Award May's Featured Thread for 2019 Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

May's Featured Thread for 2019 Is...

Postby Gossamer on May 2nd, 2019, 1:50 am

Image---
The Featured Thread For May 2019 is
Life In Pieces!

Caspian wrote:I would like to nominate, for the next Featured Thread, Madeira and Allister for Life in Pieces in Lhavit.

This thread engaged me from the start, and was a very appreciated reminder that one of the principal foundations of good writing is that there must be something for your characters to overcome - and for both Madeira and Allister, the oppositions they face, both ephemerally and materially, are constant, unrelenting, and at times from sources self-sabotaging and self-sustained. There’s a commitment from all sides to a high degree of attention to detail - on the chemically impaired state Madeira finds herself in, the surrounding infrastructure, the other races and magical presences that set the scenes, the contrast between Madeira’s inner machinations and Allister’s as a Kelvic. Despite the fantastical, mystical setting that is Mizahar, and the extra fantastic and mystic particulars of being in Lhavit, they’re driven by objectives and fears that are effectively relatable - not least on that list being possessiveness, confusion, alienation, and adoration.

Also, a very specific thing I felt about the first post - the pacing struck all the right beats for me, and I could readily picture that same narration and dialogue reworked for a modern police procedural instead! Totally out of genre, but I mean to say that to me, it was a vivid read and a success all around.

Really enjoyed this thread. Allister’s surplus of sensory experiences was exactly what I wanted from a Kelvic lens. Looking forward to reading this pair’s adventures in the future!

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

May's Featuerd Thread for 2019 Is...

Postby Antipodes on May 3rd, 2019, 7:59 am

Ahhh, I couldn't agree more with Caspian <3 You are both wonderful writers and this is yet another amazing bit of storytelling and look into the pair's crazy yet beautiful life. Very much deserved. Thanks again for continuing to share their story with us xx
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Kamilla on May 3rd, 2019, 2:44 pm

Congrats to you two.
Allister, Madeira... this thread was just... wow. From the moment I started reading I was hooked, you both have such a talent at matching the amount of detail to the pacing and the results are incredible. Not once during the course of the thread did I feel that there was more detail than progress or vice versa, it was a very natural and compelling read throughout. I would actually REALLY like to read some of the threads leading up this one now too... At the very least, the undead attack because I am so very intrigued.
Fantastic job you too, I'm glad I finally got a chance to read one of your threads and I'm now an instant fan.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Lani Stranger on May 5th, 2019, 12:18 am

Gosh this was a really good thread. I remember reading a bit of it when you first started, and now I finally got to catch up! The emotions are intense, congrats ya'll!

Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Finn Reefdiver on May 5th, 2019, 12:24 am

Congratulations Madeira and Allister! Caspian summed everything up so nicely though, but I do want to add that I have read many of your threads over the last months and you two are amazing writers. Thank you.
Finn Reefdiver
The voice of the sea, speaks to the soul

Words: 92174
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2019, 2:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Allister on May 6th, 2019, 11:11 pm

Thank you for the wonderful compliments!

I hope our stories inspire each of you in some small way.

I'm very grateful for the chance to write with Madeira. If you haven't yet had the pleasure, I suggest you find an excuse.
Pain without love is meaningless
Love without pain is selfish
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Words: 243321
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 8th, 2019, 4:51 am

Yes, thank you! We're having so much fun writing this thread, and I'm honoured to know someone out there enjoys reading it too. <3
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zach Grasswind on May 23rd, 2019, 10:30 am

Late to the party but I've just finished reading through this thread and a bunch of the ones that came before. A well deserved award, congrats to you both! I definitely need to keep reading both of your writings!
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)