[Silver Sliver] All Grown Up [Clyde]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on July 2nd, 2011, 2:42 am

Since he was paying such close attention to Clyde, he saw when his efforts began to backfire. Perhaps he was being too careful and courting disaster by overcompensating. He eased off, shook his head a bit and smiled.

"I think we could make this happen," he agreed, "and we could both look for buyers. I would prefer to sell to a merchant than a member of the Ebonstryfe. I would rather my work not be used to attack the hometown. I have family to think of. And I think we're going to have to negotiate on the cut. The way I see it, my investor is putting in capital, and so are you. I'm the one supplying the most skill. Why don't we split the profits three ways? That way we would each likely walk away with a thousand golden mizas, enough to fund another equal project. And if we take that three thousand mizas and invest it in a more complicated enchantment, we could each walk away with three thousand mizas before the Summer's out assuming we find buyers."

He hoped Clyde would see the wisdom in this course of action, and he purposefully did not influence him hypnotically when negotiating a deal. That would cross the strange lines of his conscience. But this way they would each be equipped to start their magecrafting careers in earnest, and Ethan would walk away with six times his investment, which would see to his care if he ever decided to part ways with Hadrian.

Were they both established 'crafters, it would make sense to haggle more, but Hadrian truly felt this was equitable. They all three of them needed each other to make this work, and it seemed best to split the profits equally.

"What do you think?"
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 2nd, 2011, 5:44 am

Thinking over what was said, Clyde carefully answered the questions. "Yes it might be best if we both looked for buyers, to double our chances. And if you want a merchant over the ebonstryfe one of the richer families might be good. For instance the Nitrozian family is a rich merchant family, with many businesses and sources of money. They might have the coin to afford something."

Clyde himself did not care that much of Syliras, he would not care if he helped it to its destruction, however sometimes one must work along with a partners needs and wants. As for the cuts he did see the logic in it, and would agree, though he hoped they would be able to make and sell the second item.

"Well I think I agree, that seems pretty reasonable. If we work together we can most likely get this done. Though how long do you plan to stay in Ravok so i know the time we have to do so?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on July 2nd, 2011, 7:30 pm

Hadrian read the indifference and the acceptance both in Clyde's aura, but that would have to be enough. He nodded to the younger man, considering all he said.

"Well, you know the lay of the land better than I do. I suppose we should focus on the creation of the item in question and cross the bridge of its sale when we come to it. I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but I imagine at least for the season. Depending on how long you think it would take to get the space and all the requisite materials, well, my schedule is largely open. We can begin whenever you like. Shall we hazard a date and place to meet?"

A dark eyebrow hitched upward in question, his blue eyes coolly curious. It would be strange to work with Clyde, he supposed, when he remembered him much younger, much greener, but the way of the world was to change, and he welcomed the work and the opportunity provided by this meeting. He could only hope it wasn't too good to be true.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2011, 4:07 am

Looking over Clyde nodded agreeing with Hadrian's statements. One thing was for sure, Hadrian was very logical in his arguments and and thought before he spoke.

"Yes creation is the most important and first step, we can worry about selling it later. Best to concentrate on one thing at a time, so as to put all our energies into it. Figuratively and literally."

"The space should not take to long to get, depending on the size and other requirements. The materials should not take much longer, since we will only be using basic ingredients and nothing rare.

I think we should start as soon as possible, perhaps meet up tomorrow. We could meet at my room at Tarsin's boarding house here in the docks, and go from there. It should be more private meeting there, and we could speak more freely. Since it is not best to speak in the open.

For obvious reasons they could not talk freely out in public, and his room had little chance of them being overheard. This would let them be a bit freer, and to converse there full plans without fear of being arrested.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadrian on July 3rd, 2011, 8:32 pm

"Agreed," he said, reaching out to shake Clyde's hand on the deal. His aura indicated that he understood the need for secrecy, and that he didn't want any trouble either. With that understanding, they could work together, leaving the bothersome issues aside while they focused on the work. Just because it would be a simple enchantment didn't mean they could afford to be sloppy. Hadrian always attempted the most elegant solutions to the problems of magical engineering, and trying to squeeze the most effectiveness out of a project with the least amount of resources. Until he was the next Areesa Tallshade, his resources would be limited.

"Tomorrow at Tarsin's. I'll meet you on the balcony and we can repair to your room or, if you rent one there for our purposes, to that room. I will bring my investor, too. He can be trusted implicitly."

Their business attended to for the moment, he smiled.

"It's good to see you again, Clyde. Or," he added with a bit of humor, "for the first time. Don't forget. Andry Ellis."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2011, 9:58 pm

Shaking Hadrians hand he nodded and stood up. For now they had settled and worked out things, and would be able to start there plans into motion.

"Yes, I will see you tomorrow also. I look forward to seeing you again, along with the investor Andry."

Leaving the table he walked out to mull over there plans, he started to think of how he would approach the merchant for the materials.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on July 15th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Hadrian

• +3 Auristics
  • +2 Hypnotism
  • +2 Negotiation

Lores: Meeting old Acquaintances, Making a Deal, Investment Partner

Clyde

• +2 Negotiation
  • +1 Observation

Lores: Meeting Old Acquaintances, To be Calm, Hadrian's Alias: Andry Ellis from Zeltiva, Making a Deal, Investment Partner

You Question My Logic? :
Hadrian - So I know you used auristics in almost every post, but none of it was really "master" level stuff except for maybe the multiple aura thing. That being said, I did not give you the full five points.

Clyde - The point in Awareness was for realizing something strange was happening with they hypnotism. If you can think of a better skill for that feel free to PM me and I'll change it.

Other than that, I think it was all pretty self explanatory. If you feel I missed something or were shorthanded in anyway, feel free to PM me with concerns.

Notes: Good job guys, looks like you've got the beginnings of a business starting up. If you are ever in Wind Reach, I'll be looking for a Magecrafter in a season or two. Once I have the money saved up.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous