Location [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Leviathan on March 12th, 2011, 11:30 pm

As Jokor reached out to shake Ros's hand, the Isur pulled away. Something caught his eye that he obviously overlooked before. He gave a short 'Hmm' as he pondered some more, he smiled. "I notice the mark on the weapon here. Karos, an Isur. I know him." Ros looked up from the weapon once more to look at Jokor. Could it be that he knew of the weapon's status? Stolen? The Isur smirked lightly. "I'm surprised you would buy such a fine weapon and use it so little, but it is not my place to judge." The isur's firm grasp engulfed Jokor's hand as he felt a squeeze and vigorous shake. "Come back to me in four days and your daggers will be ready for use." With that, Ros handed Jokor eight golden coins, the Miza, and took the stolen Katar. It was likely he would melt it down for the material it was made from, rather than reselling it like some cheap pawn shop. In four days, Jokor could pick up his new weapons, free of charge.

Ledger+8 gm
+ 2 Daggers - Isurian Steel
- 1 Stolen Isurian Steel Katar
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vimos Stonejaw on March 13th, 2011, 5:31 am

"Ros? I know your around brother." Vimos looked around the wonderful forge, ssearching for the Isur smith. He clasped his hands. Vimos was hoping the dagger he had requested was done, though he also had some bad news. Something had come up and Vimos had to leave the city. He promised himself that someday he would and join Ros. He approched the counter to wait.
Vimos Stonejaw
never respected always forgotten

Words: 7516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 7:42 am
Race: Isur

Postby Malemar on March 22nd, 2011, 9:00 pm

Day 2, Spring, 511 AV

Malemar wandered into The Ironworks, looking around for a new weapon. A longsword is what he wanted, that being his favoured weapon, the one that his father had taught him to wield, training him when time was generous to them. He looked around him at the weapons that were on display. He browsed the wares on display for a while, examining the racks and the wall displays. Eventually he came upon a longsword that took his fancy. Carefully he lifted the sword from the rack, holding it in one hand just above the hilt. It seemed to be perfectly weighted, the hilt and blade both in perfect balance. After replacing the blade upon the rack from which he took it, and looking around for a while longer, he decided to make his purchase. Approaching the counter, he spotted the proprietor and caught his attention. After telling the man which weapon he wanted, he started discussing the price with the man. Soon they came to an agreement upon the price. 25 Gold Mizas is what the man asked for, so going into his pack he pulled out one of the bags he used to keep his coins in . He counted out 25 Gold Mizas and laid them on the counter in front of Ros, the proprietor at The Ironworks. He turned to walk away and hesitated, turning back to the counter, he pulled another 5 coins from his purse, tossing them on the table in front of Ros. "This, for your good work and magnificent skills, my friend." A smile formed on Malemars lips as he walked away. Not forgetting to pick up his sword on the way, he walked to the door, happy with his new purchase.
Malemar
Player

Words: 8967
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 8:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on May 2nd, 2011, 4:39 pm

OOCI'm so sorry for the long delay. I've been busy with school, work, and family.

@ Vimos

Ros actually wasn't in today. For some reason unknown, Vimos's new friend wasn't available, but he found a young man, strong, yet still a boy waiting at the counter with a firm smile and a coal smeared face and hands. "Greetings, Ros said an Isur was going to come about soon. He said he was waiting for your arrival but he had matters to attend to. What can I help you with?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on May 2nd, 2011, 4:45 pm

Eanos wrote:
Winter 11, 510

It had been hardly a ten day since Eanos had last visited the Ironworks, the place where he had worked for two seasons. Now though he was not coming as an employee but as a customer, albeit not one who was looking to purchase a finished product.

He waved greeting as he entered the shop front but immediately went in search of Ros, his fellow Isur.

"Ros!" He smiled at the man who was such an important part of this city, and one whom if he was not an employer any longer still held the power over whether or not his new venture would be a success or failure.

He offered his hand in greeting and when that was done, launched into his proposition.

"I wanted to thank you for the order from the Knights and the cold iron which you provided. The work is much appreciated." He gave Ros a nod for that. "I have a new customer who wanted a blade and I was wondering if you might be able to see your way towards supplying me with some steel or cold iron. I understand that it is not so easy to obtain, and will be expensive."

He wasn't entirely sure that it would be possible at all, and if it was whether or not the price would be prohibitive. He'd given Hrafn a quote which had been perhaps rash, yet to have done otherwise would have indicated a lack of knowledge which he wasn't willing to admit to for it would have raised questions about his skills. Yet too he had made no promises about making what the Isur wanted in anything other than iron.

Ros took Eanos's hand in a firm handshake. Unlike most competitors in business, these two had managed to maintain a strong friendship despite being against each other for profit. Besides, Eanos was still bringing money in for Ros. "I have a shipment of cold iron, steel, and Isurian Steel taht should arrive in a few days. I can't spare much but if it's just a few weapons' worth I could probably spare it for a fair price, for a brother that is." Ros grinned genuinely as he stood there, waiting for Eanos's response.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cenric Stolvind on June 12th, 2011, 2:58 pm

11th, Summer, 511 AV - Early Morning.

A season had come and went, and Cenric just now arrived at the Ironworks. It had taken a severe blow to his wealth just to get him to consider even showing up. Those same feelings he had felt at the Employment Office had been chewing away at his mind. The words of that woman popping back up in his mind like an annoying gnat you couldn't get rid of. To him and to a few others, his skills were useful. A few weeks ago he realized he had lost sight of why he came to Syliras to begin with: To start a new life.

Now here he was, standing as tall as he could with a friendly smile and a purposeful stride as he entered the Ironworks. As he entered the sound of hammer blows on metal and the roar of flames from the furnaces. Looking around for a moment, he noticed an Isur. Walking up the man, Cenric offered his hand for a handshake. Speaking in what was obviously a very rusty use of the Isur language Cenric said "Hello, my name is Cenric Stolvind. I'm looking for a place of employment." he hoped that it would be a good gesture and hopefully get him some work in this place. Speaking in the tongue brought back memories though, after all these years to think he was conversing like this again.
Cenric Stolvind
The Outgoing Hooligan

Words: 6672
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on June 17th, 2011, 2:47 am

Ros had only looked away from the work of one of many apprentices within the large Blacksmithing Shop, the Ironworks. With a nod of his head and a whisper of approval, the Isur moved away only to be intercepted by Cenric, and a handshake. The Isur obliged, grasping hand in firm hand. "There's no need to struggle with a language foreign to you friend, but I appreciate your offer. I am Ros Vizerian, and I speak Common perfectly well. To thrive among the humans, one must learn such an ability." Ros grinned as he released Cenric's hand. "Excellent, I'm always willing to bring people into the business. What can you do? Any experience with blades and armor or are you seeking to learn as well as work?"
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cenric Stolvind on June 17th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Chuckling a bit, Cenric was glad he had made what he thought was hopefully a good impression. However, he wasn't completely sure how to respond to Ros' comments as to why he spoke Common. It unnerved him slightly. Figuring it was just his imagination, the man pushed it to the back of his mind. Cenric took another quick look around at the place, then his attention came back to Ros.

"Well, I really don't know much of anything about blacksmithing." Cenric's smile faded slightly as he gave a short laugh. "I'm willing to learn and do whatever it takes to do what I have to do though. I don't care what you have me doing here, as long as I can get the chance to get this stuff in my head." As he spoke, he seemed to do minor hand motions without realizing what he was doing.
Cenric Stolvind
The Outgoing Hooligan

Words: 6672
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on June 18th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Ros nodded as he glanced back at the forges, one particular apprentice, a young man just shy of being technically a man, dropped a stack of freshly produced horse shoes. A loud racket that was. Ros returned his attention to Cenris, chuckling lightly. "Don't fret. You'll learn soon enough if you dedicate yourself to this. So, is there anything else I need to help you with or are you satisfied with the job?" Ros grinned. It wouldn't pay insanely well, Cenric wasn't yet skilled, but he would be given the chance to learn, to forge his skills and temper his talents. If he worked hard, he would become as sharp as the blades he could produce. Working under Ros did that to people.

Moderator's Notefor a novice blacksmith, Cenric will earn an average wage of 6 gm per day for his seasonal wages. This means you take 6 gm, times the number of days he had the job during that season, and you get his overall income. Subtract from living expenses and you have money leftover (hopefully). To earn this money, you are required to write 2 threads about blacksmithing, mostly Cenric working and earning his pay, and have them graded. I will pm the info to Dusk and she can set up your Storyteller thread with your wages. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to pm me.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on July 5th, 2011, 12:31 am

Summer 511 4th spring

Jokor once again walked inside of the ironworks, looking around for the same isur that had helped him last time or at least hoping to notice anybody else that knew something about armor and weapons, he really was sick of always getting his but kicked by Jaelyn or any of the other squires he sparred with just because his daggers where just completely useless against them, so he vowed to get something he could even the playfield with, after all if he ever got into a real fight and his opponent was wearing armor he was screwed.

Finally spotting Ros in the crowded workspace he walked towards him. “Hey could ya help a customer out with something?”
The isur turned away from the blacksmith he was discussing something with to get a look at him before quickly giving the man some quick final orders before he walked towards him.
“Sure I can help you with something, as long as you tell what you need.” Jokor nodded before answering that question.
“Well I need a weapon that can either punch through armor or damage the person wearing it in any way. Daggers are good weapons but if ya can't get close enough to aim for the gaps in it they are kinda useless.” The isur nodded his head at that observation and walked towards one of the tables where the finished wares where laying for the customers to observe and took a warhammer. Holding it up for jokor to see. “This weapon here is fairly fitting for somebody like you. Its fairly light for what its made for, its one-handed and you can both crush something with it or try and pierce the armor with the pike on the back of the weapons head. It isn't to expensive either, only 12 golden miza for it. With another 5 for a easy sheet to store it. Jokor groaned at the price, but he couldn't deny that it was fairly cheap, for a weapon at least, not to mention it looked fairly easy to use, just bash your enemy with it. Still he handed over the needed miza for both the holder and the weapon itself.
“Well I'll take it.” When the isur gave him the holder and took the miza's jokor turned around end left the training

ledger-12 GM for weapon, -5 gm for a holder.
OOC :
Sorry for that ^^; completley forgot about that.
Last edited by Jokor on July 5th, 2011, 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext