword into the fold to cut it in half with a single stroke. Sheathing his sword he stood up and worked on folding the two cloths into smaller squares. As he did he turned to admire the haul Kelski had gathered. Among the daggers he saw the one he'd given her at the beginning. He reclaimed it just before she bundled it all into a second cloak she procured.

Agreeing with going back to the shore, Kelski took off at a greater pace than Kynier. Has this served a purpose? he thought. Or was it just senseless brutality? Treading softly through the woods he thought more on it. Humans were savage if left unchecked. Only when a greater savagery or power threatened them did they ever seem to recollect their civility. Was that what would become necessary?

At the wood's edge he quickened his pace. Kelski handed him back his cloak which he promptly resettled on his shoulders. As she dressed Kynier walked to the river and dipped both pieces of cloth in the water. One he left wet, the other he rang out several times until it was merely damp. Kynier smiled a little at the sound of her throat when she washed her feet. He couldn't say why, but it was a pleasing sound.

Kynier returned to the bundle with her. The Kelvic seemed to be quaking from the fight still. Kynier looked at his own hand to find it still. His pulse was rapid but his hand was steady and tremorless. When she asked what he wanted to do next he looked down the river towards the city. "Well I..." but his words stopped as her head was suddenly pressed against his chest.

He listened to the concern of her words. It made his heart sink to his stomach hearing her voice like that. With a hand he gently cradled the back of her head. Leaning his head forward his lips and the tip of his nose rested on the top of her head. It wasn't a kiss, though he considered it. Her wet hair didn't bother him as he stood there for a moment appreciating the physical contact and the smell of her hair.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," he said to the top of her head. "While I can't promise that I won't ever again, I can promise to be more careful. To be less reckless." Kynier pulled himself away enough to kiss Kelski on her forehead. When he retracted his lips he stared into her eyes for what felt like a chime. A great affection for her was brewing. What was uncertain was how to act upon it, or if he even should. Maybe it wasn't that, just having someone to be honest with, and that was bringing them closer.

"You think you're being honest with her?" the voice said rhetorically.

At that Kynier broke his gaze away. "We should..." he cleared his throat, for it felt weak, "we should get you bandaged." Kynier indicated the cut on her arm. He lowered himself to the ground and bid her to join him. He rolled up the sleeve of her injured arm and looked at the injury. Neither deep nor shallow. With one hand he held her arm up and kept it steady for him. Taking the still wet rag he gently cleaned it. Wiping away blood both wet and dry. After that he held the rag off to the side and squeezed out the remaining moisture. Dabbing at the wound to dry it off Kynier then tossed it aside.

Taking the nearly dry strip he wrapped it around the wound. A few times he was distracted by her pale skin and his eyes would drift towards her face. The image of her swimming came to mind, making his cheeks flush a little. Refocusing on the task help to remove the thought. "I look forward to a time," he said slowly, "where we can meet, and not have it involve bandages." Even if she didn't, he smiled a little at his joke.

He tied off the bandage and inspected it. It was certainly better than any of the bandages he wrapped around himself. Kynier was satisfied with it. It was then his aches settled. The rush of battle faded, leaving the exertion from swimming and sword fighting. Hunger also came into the mix. Kynier retrieved the two sacks he brought with him.

"I'm starting to feel hungry," he said. He held out the sack containing the pound of venison sausage to Kelski. "I brought some for you, if you'd like to join me."
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kelski on June 2nd, 2018, 2:26 pm

The fight wasn’t over…. and then it was.

So much had happened tonight. Kelski had taken all sorts of chances sneaking out, ones that she normally wouldn’t do. The Kelvic was a good person, obedient, not because she was boring, but because she was good at picking her fights and was determined that over time she’d prevail against the Jaren’s of the world and be successful. She’d tasted success in Lhavit and liked the pride that came with it. Here, they’d stripped her of dignity, of self-worth, of everything in the universe that had made a Kelvic like herself worth something. And yet she’d guarded her life carefully. But those free boys, those dangerous teens that lived simply to take and kill, had cared nothing for theirs, not understanding the absolute privilege of being free.

Did Kynier even understand that? Especially rushing into things that weren’t his business? It was bound to get him killed sooner or later, especially in Sunberth. And even though he’d already managed to survive a few years, Kelski wasn’t sure how.

The Kelvic was covered with blood. There was a light cut on her arm she hadn’t even realized she’d taken. The slave who had nothing recognized the riches the boys possessed and took them for herself and for Kynier if he chose to want some as well. Kelski wanted to be clean and dry and made it happen. She thanked Kynier as he bound her arm and stared at the wound wondering how she was going to explain it to Jaren or even Darvin. It was damning enough that they’d ask questions and if her answers weren’t good enough or if she didn’t stage some sort of accident in her workshop, they’d be suspicious of her sneaking out.

It was all too much for her. In that moment, Kelski hated Sunberth even more than she normally did. She hated the violence and absolute waste of life. She wanted peace, security, and a life worth living that didn’t involve taking others’ lives seemingly daily. Kynier’s gentle words did a lot to sooth her, so too did the slight sign of affection he left on her forehead, but in the end it didn’t change her circumstances or how the city actually was. The Kelvic relaxed under his promise, glad he didn’t give her empty words like so many others would have.

She held still quietly as he bandaged her arm. His words about looking forward to a time were there were no bandages caused her to tilt her head a moment then realize he’d been injured the first time they’d met. That caused her a slight smile, almost a laugh, if she wasn’t trying to be so quiet. It bothered her that the bodies were so close. And secretly it bothered her too that it was a literal feast laid out to someone who was constantly hungry like she was and it wasn’t anything she could partake of because of Kynier. He wouldn’t approve of her willingness to eat human flesh in a pinch because she’d had next to nothing to eat for a few days. Raw would be fine. Cooked would be delicious.

Then Kynier interrupted her thoughts with his admission of hunger.

“Thank you for the bandage. And yes, I’m very hungry.” Silently she also added…. I’m always hungry. And there is decent food just a bit away, laying wastefully in the woods.… with a glance back to where the bodies lay. Maybe she could sneak back later, perhaps tomorrow, and they’d still be there.

Kelski leaned forward, glanced at the sack, and widened her eyes. “You brought us both food?” She said almost too eagerly. Dialing back her excitement she nodded. “I would… of course I would.” The Kelvic said, watching his face to make sure it wasn’t a trick. Food was often a weapon, a tool, a thing to control slaves with.

“Let’s eat… but move from here first.” She said, turning to walk away, beckoning him to follow. She led him down the coast, near the edge of the park, where there were stone outcroppings overlooking the water and less likelihood of running into people. They settled on smooth river worn rock where they could see almost anyone approach but had a rock outcropping up against their backs. It sheltered them from the wind and from eyes that might be looking for easy targets in the night.

“I’ll have to explain this cut. My Master won’t like it. It looks like a knife wound too… he’ll know it is. I might not be able to sneak out for a while.” Kelski was certain, in that moment, that she wouldn’t see Kynier again. It would be too dangerous to sneak out if Jaren was even remotely suspicious of her. And if Jaren found out who she was sneaking out to see, he would arrange for Kynier’s death. It wasn’t that Kelski was important. It was just that Jaren was possessive. “I occupy his spare room, you see… my owner. He has a suite and then one spare room off that suite and that he’s converted into a workshop for me. I sleep there in a wardrobe and work most days for him. He doesn’t let me go outside much. Unless he’s out about the town during festivals or otherwise occupied, he stays at home and entertains. I can’t go through his rooms when he’s in them and even now getting back in will require me to wait until he’s deeply asleep today…. He’s up most nights and sleeps all day.” She wasn’t trying to feed him a ‘woe is me’ story. And in fact, this might have been things she’d told him before. She just wanted to explain why she might not be able to meet him again for a while.

“He’s not the kind of man you want to draw attention to yourself with. Even though he isn’t much personally, he has an entire gang behind him. Me being here will do that with you – put his attention on you if he finds out. He’s very very good with a blade.” She said softly, worried, knowing now she’d stay away from Kynier because of that fact. Things had to change for her before she could be anyone’s friend. It had been stupid agreeing to meet him. Kelski hadn’t obviously thought things through.

“Did you see any gang signs on those men?” They weren’t teens to her, being far older than she herself was. They were just as adult as Kynier in Kelski’s mind. Human ages always confused her anyhow. She thought more in terms of being a Kelvic. “Hopefully that one that took off didn’t see us well or know who we were and couldn’t recognize us again since it was dark.” She said, starting to worry now. Everything had repercussions in Sunberth. She just wasn’t sure what these would be. Maybe she shouldn’t keep the clothing…. would someone recognize it? She thought the items looked very generic… but maybe she was wrong. The Kelvic chewed on her bottom lip and glanced at the bundle of clothing she had taken.

No… she’d leave it. Standing up, she pitched it into the river. The action making her feel immediately better.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kynier on June 3rd, 2018, 4:35 am

Kelski's reaction to his offer of food amused him. It was the way her eyes lit up, as well as the change in her voice. All too soon she reigned in her emotions and accepted his offer. He smiled at her and gave her the pound of sausage. Kynier had no argument against eating elsewhere. When he stood up he quickly looked around to make sure they hadn't left anything. He elected to carry the bundle of loot with him as Kelski led the way.

As they walked Kynier kept an eye on the tree line. He would prefer to have no more surprises befall them. As they moved to a more secluded section of the park he relaxed his watch. Kelski found an outcropping of rocks that provided good shelter. He set the bundle down and joined her for their late meal. The balanced ration was not tasteful in the least. But when he took a bite of it he felt better.

Kynier ate slowly as Kelski talked of her injury. He hadn't considered how difficult it was for her to get time away for her situation. For a fleeting instant he was happy to know that she had taken the effort, but that faded. When it did he really listened to what she was saying. It made sense. But he really didn't like it. Kynier wasn't sure how he felt about her making it sound dangerous for him. Kelski could be saying that just to make it easier for him to let it go. No. A trait of her's that he appreciated was her tendency to be more brutally honest than other people. That meant she thought he would be endangered by affiliating with her.

Though he hadn't finished his ration, he lost his appetite and let his hand hand loosely over a knee as he stared out across the water. The water was nearly still in the calm night. Kynier sat in silence as he thought about how they could make it work. He kept his gaze off the Kelvic as his mind worked. A long silence must have passed. Her next question was a good one, though unrelated to their last conversation.

"No," he said with a low tone. "They were probably just a few people watching each other's backs in the city." It was easy to tell by his tone that that wasn't what he was really thinking about, even as he said it. "I wouldn't worry about the last one. I doubt we could find him, or that he could find us." His words must've had little comfort to them. Kelski stood up and pitched the bundle of clothes into the water. It surprised Kynier out of his train of thought. The value she had placed on those simple possessions, and she just discarded them.

"They would reminder her of you. And she doesn't want that. This creature wants to forget you."

Kynier nearly told him to "shut it" aloud, but caught himself. He didn't want to believe that, but he could see the reasoning behind it. For a moment Kynier just stared at her with uncertainty. From the mere glimpses she described her master and guard didn't treat her like a living being. The ramifications of this adventure would cost her greatly. Distancing himself could be a temporary safeguard. It was a struggle of wants and needs they were in. Kynier knew what he wanted, but not what was needed. Before tonight's end he would have to make a decision.

To him it seemed as though they needed each other. They were providing some type of connection that the other was longing for. Was it just because it was a forbidden action? She was a slave capable of very few choices. Under the heels of cruel men. Kynier recalled the question he wanted to ask earlier. Now it would seem more like a desperation, and devoid of the intent it would've had earlier. Kelski admitted that she wouldn't be able to see him for a while. How long would that be though? And once she could, how was he to know?

By chance they had met. And now chance was forcing them to part.

Kynier stood up and walked up to stand beside Kelski. He tossed his unfinished ration into the water lazily. "It isn't what I want, but it doesn't seem that you can afford the risk," he said quietly. Kynier was looking at her peripherally and not in the eyes. Revisting more thoughts from earlier, he felt certain that this would be the last time he saw her. Before she dies. That thought felt like a weight on his gut. What he needed was some form of hope about it, even if it was false.

"In the Seaside Market district there's a tavern. 'No Man's Land Tavern', where you could leave a message for me. Should the situation improve enough to..." his voice trailed off and his gaze fell. It was unlikely.

Forcing himself to look up into her gray eyes, he tried to think of something more to say. He had never done farewells, nor had the chance. Now that one was upon him Kynier found himself uncertain of what to do or say. A moment passed with his voice caught in his throat with nothing coming to mind.

"Nothing more to be said. Leave the creature."

Breaking his gaze away he started walking slowly down the coast. His chest was hurting and his breathing shallow. Quickly he thought about what he was doing. If it was right, or if there was a better way. All other options semed too dangerous. But what could he do and have the least regret?

He hadn't taken many steps before he stopped. There was only one thing he could think of. Kynier turned around and walked back to Kelski, His brow furrowed. When he stood before her he stopped. His hazel eyes focused on her dark lips as he leaned in. Kynier gave her a short soft kiss on her lips. If she refused the gesture he would apologize. But for an instant his uncertainty had vanished. Somehow he felt pulled to her even as he brought his face away from hers. If he never saw her again, he could at least move on without regretting that, whatever its outcome. Kynier turned away again to return to the city.
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kelski on June 3rd, 2018, 3:29 pm

Kelski’s emotions were all over the place. Part of it was because of the fight. Life and death seemed to awake things in her that her mundane life in Jaren’s dark spare room didn’t rouse. She’d felt more alive today than she’d felt for two seasons, even in the fights and training Darvin had set up for her. Meeting this man had been very good for her. He was good for her. And she hoped, in the very least, she could see him again when her throat wasn’t collared and when she had nothing to offer him.

For right now, she had truly nothing for him other than stolen time and the potential to bring him a great deal of trouble.

They sat and ate quietly. Kynier seemed to understand though, what she said, even as she had one of the best meals she’d had in a fortnight. She ate slowly, wincing slightly as he tossed his unfinished ration into the sea. Those who were hungry never wasted, never wanted, and while seeing someone throw away good food hurt something inside her, it also made her realize he’d never been in her position or extremely poor and for that she was glad. She kept eating, watching him approach. She listened to his words about the market…and the tavern. Its name she memorized. “No Man’s Land”.

Kelski watched him with wide quicksilver eyes, swallowing the last of her sausage, her stomach full – maybe overly so – and in that moment knew she would miss him more than she’d ever missed anyone else who’d ever breezed through her life. And she wanted him…. in a way she couldn’t describe even to herself. It was like tendrils of her soul became physical and reached out to him, wrapping around him, trying to entwine with him to bind her to him. Her lips parted in an ‘oh’ as she felt herself do it, felt herself try to make a connection to him. And she could almost see something similar in him, something unseen but utterly felt reach out to her and try to draw her towards him. This was a magic she didn’t understand but her Kelvic soul sung too and everything in her screaming yes, demanding this, wanting it… and had Kynier been watching with his auristics he would have seen how very real it was to his djed infused eyes. Both of them lit up and an almost tangible offering of servitude, gratitude, loyalty and love emitted from the Kelvic and tried to wrap itself around him.

But she wasn’t that weak person. Three years wasn’t a long time to walk the earth, but she knew what allowing herself to complete something so beautiful with him would mean. His life would be at risk. She’d take stupid chances just to see him, to please him, to make sure he was alright and had what he needed. She’d give anything to wrap around him and feel his energy entwine with hers and crawl inside his mind and allow him total access to hers. But if Jaren ever found out…. and it would be hard to hide because a Kelvic without their person was an empty depressed shell. Then he’d hunt the person that had the audacity to bond with his property and end them if he could find them.

Kelski would never risk Kynier like that. He deserved so much more than what she was.

The Sea Eagle ruthlessly clamped down on her instinct and pulled back all that energy that was reaching for him like unseen arms outstretched, and it was so painful so staggering she almost cried out aloud. Kelski knew…. she just knew…. that had she allowed those tendrils of power to slide from her and reach for him, he would have reached back, and the bond would have formed as a solid intensely powerful thing. It was all Kelski didn’t know she’d ever wanted. He would have known then, immediately and intensely, how much she wanted to be with him. How she would never try and get away from him if it wasn’t her way of keeping him safe. He would have had is mind wrapped in the essence of a warm young feminine sea eagle and he would have known her every feeling, and known that no matter how long she lived she’d never be able to hide things from him or lie to him because he would have been in her mind, not reading her thoughts, but as a warm sensing presence.

By Akajia, she wanted it. Kelski could even feel the shadows around them gather, holding their breath, wondering if they were going to witness one of the single most important moments in a Kelvic’s life.

No. By all that Kelski was… no no no.

Her life wasn’t her own to give. His life wasn’t hers to forfeit on her hedonistic master’s petty possessiveness and jealousy. She owed him far more than that. So it tore her heart out as she watched him walk away, saying nothing because she was too wrapped up in stopping the power, stopping the bond, and hating herself for doing so because everything about stopping it felt so utterly wrong. As if understanding distance was the only thing that would ultimately save both of them, Kynier slowly walked away.

Kelski wanted to cry out, to scream to the sky like the eagle she was, and she certainly didn’t want this most delicious most coveted of prey to vanish from sight. But she stood still anyhow, even as her limbs trembled and her mind raged. Sheer will locked her feet in place. His safety and the fact she had nothing to offer him right now was utmost in her mind. Her mind might be screaming but her body locked itself in place as it chose control of her future… and in a way his own.

But then he stopped. Then he turned back. No, damnit… the Kelvic needed him to leave. Instead he stood before her a moment, as if she was the greatest puzzle in the world. Akajia’s tests were never easy and this one was the most brutal and cruel of all. Life was dangling the biggest carrot before her and she could not take it. Even as his lips brushed hers and she closed her eyes so she didn’t have to see how beautifully intelligent is own were, a part of her lost her battle and she reached out and gripped his shirt, holding him close for just a moment.

When he broke the kiss off her lips brushed his cheek until they rested by his left ear. She nibbled it as if she preened feathers, and then whispered fiercely.

“If I had any choice in my life right now, Kynier, I would never let you walk away. From the moment I met you, its been you and only you I’ve wanted. Of every person in the world I’ve ever met, none of them have been you. I feel like I’ve lived my whole life just to find you. And I promise you that we will see each other again… but when we do, I will have made myself something worthy of all that I sense in you and all that I know you deserve. I am one of Akajia’s Nightstalkers. We learn secrets everywhere for our Mistress. But this secret I learned tonight was for me and for you; for us alone. You are mine. You are meant to be my bondmate. And when we are both ready, I will find you or you will find me again. Stay alive for me. Together we will be so much stronger than we are apart. Now… for the love of the Gods go from here…. go fast and far from here… while I have the strength and sense of mind remaining to let you go." She said, her voice soft, almost toneless, yet still edged with her raptor fierceness.

She shoved him away then, hard, her hands releasing him then and going to her lips. Kelski didn’t move, but stood frozen above the river, her quickly drying hair tangled around her face. She stood as quiet as a statue and watched him depart.

It would be a long time before she saw him again. All her guesses had been right about her liberties cut short. But over the course of the season, if Kynier dropped by The No Man’s Land Tavern, the bartender would hand him things and say it was from a strangely colored woman. Once there was a beautiful seashell. Once there was what looked like a massive raptor’s feather all silvery and grey. Another time there was a simple gold armband etched with Ajakia’s symbol. The gold arm band was of exquisite craftsmanship, simple and something he could wear under his clothing as to not get himself robbed. The rest of the collection the bartender slowly handed him was not things of value. But each of them was things of beauty or curiosity or cleverness. And maybe, just maybe, he could guess it was Kelski’s way of keeping tabs on him, of telling him she was alright, and that he wasn’t far from her mind.

The best of them wasn’t the gold but instead a braided lock of black hair that faded to white at its ends. It was a risk-all in deliberately giving a mage something of oneself. Certain magics could curse with it, shield with it, or even find her with it. Regardless, after that gesture which was right on the cusp of the season change there were no more offerings left after that…

And if he were to stop by the bartender would have given him a sad soulful smile because he’d know of the delicate exotic creature that had been leaving the gifts for Kynier. He’d would have seen her expression of loss and longing as she’d handed the gifts over and carefully paid him for keeping them safe for the man who sometimes stopped in and looked for them. And he would have wished, in his wistful way, that someone would have been leaving gifts for him as well, even if they did wear a fortune around their beautiful throat indicating they were nothing more than a slave… a whore probably… to Sun’s Birth.

ledger :
-15 GM for solid gold armband with Akajia's symbol on it.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kynier on June 4th, 2018, 2:56 am

Once his lips had touched hers all other thoughts were banished. But Kynier refrained from giving her his full passion, even as she gripped him and held him in. A hand floated up from his side, nearly cupping her head when she broke away from his affection. Kelski's lips moved across his cheek and to his ear. The playful nip was unexpected, but he felt paralyzed as she spoke in his ear. The feeling of her breath combined with the emotion in her words caused the left half of his body to shudder.

Somehow he had begun to doubt her unrelenting spirit. That she would succumb to what Sunberth would grind her through and perish. Kynier expected to leave with false hope but now was full of assurances. To himself he swore that he would see her again. That a part of his life would be hers. And that dying would unjustly be taking something from her.

She nearly disbalanced him but he caught himself and stared into her piercing eyes. Her hand was safeguarding her lips. The ones that had just stolen his breath for a moment. Kynier's body ached to move and take her with him. To abscond with her, liberating her in all the ways she needed. Jaren, Darvin, and the whole os Sun's Birth could come for him. He didn't care. He could easily hide in the city with his anonymity and slowly take them down... for her.

It just wasn't the right time, he decided. Turning away he walked towards the city. Each step felt like wading through chest high mud. The desire to just look upon her one last time felt overwhelming. Kynier thanked and damned his will for being strong enough to not look. He had nothing to offer her yet he still wanted to give her everything. She was worth that much. There couldn't be anyone else in Sunberth, or in the world, remotely like her.

The days passed. Kynier waited a long time before checking in with Hammer at the No Man's Land for any messages. Though they were sporadic Kelski was able to leave messages. Kynier smiled upon receiving each gift, and kept them locked in his chest at home. Except for the golden band and the lock of hair. Those he kept on himself at all times. While spending long days just observing he would take it out just to feel it, and smell her. After the lock there were no more gifts. Kynier began to worry about her, and considered leaving a message of his own for her, should she ever make it back again. But that would be a risk of discovery that they silently agreed to avoid.

Once Kynier saw her in the streets. Seeing her alive filled his heart more than what he considered possible. He had abandoned his task for Doler that day and followed from a significant distance. Getting close enough for her to see would've been too close. Finally seeing the large man, Darvin, Kynier felt filled with hatred. If he could managed to kill her guard maybe should could escape. But from just looking at him Kynier could tell it wouldn't be possible. Not yet. And he'd swore to stay alive. So Kynier stood afar and watched her untl she was taken back to Sun's Birth territory. It had been a hard season. He hoped the next would be better.
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Under Leth's Light

Postby Kelski on June 25th, 2018, 12:03 am

Grading!

Kynier

Experience:
Observation +5, Socialization +5, Medicine +2, Planning +5, Glyphing +1, Climbing +1, Swimming +2, Shielding +1, Stealth +1, Short Sword +5, Dagger +3, Strategy +4, Seduction +1

Lore: Medicine: Basic Wound Dressing, Medicine: Using Belltor On Wounds, Planning: Thoroughly Packing and Arming For An Outing, Glyphing: Painting Res Runes On Trees, Riverside Isle Park: Spots To Swim, Kelski: Can Turn Into Sea Eagle, Kelski: Better Than Average Eyesight, Kelvics: Need To Bond, Kelski: Has Piercings Everywhere, Kelski: Drugged When Pierced, Kelski: Looses Piercings When Shifted, Kelski: Thinks of Kynier Often, Jaren: Hated Person, Kelski: Eats Peoples Eyes, Kelski: Not Shy Or Modest, Planning: Creating A Distraction, Kelski: Worries For His Safety, Seduction: Kissing Kelski,

Kelski

Experience: Planning +5, Stealth +2, Swimming +3, Scouting +1, Dagger +5, Dodging +2, Strategy +5

Lore: Stealth: Walking Quietly On The Balls Of Your Feet, Riverside Isle Park: Spots To Swim, Kynier: Appearance Naked & Dressed, Kynier: Has an Akajia Pendant, Kynier: Prays To Akajia, Kynier: Has No Gnosis Marks, Brawling: Using A Torch, Looting Bodies, Kynier: Kelski Cares About Him Deeply, Kynier: Feeds her, Kynier: Being Kissed By Him, Kynier: Fighting Bonding

Notes: Kynier - Remember when you create a shield, you need to add that component to the shield that the shield will become a barrier to. You just simply stated you wove a barrier against water, but you actually have to physically weave that too with water as a component. Kynier - You now own one gold armband with Akajia’s Symbol on it. Let me know if I forgot anything. It’s easy to do.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous