Closed [The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Three Squires and a... Kitty?

Ball, Alexander and Garland train a willing Firenze how to fight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Three Squires and a... Kitty?

Postby Garland on September 27th, 2016, 11:07 am

Garland just smiled and picked up a sword. "What Alex said, I'm pretty good with a sword, not so much with bows. Ball likes punching things, mostly me, but other things too."

Garland gave a look towards Alex, and then Firenze, she seemed too small and physically weak to actually use a sword properly. Garland's style of fighting usually revolved around physical strength, he wondered how useful he would be in training this girl.

Garland was getting itchy to train and warm himself up. It was getting cold and he really wanted to hit something just to keep his muscles from stiffening up. Garland picked up a shield and started checking the weapons while Fire decided who to train with.

Garland made sure the weapons were blunted and cannot cut without real effort put into it. Garland gave a few cautionary swings away from the group to avoid hitting them. The weight was decent but Garland preferred his own personal blade.

With the weapons tested and sure it wouldn't do any serious harm if one were to get hit by it, Garland walked over to Alex and waited for Fire to choose.

ooc :
Short post, sorry, can't think of anything else to add
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2017, 12:59 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball watched as the heavily armoured and weaponized squire decided he had other important tasks to handle instead of the protection and training of a citizen. It was decisions like that that annoyed the little pycon to no end. A sigh erupted from between his lips and he looked back at the other two “I guess we can go forth and I can see how to train you both. That might make things easier anyway for all of us.” Ball motioned forward and shivered, the temperature was not fair to his little clay being and it was evident.

“I fear that yes learning to fight with a weapon is a skill any citizen must and should learn. The ability to defend your life without a weapon is also as important.” And a skill I shall bestow to my peers as they come forth. Once Garland had picked a weapon it didn't surprise Ball the look on his face showed he preference to a more... 'live' version of the weapon, but this was training and with a civilian no less. There was going to be little to no bloodshed if Ball had his say. Else it was going to be a squire paying for it.. And Ball was sure as Hai it wasn't going to be him.

He was not trying to pressure the lady, Firenze she said her name was? Just felt it was a valid comment in the situation. It seems the two other squires thought weapons were the end all.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on May 13th, 2019, 12:17 am

GRADES!

Ball, Alex, or Garland if you come back/resume writing please let me know and I will post your grade. Thanks!

Firenze
XP
  • Planning: 1
Lores
  • Syliras: A lot of people willing to help
  • Pycons: Strange talking mud
  • Pycons: A fascinating creature
  • Ball: Is a Pycon
  • Ball: Is good at unarmed
  • Ball: The smallest one with the largest mouth
  • Syliras: A city full of wonderous things
  • Garland: Good at Long sword
  • Alex: Is good at ranged and small weapons
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous