Ancient Tomes Weekend Challenge (20, 21, 22)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Kelski on July 22nd, 2018, 11:35 pm

Note: I wanted to take the opportunity to fill in some gaps in the lore with this book and more importantly this story. The tale also contains several huge secret in regards to Mizahar's Watchtowers and Watchstones.

The Voyager’s Guide To The Watchtowers & Watchstones

Author :
ImageAdelo Akini – Priest of Aquiras. Adelo was born human almost 50 years before the Valterrian in The Suvan Empire. Adelo is the twin to the famous assassin Wolkirk who was responsible for Emperor Kovinus and his wife’s death shortly before the Valterrian. Saggallius, then the court mage for Alahea was said to have cast Wolkirk into the void. This angered the gentle priest of Aquiras who traveled disguised into the court of Alahea to learn more about his twin’s fate. Thus, positioned well to witness Sagallius’ descent into insanity via overgiving, Adelo worked actively to thwart Sagallius’ plans. He was, however, unsuccessful in saving Aquiras from Sagallius’ deception.

He did, however, manage to salvage something else almost as valuable. Growing old and realizing his immortality in the dangers of the Post Valterrian world, Adelo Akini opted to become a Nuit in the hopes of preserving the knowledge of Traversal. He was also able, once thus preserved, to gather the last remnants of those holding the Traversal marks and get them to Claridon. Claridon, a city that exists outside of time, holds the remains of Aquiras’ followers. It was there, this tome was written and its knowledge taught.

Summary :
We are still among you.

We call ourselves Voyagers after the The One True Voyager who rests even now in a fold of the Void guarded by his beloved until his heart can be retrieved from Sagallius’ cold dead corpse. We hold the secrets of the Watchtowers and the secrets of Traversal. To this day we dwell outside of time, untouched and training, waiting patiently until Our Lord makes it back to his rightful place in the Immortal Pantheon. We make sojourns out into the world, compelled by the needs of the Watchtowers.

The work of this tome is our legacy to the world… the knowledge of the Watchtowers and Watchstones, not limited to but including how to build them, use them, and repair them even in a world where Aquiras does stand side by side with his brothers and sisters of the Pantheon.

They stand today because we still walk among you. Our marks are faded, pale, and as sickly as our fallen lord. But their power still functions and we still walk the world caring for our Watchtowers and quietly assembling and repairing the damaged ones until such a time as we can reintroduce them to Mizahar. When that day comes the world will once again know Aquiras and his gifts to the world.

Table Of Contents :

Table Of Contents

• Introduction
  • Table Of Contents
  • The History Of The Watchtowers
  • The Construction Of The Watchtowers
  • The Pathways Between The Watchtowers
  • The Operation Of The Watchtowers
  • The Maintenance And Repair Of The Watchtowers
  • Tips And Tricks Using The Watchtowers
  • The Making Of The Watchstones
  • The Maintenance of The Watchstones

Appendix :
  • Summoning A Technician
  • Requesting A New Watchtower
  • Becoming A Voyager
  • Jewelcrafting And The Watchstones
  • Troubleshooting The Watchtowers
  • Troubleshooting The Watchstones

Glossary :
Herein lies pages and pages of terms associated with the Watchtowers, Watchstones, The Technicians, Aquiras, and his gnosis Traversal.

The Story :
When Aquiras fell to Sagallius’ trickery, His followers, The Traversals worldwide were at a loss. And while their powers did not wane, their gnosis marks lost their luster and became dull and faded things. Though they still marked their skin, the gnosis marks of Aquiras became something rarer and rarer to find as the old gnosis holders dropped off and no new ones were made. Action had to be taken fast because even in those days, Sagallius was filling the world with his followers and most of them were hunting the marked of Aquiras so that the fallen god would have no allies save perhaps Priskill herself. So the Traversals scattered to the four corners of the world, using the Watchtowers to escape.

The first thing The Traversals did was conceal their identities. Then, meeting in secret, they made one of two choices. Some, who wanted to retain their humanity, decided they would find their immortality in Claridon. The city had been long lost to time in a freak magical accident that occurred long before the Valterrian. People could enter and leave Claridon at any time, but those that dwell within tended not to age at all. And upon exiting the city, they never knew when or where in time the city will be resting to make their way back into the world. There was no choice in the timeline. Leaving Claridon without magical or divine assistance was a roulette wheel of anywhere and so they did not. Claridon thus made a perfect safe harbor for Aquiras’s marked followers. The one thing they had to watch for was Sagallius’ followers sneaking into the city, hunting them. For if one ever discovered their hiding spot, they would be like fish in a net and would have to take their chances exiting the city.

And so, they stayed snug in Claridon, biding their time and hopeful Aquiras would arise and come for them.

Another portion of The Traversals, the older wiser ones that had lived their lives and didn’t want to give up their work opted for another more magical means of survival. They gave up their mortal lives to become Nuit. They felt they must because of Aquiras’ downfall. Someone had to secretly maintain The Watchtower System and do upkeep on the towers that survived The Valterrian. They were also the creatures that were invested in rebuilding the destroyed watchtowers or erecting in secret new ones. They knew the skill to do it and they had a fantastic leader in the form of Adelo Akini.

This second group of The Traversals opted to change their name for the sake of their security and they became The Voyagers in honor of Aquiras. They still use the Watchtower System to this day, though occasionally their numbers thin as a tower malfunction. Ending up in the wrong place is never a problem for them. They tune the magic of the towers, get them back on track, and perpetuate the lie that the Towers are broken and do not work.

A third group – The Traversals that opted to do nothing – slowly died out as their lifespans played out.

As his kindred died off, Adelo was more and more aware of the fragility of the knowledge he and his fellow Voyagers owned. The mortal group at Claridon was a sort of insurance policy that they could not count on for perpetuating their skills and knowledge. As the mortals that turned immortal found out, life as a Nuit wasn’t easy. They were not accepted everywhere and their constant issues with finding and acquiring bodies to keep their souls grounded was often a struggle. Quite a few were killed outright for not treating themselves as Nuit should be treated in their frail state.

Often technicians traversing The Watchtower system had a rough time of it since Traversal and Aquiras’ magic was shaky and the trip wasn’t always easy on their bodies. It was, after all, a matter of time before something happened. Sometimes the towers would spit them off in tropical locations like the old city of Pavena and they’d have to deal with the extreme heat. Sometimes it was the extreme cold of places like Avanthal. And often they had to voluntarily travel to those locations to service towers. The work took its toll.

Sagallius and most of the remaining Seven Robes of the Pre-Valterrian mages became Nuit to survive. That meant that most of the existing Nuit were either those mages or the decedents students or apprentices of those mages. The Voyagers were vulnerable to these folks that often looked to Sagallius for direction. Because of this fact, that the places Nuit congregated to thrive – such as Sahova – was closed to the surviving Voyagers. It wasn’t that the Island wasn’t welcoming to them. It would have been. However, their greatest fear was that agents of Sagallius would find them in such places unaware and kill them off with ease. Their greatest fears came true when Dranira underwent the coup to destroy Sahova and all its inhabitants. Though unsuccessful, the foresight of the Voyagers saved their lives, and prevented them from coming together in great numbers to this day.

Since actual crafting of The Watchtowers and The Watchstones didn’t require Traversal to complete, Adelo slowly came to the realization he would have to train more Voyagers to do these tasks when the last of the Nuit died off that knew the skill. So it was he took apprentices from adventuresome and smart young men and women who had few ties to the cities Adelo visited. And he sat down finally, with the first class of these new Voyagers to craft a manual they could follow in order to continue his work long after he was gone.

The resulting text was called The Voyagers’ Guide To Watchtowers and Watchstones. This tome was copied over and over, becoming a sort of maintenance manual on the watchtowers themselves. Each Voyager has a copy of it. And so young engineers and jewelcrafters were recruited and The Voyagers survive today as a secret society dedicated to preserving Aquiras’ legacy. The numbers of Voyagers in Claridon are unknown since there has been very little contact between them and the Nuit Voyagers roaming the world still today. From more than two hundred followers pre-Valterrian that opted to become Nuit and Voyagers, less than a half dozen remain. Most are incredibly old, cunning, and still lead by Adelo Akini who does the vast majority of the recruiting for his organization.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on July 23rd, 2018, 12:24 am

The Argent Flame

by Lord Hydar Argentum Pitrius

About the Author
Secret :
Lord Hydar Argentum Pitrius is the creator and first Master of the Silver Tower in Pitrius City in the Kingdom of Sultros and Lord of the Pitrius Clan. Born 125 years before the Old Kingdom was destroyed by what has since become known as the Valterian, Lord Hydar is also the last survivor of the Argent Order; an order of isurian wizards who have existed for centuries.

Preface
Secret :
I write this book hoping that its contents will benefit those who follow in my footsteps. Within these pages I document my knowledge and experiences as well as details on my varied creations. For the next Master, I offer instructions in the use of the Tower and its resources. For those who are deemed worthy, there are also detailed instructions on awakening the Argent Flame within one's self.

Even as I write these words, I can sense the end of my time here in this world is near. I can feel the heat of Izurdin's Forge on my neck and the distant sound of a hammer striking an anvil greets me each morning when I wake. As the last of my order, it is my duty to ensure that all that we have achieved since our creation is not lost. In these dark days, I do not feel there is enough faith in the Divine Father to allow the Flame to stay lit. That will not always be the case however. Our people are strong and one day I think our faith will also be strong again. It is for that time that I record the secrets of relighting the Argent Flame.

In the meantime, the Sentinels of the Silver Tower will take over as the guardians of isurian magic. This book contains everything about the Sentinels and relevant sections should be shared with Elders, Instructors, Sentinels and Students as needed.

I am Lord Hydar Argentum Pitrius, Last of the Argent Order, Master of the Silver Tower and Lord of the Pitrius clan.

Table of Contents
Secret :
* Chapter 1 - History of the Argent Order (Pages 1-25)

* Chapter 2 - The Argent Order, Structure/Function (Pages 26-40)

* Chapter 3 - Argent Flame and Isurian Magic (Pages 41-55)

* Chapter 4 - Loss of the Argent Order (Pages 56-65)

* Chapter 5 - Creation of the Silver Tower (Pages 66-75)

* Chapter 6 - Secrets of the Silver Tower (Pages 76-90)

* Chapter 7 - Foundation of the Sentinels (Pages 91-110),

* Chapter 8 - The Sentinels, Rules/Responsibilities (Pages 111-120)

* Chapter 9 - The Future of Magic for the Isur (Pages 121-130)

* Chapter 10 - My Final Words (Pages 131-135)

Appendix
Secret :
Plans and Diagrams

* Part 1: Argent Flame Items (Minor)

* Part 2: Argent Flame Items (Moderate)

* Part 3: Argent Flame Artifacts

* Part 4: Argent Flame Structures

* Part 5: Lord Hydar's Magecrafted Items

Glossary
Secret :
Assast - Ancient Isurian word for the element of Air.

Chanirra (Chan-ear-uh) - Ancient Isurian word for Channeling

Dor (Door) - Ancient Isurian Word for Form

Erengol (Air-en-gol) - Ancient Isurian word for Earth.

Garthivia (Gar-thigh-via) - Ancient Isurian word for Overgiving

Jikk (Jik) - Ancient Isurian word for Fire.

Lyvalit't (Lie-val-it) - Ancient Isurian word for the Argent Flame

Nov (Nove) - Ancient Isurian word for Shape

Reei (Ree-i) - Ancient Isurian word for Reimancy

Starvi'l (Star-vil) - Ancient Isurian word for Magecraft

Untum (Un-tum) - Ancient Isurian Word for Water

Yvyt'ive (Vie-tiv) - Ancient Isurian Word for the Argent Order

Faith is the Key
Secret :
Spring in the Year 514 AV

Martis Argentum Pitrius, eldest son of Master Sargos Argentum Pitrius, was an initiate at the Silver Tower in Pitrius City. Although young for an initiate at the age of 30, as the son of the Master, he received the best training the Tower had to offer. While it was not uncommon for initiates to be young, barely out of childhood, Martis was the youngest ever accepted. His age was not an asset for Martis and he found quite a bit of difficulty relating to his fellow initiates. Being the son of the Master, while allowing for more personalized training, aso meant that Martis had far higher expectations put upon him than any other initiate at the Tower.

Martis also found difficulty in the fact that he was nothing like the standard initiate who studied at the Tower. The practice of magic came naturally for him in a way that impressed his instructors and drew jealousy from his peers. What truly sat him apart however was his devotion to Izurdin. Most would-be Sentinels, while being devoted to Izurdin, their clan and their family, placed a large portion of their focus on their magic. For Martis, his focus was on his faith; on Izurdin. Never would a day pass that he didn't wake and immediately offer a prayer of gratefulness to Izurdin for all that he had and all that he was. As he attended the various Tower classes, he would devote his studies to Izurdin and ask for strength and patience in his magical pursuits.

While he wasn't the first isur in recent years to act in such a way, he was one of the few at the Tower to be so. His father, while being the Master of the Tower and Priest of Izurdin, still put great importance on the study of magic and the discipline that came with such study. A truly devoted priest of the Divine Father, his position as Master meant that his focus was on magic. Martis was forced to straddle both worlds, faith and magic. He loved and respected his father yet his full respect was reserved for his great-grandfather, Hydar, creator of the Tower and founder of the Sentinels.

It was during the Spring of 514 AV that Martis found himself in his father's office. Sargos, while a sometimes harsh and strict individual, took what joy he could in maintaining contact with his family. His duties as Master of the Tower were all-consuming and left him little time to be a husband and father. Having Martis around was oftentimes his only connection to what it was to just be an isur, not a wizard, not a leader, not the Master.

Sargos was sitting at his desk, pouring over the monotonous, rather dry documents related to the various Sentinel functions. He called upon Martis to come to his office. Martis arrived after finishing his class on the practical application of reimancy with a focus on non-combative uses. He found the class boring and was more than happy to get a break from it and spend time with his father. Such moments were few and far between.

As Martis gave a few taps on the door and walked in, Sargos looked up and smiled. "Son, it is refreshing to see you. Please do come in. Have a seat." He motioned to the silver chair with black cushions positioned in front of the desk. Martis returned his father's smile and sat down.

Sargos pushed his papers aside for a moment and devoted his attention to his son. "How are things? Studies going well?"

Martis shifted a bit, his smile fading to a look of irritation. "Father, I'm bored. The instructors, they are skilled enough and have a little bit of useful information but it all feel so...basic. I already know how to manipulate the elements. I can already blend air and fire, water and earth. It's so simple. Yet when they ask me why I think it is so easy, they can't understand my answers. I tell them that all I have to do is think about how I can feel the magic in my arm in a way not unlike when I connect with the Divine Father. It feels...it just feels natural, almost like breathing."

Sargos had heard of this from the Martis' instructors. He knew that his son had a comparatively easy time with his studies but he wanted to hear it in his son's own words. He knew his son was faithful to Izurdin and as a priest, it was something Sargos was immensely proud of. Yet as the Master of the Tower, the one responsible for all magic in the Kingdom, he had to walk the line between faith and magic.

"Son, as the Master of the Tower, I need to ensure that all who come here to study devote themselves fully to the magic. Yet, in my capacity as Priest of the Divine Father, I praise you for your faith and devotion. As a father, I cannot be more proud of you. I can't tell you how to navigate both worlds as the path each of us chooses in life is our own and how we honor the Father is a personal choice. I will say that, while magic is why you are here at the Tower, your faith should never come in conflict. They should work together." Sargos paused for a moment as his thoughts brought some difficulty.

"Even I, highly favored by our Divine Father, have found difficulty balancing my faith with my magic. If you can find the perfect balance, don't let it go. It is is the spark that could create the greatest flame." Sargos paused again as he looked at a globe of light on the wall next to the office door. It was glowing a deep blue which meant his presence was requested somewhere else within the tower.

With a heavy sigh and a look of regret, he said, "I'm sorry, Martis. There is something I must attend to. We will speak again later. Good luck with your studies and please, don't let the instructors get in the way of what you know to be right."

Martis nodded as his father stood from his chair and prepared to leave. "I won't father. Thank you."

Sargos left his office with Martis still sitting in the chair. Martis hadn't expected his father to be as attentive for as long as he was. Seldom was his father able to spend much time with him with all the duties required of him. Left now in the office alone, Martis took a few moments to look around. The office was simple as far as decor was concerned. Of course there was the globe of light hovering next to the door; a type of messenger that conveyed information to the Master. There were a few paintings that depicted the previous Masters of the Tower. There was Martis' father, grandfather and of course his great-grandfather, the founder of it all.

Standing from his chair, Martis took the opportunity to explore the rather large office. There were bookshelves filled with a wide variety of subjects, magical and otherwise. Each of the Tower's Masters had contributed countless writings to the collection. There were pedestals topped with glass that displayed all manner of odd items; skulls, weapons, jewelry and trinkets; something of a mini-museum of sorts. One one pedestal, without a glass cover, sat an ivory book with silver adornments including a beautifully crafted ivory sphere set in silver. Something about the book caused Martis to approach it yet he couldn't explain why he was drawn to it. He casually reached for the book and opened it. One the first page was written the title, The Argent Flame but it was the author that drew his interest most, Lord Hydar Argentum Pitrius, his great-grandfather.

As he continued to flip the pages, Martis felt a static charge around his hand as the pages clung to him. The book began much like other magical texts he had read with a simple biography of the writer. In this case the biography didn't contain anything new to him about his ancestor. However, when he got to the preface, his attention was fully consumed. As he read his great-grandfather's words regarding magic, faith and something known as the Argent Order and the Argent Flame, he felt as though he could hear the man speaking to him through the centuries.

When he finished reading the preface, he stopped and looked back to the office door. He didn't know how long his father would be away but if was like previous meetings they'd had, his father would be busy for many bells. He wasn't sure if his father would approve of his reading of the book. There was a reason it was kept in the office and not in the Tower's library. It must have been for privileged eyes only. Despite his wish not to potentially anger his father, Martis found himself unable to resist the need to continue reading. Lifting the book from its spot on the pedestal, he returned to his seat and continued reading.

Over one hundred pages in length, Martis delved into what the book had to say, driven by his great-grandfather's initial words. He read about the Argent Order and the Argent Flame. In Hydar's own words he spoke of how the isurian wizards of old were able to tap into their profound faith in Izurdin and use their Izentor to literally shape the natural elements of earth, air, fire and water into stable, functional items. With the power of faith, the Argent Order could literally stabilize a lightning bolt into the form of a staff or create a cloak made of actual water. They could contain and shape flames into the form of a sword or even turn stone and minerals into grand structures. It was with the Argent Flame that Hydar created the Silver Tower.

For the next few bells, Martis read from the book while his father had yet to return. Pouring over the books contents, he read of how Hydar was the last of the Argent Order following the Valterrian. He read of how Hydar wished that one day the Argent Flame could be restored and a new era of magic could return to the isur. He read of how the Silver Tower was created and how the Master and the Tower were bound to each other. He learned of what his great-grandfather was thinking when he conceived the Sentinels; they were to be the guardians of magic for the isur until such time that the Argent Flame returned.

As he continued to read, he discovered several seemingly blank pages. However, as he looked at them, words begin to form followed by sentences and full paragraphs. Sections hidden for centuries revealed themselves to Martis. When he got to the final chapter in the book, Martis read Hydar's final words. While most of the chapter basically repeated Hydar's vision of magic and his wish for the future, words began to appear out of nowhere. They spoke of Martis by name. It was as if his great-grandfather was speaking directly to him through the book. Martis, you are the first of those whom I spoke of in this book. You are the one to ignite the Argent Flame and restore the ancient magic of our people. It is for you that I wrote this book. Right now, you feel isolated, apart from those around you. Yet you and your faith are the key to the next era for our people. Embrace your faith and use it to fuel your magic. Envelop yourself in your faith, let it empower your magic and you will discover a power not seen in centuries. My faith is placed in you, Martis, I know you will not disappoint.

Martis couldn't believe what he was reading. He stared for many moments at the words written to him by his great-grandfather. When he was able to continue, he flipped through the last few pages of the book. There were diagrams and plans, thoughts and considerations recorded by Hydar on the creation of items and structures using the Argent Flame. There were even designs for Hydar's personal magecrafted items complete with intended properties and even possible locations of those that had been lost during the Valterrian.

When he had finished reading the book, he closed it. The energy he felt upon initially touching the book remained. He realized that there was still so much more the book could tell him but there was no way his father would let him knowingly study it. The information within was not only life-changing but was enough to change the course of isurian history. As he pondered what to do, Martis happened to look up and over to the pedestal that held the book. There, laying exactly in the place and in the position he originally found it, was the book. At least it looked like the book since he was still holding it. A smile crossed his face as realization sunk in; his great-grandfather had said the book had been written for him. With a duplicate sitting on the pedestal, Martis was free to place the book in his pack and casually exit his father's office.

Over the next couple of Seasons, Martis studied the book. As he did, his grasp on his magical skills increased exponentially yet he did all that he could to make it seem like he was progressing at a slower, natural pace. The secrets the book shared with him provided the knowledge and ability to enhance his own control over reimancy with his gnosis. His skill with magecraft became notable to his instructors and in barely more than a year, Martis had acquired the rank of full Sentinel. Through the book, his great-grandfather told him that one day in the near future, he would be ready to reveal it all to the rest of the Sentinels and take his place as the new Master of the Tower; all in the name of Izurdin and the return of Magic and Faith combined.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tove on July 23rd, 2018, 12:54 am

The Beauty of Movement

Author :
Author- Arabella Cinchona (279-301av)Image

Arabella was a half-blood (Symenestra and Human) born in the city of Alvadas. From an early age she had found herself enthralled with Arial dance and contortion ism. She spent most of her childhood training her mind and body before eventually finding herself working shows for The Crooked Playhouse. She would hoist herself into the air all the while telling a beautiful story with her body.

preface :
Preface-

Dance is a language spoken by passion and beauty. This language is one that must be studied, noted, and practiced. Read this educational doo-dad and learn the ropes in a way that only a master can teach! (Focuses on Aerial dancing)

Chapters :
  • -Chapter one: What is aerial dancing? (Pg. 1-7)
  • -Chapter two: Strong muscles improve graceful form (pg. 8-12)
  • -Chapter three: The 3 B’s (Beautiful Bendy Bodies) (Pg.13-27)
  • -Chapter four: Don’t look down and try not to fall (Pg. 28-38)
  • -Chapter five: Becoming the artist and the art (Pg. 39-51)
  • -Chapter six: Confidence and why it’s important (Pg. 52-59)
  • -Chapter seven: Memorizing how not to fail horrible (Pg. 60-61)
  • -Chapter eight: Trusting your partner (Pg. 62-73)
  • -Chapter nine: Popular and underappreciated techniques (Pg. 74-88)

Glossary :
-Arial Dancing
-Contortion ism

Story :
'The Aerial dance is an intricate dance that involves being hoisted into the air. Though impractical when busking, the dance is highly theatrical and beautiful.’

‘The Beauty of Movement’ was originally intended to be a collection of notes written down to aid the author as she worked her to the top of show business, but it later became much more to those with the passion to dance. It teaches those both young and old, to harness their body’s ability in order to portray a story or a sense of emotion.

The simplistic nature of the Tome is one that is unique to itself. It was written to educate the author in the early stages of the development of dancing and contortion ism, which in turn helped many readers grasp the information given to them. The author, Arabella Cinchona, was a talented contortionist and dancer. She shared the blood of the beautiful symensetra which proved to be quite the advantage, though it was not the sole source of her fame.

Arabella was born during the winter season of 479av to two loving parents: Duncan Otegra and Sinka Cinchona. Arabella’s early years were spent learning how to live and navigate within the grand city of Alvadas, as well as how to harness her natural capabilities as a mixed blooded child. As time passed the girl found herself enchanted by street buskers and contortionist which in turn spawned her interest in dance.

She taught herself to bend and flex her muscles, how to look graceful whilst also using up quite a bit of her strength. During her many years of training she began to document her findings in order to study and harness her body’s movements and capabilities. The noted information filled many pages, which was organized to fit a more scholarly format in 496av. Arabella dedicated to two things; her teachings and her training.

Arabella’s blood, sweat and tears were poured into the tome and the many notes within. Thousands of hours were spent recording what she had found to be effective in her journey of dance. She had begun to work at the Crooked Playhouse, an establishment famed for the performances that took place within as she poured her heart into her findings; creating the beautiful works of the Tome.

Arabella became a household name in Alvadas due to her breath taking performances. Her dedication to dance only grew with her popularity as she had refused to allow herself to lose her touch. She developed her own dance style which merged contortion ism with Arial performances into one dance and in turn allowed her to tell the stories of her mother’s people more beautifully than before. Her relentless training and constant attempts to teach her peers about her findings left many annoyed with her. Some viewed her as a try-hard, others as egotistical. Show business is and was full of jealously and conspiracy against some poor individual who managed to work their way to the top, and Arabella was no exception to this harsh reality.

‘The Beauty of Movement’ was finished during the Fall of 500av, only a year before the tragic death of Arabella which had occurred due to foul play in the workplace when a fellow dancer tampered with the aerial apparatus (equipment used during aerial performance; Hoops, silks, etc.).

The book was then passed down from one dancer to another, each studying the work as if it contained some hidden knowledge on their deity of choice. That continued until the year 507av when a young man who had possessed the book died after falling from his Aerial silk. More and more, from beginners to the more advanced dancer, began to die due to complications with their aerial apparatus, which in turn spawned many rumors that the book was cursed.

Dancers began to refuse to read the tome at the Crooked Playhouse and eventually the establishment decided to discard of the thing. It then went from one merchant to the next, sold to many dancers who either found its contents helpful, or those who became severely injured or worse whilst studying it.

In the year 513av a scholar by the name of Vilincius Arinvalus bought the book in Lhavit. Unaware of its origin, he began studying it like many did before him. Many of those who worked with him wondered why he carried such a thing around with him. He was not a dancer nor an actor after all. Instead, he was studying the movements depicted within the book from a mathematical stand point, which he had later documented in his own teachings.

After studying the tome he passed it down to his young niece who had taken an interest in dancing. She was enthralled by the notes and details within the tome and soon found herself following in the author’s footsteps. The girl became a young woman, one that had made a name for herself, though sadly her dreams came crashing down on her.

One afternoon whilst playing with her younger brothers she twisted her leg. This left her bed ridden for weeks, an injury she never truly recovered from. She found herself in a great deal of pain on the days she practiced dance. She eventually left that dream behind, finding work with her mother at a fruit stand. She gave the tome to a merchant in hopes that her heart would recover without the constant memory of what could have been.

An owner of a particularly high class burlesque in Sunberth now keeps the Tome in order to train her workers in the beautiful yet theatrical dance. No deaths have occurred in the high class burlesque due to the teachings within the tome. The fear of a cursed tome most likely killed the dancers rather than the tome itself.

The tome now has many ripped out pages from other journals locked within its pages, adding to the list of techniques. Some notes have been added by those who owned the book previously. It continues to educate all with the passion to dance.

~All credit for box-codes and signature goes to Luminescence
Tove
Criminally Bored

Words: 101169
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2018, 9:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nieve Glass on July 23rd, 2018, 1:23 am

A Guide to Fyrden's Creatures and You

Section
Explanation
Title A Guide to Fyrden's Creatures and You
Author Talwen Imlin (202 BV - 138 BV), an Alahean mage.
Preface A brief explanation of summoning and how it relates to familiary. (Pages I - V)
Table Of Contents
  • Chapter 1: The Planet Fyrden (Light Side and Dark) - Page 1
  • Chapter 2: The Basics of Familiary, Pt I (Negotiation and Binding) - Page 6
  • Chapter 2 (Cont.): The Basics of Familiary, Pt II (Abilities and Risks) - Page 15
  • Chapter 2 (Cont.): The Basics of Familiary, Pt III (A Familiar's Forms) - Page 28
  • Chapter 3: Light Side Familiars, Pt I (Avavali) - Page 30
  • Chapter 3 (Cont.): Light Side Familiars, Pt II (Pascid) - Page 40
  • Chapter 3 (Cont.): Light Side Familiars, Pt III (Sarawanki) - Page 55
  • Chapter 4: Dark Side Familiars, Pt I (Gordios) - Page 65
  • Chapter 4 (Cont.): Dark Side Familiars, Pt II (Irylid) - Page 70
  • Chapter 4 (Cont.): Dark Side Familiars, Pt III (Kirt) - Page 80
  • Chapter 5: Living With Your Familiar - Page 90
  • Chapter 6: Keeping the Power Balance and Compromising - Page 98
  • Chapter 7: From Compromises to Friendship - Page 105
  • Chapter 8: The Released Form - Page 109
Appendix
  • Figure 1 - Sketch of an Avavali (Natural form)
  • Figure 2 - Sketch of a Pascid (Natural form)
  • Figure 3 - Sketch of a Sarawanki (Natural and sealed forms)
  • Figure 4 - Sketch of a Gordios (Natural form)
  • Figure 5 - Sketch of an Irylid (Natural and sealed forms)
  • Figure 6 - Sketch of a Kirt (Natural form)
Glossary A short collection of basic terms used in summoning and familiary that any user would need to know.

Author - Talwen Imlin :
Talwen Imlin (202 BV - 138 BV) was an Alahean man who lived many years before the Valterrian; he was a well-known mage for the Empire whose secret personal passion was summoning. Indeed, the art was closely monitored and a closely kept secret, and not wanting to be used as a pawn for wars, Talwen became a recluse at a young age, retiring from his career as a mage for the Empire.

He lived on the outskirts of a small town, where beneath his house he painstakingly built an enforced underground lab where he could safely practice summoning, intent on researching the art. In the process, Talwen found his interest drifting over more into the territory of familiary; while a known discipline, there was much to be learned about the plant of Fyrden and the creatures that came from it, and Talwen found it becoming his life's work almost without even realizing it.

Interacting with and documenting information about the different types of familiars and the planet they came from became an obsession for Talwen, and he became even more of a recluse. Eventually, he bonded with a familiar of his own, an Irylid named Savhel. The two of them made an excellent team, and over the course of his life, Talwen crafted this tome; considered a holy book for the art of familiary, with a healthy dose of knowledge of summoning as well, there are scarce few copies of the book that exist in the world nowadays.

When Talwen finished the book, he considered his life's work complete; he died not long after of natural causes. It took awhile for his body to be found, reclusive as he was; the book was found with his body, and was handed over to the Empire for safe-keeping, where the contents of the book were studied closely by their best mages. After the Valterrian, the book and the copies that had been made vanished, and only rumours remained, though it is said at least one copy is still in active circulation.

Preface :
Before one can understand the art of familiary, they must first have a firm grasp on the art of summoning, for the two disciplines are very closely linked. You cannot achieve one without the other.

Summoning is the world magic of creating doorways to other worlds; for indeed, the world we occupy is not the only one that exists. (It would be quite foolish, and I think quite egotistical, to think that indeed we are the only world that exists in the vast and expanse of space that exists in this universe that we have yet to uncover or understand) Now, to summon a doorway to another world, one must know its astral coordinates; that is, where exactly the world resides in the universe.

Now, in this book, we will not be examining any world willy-nilly, nor even multiple worlds; for familiars come from one world in particular, which is the world of Fyrden (astral coordinates: 6701984710485453). To summon a doorway to Fyrden (or any world), one must craft a summoning circle on, preferably, a solid and flat surface. If you do not know how to do that, then indeed this book is not for you, for if one does not have the basics of summoning mastered, then they should not be calling forth familiars, and this book is not about summoning.

If indeed you do know how to summon a doorway without further instruction, and you wish to summon a familiar, read on.

Crafting the Book :
Talwen had finally crafted the perfect summoning lab; but in the time it had taken him to do so, his interests had experienced a shift, for indeed the creatures that he could summon and what could be done with them had grown to fascinate him much more intently than the actual art of simply summoning.

And so, with his lab crafted, Talwen drew out a summoning circle, taking the time to reinforce it with glyphs of all sorts, and opened a doorway to Fyrden. The first creature that Talwen came across was an Irylid; the icy familiar gave him little to work with, but he was not to be discouraged.

Through a long series of trial and error, and many, many summonings, Talwen slowly interacted with each type of familiar present on Fyrden. Some were more difficult to converse with than others, particularly when they found out his purpose was for research and not to find a familiar of his own. He had to sort through lies often, but eventually, Talwen begin to gather data on the planet itself, as well as the different types of familiars.

Finally, Talwen began to consider taking on a familiar of his own; for how could he faithfully and accurately describe the magic if he did not practice it himself? And so he began the lengthy process of interviewing different familiars. He thought he would find his match with an Avavali or perhaps a Sarawanki despite his reclusive nature, and so it came as a surprise when he met an Irylid that he got along with almost surprisingly well.

The Irylid, Savhel, agreed to become Talwen's familiar, and so the two signed signed their contract. Talwen's case was a rare one as due to his research and expertise with summoning, he went about the process of finding his familiar by himself; this of course had the potential to turn out very, very badly, and he did note explicitly in his section on negotiating and binding with a familiar that one should have another familiar act as a go-between; particularly one that has already been bound to a mage.

However, Savhel respected Talwen's tenacity and his research, and so the pairing worked out well. Savhel helped Talwen with his research, pleased to know his mage was intelligent, and more than alright with his reclusive nature and frequent bouts of silence.

The two lived and researched together for many years, and what was an agreement turned into a friendship as they grew to respect and know each other; eventually, the two mastered their released form, to which Talwen wrote extensively about the possibilities, dedicating an entire chapter in his book to it.

Savhel urged Talwen to make copies of his book so that it may benefit others, but the mage was hesitant; towards the end of his life, this drove a rift between him and Savhel, and indeed the two died with only one copy of the book having ever been penned by its author.

Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tarn Alrenson on July 23rd, 2018, 2:12 am

Title: Shepherd of Minds

Author :
Eilren Maccori: A sought after and well-respected court bard among Suvan lords and ladies. The man frequently disappeared from the manors of his patrons for months on end, wandering coinless among the peasantry. His eccentricities were largely ignored on the count of his unparalleled command of stories and music.

Prelude :
The stories we all tell are the very lifeblood of the society in which we live. Knowing this as I do, it wounds me deeply when I observe that the younger generations are so horridly, profoundly, and deeply bad at it. The following pages will teach you to some degree on how to spin your epic tales without sounding like a flock of angry gulls fighting over a rotten fish head. These instructional notes are interspersed with tales of my own design, to give you some perspective on how pitiful your own meager talents are, and to hopefully inspire you to better them.

Table of Contents :
Chapter 1: The Anatomy of a Story (pg. 1-8)
Interlude 1: The Ballad of the Man who Killed a Stone (pg 9-15)
Chapter 2: Everything You’re Doing Wrong (pg. 16-30)
Chapter 3: Everything You’re Doing Right (pg. 31-31)
Chapter 4: Weaving Emotions in the Hearts of Your Audience (pg. 32-54)
Interlude 2: The Many Names of the Dawn (pg. 55-68)
Chapter 5: Everything You’re Doing Wrong Part II (pg. 69-76)
Chapter 6: Research, and the Art of Listening (pg 77-84)
Chapter 7: Lessons Learned from the Vantha (pg. 85-93)
Chapter 8: Respect Your Craft (the Power of Stories) (pg. 94-98)
Interlude 3: Blinding the Eye of the Storm (pg 99-120)
Chapter 9: Your Own Journey (pg. 121-123)
Chapter 10: Your Duty as a Storyteller (pg. 124-128)

Appendix :
Included is a map (outdated and pre-Valterrian) and tables of notes on popular types of stories among various peoples. Is still partially accurate in regard to groups that survived the cataclysm. Some newer copies have updated maps from storytellers that consider themselves apprentices of Eilren.

Glossary :
A compendium of words and phrases useful to the discussion of stories. Notably, Eilren includes a word of his own design,

Maccorian Storytelling: The style of storytelling taught in this tome, with a general meaning of superiority over other forms.

The great storyteller and court bard Eilren Maccori was renowned and respected by the nobility and upper-classes all throughout the Suvan empire. With the skill of a man who knew his trade through and through, Eilren could take even the haughtiest lord or lady and leave them wide-eyed and mouth agape in anticipation. He could dazzle them with song using his dexterous fingers and beautiful harp, or inspire them with epics detailing the exploits of heroes and gods. Just as impressive as these courtly spectacles, were his journeys among the common people. Many villages across the countryside remembered a thin, long-mustached man riding through town and stopping for a night or two to spin wondrous tales and lead glorious songs that were echoed by the villages own residents for years to come. Eilren travelled everywhere his horse could take him, and to quite a few places it couldn’t besides. Each place he visited, he spread his stories and songs. But he did not just tell stories, he gathered them as well. Everywhere he went, Eilren listened to anything anybody was willing to tell them. He heard stories from wrinkly old men of times long past and gave ear to the smallest of children telling of their exploits or of the latest rumors among the local youth. Eilren took in all these stories with a relentless fervor, recording them within his mind with the same impeccable memory with which he recalled his own epics and songs.

Eilren had mastered the art of telling stories to all manner of folk. He had followed soldiers on their bloody campaigns, both inspiring them and seeing the horrors of war for himself. He had travelled with grizzled woodsmen, entertained lords and ladies of fabulous fortunes, and filled countless taverns with peals of laughter and raucous applause. However, as he grew on in years, and his body lost its keen edge—although his mind did not—he began to contemplate upon his own death. The single greatest worry that settled itself on Eilren’s shoulders was that the world would be at a loss for quality storytellers with his passing. There were others of the trade that he respected, but few enough of these had ever tried their hands at teaching, and even then, only a student or two in their lifetimes. Struck by the need to impart the skills and knowledge he had acquired over his long and decorated career, Eilren set about recording them in a book.

As he wrote this tome, he travelled, taking his final tour of the world he had come to love and reliving past experiences that had made him who he was. Eilren wished to capture the very essence of the storyteller’s life in his book, and he couldn’t bring himself to do that stuck up in a fancy manor somewhere. The book he wrote was not kind to the person that read it, not at first. Many of the first people to whom Eilren showed the original manuscript scoffed and turned their heads. Still, Eilren fine-tuned the book, changing the manner of the writing subtly, until while most people still set aside the book, taking insult, a few students persisted and extracted what considerable wisdom Eilren could impart.

Over the course of several years, Eilren worked at boiling the vast stores of knowledge he held into a form small enough to be copied and spread beyond a single tome. When he had finished the work to his own satisfaction, Eilren had recorded what he considered to be his three greatest original stories within the pages of his book, to illustrate the concepts of which he spoke used properly.

Eilren’s book was never meant to instruct simple storytellers to the point where they could impress their friends or make some small amount of coin at local taverns. To Eilren, the art of telling stories was something far greater than that. It was a tremendous responsibility, and a great duty on the backs of those who took up the torch of the profession. While kings or queens could force people to act, good storytellers made them want to. Storytellers shaped and herded the hearts and minds of their audience. They could stir a people up to war or smother their motivation to fight. The power held by the ones who told stories was enormous, and Eilren made sure that there would be those who used it properly.

Published a century before the Valterrian, the bards and storytellers that found themselves with copies, and followed the teachings therein, were often revered among their peers and audiences. Eilren Maccori’s masterpiece never made its true mark however, until the catastrophe of divine rage that nearly destroyed mankind struck. In the small years following the event, the few students of Eilren, clutching their copies of the tome tightly, worked to inspire the people of the world once again. The storytellers trained on the words of Eilren saw this as their work, igniting the hearts of humanity once again, after the blow that nearly quenched them.

As the world began to recover and the means became available, the surviving copies of Eilren’s tome were copied, ensuring the immortality of his words and wisdom. The original copies, the ones predating the Valterrian, are now held only by the richest of lords and merchants, under lock and key in prized collections.

In addition to its original purpose, many students of the work have found other uses for the knowledge it contains. Sheperd of Minds, the book, was found to contain one of the best studies of the workings of the human mind ever recorded, presented in a guide on how to most effectively inspire it with stories. As such, people from con-artists to generals seeking to inspire their men have been found reading the book, seeking to recover some of the ancient Eilren’s wisdom.

The tome is put to best use however, when studied by its intended students. Following the tradition many of them now see as near unto sacred, they live the old bard’s words, following his path and forging ahead in the never-ending quest of a transient storyteller.
Boxcode credit goes to Antipodes

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. --CS Lewis
Tarn Alrenson
We all can make a difference.

Words: 85762
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on July 23rd, 2018, 2:54 am

Well be closing this contest in roughly 1 hr (give or take 6 minutes). So please try to have your entries in! So far they've all been lovely!

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on July 23rd, 2018, 3:03 am

Title A Study of the Divine: the Crafting of Aquiras’ Heart
Author Victoria Lavoie (329 AV-415 AV), devoted champion of Priskil and founder of the Syliras chapter of the Order of Radiance, started the great work. Completed after her death, many hands over many decades has guided its creation.
Preface (Victoria Lavoie) I begin this tome with the blessing of the Goddess of light, may she watch over us and light our path. This moment marks the beginning of the resurrection of Aquarius. We are fuelled by the hope of a better world, and our ability to overcome the treachery that surrounds us. This is the written record of the collective knowledge the Order has gathered for the purpose of building the Divine Heart.
Table Of Contents
  • Tools and Prerequisites: p5
  • Anatomy of the Divine: p75
  • Assembly of a Divine Vessel: p784
  • The Application of Malediction: p205
  • Animation- harnessing the power of the Ukalas: p456
  • Magecraft and the Application of Divine Blood: p890
Appendix (Unknown Author) This guide completed, our experiments run and our instructions set, it is never the less the will of our Goddess that these words be sealed away and the information therein to never to see the light. Our decades of work have been dismissed and the future that generations have worked towards has been stolen. Yet there is still hope. Our Goddess has demanded our knowledge and progress be sealed away, but not destroyed. Perhaps Priskil too secretly hopes for a future where there is person strong enough who will find this tome and complete our work. And if you are reading this, then that hope was not misplaced. Please, do what must be done for the good of us all.

Victoria Lavoie was a human born in 329AV to a pair of Syliran knights. She was a brilliant and resourceful child with a head full of wild ideas and an endless curiosity. From an early age her family recognized her potential and groomed her to become a knight in order to further the family’s goals and consolidate their power. However, the child did not take well to the pressure her family placed on her. She became lazy and impulsive, starting fights with other squires and talking back to her superiors. She shunned her family and fell in with the shadier underbelly of the growing city, where she took to petty thievery and drink. Anything to separate herself from the stifling pressures placed on her since birth. She was kicked out of the squirehood at the age of fifteen for her behaviour and became the family embarrassment. Brilliant but lazy and malicious she let her families status in the knighthood negate the consequences for her actions and was content to coast through life on the merits of her family’s name.

On the eve of her sixteenth birthday she broke into the house of a high ranked Knight on a dare. As she crept around in the shadows she witnessed the abuse of the knights child by his own hand. Shocked, disturbed, and upset, Victoria ran, successfully escaping the house and falling into the safety and comfort of her own bed. But the events she had witnessed weighed heavily on her soul, she wanted to confront the council of three for the sake of the girl, but she had no evidence other than her word against the Knights’. Being the high rank that he was it was sure that he had many allies that would back up his character while she had no one to do the same. And if she couldn’t convince the council then she was surely to be sentenced to hard labour for breaking and entering. She stood up then, a wave of resolute calm washed over her, for the first time in her life she had a purpose and a goal of her own, and someone to protect. Regardless of the consequences she had to protect the girl. She approached the higher ups the following day, summoning all her courage she pleaded with them to hear her out, but her reputation proceeded her. The council wasted no time in sending the young woman away for the crime of attempted burglary.

Priskil approached the woman as she waited in her cell for the caravan that would take her to the mines, she wore the guise of an elderly man and asked her why she would risk so much for someone else. There was such a small chance of success, and she’d surely die out in the woods if she failed, so what was the point of risking her life? Why had she had sacrificed so much for a stranger? Victoria, calm and resolute, said "I can’t just sit back and blind myself to the suffering of others. I realize that now, I don’t want to run away anymore.“ Priskil, pleased with her answer, revealed herself to the human then and marked the woman as hers.

Renewed with a new purpose in life Victoria became one of the most dedicated servants of Priskil, eventually earning her the title of Champion. She travelled the world to spread her message of hope during the dark times and founded the Syliras chapter of the Order of Radiance. When she learned of the fate of Priskil’s lover, Aquarius, she spent the rest of her life in search of a cure for the sleeping god. She was aware of the unlikelihood of stealing back Aquarius’ heart from Sagallius, so she honed her natural brilliance to the creation of a replacement. Victoria and the order scoured the world for pre Valterrian artifacts and forbidden magics to realize her dream of bringing back Priskils lover from the brink of death with a substitute heart. Using Magecraft, Malediction and science Victoria built the foundations of the heart until her death in 402AV, since then the Order of radiance and her decedents have worked to keep her dream alive and forge a heart to revive a god.

From that point on the order has collected all knowledge they could find and recorded everything in A Study of the Divine. Generation after generation poured their lives into the creation of the heart which they kept hidden in the secret watchtower. Keeping meticulous notes on the steps and functions of each layer of magic and the materials used in its creation.

Five hundred years after the Valterrian they are close to the completion of a working model they will use in their attempt to wake Aquarius. However during the construction the Order found a flaw in the design of the heart. When held by Priskil the materials deteriorated rapidly, unable to handle the gods overwhelming djed. For years the Order experimented with magics and gnosis, sending items and materials into the void and the Ukalas and studying the effects. But their sacrifice was in vain as no materials could withstand the energy and any magics such as magecraft or shielding wore away over time leaving the group at a dead end.

One scholar, having researched the gods for decades raised the idea that in order for the machine to work it had to be made from godsblood. A mortal gods' child could walk unaided through the Ukalas without being consumed by it so, in theory, their body could exist inside of a god without being destroyed. All they needed was to find an Araka to test their theory and finish the heart. However, Priskil, unable to accept the murder of an innocent, refused to allow the order to continue their work, insisting they find another way. So the tome, and the heart, sit heavily guarded in the underground watchtower. Waiting for a willing sacrifice in to revive the God of travel.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 23rd, 2018, 4:14 am

Contest Closed! Great job folks! Poll going up. Please vote once. Prizes announced sometime tomorrow.

PS. I had to truncate some titles because they wouldn't fit on a singular line of the poll and read as two entries.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 24th, 2018, 4:36 am

The Ancient Tomes Weekend Challenge is complete!

The Divine Nature
6%
Beyond The Gateway
No votes
Search For The Legendary Tarrlon
3%
Sacred Rituals Of The Sixth Finger
3%
A Million Little Gears
6%
A Truthful Deography of Priskil
6%
A Study On Sea Dwellers
3%
The Shape Of A Being
3%
Voyager’s Guide To The Watchtowers
29%
The Argent Flame
3%
The Beauty Of Movement
3%
Guide to Fyrden's Creatures and You
3%
Shepherd of Minds
6%
A Study of the Divine - Aquiras' Heart
26%

Total votes : 34

Hey Folks! Nice participation in this one with a lot of great effort. Many of these books are going to go straight into the Wiki that can be potentially used in RP later on. I was going to do a 'grand prize' but I don't feel right about it with the results being the way they are. So I'm just going to give everyone the same prize with the two top vote acquisitions getting a choice to pick something extra.

On to the good stuff!

Winners will get to choose a book of their very own. They can pick a volume on any skill or magic topic available out of the wiki. This book should be detailed enough that they can learn at least through the Novice level of the skill (with practice of course). And if any tools or special things are needed for the use of the knowledge (such as a set of tools for blacksmithing, a loom for a weaver, an instrument for a book on that instrument), they will be included with the book. Items included must be of common average every day ordinary quality. They won't be anything special.

If the book is on magic but initiation by another mage is needed (such as reimancy), the owner of the book will have to acquire the book via someone willing to initiate them (a close relative perhaps?). The tale must make sense though.. no initiations out of the blue... there has to be a story that makes sense to back it. HD/ST permission is required to verify that this makes sense.

If it is a more unique magic, such as Familiary, is selected, then a familiar willing to write the contract and perform the ceremony of binding will be part of the package. The situation must MAKE SENSE as you write it though (a long lost relative and his familiar...? A familiar desperate to free a loved one from the horrors of Fyrden) and approved either via an ST or the HD.

All additional NPCs or things such as Familiars won't stick around past the initial Initiation.

The two top score winners (the race was very close!) can select from Lost Disciplines as well. For obvious reasons Static and Dominion will be excluded from this list. However Pathfinding will be included as well as Architectrix. If Pathfinding is selected, a small Iraso animal will be included in the prize in order to preform the induction. If Architectrix is selected, a splinter and a seed will be included in the form of a small birdhouse that can be attached to a structure.

Books (and assorted items) must be acquired via threads that are at least 2.5K in length. They are not transferable sellable etc.

Enjoy!

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 24th, 2018, 9:58 am

You know the drill. Request your awards by Friday 9pm in this thread. I'll add them to your SS thread.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext