Winter 518 Character Registry

Register Your Characters Here for the Winter Season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gillar on December 2nd, 2018, 6:34 am

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. Answer here.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Answer here.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Answer here.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Answer here.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Answer here.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Type of Residence:[/u] Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
[u]Profession:[/u] What does your PC do for money?
[u]Briefly Describe Your Character:[/u] Give us a line or two about you.
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.

[u]Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you.[/u] Answer here.

[u]Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds?[/u] Answer here.

[u]Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season?[/u] Answer here.

[u]What sort of things do you like to write about?  Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions?[/u] Answer here.

[u]What would you like to improve upon in your writing?[/u] Answer here.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Zavya on December 2nd, 2018, 7:04 am

Registering for Winter

Character Name: Zavya
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Ryker Valdinox's personal slave
Briefly Describe Your Character: Zavya is a willful Kelvic who despises her bonds. She longs for the freedom she's never had.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't think so!

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The city's fanatical devotion to the god of evil is pretty interesting.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Not particularly.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? I want to work on building relationships with other PCs, hunting, fighting, sneaking around, and fleshing out more of the topsy turvy intricacies of Zavya's relationship with Ryker.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? All of the above?

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Consistency, detail, etc.

Zavya
Hear me roar

Words: 151900
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2018, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Zuhre on December 2nd, 2018, 7:12 am

Character Name: Zuhre
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Tattoo Artist
Briefly Describe Your Character: A little lost creature with a whole lot to gain, including experience of the current time!
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The slavery and interest in nonhuman races.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Not that I can think of.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? I plan to have Zuhre meet new people, maybe get a pet so she won't be so lonely, learn more about the city and the culture, and of course try find peace with herself for that has happened and yet to have happen to her.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I like to write about philosophical concepts, religion, social interactions, and emotions... definitely emotions.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Be less wordy, but still leave a strong impact.
Zuhre
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

Words: 50001
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2018, 2:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Trisselynn on December 2nd, 2018, 7:38 am

Character Name: Trisselynn
Profession: She's a poisoner (hopefully)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Trisselynn is a natural born daughter of Ravok, educated in the fine niceties of the city and raised in fine and proper faith in Rhysol and his followers. She's a keen, ambitious sort and seeks to establish good connections to embark on her crusade for independence.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, for job placement.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. Everything. Ravok is a beautifully complex city with so much going for it, from utter devotion to what some might call an evil God, but twisted in that belief because of the generosity that the same deity shows to his people.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? None.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? I want to endear Trisselynn to some of the powers that be, both PCs and NPCs, and work her towards her lofty ambition of joining the Black Sun.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I love magic and social interactions but tend to shy away from pure combat situations out of personal taste. Politico and social tension are absolutely things I love to see and be a part of, as well.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Pacing and tenses, as well as forming deep, thoughtful plots.
Trisselynn
Player

Words: 2089
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2018, 7:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Maore on December 2nd, 2018, 10:37 am

registry

.Character Name: Ciraaci
Profession: Slave-like Stuff
Briefly Describe Your Character: Unmoored of devotion to Syna and Leth, Ciraaci's faith lingers in Dira's graces. She neither respects nor loves mankind. Wrath boiling, festering like a rotten wound.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, to discuss whether I can self moderate my own 'purchasing' at auction or whether I need to have a moderator do so for me.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The aesthetic :tm: . I love the dark, rich culture and architecture used to describe the city. The themes. The love the citizens have for it.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? I don't have anything that much occurs to me at this point in time to suggest.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? A new name-day. A shifting of priorities. As a slave Ciraaci needs to survive. She'll survive.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I'm not big on intimately romantic scenes. I'm pretty down for anything else, although my experience with writing magic has never been very positive. I have spiritism though, so let's give that a shot!

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? I would like to improve the language I use.
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ruvya on December 2nd, 2018, 1:48 pm

Character Name: Ruvya Nighthoof
Type of Residence: Non-citizen resident
Profession: Ravosalaman for Nicolo's Ravosalas
Briefly Describe Your Character: Outwardly a imposingly stoic-looking drykas, with a soft, sensitive core. Having lost a bonded strider young in her life, Ruvya feels like she does not belong and seeks solace wherever she can find it.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The way The Black Sun are so intricately tied into city politics.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Nothing I can think of.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Improve Ruvya's shortbow, kopis, tracking, and unarmed combat or brawling skills. I'd love her to meet more PCs and explore the city more, and begin working towards a divination gnosis.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Adventure and quests, social interactions with some action or intrigue thrown in. I'm not experienced writing combat, but I think I'd enjoy it.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Showing rather than telling, my dialogue is always woeful and could be a bit more natural.

Last edited by Ruvya on December 2nd, 2018, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruvya
Player

Words: 40558
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2018, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elias Caldera on December 2nd, 2018, 7:33 pm

Character Name: Elias Caldera
Profession: Ebonstryfe Commander
Briefly Describe Your Character: A soldier with grand designs and dangerous ambitions.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you.The politics

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? No

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? I'm kind of in a proverbial refractory period now that the war of words that is Nano is done. I'm spent. so I'll be taking it as easy as I can.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Action and adventure.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Dialogue with myself. I find i'm alright when it comes to other player characters, but when i'm writing a scene between Elias and NPC's, it tend to come off like a script instead of anything natural.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rook on December 2nd, 2018, 11:49 pm

Character Name: Rook

Profession: Slaving it up in here

Briefly Describe Your Character: A kelvic slave bonded to a slave from a rival family (although not for much longer I suppose). In service to Jessica Lazarin, working as a spy.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't think so

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The political aspects of it. So much skeeviness possible, I love it.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Can't think of anything

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Rook will have to deal with the growing demands as his master's expectations for him rise

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I love social, character building threads, but also intrigue.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? I need to improve writing about combat, and maybe prose as well
Rook
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Caspian on December 4th, 2018, 3:37 am

Character Name: Caspian
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Spy
Briefly Describe Your Character: Flamboyant flatterer for hire.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Hmm, guess not? If there’s anything I could have done differently for the Fall job threads that I should keep in mind for Winter, please let me know.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The aesthetic! When I (re)joined Miz and was trying to decide between cities, the image of the crisscrossing bridges and canals and ravosalas really drew me in.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Not sure yet- Winter will be my second season, so maybe by the end of it something will come to mind.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? I plan on having Caspian work more on his music, and incorporating that in storylines with his profession. I also played all of last season solo- would definitely be interested in threading with other players in Ravok sometime, to see how Caspian interacts.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Social interactions for sure. I feel less confident writing about combat, but I think pushing myself to describe the physicality of music will help.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Combat, as mentioned above. And if I could figure out how to come up with better thread titles too.
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Hauk Tarn on December 5th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Character Name: Hauk Tarn
Type of Residence: Visitor
Profession: Hunter
Briefly Describe Your Character: Hauk is a Hunter, generally preferring to spend his time outdoors to crowded cities.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not really

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. I like the artificial order that the city enjoys, going so far as to effect the climate.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? N/A

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Skill development mostly, plus some get into some neat plots.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Still fleshing this character out.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? to able to write make Hauks observations more organically, and to be able to write npc's more organically as well.
Hauk Tarn
Player

Words: 33753
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next