Bolden Denusk, please retire this PC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Bolden Denusk, please retire this PC

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 14th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Basic Information
Sapphire Clan, Denusk Pavilion
Race: Drykas
Birthday & Age : 491 AV, 21
Languages: Pavi/Grassland Sign (Fluent), Kontinese (Conversational), Common (Poor)

Physical Description 178 lbs. 5'11" Chestnut hair with very light amber eyes. Lean and muscular. Windmark on his right arm and shoulder by his cherished Strider, Nightwind. The windmark is of an elaborate line drawing of a herd of horses trailing from his shoulder down his arm. Feather tattoo on his left hip, and Laria Sunstorm had a matching one on the right hip. Laria has disappeared OOCly.

Character Concept Before the 31st of summer, 511 AV, Bolden was a cocky, arrogant 19 year old man with a gift for horses. His Strider, Nightwind, is his most cherished friend and confidante, 2nd only to Kavala. Laria has disappeared OOCly. He'll open his heart and mind to his strider and Kavala, but not his extended family. His 2nd biggest gift is putting both feet in his mouth at the same time. He doesn't always think before he speaks. People either totally hate him or really like him with no happy medium. Bolden is much more comfortable with horses than with people--especially his extended family.

He used to be charming with women. This young Denusk usually had to learn life lessons the hard way. There was some strong envy in the respect that his father, Vanator, commands, and a bit of hero worship, though he'd deny both of these things fervently. With the truth out, this is no longer the case. It was to determine his personality exactly. It depended on who you asked, as to whether or not he was considered either very endearing or a total a**hole.

**edit** Because of recent informational development, Bolden's personality has altered. Please see the last page for updates.**

Character History

29th Day of Summer, 504 AV. Thirteen years old *before memory*
[Flashback]The Boy in the Grass(Bolden):http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post96159.html#p96159 Graded

Spring 10, 506 AV. fourteen years old *before memory*
[Flashback] Orphaned Strider(Solo): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post99524.html#p99524 Graded

Fall 56, 509 AV. eighteen years old (Carsten) *before memory*
[Flashback]A needle and a horse (Bolden Denusk)

2nd Spring, 510 AV. 17/18 years old, Laria *before memory*
[Flashback]To Seal Friendship with Ink(Bold): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post98806.html#p98806 Graded

16th Spring, 510AV. 19 yrs old, Laria *before Memory*
Life and Loss (Bold) Graded

10th of Summer, 510 AV. Eighteen years old *before memory*
[Flashback] I'll Save You!(Irriari): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic12045.html -Graded

19th of Summer, 511 AV. Nineteen years old *before memory*
[Flashback] Just one more person (Lacai) -Graded

21st of Summer, 511 AV. Nineteen yrs old. *before memory*
Let's Talk Horses (Matthial) -in progress-

Skills & Lore

Skills
Webbing: 10/100
Riding: 27/100
Horse Training: 23/100
Hunting: 5/100
Weapon Long Sword: 8/100
Debate: 3/100
Rhetoric: 6/100
Observation 10/100
Socialization: 10/100
Horsemanship: 5/100
Medicine: 1/100
Running 1/100

Lore
Meeting a strider can be bittersweet
Bonding with your strider
Grief of a loved one
Charming pretty girls
Delivering a foal
How to desensitize a horse right
Disguising your sent with that of a fillies
Training Techniques: Tying cloth to young horse's legs
Identifying a Leopardbred
Checking the life signs of a unborn colt
Coping with the loss of a colt
Hitting on your sister in law
You treat her like a lame horse
An unexpected 'arrival'
Being an A-hole to your dear sister
Obstinate till the end
The Grace of Striders
Fractured lives
Jalen (Basic)(she left)
Trust, a thing not soon forgotten
Cleansing thy name, is it possible?
Fondness for a stranger
Broken on the grass
Help from a blond haired girl
Holding in your sickness
The agonies of a wounds
How it feels to be fresh with infection
This tea good, that tea bad
Yet another sunny day shared with a friend
Friendly Jests
Shall we go shopping?
A friendship sealed in ink
Matthial (Basic)
How to use less energy when swinging the sword around
Finding where you stand in combat and remembering how to circle
Keeping a hold on your blade
Remembering that which had been forgotten Helping Jalen back to rest
Long time no see Pal
Juggling women.. sorta
Keeping a watchful eye
Not so happy
Seeing to the horses first of course
Feeling tied
Exposed truths
First kiss with Laria *gone now*
Zith: How to recognize one

Possessions

Clothing
Yvas for Nightwind, dark blue light weight tunic with elaborate braiding. Sandals and boots. (cloak/coat & footwear included)1 sapphire ring as a family heirloom.

Weapons
Sword with a Sapphire on the hilt

Other
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack containing:
    [indent]
  • 1 set of toiletries (soap, comb, brush, razor)
  • Food for a week
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & steel

Ledger
Mizas: 97 Gm

Fall Thread List

4 Autumn 511 AV
The Horse and his Drykas [OPEN] (Ronan Windsong)

6th of fall, 511 AV
Horse shopping (Caoin)

34 Fall, 511 AV
Dry as dust (Veldrys)

60th day of Fall, 511 A.V. w/Cygnas
Falling [Bolden Denusk]

75 Fall, 511 AV
[Job Thread: Bolden] What's Yours is Mine] (Auldwin)

Summer 511 AV Thread list

20th of Summer, 511AV. Observing Steel: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post95292.html#p95292 Graded

30th of Summer, 511 AV [The Trough] Need to think (0pen): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11738.html Graded

30th of Summer, 511 AV(Dream)When Memories Become More(Open): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic12038.htmlComplete

31st of Summer, 511 AV. Brotherly Love (Vanator)*Influential thread!*
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post96455.html#p96455 Graded

35th of Summer, 511 AV. Training on the plains (Jalen, Open): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11844.htmlGraded

35 of Summer 511 AV,duskCaught in the Middle(Laria,Jalen)Graded
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post99952.html#p99952

40th of Summer, 511 AV. [Denusk Pavilion]The Next Generation:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11734.html

42nd of Summer, 511 AV. Lot of catching up to do (Kavala): http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11902.html -In Progress-

[/indent]Image
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on May 3rd, 2012, 7:43 pm, edited 69 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Bolden Denusk

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 18th, 2011, 9:16 pm

General Information :
Bolden Denusk
Bold
5'11"
178 lbs.

Aesthetics :
I see myself as happiest with horses, and never quite good enough around people; except Kavala. I see myself as a mistake of birth that was a dirty secret for 20 years. I don't recommend it to anyone.
How other people see me? It depends on who you ask; I'm either endearing or a jack ass. I think my family sees me as the stupid, aggravating boy child who will never grow up. Most people would see a very quiet person who no longer laughs or smiles very often.
My favorite body feature is legs on horses and women. Oh right you mean me. Nothing.
I'm well muscled and fit, like any other Drykas.
I wear a dark blue tunic with elaborate braiding.

Family :
Grandson of Eachann, son of Vanator, mother(deceased.)
No full brothers or sisters.
What is my extended family like? They're each individuals with their own personalities. Other extended family? Not sure. I've been gone six years and don't really know anyone very well anymore. Kavala is the best person on Mizahar.
I think Laria used to be like family but, Laria has disappeared OOCly.
Do I treat animals like family? No. I treat animals better than I treat my family. Animals accept a Drykas for who he is.

My favorite place to be is with Nightwind and Kavala. My leisure time is spent with my Strider.
The only place I fear to be is any where that doesn't have horses, Striders and wide open spaces.

Traits :
Yes, I have a scar on my right leg. I broke it at thirteen.
I'm a lefty.
I speak Pavi/grassland sign, a little Kontinese and some common. I've spent most of my life outside so I have a rough, gravelly sound to my voice.
When my injury is acting up, I'll be quick to sit down or jump on my Strider until it passes. I refuse to walk with a limp, or show any signs of weakness. My only true weakness is a pretty girl...
I have a Windmark on my shoulder and arm, and a tattoo on my left hip.

Occupations :
I'm a horse tamer and trainer. I don't just love it, I live for it. If there was anything I could be? A strider. They don't have to prove themselves to anyone. A strider chooses one person and that person is -honored- by that life long devotion. Striders don't keep secrets from you either.
I admire the occupation of anyone who heals horses and striders most because they make the ultimate decision for horses and striders to live or die. You gotta be really smart to know how to do that.
I would hate any job that makes you always stuck indoors. Can you imagine four walls all day, all night, stuck in one place all the time?! No petching way!

Childhood :
It was an average childhood in a Drykas family. Yea the training was hard, but that's normal. I could always count on Kavala like a twin, when it came to anything I felt, believed or liked. She always makes me feel like an equal. The other half of my childhood was solely with Laria, but Laria has disappeared OOCly. Was it better to live in blissful ignorance about who my father really was?
My favorite memory from childhood? Girls. oh yea. the discovery that girls were more than just other kids with longer hair.
My foster mother's death and what followed are the worst memories from childhood. Being the youngest male growing up isn't a great memory but at least I'm alive.
What sort of relationship did I have with my parents? Strict upbringing by them, although Vanator played an integral part of shaping my character until I was thirteen. My father is Vanator, Heir to the Ankal. He has a son through lawful wedlock that is his rightful Heir.
Vanator and Kavala were my most influential role models until thirteen. After that, no one.

Education :
I had an excellent education until the age of thirteen.
I like learning by doing. I can't stand books, writing or reading. I'm pretty good at sums though.
My grandfather taught me for a while then got me a tutor. Kavala taught me manners and etiquette. Laria taught me kindness, but Laria left OOCly.
I want to know everything there is to know about horses and Striders.

Not very good at them, but sure.
Relationships :
It varies I formed close bonds with Van, Kavala, and Laria, but Laria left OOCly.
Yes, I used to trust people too easily. I used to trust even complete strangers until they gave me a reason not to. Now I'm not so petchin stupid about that.
I consider myself straight.
Yea I've been kissed but it was awkward the first time.
Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Uh--best not to even bring that up. Let's just say I know what I'm doing and leave it at that.

Drugs and Alcohol :
Got outta my mind drunk with Kavala when I was twelve. Passin out, thowin up, wanna die the next morning drunk. She stole father's wineskin--not me!!
Do I like to drink on a regular basis? Define 'regular?' I might just start considering it, all things considered now..
I prefer wine first and foremost. Especially Riverfall wine.
Nope. Never tried drugs. At least with wine you can control how much.
I think wine is fine, mead's pretty good, but you can't really control that whole wild drug thing can you? dunno man.

Likes and Dislikes :
My hobbies are horses and women.
I hate to read.
What annoys me more than anything else? Anyone who abuses or neglects a horse or strider. And people who lies to me for my entire life-right Vanator?
Riding is the most relaxing thing for me to do--other than sleeping and se-.
What embarrasses me? Being treated like a thirteen year old still. Trusting everyone I meet and generally half of them come to hate me with a passion but I can't figure out why. And getting a wussy leg injury. Or maybe finding out I'm just a mistake. Yea that would definitely be the king of it.

Favorites :
Favorite colors are Sapphire blue and chocolate like Nightwind. Now I -hate- the color blue and everything it reminds me of.
Favorite time of day is morning. Cool, clean and fresh.
The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was the moment my Strider looked me in the eyes.
What do I like to eat? food. I ain't picky.
I like all types of weather. I don't fear it, I embrace it.

Outlook :
Depending on the situation and who I'm with, I can be either optimistic or pessimistic. With only Kavala, I can be optimistic. Van always makes me pessimistic. I was too optimistic and trusting and ended up offending people without even knowing how I did it. Looking to find who I am again, now that I have my memories back.
My religious views are: The Gods and Goddesses are mad with power. I think they petchin hate me and I hate 'em right back.[/i]
Would I be able to kill? good question. I know me and Van have nearly killed each other dozens of times, but I don't think I'd kill unless someone hurt my family-- Kavala, Vanator or Nightwind. Yea I have no doubt that I could and would kill.
What are my views on sex? Hell yea! Can I have some more?!
What makes a successful life? A full stomach, good wine, the loyalty of a Strider, the love of a good woman and the support of family. Not doing too well on that last half. I'm beginning to wonder if it's as simple as the luxury of having people in your life that don't lie to you. But then I guess I had to grow up sometime, huh?

Actions :
What is the worst and best thing I’ve ever done? The worst thing I ever did was run out the day my mother died. It won't go away and nothing will bring back that time with my family. The best thing I ever did was meet Nightwind and Laria, but now Laria left OOCly. I'm not good at doing things really. I'd rather just be with horses and striders.
What is my greatest regret? More things than I can even remember. A lot. Laria just disappeared, coming back to the Denusk family, finding my whole life was a lie. Take your pic.
My best memory was and will always be Palomino by my side and having Kavala around, but Laria left OOCly.[/b ]My worst memory? Breaking my leg, Van screaming at me that Tamar is dead, finding out I'm a bastard, discovering Van is my dad and lied to me all my life, losing my memory for six years, Laria disappearing. Take your pick, there's plenty to choose from.

If I could change one thing about my past, what would it be and why? I don't know. It's just too much to think about.
I am most proud of being chosen by Nightwind, and having Kavala to be a friend. She's a half aunt now I think. Whatever. [/i]Nothing else I've done is any true merit. I've done nothing to be proud of.

Emotions :
I am as honest as I can about my thoughts which is more than I can say for my so called father. Petch that.
Yes I have a fair bias against Zith and [b]-liars-. Who doesn't? heartless murdering monsters with no soul and no honor! Hate the healer who butchered my leg. Healers are butchers! I hate 'em!
Being with Nightwind or Kavala makes me happy. Used to be Laria, but Laria left OOCly.Or a skin of good wine. Or a night with a really hawt girl...Scratch all that. Right now it's gonna take a while to find out what the petch 'happy' is again.
I would die for Nightwind and despite any differences, I would die for Vanator and Kavala.
Vanator always makes me angry. I guess coz he'll always be older, stronger, smarter, just more-you know. Nothing's gonna change that. Being called stupid makes me angry. Anyone who hurts or neglects an animal makes me angry. I don't know. I gotta temper so I guess lots of things make me angry.

Relationships :
1. It depends. I used to treat most people with total trust until they gave me a reason not to. Except family relationships. They were messed up before I left and just festered till I got back. Now I don't know -how- to treat my family after being gone for seven years. Can we just drop the petching subject?! *glares* Just never petchin mind all of it. It was all just big fat lies.[/b]
Kavala and Vanator are the most important people in my life. Kavala taught me about trust and compassion, and Vanator taught me the basics of being a Drykas, and then apparently while taught me to be truthful, he lied to me.
Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Kavala because she doesn't lie, unlike others I could name.
Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. I wouldn't inflict myself on anyone enough to get married. ideal lover? uh.. a woman with a pulse will do.
Do you trust anyone to protect you? No. I won't ever make that mistake again. Ever. The only one I totally trust to protect me is Nightwind. At least -he's- never lied to me.

Group Situations :
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I argued with Van more than any other Drykas ever argued with anyone. We made it an art form. I don't try to make conflict--it just seems to keep happening before I even realize it.
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Only when it comes to horses or striders, but I don't do it on purpose, I just simply .. do.
Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I don't mind large groups, but prefer not to be in them long. I guess 'cause I spent six years either totally isolated with no clan of my own to remember or only with my strider.
Do you care what others think of you? I didn't used to, but I'm noticing it a lot more since I got back to my family. Ask me again in another six years. I don't care ok? It doesn't petchin matter anymore!
What do you think of others, in general? Starting to learn that not everyone should be given trust so quickly. It's an ugly thing.

Self Image :
What is your greatest strength as a person? I'll let you know when I find that one out.
What is your greatest weakness? That I stupidly trusted what I thought was my family. I won't make that mistake again.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My birth.
Yea I used to be extroverted. Now I'm not quite that stupid.
Really organized when it comes to horses or striders. I always clean up after myself. Kavala says clean is good, very clean is even better.

Beliefs :
What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? None.
Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? petch 'em. I hate 'em.
No Gnosis Marks.
What lengths would you go to to please your deity? None
Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I don't care.

Life & Death :
I absolutely live for horses and striders. They never tell me I'm not good enough and don't really care if I make mistakes, am the youngest or not the smartest. **They don't even care about mistakes of birth.
The best part of life is waking up to watch the sunrise. Makes everything a clean slate.
What is the best part of death? Everyone dies alone. No one is more or less perfect in death. It's the ultimate equalizer.
If you could choose, how would you want to die? With my strider. I wouldn't want to live without him.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Uh.. for liking horses and striders I guess.
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on October 11th, 2011, 10:03 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Bolden Denusk (WIP)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 25th, 2011, 2:45 am

Thread List

Date Thread Description Status
Summer 30, 511 AV http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post92374.html#p92374 need to thinkGraded

Summer 35, 511 AV|http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post93229.html#p93229 |Training|graded

Last edited by Bolden Denusk on August 12th, 2011, 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Bolden Denusk (WIP)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 29th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Wild Horses by Natasha Bedingfield

Just something new and lovely to watch. That's where you'll always find my heart.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Bolden Denusk

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 6th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Image[indent]

Before coming back.

After coming back. Thanks -dad-

Kavala. The only family I can trust to never lie to me.

Last edited by Bolden Denusk on October 11th, 2011, 10:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Bolden Denusk

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 27th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Now that Vanator has revealed the truth of his parentage, Bolden is no longer quite so trusting or light-hearted. His amber eyes look haunted and he's just not so quick to laugh any longer. The already strained relationship with Vanator previously, is now a tight thread that either of the men might snap apart at any given time. It's not an every day thing to suddenly discover that your whole life is a lie. Any threads after the 31st of Summer, 511 AV will have a more somber cast in reflection of family events. **both Jalen and Laria have disappeared OOCly.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)