Let's Update The Lore!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Ines on July 23rd, 2019, 8:33 pm

Hey guys!

I'm sure everyone has noticed the plethora of red links, typoes, and outdated pages in the wiki. This can be especially frustrating for new people because a lot of good, helpful city information is listed in city forums and codex threads, which aren't advertised very well unless you're looking in that forum, and even then they blend in with the other stickies. Almost all of the info in the wiki pages is incorporated into the codex, which is ridiculous to me - so I have started a quest and I want other people to join in.

Let's update the lore!

All you need is a wiki account, editing privileges, and some spare time. Even if you just add things in piece by piece, there are soooo many things that need to be updated in the wiki that are already written out or posted in the forums themselves. Not to mention the countless red links for NPCs that already have writeups, just no lore page. To get editing privileges, all you have to do is make an account and tell Goss the username. The best part is that you don't need to ask for permission to add things to the wiki if they've already been written up by an ST in their forums!

Please post here if you're going to be working on something so that no one is stepping on toes. Thank you!
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Ines on July 27th, 2019, 6:20 pm

As of now, Ravok and Zeltiva have been updated, as well as multiple faction pages related to them (Wave Guard, Martial Society, City Guard) and a Race Relations page. I also added all of the information from the News Around the Campfire post on the Djed Storm of 512 into the wiki as its own page, and various red links that have information written somewhere have been filled out.

I am still accepting help!

I have gotten some interest but no one has followed through. All you need to do is make an account in the wiki and PM Goss on Discord or on the website and she will give you perms, and then post here with what you want to do.

Luminescence has also given me some information on Lhavit, namely:

I wanted to let you know there's some stuff in Lhavit that is due to be updated/fixed so probably shouldn't be put in the wiki yet. I'm not sure if you have a system for how you're going about things but I still wanted to let you know just in case; off the top of my head anything to do with the library needs a rehaul and so does information on the okomo. All the basic info in the Atlas (codex) should be good though.
Ines
sexy dracula

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Itt on July 27th, 2019, 8:06 pm

I'm going to hop in and help the best I can! I'm going to be working on Sunberth for now, seeing as it's popular with some new folk, so be on the lookout for the information from the codex being implemented into the lore itself!
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Siv on July 29th, 2019, 3:46 pm

I'll be joining in the wiki editing as well :) For now I do not have one specific page in mind but I will either find a topic and edit this post or you can just send me a list of the most urgent stuff if you have one.
Siv
Player

Words: 8471
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2019, 10:58 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Ines on July 29th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Currently I am just updating cities with relevant information in their codexes. Itt is doing Sunberth, but Lhavit is open. Solstice said she would try to get to Wind Reach this week.

tl;dr: Siv, go ahead and update Lhavit!
Ines
sexy dracula

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Calla Davin on August 14th, 2019, 5:54 pm

Hey all! I'm going to jump in as well! I'm working on adding the drugs from different cities into the price list and the lore in general.

Calla Davin
Retired Staff

Words: 102738
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2019, 7:44 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Rohka on August 15th, 2019, 7:21 am

Took a stab at creating a wiki page, learned a lot! Managed to make one for the Magic Wands rewarded after the writing challenge. Now that I've finally figured out how to do a bit of formatting, it feels easier to wade through the wiki. If I missed anything or if there's something that could be edited in a better way, please feel free!

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration, Ines ❤
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Siv on August 16th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Hi all!
I've been reorganising and categorizing pages while getting familiar with the editing process.
Itt, I moved some of the pages you created for Sunberth from 'Geography' to 'Locations', what do you think? I figured we can keep 'Geography' for wider topics rather than city locations?
In the future I'll try to add to the Race Relations as well as add to another city, depending on where help is needed :)
Siv
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Ines on August 16th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Thanks for stepping up guys! I haven't been feeling great so it's nice to see. :)

Siv, having city locations under the 'locations' category rather than 'geography' does make sense. I don't know how many city location pages there are, but did you end up moving all of them?

Keeping a balance of informational categories without overcrowding them with everything but the kitchen sink is pretty difficult. But naturally, a category like "Sylira" is going to be pretty full.

Thank you, everyone! If you need any help with wiki formatting or have any questions feel free to DM me on Discord.
Ines
sexy dracula

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Let's Update The Lore!

Postby Siv on August 17th, 2019, 11:08 am

Haha no not all of them yet, but that's the plan!
I'll keep you guys updated when I move on to other things.

Thank you for your work everybody!
Siv
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next