OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Winter 519

Please Register if you are going to play in Syka this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Winter 519

Postby Gossamer on December 8th, 2019, 1:17 pm

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in Fall of 519 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots so its important to not give generic answers, but to be very specific and thoughtful.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry

1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract?
  6. What are your character goals this season?
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  9. Why did you pick Syka?
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  11. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]
[list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/list][/box]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kamilla on December 8th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Kamilla 'Circe' Gordon
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 27 (this season), Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Been a resident for 3 seasons but, sadly, leaving near the end of winter
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Got a job and some coin.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Kamilla is a solitary mage who's begun to find her place in Syka as she becomes a part of the community. Magic is her interest but it's going to effect her in a big way this season.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Lots of training, hopefully explore some of Syka's secret locations and develop more meaningful relationships.
    ?
    Weapon and Construction are on the map, the rest not yet.
  8. IIf you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  9. Why did you pick Syka? The tropical setting, the wilderness and the ancient magical ruins... as well as the small intimate community.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Absolutely no idea, unless Kam finds herself in a moderation required location
  11. Additional Comments?

I am both excited to write in Syka this season and see how the new changes affect us residents and the settlement as a whole. Also sad to be poofing and probably won't be back home for a while. But its for a fun reason and if she does survive to return it'll be as a completely new person.
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Nya Winters on December 8th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Nya Winters
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 11, Female Kelvic
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident - Newly returned from retirement
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I'll take a job.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Nya is reclusive, half-feral, and introverted. She likes the jungle and feels safe and at home there. She enjoys protecting the settlement and works that kind of angle in her threads. She has few friends and doesn't need many.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Do a little fun rp.
    ?
    She's E on the WS, and working on the other skills. She has a trade suited to Syka - Leatherworking.
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? I'm fine on Jungle Excursions alone.
  9. Why did you pick Syka? I like the atmosphere.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? None. It's a conflict of interest.
  11. Additional Comments?

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Ines on December 8th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You?
    Ines
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    3, Female, Vampire Bat Kelvic
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
    Resident!
    Ines has a job.
    Ines is a kelvic with a solitary streak and a ghost for a sister. She has no bondmate, and it's very likely she won't end up with one this season. She is going to hit expert in WS very early, and as a result she'll be socializing with people in Syka a lot less than she did the previous seasons. She's going to spend a lot more of her time in the jungle, especially Bala's Bowl. However when she's in Syka you'll be able to find her at the saw mill a lot of the time. It will also be hard to get her to take people into the jungle with her who are under expert or don't appreciate it the same way she does.
    I wrote a huuuge plotnotes with her goals and also made a group plotnotes that anyone is free to post and collaborate in. Mainly: Expert WS, Architectrix, Spiritism.
    ?

10 points away from E+ WS. Weapon at N. Foraging at N. Carpentry/Construction going to be done this season. Hunting too if she can find someone to go with.
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
    Yes.
    Why wouldn't I pick Syka?
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
    Meeting Cres and starting Arch. Finishing up my summer intro thread which I have super slacked on even though it has 2-3 more posts left max.
  11. Additional Comments?
    Please please please post in the group plotnotes with your plans for the season even if you think they're irrelevant. I promise you, someone is going to have something that fits right in with them.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Syka Winter 519 Character Registry

Postby Laira Wells on December 9th, 2019, 1:29 am

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Laira Wells
  2. Age, Sex, Race?22, Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Laira has just arrived this season, after traveling all the way from Sunberth.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Laira is in need of a job.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Laira is a hyper-vigilant, untrusting huntress who is likely going to have some difficulty adjusting to the laid back nature of Syka. As her WS is quite low, she's likely going to raise hell for the pigs at The Swine Swells.
  6. What are your character goals this season? I think overall skill development is my goal, so I'm hoping to write threads challenging Laira and pushing her to become more independent. Also, I would like to chip away at Laira's paranoid habits, and build her self-confidence when it comes to PC interaction.
    ?
    No, however I am the closest to the suggested proficiencies for weapons and hunting.
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? I do, and I hope the wilderness doesn't eat Laira alive before she can make it to expert.
  9. Why did you pick Syka? The attitude, especially the cooperation, of the people in Syka appeal to an emotionally starved Laira.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? If anything, I might just need some help getting settled in and finding Laira's place in Syka.
  11. Additional Comments?
I look forward to threading with you all!
Laira Wells
Player

Words: 14909
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nicomedos Smithgrip on December 9th, 2019, 5:56 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Nicomedos Smithgrip
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 56, male, Isur
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Newly arrived future resident. Reached Syka by way of sailing from Riverfall on a trade ship.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Nico has enough coin to start with, but definitely wants a job as a blacksmith.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Dedicated to becoming a master craftsman, Nico is constantly looking to improve himself and rarely turns down an opportunity to learn. He is very patient and calculated, which sometimes comes off as unintelligent to strangers due to his longer than usual response times to everyday conversation. He dislikes being rushed while making something, as the planning process is often the most enjoyable part for him.
  6. What are your character goals this season? His biggest goal is to LEARN. Either to become a better craftsman or survive in this new environment without relying on the aid of others. He hopes to save enough coin to begin his own business, and build enough reputation to make him the go-to guy for his trade. Ultimately he is working towards becoming a figurehead in society.
    ?
    No, brand new PC
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  9. Why did you pick Syka? It was recommended to me, and the more I read about it the more interested I became. I love the idea of a challenge, and Syka has more than a few to throw at my character and myself as a new writer.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Not entirely sure yet (as I haven't completely deciphered when to use a Moderator) but I'm hoping towards the end of the season Nico will have enough influence to start making minor changes to the settlement.
  11. Additional Comments? I am super excited to begin playing and I hope my newly found passion for this site remains kindled. I have so many loosely floating ideas right now (I need to organize myself haha) and have a lot of free time. Right now I am having difficulty figuring out how I can use NPCs and when I need a moderator. I'm sure I am overthinking it, but guidance would be appreciated
Nicomedos Smithgrip
Player

Words: 11180
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2019, 7:21 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jehu on December 16th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Jehu

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Jehu
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 26, Male, Chaktawe
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Hunter/Security
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Jehu is on a journey to find self. After failing a Chaktawe rite of passage, he struggles between seeking his way back to his roots or abandoning them. He is considerate, hard-working and can be simplistic in the way he sees things. His season as a Zith has some lasting effects he is just beginning to understand.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Skill development, encountering a deity/gnosis, learning an art.
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended Skills? He has N in Carpentry and Construction, and has been working to raise Weapon, Hunting, Foraging and WS.
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  9. Why did you pick Syka? its intimate size and development
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Possible help with a gnosis thread
  11. Additional Comments?

Jehu
Player

Words: 85295
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2019, 9:53 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Quzon on December 20th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You?
    Quzon
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    31, Male, Mixed Blood (Myrian/Isur)
    Resident

Quzon works as a Geologist. Identifying stone/metals and finding them for the settlement.

A worshiper of Battle who sees strength as the means of achieving any accomplishment. Raised in Falyndar, Quzon finds the harsh Jungle Wilds to be the perfect place to constantly challenge himself.

• To Kill that whiptail once and for all.
    • Learn about and obtain a jungle suitable riding mount, somehow.
    • Bodybuilding.
    • Learn Masonry to build that tower to Leth.

?

No, but he is working on achieving them.

Yes.

Quzon was born in Falyndar and has come think of Syka as his home.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? None required. But it would be fun to interact with any fun Sykan NPCs in interesting ways.
  11. Additional Comments?
    As I work on getting Q active, I'm open to having Quzon help other PCs who need to do things. The reverse is also open, like paying a wilderness survivalist to aid him with things in the jungle. Or someone to teach him herbalist skills.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Sidhe on December 26th, 2019, 12:43 am

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Sidhe of the Red Orchid
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 25, Male, Myrian
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Newly arrived future resident. Sidhe arrived with a small group of other Myrians who were headed to Riverfall and he decided to stay.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? He has enough for the Common seasonal expenses but, as a Myrian, Sidhe would never squat somewhere without being a working member of the community. Laziness isn't tolerated where he's from, and he's grown up fully embraced in that mindset. He's a medic.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Sidhe is a kind-hearted savage. Like all Myrians, he can be bloodthirsty and relentless when he needs to be, but for the vast majority of the time, he is simply an herbalist and healer. A lover of nature, there are probably few in Taloba who revere Caiyha and all that Her domain could give as me does, though, of course, he doesn't revere Her as much as he does his Goddess-Queen, Myri.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Get established in Syka and get to Competent Wilderness Survival, Herbalism, Botany, Medicine, and Weapon: Dagger.
    ?
    No, but he'll be working on most of them this season, specifically WS, Weapon, Hunting, and Foraging. The others will have to come later.
  8. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes.
  9. Why did you pick Syka? Because it's cool and offers a great amount of possible adventure for Sidhe, who lives for adventure.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? No clue.
  11. Additional Comments? Sup.
Sidhe
of the Red Orchid

Words: 15628
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2019, 9:56 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets