Weekend Challenge 10/23-10/26

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on October 23rd, 2020, 1:55 am

I'd like you all to think of one brand new never been thought of or discussed plot for your PC that you introduce this weekend in a single introductory thread. I'd like this plot to have a significant impact on your PC and change some fundamental part of your PC's life that you can spin other plots off of for NaNo. This can be an event, an encounter, or a single situation that has a huge impact on your PC.

To sign up you need to post here and be prepared to post a synopsis of the plot within this thread. It's okay if you sign up and post the plot synopsis after you do your writing but before the deadline - aka make the plot part of the post TBA etc. Then link your sign-up-post to the thread you where you write about the situation. This thread can be linked to other threads or other happenings, but the core of the thread must be something entirely new from the moment you read this post. The thread needs to be at least 2500 words long and be posted prior to Monday October 26th at 9pm PST.

Please don't reuse already developed plots. It is fine to work together and interweave each others plots. Each individual must finish thier 2500 words to recieve a challenge prize. Please have fun. And if you include something 'spooky' in your plot you will be eligible for an extra prize for honoring the spirit of the season.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Adeliz on October 23rd, 2020, 6:35 pm

Adeliz will be joining. She is going to be branching out, building new relationships, mostly with her fellow dead. This particular thread is going to be her introduction to Veronica, the ghostly girl with her ghost kitten.
Adeliz
Forgotten sister

Words: 68069
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2018, 2:30 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Yomila on October 23rd, 2020, 11:53 pm

cats in the cradle

After touching base with Mayhem about making use of Equuleus, I'm putting my original plan to explore a relationship with him and Tanroa aside and focusing on ridding my Emophal of angst. What's a great cure for loneliness? Cats. No better therapy in the world. Yomila has been a cold fish for so long, keeping everyone at arm's length, it will be good for her to get a friend to help make her new place not feel so empty and lonely. I hadn't intended on getting Yomila an animal (aside from the warhorse she gets) so it'll be an interesting departure.

Lots of discoveries made, lots of spin off material created. Thank you for the challenge!

thread: The Cat's Meow
words: 825+825+865+731+880+821+425 = 5,372
Last edited by Yomila on October 29th, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yomila
Player

Words: 74856
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Karsynwa on October 25th, 2020, 2:31 am

I'd like to throw my hat in as well. Starting with Karsynwa.

Here is a brief synopsis for my introductory thread:

It begins with the accidental death of his squad leader Arrel, an accident Karsynwa barely has time to digest before he is visited by the ghost of the man he once knew. But this ghost is not like Arrel had been in life, and his arrival in the dead of night fills Karsynwa with dread.

The shade of Arrel believes his death was no accident and has laid the burden on Karsynwa to aid him in this matter. A quest that Karsynwa significantly doubts as it slowly becomes more apparent that Arrel's sanity has begun to fray. Pressed into service, Karsynwa is a reluctant co-conspirator on this journey to find out if the shade's suspicions are justified or this is just a mad delusion to cling onto life. An as Karsynwa vacillates wildly between the two sides, he is forced to face these doubts head on with the shade of Arrel ever breathing down his back.

This is the first step on a long journey that will force Karsynwa to confront many uncomfortable truths that he has the choice to either overcome or let them master him.

Fits of mercy - 2,744
Last edited by Karsynwa on October 25th, 2020, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rohka on October 25th, 2020, 4:21 am

A healing journey with a brand new plot, never thought of before, totally open to where it takes her.

Cold to the Bone

Plot details: Rohka awakens in the Center of Healing, where has been recovering from a sickness for an unknown period of time. She writes in her journal to help her process what happened to her. She admits to herself that something or some part of her died on the journey to get to Zeltiva. Markham, her guide, becomes suspicious of her aura. Spoiler below:

Spooky :
Markham discovers that she is, in fact, possessed by the ghost of Krish

Thank you for the prompt, Gossamer. Missed writing stories in/for/with Miz.
Last edited by Rohka on November 1st, 2020, 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on October 25th, 2020, 3:16 pm

I'm doing the challenge!

I'll update this post later, but Tazrae is going to go for a near-death experience where she learns first hand how dangerous Syka can be even in a place one loves. She is struck and bitten by an eyelash viper and has to run to the Panacea to be saved. She has an out of body experience while she's being treated and imagines seeing Kihala again. She decides to do something about the snake problem in Syka as Jansen saves her life.

To The Edge of Death And Back

Word Count: 2776
Last edited by Tazrae on November 1st, 2020, 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ari'Ellin on October 25th, 2020, 3:54 pm

I would love to join this if I can get finished on time. I’ll update with the thread link once I’ve posted it.

Synopsis: Ari is informed of her mothers death and has to deal with the immediate emotions and the results of those emotions.

Link: Here
Word Count: 566 + 511 + 502 + 528 + 503 = 2610
Last edited by Ari'Ellin on October 28th, 2020, 5:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on October 25th, 2020, 9:49 pm

I will be attempting with Moritz.

Moritz will be acquiring some money from a prior challenge, honestly the first money he's had, and will be spending some of it on acquiring a pet.

Normally this would be standard stuff, and an entrance into animal husbandry and handling, but its a bit more complex than just that for Moritz as he'll be buying a dog which is an animal that predominantly eats meat. Moritz however is quite firmly a plant eater.

This will mean having to come to terms with killing and meat eating around him, and possibly get him to look deeper into his thoughts on such things and get him into hunting and other skills to humanely acquire meat.

Thread-here
Completed- Yes
Current word Count- 606+427+648+623+811=3,115
Last edited by Moritz Craven on October 26th, 2020, 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Marino Oceangem on October 26th, 2020, 3:43 am

Dire straits

Marino finds himself stranded and out of his depth when Twist sustains a grievous injury. So close and yet so far away from any who could be of better use, Marino is forced to do what he can for his friend to hopefully sustain him on the ride back into Syka's bay. However there is only so much he can do, and Marino struggles to split himself between two drives. To save his friend or to spend what might be Twist's last few moments at his side. An then there is the matter of this strange injury that Marino does not have the skill himself to examine, much less take care of in any meaningful fashion.

Thread: Dire straits - 2,511
Last edited by Marino Oceangem on October 27th, 2020, 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 27th, 2020, 12:33 am

All these ideas look so great! I can't wait to read the threads that involve them all.

Since we are having technical issues with the site currently, I'm going to extend the contest out through this week so hopefully Tarot will have a chance to clean up whatever it is causing all the inability to post. Its probably something really silly like we ran out of memory or something... but we'll have to wait until the expert ways back in and lets us know AND gives the all clear.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Next