Quest II. The night the towers cried [open]

In this epic quest, a group of adventurers is abducted during a thunderstorm and pitted against an eldritch enemy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

II. The night the towers cried [open]

Postby Hakulo on August 12th, 2011, 4:10 am

Hakulo was tending to his porch attempting to clean the place that had now become covered in dust over in the left corner. Then he started to feel slightly dazed and confused as the surrounding air began to whirr. Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. Hakulo grabbed his head feeling quite nauseous as soon as his surroundings stabilized and stopped spinning wildly. As he looked around he could see various people standing around all talking to one another. Some looked tall and ominous while others looked short and drooly. "I...I...I...wha-- where am I? Am i dreaming?" he thought. After a few moments of pinching himself with his six hands in various places he realized that this wasn't a dream. It was a walking nightmare!! There was a small foaming of the mouth Pycon nearby that was looking at him with a blank stare. Hakulo felt slightly frightened fearing that the short statured thing might bite him and infect him with whatever rabid disease the poor thing had. Hakulo looked at the pycon making sure he kept it in the line of sight to keep safe as he slowly...walked away deeper into the crowd blending in. Looking back at where the pycon once stood. The pycon began to fade away. "Am I imagining things!? Someone is playing with my mind. Oh well, looks like I am going to be here for awhile might as well get to know who these figments of my imagination are." Hakulo thus began to walk around coolly offering to shake hands in greeting the nearest people whom he thought to be nothing but mere imaginations.
Last edited by Hakulo on August 13th, 2011, 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Lying there in the dim moonlight covered in my own thickened blood, I enter into serenity, while looking into the moon's eyes as it looks back at me reflecting its humble guiding light off my irises showing me the way to the afterlife."

---Hakulo's recurring dream of his death.
Hakulo
Spearitist

Words: 10281
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Satu on August 12th, 2011, 5:09 am

With an almost intrusive gaze, the Konti observed the dark haired woman and her emotions. Apologetic. Trusting. And the thought followed… Weak. Even here in this strange place, Weakness. It saddened her, though she was needed. The Cordas was needed to set things to right. Satu’s Heart swelled at the possibilities. How she loved the misguided! They needed her so! Her alabaster cheek turned to accept the offered touch of the woman’s hand, but Cassandra hesitated and the aborted action only confirmed Satu’s appraisal. The woman could not follow through; she needed direction.

Allowing this new understanding of the woman to transform her features, a kind softness radiated outward. This was the ethereal, mystical Konti, full of compassion. “It is alright…” Satu offered consolation. In turn, her own scaled hand lifted to touch the woman’s arm, almost intimately. “It is alright,” she repeated, whether she spoke of the woman’s clumsiness, or for their predicament, it was uncertain. At the touch, Sagallius’ Cordas threads spread across Cassandra’s body. Satu did not yet know what form of help this one yet needed, but she believed it would be apparent soon. The god would guide her hand…

Satu watched enraptured as the invisible Cordas lines stretched between them, threads more beautiful in her sparkling eyes than any other thing, save one. But the dark haired woman was pushed aside and the HeartSeer looked up startled. The shock was great! The woman spoke her name… and Satu closed her eyes at Kamalia Timandre’s touch upon her hair.

What had happened, indeed. Satu’s eyes opened to hold those of her long ago friend. The others around her ceased to exist, but for the instant, as a hundred images played in her mind. Kidnapped. Repeatedly raped. The terrible Emotions that broke her. The killings. And the consuming of flesh. The Myrians training her… Satu’s eyes contained tragedy upon heart breaking tragedy. But she held her head high, proud now that her trials had forged her to be a vessel for the Puppet god. To restore peace to Mizahar. The madness was hidden well, covered by Satu’s sincere desire to help others, and the knowledge that she was doing good works. Would Kamalia understand the need Satu had for hope and peace? A small, almost invisible shudder traveled through her spine.

Satu’s eyes narrowed. What had she been long ago in Mura? What was she now? Something better… something more deadly for her new innocence. “It is I, Kamalia. It is your Satu… I was taken against my will, away from you…” She spoke with conviction in her musical voice, “Do not worry... I have found my Calling. I almost…” she stopped. The flicker in Kamalia’s Heart drew her attention. And the HeartSeer listened to the internal song of the other Konti’s emotions. Darkness touched her then, and Satu looked up, surprised. Outwardly Kamalia Timandre’s changes might not have been as apparent, but Satu saw them clearly. And her sapphire eyes filled quickly with the pleased knowing of meeting an equal. It remained to be seen if Kamalia even knew what resided there…

“It is good we have found each other again…” Satu whispered, as she took Kamalia’s hand. The action was as gentle as it always had been, though the presence behind it was much stronger and controlled than ever before.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Aidara on August 12th, 2011, 9:10 pm

"She's gone.."

Aidara sunk to her knees, a hollow feeling spreading in her chest. Only moments before they had been standing next to each other, holding hands and watching the end of the world. Sira, trying to be brave for the both of them clutching her bow like she could shoot down the Watchtower if it dared to turn it's wrath their way. Sira had been about to tell her something, a secret. The secret. And then she was gone. Not even a hair remained. "Sira!" One moment they were holding hands and the next she was holding nothing but air.

Addy sunk to her knees. Sira was gone. She couldn't feel the kelvic at all, there connection was no more. Only a hollow emptiness remained. Addy didn't notice the world light up around her. She didn't notice as she left the world, and it wasn't until she heard the voices all around her that she looked up and saw she was no longer on Mizahar. All around her were people, both human and other races, but the strangest part of all was the giant sphere that was floating beneath them.

"Where.. am I?"

OOCSorry for the bleh post. I'm out of town and posting on my phone, but I wanted to join before it was to late. ^^
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on August 13th, 2011, 6:11 am

Miro was sitting quietly in the common room, he stared casually across the room at Kinneas, who was sleeping soundly after a long day. He was quite bored and found himself practicing spinning his cane to pass the time. Just as he had started to get the hang of it, a flash of light shone through the window. A loud, thunderous boom struck outside, startling him, and causing him to drop his cane. His eyes flashed to orange as fear struck throughout his body. Gaining his composure, his eyes returned to normal, and he looked back at Kinneas, who was still sleeping. "Kinneas, i think...i think you should wake up now. Outside, it's really cool!" Miro hurriedly made his way over to his friend and began poking him intensely with his cane. Just as Kinneas started wake Miro stated, "Well, fine, im going outside. You just lay there and be lazy, see if i care!"

Miro started for the door and watched intensely outside, waiting for another flash to strike down. His hand grabbed the doorknob firmly and he flung it open. He rushed outside, leaving the door open to gaze up to the starry sky he loved so much. Just as a smile started across his face a red flash of lightning struck down upon him.

Miro felt the sensation of heat, an intense amount heat enveloped his being, as if he were on fire. He suddenly found himself in a new area, not like the city he had just gotten to know. This area was stone, and he was not alone. There appeared around him several people, of which he knew none. Turning around to look behind him, his eyes caught the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. Stars that appeared just out of reach, and in the center, a giant orb. It seemed so surreal. His eyes changed to a deep blue tone, and his mouth dropped open. A sudden thought came to his mind snapping him out of the daze. He spun once again and clenched his cane tightly. Miro didn't know where he was, and worse, he was there without Kinneas. He had never felt so alone, and yet he was surrounded by more people than he had seen in his entire life. What the reason he was brought there for was a mystery to him, he only prayed that he would not have to find out alone.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Istril on August 13th, 2011, 6:25 am

The watchtower's insanity could be seen from within Sunberth, and needless to say, it drew attention from its denizens, Istril especially. Balance was either being torn apart or maintained, but what she knew for certain was that it would be impossible to tell which was going on from within the city. So, with that thought, she left the city, strolling along at a leisurely place despite the fact that, around her, Sunberth was a little more chaotic than usual. Something to do with end-of-the-world theories. Her walk eventually brought her to the watchtower, where she settled under a nearby tree. With squinted eyes and a hand across her brow in a feeble attempt to block out the painful amount of light coming from the portal, she observed the lightning dancing across the air. All four colors of the watchtower's gem sprung from the portal, hitting whatever was closest. Istril couldn't help but rise to her feet, pacing ever closer to the portal. Learning required risks, and this was a risk that, against her gut, she was willing to take. As she approached, right arm extended in a foolish bid to try and block out the blinding lights, the lightning strikes began picking targets closer to her. Fear began to churn in her gut, but it had no place. In order to find the reason that the watchtower was acting like this, she *had* to get closer. She just knew it.

Then disaster struck. One of the lightning bolts, colored red for summer, struck her outstretched Isurian arm, and everything in her world turned white as she felt a sudden jolt of pain course through her body. It must have lasted only a few seconds, but to her, it felt like an eternity. When her world finally returned to its natural state, she found herself on her hands and knees in a crowd of people the likes of which she had never seen. Instantly, she flew to her feet (though flew implies graceful movement, so perhaps stumbled was a better word, considering she was still recovering from thunder-shock), raising her right-arm in preparation to either club or shield. Quickly, eyes scanned around, finding that, throughout the crowd, everyone was just as confused as she was, and judging by the sheer variation in the amount of people in the crowd, and the lightning strikes that periodically struck the bottom of the circle, they were all, in fact, being summoned here by the watchtowers. Her first guess was that this was what death must be, but that was quickly dismissed when she noticed the image of a Goddess that was most certainly not Dira emblazoned onto each and every stone. Softly, she uttered the million-miza question.

"Where are we?"
Istril
Tipping the Scales

Words: 33138
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kinneas on August 13th, 2011, 6:41 am

Kinneas was sound asleep. His dreams consisted of vague images of the past, of a warped reality, one where the past never happened, but the faces of family was still the same. Even Miro was there, the kid, that without the past ever happening the way it did, he would have never run into. In the dream Miro was part of the family, a strong reimancer like his brother. He smiled softly in his sleep at the dreams of what could have been, and in the reality of the world that never was. Everything seemed perfect, just as it should have been.

Though everything faded fast, and the perfect state he was in, the happiness that he was feeling faded with the dawning of reality and of the waking world. Being prodded by blunt object Kinneas rolled over and opened his eyes some, now conscious of Miros words. What could be so important that he was waking him up? Still half asleep he yawned, and watched the boy go out the door. Wondering what was outside, a sleepy smile upon his face and still half in his perfect world, he got out of bed.

Being greeted by a chilly breeze as he got up, out of the warm winter blanket that he was under, he looked out the door and saw Miro be struck, and then… gone? That, that could not be possible, could it? Quickly grabbing his shirt he put it on before running out the door, hair still a mess from sleeping he walked out the door to the spot where Miro had been, well, struck by the red lightning. Was he still dreaming?

Looking up at the sky he saw colors streak across it and in wonder his gaze was held. Looking as the lightning made its way across the sky he stood there, yes, he must be dreaming. This had to be a dream. Taking a moment he attempted to bring order to his hair, throwing it behind him, too bad he didn’t have his tie on him. He didn’t want to miss this show, no, not for a million Miza. Awe struck he watched the sky change colors with each flash, and then in a second he realized that one struck him.

It was only a moment when fear invaded him, breaking his guard as he felt the effects of the bolt. What was happening to him? The heat, the feeling made him fall to his knees. Then just as quick as it happened he found that it was over. An instant and he was in a new place. Seeing the tile he was on he quickly got up and looked around. So many… people. This had to be a dream! Wait, where was Miro? Didn’t this happen to him? Fear once again crept up as he tried to figure out how in the world he would find Miro. Scanning the people for the familiar face he made his way through the crowds, he hadn’t even noticed the sky or Mizahar in the distance; he just wanted to find Miro. He needed to know that he was ok. The kid could be so rash sometimes, and, well, childish.

After a bit of mingling he found him. With a small smile and the feeling of success, the weight of losing Miro lifted from him as he walked up and placed a hand on his shoulder, ”What have you got us in this time, Miro?” he asked now taking a moment to look around and see all the people and notice the stary sky and even Mizahar below them. Amazing, but he wouldn’t let his sense of awe be seen on his face, no. Where were they?
Kinneas
Player

Words: 60886
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on August 13th, 2011, 7:12 am

As soon as Miro caught sight of Kinneas all of his fears faded away. His prayers had been heard, and he was no longer alone. He laughed at the sight of his friend, who's appearance made it quite apparent he had just woken up. Miro dug into his pocket and took something out and held his hand out. "Kinneas your hair is...here, i had a tie on me, you can have it. Wait, i take that back..you NEED this, so you ARE taking it!" After handing it to him he wrapped his arms around him and squeezed him tightly. "Kinneas i didnt know if you were coming. I was so scared. Do..do you know where we are?" Miro, without waiting for a reply, jammed his fist harshly into Kinneas' arm. "HEY, you can't blame this on me, jerk! I wasn't the one making lightning!" Miro suddenly remembered the sight that had caused him so much joy earlier, and ran over to the edge of the disc and beckoned Kinneas to come over.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kinneas on August 13th, 2011, 8:03 am

Kinneas wasn’t too sure what was so funny because when Miro saw him he laughed. Though having known the kid for a while he could only guess it’s something childish like his appearance, and although he was dressed he was a mess. Who isn’t when they are just waking up? Well, ‘waking up’, and it seemed even in a dream the kid kept his qualities about him. It was strange how accurate dreams could be when it came to people; it was almost magical, almost like the dream wants you to do something.

Returning the embrace it made him realize that this was happening and it wasn’t a dream. His arms around him he held him just as tightly as the kid squeezed him. It was to in a way ensure that this was real and he wasn’t dreaming, but it was more for the kid. ”Thank you” he told him accepting the string that he was presented with oh so cleverly called a ‘tie’, but it would do the job.

Miro… he was scared? Figures, but he felt for him. Kinne has been with him day and night ever since he decided to take him in. If he were in his shoes he would be just a frightened. Hearing his question he tried to come up with an answer better than ‘I don’t know’, but before he could even finish his thoughts a sharp pain came up through his arm, and he looked down at Miro almost cursing. ”What was that for?” He asked the temptation to hit him back crept to his mind, but he was more disciplined than that. Deciding it was best to let it go this time he restrained himself and went to tie back his hair with the string. He knew that Miro was not responsible for the lightning, but he did run outside. So, it was, in a way, his fault, but Kinne would not point that out. What is done is done. Quickly getting the tie in place he knew it wasn’t the best, but he didn’t have time to make it perfect. This would have to do as he watched Miro run over to the edge of the platform they were standing on, ”Be careful” he warned already seeing in his minds eye Miro falling off the edge of the place.

Walking over to Miro he looked out at what he assumed that Miro could be looking at, the giant orb beyond them, ”What do you think that is?” he asked, ”Mizahar? he asked, having had weirder dreams than this he thought that it could be a possibility, but why was it round? Everyone knew the place was flat like a map.

Reaching a hand out to the space beyond them he found that it was stopped by a magic of sorts. The barrier of lines blocking his path, and a sigh of relief came out of him. This meant that Miro couldn’t fall off of this place. A small smile crept on his features as he let his hand fall to his side, the barrier disappearing from sight when the touch vanished, and he looked out admiring the beauty of it all, ”This is not a dream, is it?” he asked feeling more awake now. A laugh escaped him from the reality finally setting in, ”I don’t know where we are Miro.” He told him, but placed a confident hand on his shoulder and squeezed it a little, ”But the important thing is that we are together.” he reassured him.
Kinneas
Player

Words: 60886
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nil'kayn on August 13th, 2011, 10:58 am

Kayn was fed up. As he had stood there for a time watching those around him, his mind had wandered. Why where they there? Who had called them? And where where they? It seemed that no one had the answer, looking around it seemed to him that they where trapped. Would they be stuck here forever? This though flashed across his mind a feeling of fear rushing over him, but then he thought about it further. There was no way this was a natural occurrence. Someone or something had brought them here. He hated the waiting, he wanted answers. Strapping on his shield he had started to explore the disc. He could see there was no way off, his height giving him the sight. He moved towards the edge; poking, and prodding to see if there was any resistance. There was. He leaned his arm against it hoping it wouldn't give way. It had not. His inspection complete he could feel anger rising up in his chest. He started to poke and prod at the barrier at the edge, his anger rising.

Don't do anything rash.

What can we do? We have been summoned to this place by someone and something, and we don't even know where this is, or why. There is no way off and no one hear seems to know anything. The mortal or immortal that has summoned us, needs to show itself.

I know all this. You act as if im not hear all the time. just because I choose to say nothing does not mean, I am not watching. Anyway's what do you plan to do?

Kayn's hand fell to his belt; fingering his warhorn that lay tied to it.

Your not...

Oh, yes I am.

Kayn started to walk towards where Hadrian and the others he had first encountered had stood.

What are you thinking?!? If you do that we could anger whatever called us here. It might cause something bad. If a god really did call us do you want to anger it?

I don't care. I'm not going to sit around guessing at these questions...and besides...I'll ask nicely.

Kayn smiled at his own joke. He was now standing where he had stood before. Contemplating continuing this course of action. Even though he had argued for it, saying something is different from actually having to do it. He united the horn from his belt. It was well built; when blown properly as Kayn had been taught, it was supposed to carry its note across a battlefield. Even though there where no such battles in Mizahar now days. He liked the sound of the horn, and also it was louder and deeper, then a normal hunting horn. He finger the horn tossing it from one hand to the other. He spoke slowly in a low ton, some near him way hear it some may not. "Who wants to find out who brought us here? Why we are here? And where we are?"

He did not wait for an answer as he lifted the ivory horn to his lips, which where pursed as he had learned how. He sucked in a large amount of air and blew. A long, loud, echoing, low tone echoed through the area. Its tone riseing and falling, the tone continued for a full minute. The sound was booming and powerful, meant to get attention and to quicken ones pulse. Kayn lower the horn, breathing in deep he bellowed as loud as he could. "Who or what has summoned us here!?! Show yourself!!!" He bellowed, he slammed the but of his spear on the ground continuing, "Why have you summoned us!?!" His voice was a deep booming sound and would carry for quite a ways.
Last edited by Nil'kayn on August 14th, 2011, 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on August 13th, 2011, 2:52 pm

The fey creature turned its attention upon her and Cassandra was in awe. It - she! - reached down to her, offering a hand, alabaster in its whiteness and its motions like flowing ivory. The dark-haired woman felt the unique texture of the Konti's scaled and webbed hand even as she was pulled to her feet. If she could see herself, Cassandra would have been obliged to slap herself lightly on the cheek for the open-mouthed admiration for the being before her stamped on her face. But she could not, and so she could only continue to stare.

And then the Konti spoke - it spoke! To her! - and Cassandra was amazed all over again. She appeared only to be on the cusp of womanhood, yet when she reassured the dark-haired human that it (whatever it was) was all right, Cassandra felt that the Konti had seen more years that she has.

"I...I believe you," she breathed, hardly aware of what she was saying.

When she was pushed aside - by yet another Konti, of all people - Cassandra did not even mind. She just stood there, admiring the two exotic creatures, ever youthful, ever perfect, not even understanding the words that passed between them.

They're so beautiful. Surely these must be the ones responsible for summoning them, she and everyone else, into this strange and alien ("Just like them!") place.

"Did you call us here?" Cassandra blurted out in all innocence.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763