Weekend Writing Challenge - 7/24 - 7/27

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on July 29th, 2020, 3:25 am

Hi Guys!

Prizes are as follows:

• A small silver key - The Key of All Locks - this small silver key will unlock any mundane lock such as a door, chest, etc. It will not unlock magical locks.
  • A leather backpack - This is a Backpack of Voiding
  • A wooden broom with a thick straw sweep - A Flying Broom! This broom will carry one average-sized person for one hour of controlled flight time per day. They simply hold the broom parallel to the ground, it will float, then one can perch on it with their rump, and it will take their weight. They must steer the broom right or left, up or down, using a grip on the top portion of the broom handle.
  • A necklace with a swirling gemstone charm on it - This is a Necklace of Adaptation. This small swirling gemstone charm will allow the wearer to breathe in all toxic environments... underwater, in thin air, in stale or poisonous air, etc.
  • A camouflaged colored cloak - The Chameleon Cloak lets you blend into your environment automatically changing color to suit the background. This cloak will not conceal things like motion, sound, etc. But as long as you remain completely still, the cloak can make you look like whatever your standing adjacent.
  • A leather waterskin - An Everfull Waterskin - this waterskin is a source of fresh water that will not run out ever. It is marked by Makutsi.
  • A set of lightweight shackles - The Unbreakable Shackles - these shackles will bind themselves on any living or dead creature you touch them too. They will not release themselves from said creature until you wish them too. They are incredibly powerful and can even bind a God.
  • An empty quiver - The Replicating Quiver - Although empty, this quiver has a memory to it. It will remember each and every type of arrow and bolt placed in it. All one has to do is gift it one of any number of types of arrows and bolts for it to remember these things.... then when one needs a projectile to fire from a bow, they simply need to reach into the quiver and what they desire (so long as it been placed in the quiver before) will materialize in their hands.
  • A dull gemstone - A Stone of Illumination - this dull gemstone will brighten spectacularly when held aloft. It will light an area easily 1000 sq feet depending on wall structures and roofs. Out in the open, it will illuminate a true circle of 1000 square feet. It has unlimited charges and can glow indefinitely. It is marked by Priskil.
  • A set of goggles - Night Goggles - These goggles will allow the wearer to see with night vision after Syna sets.
  • A small folded up tent - Base Camp - This small tent opens up into what appears to be a small tent. However, once someone ducks through the entrance, they discover a 1500 sq ft pavilion completely with kitchen, dining, multiple cots for multiple people, and a small stable. It has a living area and a full-service latrine.
  • A bag of dust - Dust of Revealing - This dust when tossed into the air by the pinch will automatically migrate and cling to any invisible object.
  • A metal armband shaped like a snake - The Reptile's Promise - This armband grants the wearer immunity from any reptile based poison or venom regardless of how its delivered. Snakebites will not harm the wearer even if it was a poisonous snake, nor will poisons made from snake venom (or the venom of other reptiles ) actually affect the wearer.
  • A glimmering silver ring - Ring of Invisibility - This ring grants the ring wearer a bell of invisibility for every Novice, Competent, Expert and Master level they have of the stealth skill per day. If they are competent at stealth, for example, they will get two bells of invisibility wearing the ring.
  • A monocle on a bronze chain - The Lens of Revealing - this monocle, when placed or held over one's eye, will begin to reveal anything that has been attempted o be conceal ... hidden wall safes, hidden doors in ruins, concealed passages, overlooked treasure rooms, etc
  • A walking stick - The "Never Lost" Walking stick allows a user to know exactly where they are in relation to where they were coming from or going to at any given time so long as the stick is leaned on and well cared for. These sticks were treasured by explorers in the pre-Valterrian era. Having no capacity to get lost, these walking sticks have made life immeasurably better for explorers and traders. They appear as an average hand-carved sapling or other small tree. Yet they are strong enough for everyday use.

If you wrote one thread, you can pick one item. If you wrote two threads, you can pick two items. If you wrote three or more threads, you can pick three items. Once everyone has selected a prize (or prizes), I will reveal what the items do. :) Torture, I know, but it makes it more fun for me.

Post below your choice, and once everyone has picked by TOMORROW at 9pm pst I will reveal what EVERY item does. Yes, they are magical.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karsynwa on July 29th, 2020, 3:35 am

I'd like to choose:

- A bag of dust
- A camouflaged colored cloak
- A small folded up tent
Last edited by Karsynwa on July 29th, 2020, 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Asterope on July 29th, 2020, 6:41 am

Oh man, so many cool items. I can't wait to see what they all do!

I'll be taking 1) a necklace with a swirling gemstone charm, and 2) a metal bracelet shaped like a snake, please. :)

Thank you for the challenge as always!

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Willjan on July 29th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Taking the
glimmering silver ring.

Looking forward to seeing what that broom does!

Willjan
Player

Words: 27566
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Glenfeidh on July 29th, 2020, 12:21 pm

I shall take the monocle with the bronze (oh, if only it were silver! Bronze is so passé.) chain, and become the best dressed gentleman in Syka!

Not that it's hard to do so, people don't exactly wear much over there.
Robert Glenfeidh
Player

Words: 50633
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2020, 1:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caspian on July 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm

I would like:

- a small silver key
- a wooden broom with a thick straw sweep
- a metal bracelet shaped like a snake

Thank you!
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on July 29th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Crylon completed 2 threads, so will pick:
1-A wooden broom with a thick straw sweep(Changed from "A set of goggles" per Discord roll due to redundancy of goggles)
2-A small silver key

Thanks, this was an interesting challenge, got me to to work on a skill I had been putting off.

Last edited by Crylon Stonecraft on July 30th, 2020, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Tazrae on July 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm

I'll take the quiver and the backpack. Thanks!
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 29th, 2020, 11:44 pm

Thanks for playing folks. It was a lot of fun. But now that the prizes have been revealed, I'm giving the top earner one additional pick now that they can see what everything is. Once he does that, I'll add your prizes to your SS threads. Remember, you need to acquire these things in thread however you like... have them be found, gifted, sold to you etc. Please note them in your CS and note where you have found them!

Thanks!

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karsynwa on July 29th, 2020, 11:51 pm

I'd like to pick: A set of lightweight shackles.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous