[Flashback]Magic so mysterious[Hadrian]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 5:58 am

Listening as Hadrian spoke, he nodded as he told him about the different teachers. Any information gained was good, and he was glad to be gaining more. He was a bit let down that no one knew something he was interested in, he thought this student might know something he did not.

Grabbing a few books, he walked along with him to the teachers class. He tried to remember if he had been there before to meet this teacher. His name sounded familiar, but he did not know if he knew him... had he taken a class from him? He was not sure... his past seemed a bit hazy.... almost like it had yet to happen....

But know he realized he had been a bit to enthusiastic. He had jumped on the chance to speak to someone else who did not shriek at the mention of magic. He may have put him off, though in honesty he had not even said half of what he had ambitions for... In truth he had plans much greater than that for the future. And in many things he had not even mentioned.

For though he might not look it, and seemed am overexcited youth, he had still kept much hidden, but that was for him. Also the things he had said were all common knowledge, as he had told the registrar mostly the same thing, and many would know of these starter courses. He smiled once more as he thought of this, perhaps he would be a successful mage some day...

"So no one teaches webbing? i wonder were i would have to go to learn it, is a Drykas clan truly the only way? Well anyways, who do you know who teaches auristics? it seems it is one of those things that really you just get better at by using it, there is not much need for classes once you have the basics? would you agree?"

Once more his tone had become calm, as he had returned to his previous demeanor.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 23rd, 2011, 3:41 pm

Hadrian thought of Zephyrus Shadowrunner, the renegade Drykas who had promised Hadrian Webbing, but that whole instance was tied up with dreaming and secrets, and he didn't want to call down the dangerous man's wrath by talking about it. He shook his head to Clyde.

"It was invented by Arin Drivankali, a pre-Valterrian Drykas, and they have guarded it ever since. That's why I said you would have to go to Cyphrus, be adopted by the clans, and prove yourself trustworthy before they would teach you their secrets. I've considered it, but I'm crap at riding horses and..." He shrugged.

"I studied with Professors Theroulde and Oslie, but I think they're both on sabbatical right now. Stonemiller would be able to direct you. He's the head of the department, after all. I learned the basics and then I've just been practicing, but I have these other things to distract me too. There are some who are pure Aurists and they continue to take classes, which makes sense for them. You have to decide what works for you."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2011, 4:09 pm

Listening, Clyde nodded and took in what Hadrian was saying. "That may be true, and i did not know most of that, thanks. At least i am a bit closer, from knowing of it. Though im sure they would let you in, as long as you had something to offer. Most people are pretty open, even if you are different... well some people... okay a few groups of people... Maybe i should start taking lessons in horseriding..."

After saying this he would let out a short laugh, perhaps joined by Hadrian, a joke not many would get, but that they might share. By know they must be nearing there location, though Clyde did not want to take to much of Hadrians time.

Nodding, he agreed with him, with many types of personal magic, once you knew the basics, simply using it was the best way to get better. Well in truth this was also true about all magic, but personal magic was much easier to use, since it only used your djed, and no outside ingredients.

"well i doubt i would go that far in auristics, i would be happy to just reach competent level, that would be good for me. though other things, i would want to go further. though i want to get better at magecrafting, i think my real specialty would be in glyphing. i think in that i have the potential to master it."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 24th, 2011, 6:53 am

"I doubt it would be that easy," he said, gently disagreeing. "They are proud... but, well, perhaps if I did them some service, made it clear I wanted to be a part of their people, but then they might not appreciate me leaving Cyphrus when I had learned. Oh, well. If I'm meant to know, the opportunity will arrive. If not, there are plenty of other disciplines to master."

He chuckled a bit, but not for long. Being sociable was not his forte, even if he did recognize a bit of his own youthful drive in young Clyde.

"Glyphing certainly comes in handy," he said, "guiding the enchantment, I mean. Well, this is Stonemiller's office." He slowed and stopped in front of a door. "I should probably get back to work, but it was nice to meet you. Let me know if you ever need any help."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 24th, 2011, 7:28 am

"True, im sure you would need to offer something in exchange. though you may be right about learning and leaving...."

Nodding, it seemed it was time to leave. Handing over the books, he waved and started to walk off. "Well it was nice meeting you, i would enjoy talking again if we ever meet again. goodbye."

Walking off, Clyde slowly went through all that had been said. He felt that he had learned a lot from it, and he had several points upon which he was going to expand. It seemed he had met someone who was a bit of a kindred spirit, and whom it was mutually beneficial for them to have a relationship.

This was a bit rare, for it seemed Clyde did not meet to many such people he got along with so well, especially considering the normal rivalry and secrecy between magic users. Heading back the way he thought he out to be going, he left, knowing he would strike up a conversation if he once more met up with Hadrian.

-EXIT-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Archelon on August 31st, 2011, 2:47 am

oocWith permission from Goss to help clear old threads from Liminal's office :)
Thread Award

"The University has so many windows that I managed to see this going on... D: I feel kinda weird saying that! Do you think people will think me an odd turtle?"

And the Results!!!!:

Clyde Sullins :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Socialization2
Rhetoric1

Lores:
Navigation:University (basic)
An acquaintance: Hadrian

Hadrian :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?

Socialization|2|
Rhetoric|2|[/table]
Lore:
Navigation:University (basic)
An acquaintance: Clyde Sullins

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Not much to work with here, but I did my best. Good thread guys, keep up the good work.:)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous