The Random Thank You Thread...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Kelpie on April 25th, 2011, 5:24 am

*Cries @ the Lhavit hate*

But I never said I hated Syliras. I love you Selbabe. WHERE IS THE LOVE. :((
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 1st, 2011, 3:31 am

I'd like to say thank you for all the great banners people have been making for the site. I'm really proud that Mizahar is such a community driven website where everyone is participating.

I'd also like to personally thank Tarot and his brilliance for always coming up with new and exciting ways for players to be and feel involved by adding pieces of themselves to the game.

And one more thanks, of course, to our great staff who haven't once complained about some of the mandatory assignments I've given them lately. They are an amazing group of folks. I hope you guys remember to thank them often and do what you can to help them out.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Dimitri on May 1st, 2011, 7:09 pm

After being here for a bit longer, I must make some new thank yous.  I know my chivalrous habits grate some the wrong way and I'm by and by no perfect angel, but many of you have helped on many different levels.

Gossamer- Thank you for listening to my constant non stop stream of questions, ideas, etc. You are very helpful in helping me figure out those tiny little details I must absolutely know despite the fact that in the end they don't really matter. Thanks for helping me stay on the straight and narrow, and for listening and understanding the man behind the abs. Also my avatar will be changing soon, less abs. Thank you for everything Gossamer, you are an amazing member of the site and one of the most helpful I've met. It's my pleasure badgering you.

Dusk- Thanks for making such an amazing place where one of my... Addiction to threads can flourish. (38 active at the moment I believe. Insane I know) Thanks for staying atop of what I'm doing and wishing to do and giving me the best advice for becoming a Knight in your domain. "Stay focused as a real squire would." You may not remember saying this due to me bugging you really early on a morning you typically aren't alive to the world, but it's spurred me on, kept me going. Thanks for the new dormitories and continuing to develop Syliras. The new map by the way was incredibly helpful. Thank you for actually caring for the well being of the writer, not just the squire. I know you hate my job, and i know you may think I am insane for doing this still. (maybe all the brain damage?) but thank you for caring. You've been a massive source of help, inspiration, and good friend. Thank you Lady Dusk.

Leviathan, Templar, Archon- I would like to thank all of the minions for both grading and threading with myself. A couple bumps along the path but nothing that couldn't be ironed out. I hope my threads arent too dreadfully boring, and are written to your individual tastes. I still think Templar should have gotten my romance thread but no use crying over spilt shield polish. Thank you all for helping develop Dimitri, and for pushing him forward and I will continue to blow up your offices. I appreciate all you've done.

Ophelia- You were there when the Dimitri mask cracked revealing the monster and the man within. But you didnt let anything stop you from pushing through and helping through an incredibly tough moment in my life when I was more than alone. The healing has started and much of that credit belongs to you. Thank you so much for being a great friend in a time of great need.

Kamalia, Satu, Flick, Cheshire, Vala, and others - Thank you all for helping me through the dark period of my friends death. You all went above and beyond the call of chat buddies and I appreciate it to no bound and I hope to be able to help you similarly one day. Thank you.

Threaders of Syliras - thank you all for threading with me and my strange adventures. I appreciate the well written posts, the timely replies, and just helping write wonderful stories. I'll keep it up so long as I have the means.

Rest of mizahar- thank you all for assisting in smaller less noticeable ways, but help nonetheless. Thank you for being there when you were, helping when you could, and for being yourselves. I appreciate you all and I hope to thread with everyone one day.

Thank you Mizahar for all the fun times had and all the times to be. I look forward to becoming someone important here, even if it's the polite guy or the friendly squire.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 3rd, 2011, 8:11 pm

Storytellers & Staffers -

Thank you very much for all the indulging you've been doing lately by so happily taking up the reins of these latest challenges and working with the players to help improve not only are cohesiveness as staff but cohesiveness as a site. You guys are fabulous - one and all. And I promise I won't put more on you than you guys can take. We'll do one thing at a time, take one small step after another, and then look back and see where those steps started and where we've gotten too. I know sometimes the players don't thank you enough for all you do (though sometimes they do!), but I wanted to put it out there yet again that you are an amazing group of people that I highly respect - one and all.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Verilian on May 4th, 2011, 3:50 am

I'd like to give thanks to:

Gossamer: For answering all my questions, be they about Sira or stuff in Ravok. For acting as a go between when I need a quick answer and Gil isn't conveniently around. For dealing with all the tons of questions I have asked you in the past. For thinking I was good enough to be an AS

Gillar: For believing in me when I came up with a crazy quest idea and not letting me get overwhelmed. For welcoming me into your city and answering all my questions. For not getting mad at me for not realizing there was a page 2 and 3 to the coordination thread until just recently. For everything else you have done.

Seth: For being an awesome co-pilot on this wild ride we call Ravok. For helping out with my quest and taking on threads because I was crazy and let more people sign up than I could handle. And for randomly PMing me asking how I am doing, even if I don't always answer back.

Jules: For being an awesome friend and role playing with me, even if you did disappear for a while. I still love you though. ^^ For just going with it and bonding with Sira even though it wasn't the direction you had planned for Addy. For recommending me to be an AS.

Amanda: For not killing me yet, and putting up with Sira trying to steal your sister.

Aello: For letting me do horrible horrible things to you in Ravok and only complaining a little.

Everyone who signed up for the Quest: For believing I could run such a huge quest for my very first one, and hanging in there when it took us forever to get started.

To All my Ravokians: For being awesome.

To all the Storytellers: For all you have taught me and all the help you give everyone else.

To the Founders: For creating such a wonderful world for us all.

To Mizahar: For giving me a reason to write again.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Verilian on May 4th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Oh, also these:

Mercury: For joining the staff of Wind Reach and giving us another awesme ST, and for helping me with my thread.

Jules again: I felt you deserved another thanks just for coming back. If you hadnt, I may have lost Sira and that would have sucked. Thanks for succumbing to the addicting substance that is Mizahar!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alenias on May 10th, 2011, 6:01 pm

After readin all the awesome shoutouts and thank yous here, how can I not possibly add my own? :)

Jen: For all the hard work, dedication, and love that you put into Mizahar, while dealing with the spazbots of the internet, and still being nice, helpful, and encouraging even when I've asked questions I should have been able to find the answer to myself. Having been in a similar position as you, on a smaller scale, I am just amazed at what you do, and incredibly appreciative as well. :)

The rest of the Founders: I haven't had the pleasure to interact with any of you directly, but I have loved and appreciated the work and care you have put into your creations here on Mizahar. I can't count the hours that I've spent reading things in the Wiki, at times just for the pleasure of reading it! Before I found Mizahar I had all but given up hope of ever finding good RP site that I could get into that I didn't build myself, but what you all created has shown me how wrong I was! :)

Dusk: You were the first Storyteller on Mizahar that I had major interaction with, and therefore the first to show me just how awesome a group of people we have here. You kindly and energetically answered all my questions, even my poorly worded vague ones, and encouraged me to put in the effort to develop Jaelyn from just a Matchmaker response to a character who has become one of my favorites on Mizahar. Now as one of your minions the encouragement, excitement, thanks, and help you have given me has been absolutely awe-inspiring, and has greatly influenced the amount of effort that I have put into my position. Any thanks given to Archon is also thanks to you for everything you've done for me. :)

Mike: For not only being friendly and pleasant to me in chat, but for being my creepy buddy. :) (I still don't get what everyone found creepy about the eggs...)

Verilian: You took my vague ideas for my first modded thread and turned it into a riveting and exciting story that I could not wait to see what happened next. You also took Alenias from being my first vague attempt to make a character for Mizahar and forged her into a character I really cared about and wanted to keep going. You've done it again with your latest Quest in Ravok, and made me feel awesome when I realized you were interconnecting my little story with the greater part of Ravok. Alenias might not like Ravok, but I love it there. :)

Seth: Not only did you give me a thrilling and interesting modded thread for Alenias after grading a fairly standard meet and greet thread, but your kind and caring personality is just absolutely stunning. Your hard work and dedication to improving yourself and Ravok is just awesome. On top of all that your writing is just an absolute joy to read. :)

Templar: You've played along with my silliness, helped answer my questions, encouraged me, praised me, and been the first guy to really give Jaelyn a look romantically. ;) You are awesome, friendly, and a great writer, and I hope it isn't presumptuous of me to call you my friend. :)

Leviathan and Tabarnac: For not only being great Storytellers, for the work you've done for my characters and helping me as I joined the group, but for accepting my nitpicking of your work pleasantly and gracefully. :)

Dervish: Don't know if you're around anymore, but you were the first person to actually stick out a thread to the end with me, and without that I might have lost interest in Mizahar and missed out on so much awesomeness. :)

Ariel/Aello/Blythe: You really picked up my interest and desire in Mizahar, encouraging me to do more with Alenias than I would have thought of on my own, and providing a welcome point for Quelen. Without you I don't think either of those characters would be nearly as interesting as they are currently. :)

Jokor/Roman: For providing amusing foils/thorns for Jaelyn and Alenias to deal with, the encouragements to write more, and giving me the opportunity to run my first modded thread. :)

Dimitri: Thank you for power packed training threads, pushing Jaelyn's buttons, the gratitude you've expressed to me, and just overall friendliness. :)

Vizyous/Dlight: You gave me the inspiration to create Quelen, and have provided me with lots of fun times with our characters, even when things in your life were unpleasant and stressful. You're an awesome roleplayer and I hope things continue to improve for you. :)

Murmur: For giving me the inspiration to make Jaelyn, letting me in on your awesome history, and pleasantly answering all my little questions to get things hammered out. :)

Nasilia: Thanks for the inspiration for Vhanet, and for being willing to play along with her psychotic evilness. I promise she won't try to eat you... anytime soon at least. ;)

Seidaku/Macka: You've been a great friend for me for years, and it's awesome to game with you again! Thanks for giving Mizahar a try, and for dealing with my two girls who were just as likely to eat your character as talk with him. :)

Everyone who has given me a warm welcome in chat: It's amazing how such simple little words can help brighten a dull or dark day. Thank you all so much. :)

Anyone who has answered a question for me in Chat: Even though the first answer isn't always serious, all of you have provided me lots of help. :)

Anyone who I've threaded with: Thank you for spending some of your time here on Mizahar with me, letting my characters grow and expand in interesting ways. :)
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Isette on May 10th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Founders and Staff of Mizahar: Thank you for all the hard work you put into this site. It is truly wonderful and fantastic. I am excited to watch and hope to one day contribute to the growth of what has become, in my mind, the best roleplaying site ever. Gossamer, I want you to know that I appreciate what you do. It’s not easy to be the mean and scary one, so thank you for not being afraid to put a hard foot down.

Ophelia: Ophie, thank you for being my first Mizaharian friend. You helped me to feel welcomed and to break out of my shell when I am normally (on most sites) a shy lurker who doesn’t say a word. You have no idea how awesome it was that the first person who wished to thread with me wasn’t a “good guy”. I quite enjoy the dynamic between our characters and can’t wait to see how their futures progress.

Darren, Dimitri, Chesh, Amond, and all my other chat friends: You guys are awesome. Logging into any sort of chat has always been a source of anxiety for me, but here it makes me happy. I wish I could name every single person who has helped me to feel happy and welcomed, but that would be a pretty long list. Thank you, Mizaharians, for being so friendly to me!

Kelpie and the Lhavitian Staff: Thank you all for the time and energy you volunteer towards Lhavit. It is a wonderful, beautiful place and I love it. Kelpie, you are utterly amazing. Even if Ophie hadn’t spent my first chat session convincing me to start there, I would have been drawn to that place. I am looking forward to a long stay and can’t wait to witness Lhavit’s growth.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ophelia on May 19th, 2011, 9:15 am

I'm slow on the uptake, but here we go, my thank yous.

Pao: ... I don't even have to say. <3 EDIT: For being demanding. For hijacking me to be your AS (even though we didn't really talk much before you did), for stalking my characters (it's you stalking me, not me stalking you k), for sticking up for me even when I fail at modding, for making me laugh, for making me go on skype all the time (I resist! Ha!), for answering all my Lhavit questions that could have been answered if people had just gone to you, for having the hots for Makil, for being cute with Eda, for fighting it out for Neum, for being my retired Inarta's retired brother (lol that worked out), for being my overlord, for talking about random things with me and for being Pao. Everyone say d'aaaaaw.

Pain: K so since you retired we don't talk as much (rl gah!), but I miss talking to you and thank you for being my ranting buddy, even if I do get a bit out of hand at times. You are pretty cool. And I know you like being hugged.

Eldon/Sam: For sticking with Eda even when I was all 'retiring time' with her. Threading with you two is fun, even if it doesn't always go according to plan.

Julian/Mycroft: For already starting a thread for Eda to make her grow up a little, for letting me mess around with Julian's head and for having odd conversations with me nigh daily.

Sammich: You kind of disappeared but you gave me somewhere to go with Eda (even if we didn't end up going there). Oh, and your bunnies are cute.

Isette: For being the first person I threaded with on Jiina. You totally kickstarted her character and just so you know, I love manipulating you (IC and OOC) :P Thank you for being such a fun friend. I miss you!

Tao: For being Jiina's future husband. I have decided. The opportunity is too good to pass up.

Seth: For modding two of Sul's threads (odd though the are) and grading some of the stranger ones. You are a great writer, great mod, and a great friend. I enjoy hating on you. <333 Cold and calculating, less than three.

Amanda: For putting up with my slow posting, and letting me play around with the dynamics of magic, courtesy of Zak. And if you want to hit on Sousa ... why not?

Oss: Internet husband. <3

Kvist: For letting me be your empress when you take over the world.

Mike/Sam/Grace: Internet family!

Sarah: You know why. ;)

Dimitri: You make me smile every single day. <3

And last but not least, everyone who makes Miz what it is. If I missed you, I'm sorry and I love you! <3
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

Previous