The Spider King's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Poison's / Veldrys' Scrapbook

Postby Veldrys on July 30th, 2011, 11:26 am

deleted
Last edited by Veldrys on October 16th, 2012, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 30th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Stop being adorable. It is killing me X3

That chibi is amazing, even if you drew it with a mouse. It makes me wonder what it will look like when you have the proper tools!

I on the other hand cannot draw at all so anything you create is beautiful in comparison to what I would make. I want to make a CS too but I need to take a good picture of me first (which will never happen).
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Malas on August 22nd, 2011, 6:00 am

:3 Hehehehe! I love that Chibi! I can't draw online worth any amount of munnies, whether they be mizas, clams, or Star Wars tokens. I just suck. Plain and simple.

Now, if your a storyteller you should be able to see the mess with this IP address in the Help Desk, and I volunteered Malas' termination to satisfy Goss and perhaps win my way back into that particular shinobi's good graces, but now that I have read your Scrapbook and a good portion of Macabre's, I have the desire to play her. ^3^!!! Hey, she'll die in three Season's, right? All the more power to her! I must inform Goss first before she is killed, though! -Marches off into the sunset on the horse from Monty Python (if you think of cocunuts and have seen the Quest for the Holy Grail, you'll know what I mean ;D [I own a hollowed out coconut just because of this movie]).

Also, I play Frost who will be deactivated, and I am in love with Varian, whole corpse thing set aside. He is a beautiful, sad, heart breaking character that I wish with all my heart I can keep playing with. I'll be stalking him though.

^^ Hey, if I can get Malas to live, can I disclaim and say you and Macabre over yonder were my uh... Oh Gods...

Okay, the word will come to me later. I have an excuse! I'm tired and feeling wired. :3 Woooooooo Tim Hortons run at 1 in the morning!!! ;D Canada rocks for coffee.

I hope I get a chance to have some Modded/Veldrys threads with you. ^^ You are amazing.
Malas
The Mischevious One

Words: 5092
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Poison on August 25th, 2011, 8:36 am

I'm a slow poster right now. It has close to 40 degrees where I am. My place is like a furnace, and my computer tends to act like a space heater, so I don't feel like spending a lot of time in front of it. The heat's draining my creativity. I'll spend more time on Mizahar again once this terrible heat is over. Until then I hope you are willing to wait for posts from Poison, Veldrys, Lucas or the dead guy.
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 25th, 2011, 8:39 am

I understand that totally. Stay cool, Alex!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on August 25th, 2011, 9:24 am

I totally feel what you're going through. ;)

Got a sun stroke from walking around in the sun yesterday, so I advise you to stay inside, open the windows at night and drink water with ice. It's what has helped me in the past few days... and let's hope for cooler weather towards the weekend.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Veldrys on August 31st, 2011, 8:10 pm

Posting's still a little slow. I just found out that I might be able to graduate from university a semester early. Besides that, I'm in the process of trying to decide which courses I want to take next semester and looking into possible PhD programs. So I'm busy. I'll try to catch up on my threads soon though.
Veldrys
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Veldrys on October 29th, 2011, 12:42 pm

I had a little bit of Mizahar writer’s block for a while. I don’t know why I find myyself unable to post sometimes, but whenever it happens, I don’t write at all for a couple of days or dedicate some time to my other writing projects and write something in a different scenario. It always helps. It helped in this case as well.

I’ve used the time to plan Vel’s future a little. I might even attempt Nano with him.

Last year (and the year before it and in fact every year since 2005 or 2006) I attempted to write something that had nothing to do with whatever RPG I was a member of at the time, and it sucked. I’ve decided that it’s better not to try and squeeze a whole novel into a month, but work on my novel(s) slowly and put a lot of effort into them.

In a way it’s easier to write for Mizahar. I’m familiar with the scenario. I know my PC very well. I know how he would react, and it’s just a lot more fun to write with others. Sometimes writing alone bores me.

I post all the time with Veldrys anyway. I have most of next week off due to a couple of holidays and/or my professors attending conferences, so there’s a lot of time I can spend writing.

I want to do a flashback thread in Kalinor about why he left the city. I also want him to become competent in Morphing, and there are still a few PCs in Denval that haven’t been his patients yet. I might also do a somewhat disturbing solo where Vel cuts himself and spills his own blood in the name of his god.

He wants to become a priest of Viratas. I need to RP that aspect of him a bit more. Veldrys isn’t always the nice man that so many people seem to see him as. He’s venomous. He can kill you. He prays to the blood god, and he cuts things up. To be honest, I find it a little weird when other PCs think that he’s cute and try to hit on him (Veldrys also finds it weird).

Furthermore, I think I’ll make a NPC registry for Kalinor so that people know who matters in the city. I might also expand my Kalinor FAQ a little and add a section about the Harvest. I want to make it a little easier for people to start RPing in Kalinor.

This has nothing to do with Nano, but I’m all excited about my city at the moment and want to do a little work behind the scenes.
Veldrys
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lysander on October 29th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Sometimes I admittedly get caught up in the writer behind the PC! And you're so nice, that I start to assume that Veldrys is also a amiable little guy.

I know what you mean about writer's block; I've had it for Lysander and--well, basically anything that isn't Seven, due to the fact that I got ahead of myself and involved him in a season-wide plot of my own that I feel I need to rush to get done in order to move on with everyone else. That's why I don't often plan ahead. D:<

Anyway, it's good to see you around!
Spring 90, 511 AV - Spring 1, 512 AV
Lysander
Grow up.

Words: 63829
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Spider King's Scrapbook

Postby Veldrys on October 31st, 2011, 6:55 am

The Spider King does NaNoWriMo!

Current Threads:
Seeking Guidance [Veldrys]
[Opal Clinic] A Healer's Touch (Darren)
[Denvali Road] Blood-Gray Day [Veldrys]
[Citywide Storyline] Your Gods Can't Help You Now [Closed]
[TheChapel]Ain't Gonna Tell You Where He Comes From(Veldrys)
[The Chapel] Feel It In My Bones [Veldrys]
[The Strangers Welcome] Your A Sight For Sore Eyes (Veldrys)
[The Strangers Welcome] Creatures of the Night (Veldrys)
A Time To Heal. (Closed)
[Flashback] You mean you can store a spell in a scroll?

Future Threads:
Thread with Louie.
Thread with Shai.
Thread with Seodai.
Solo about why Vel left Kalinor.
Solo in which Vel prays to Viratas.
Morphing solo.
Herbalism solo.

Goals:
Becoming competent in Morphing and Herbalism!

Date Starting Word Total Day's End Total Words Written Total Word Goal Goal Met?
11/01 1667 Y/N
11/02 3333 Y/N
11/03 5000 Y/N
11/04 6667 Y/N
11/05 8333 Y/N
11/06 10000 Y/N
11/07 11667 Y/N
11/08 13333 Y/N
11/09 15000 Y/N
11/10 16667 Y/N
11/11 18333 Y/N
11/12 20000 Y/N