Quest II. The night the towers cried [open]

In this epic quest, a group of adventurers is abducted during a thunderstorm and pitted against an eldritch enemy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

II. The night the towers cried [open]

Postby Faroul on August 15th, 2011, 9:14 am

Faroul jerked, startled, as someone addressed him. Skittering backwards from the voice, he brandished his khopesh before him, gray eyes narrowed into cold slits. The jackal writhed in his breast, snarling the old imperatives to kill or die, to cut before he was himself cut.

It was true that he would already be dead, had this creature chosen to slip a blade between his ribs.

His assailant, however, was no ravenous zith, no blood-drinking spider-kin, no murderous thief in the dark – none of the predators that had stalked him in the pit. It was only a Chaktawe youth, wiry and strung with feathers, his spear's tip carelessly pointed towards the floor.

Relief flooded him, and the jackal quieted, though it did not sleep. Nor did he sheathe his khopesh; instead, he lowered it to his side, where it yet waited to strike.

“Benshira, yes,” he confirmed in Shiber, struggling to understand the Chaktawe's words. He frowned, digging deep within himself to remember the language he had spoken only as a child. He smiled bitterly to recall just how long ago that was.

“Shiber, I speak. Small Shiber. Big Arumenic.” He paused, wondering if the other man understood. “Common, yes, also.” Perhaps this Chaktawe, like him, was crippled by the difference in tongues. To a desert-dweller, a Benshira might be the only kind of familiar face in this gathering of strangers.

Placing a hand on his chest to indicate himself, he continued. “Faroul, of Ahnatep.” There was no mention of his family line or tent, as per Benshira custom – merely a motion towards the Chaktawe, and an inquiry. “And you?”

Finally, he pointed to the inexplicable floating sphere, shrugging in wonderment. The question spoke for itself.

OOC: Ma'iiSorry, Ma'ii! Faroul's Shiber is complete crap. That said, his Common is better than yours, if you want him to question the others for you.
Faroul
Condemned

Words: 52454
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 10:55 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Riki Stormheart on August 15th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Riki smiled shyly as the little clay girl spoke. He was a bit insecure about his height being that he worked with mostly Konti so being called a giant was not his favorite thing to be called. He stayed polite to the girl though, simply nodding at her words. "Wouldn't dream of it." He hoped the Pycon would not call him a giant again although sadly he had grown a bit used to the continuous comments about his height.

Riki's green eyes watched the man carefully. He did not want to be friends like the man had said after asking about his mark. A quick whisper from Ariel only solidified his distaste for the man. He held out his hand to shake but he was not looking for a friend in Darik. "Strange, I work with animals too but I smell fine." There was a jovial look to his eyes but he was hoping his words would get the man to back off. His hand clamped tighter around Darik's hand as he looked into his eyes. "And it is a gnosis mark, from a Goddess. You are welcome to your beliefs but I will not let you speak of my gift from my Goddess as a tattoo." Riki watched the man carefully before letting go if his hand. "Now if you excuse me, I going to try and find some answers instead of looking for trouble. We are all in this together right?" The Drykas' tone was slightly edged but his calm tone almost always made him come off kinder than he intended.

Walking away Riki spoke quietly to Ariel. "What should we do now?"
OOCSorry that took so long Ari!
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Pavi.
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Common.
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Words: 68456
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on August 15th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Ariel shrugged. "You're the one who's leading Riki," Ariel replied calmly as she snuck a glance over her shoulder; just to be sure that Darik was fading away, and not following them. She didn't want him to overhear anything she was saying, after all. "But, if you're anything like me, I'm going to assume that you're wondering just why what we're doing here, and how we got here in the first place. And perhaps, just how long we may be here, and if there's anything good to eat about. Some nice, tasty clay perhaps!" she said with a small smile as she rubbed her belly longingly with her left hand. Oddly enough, she was getting kind of hungry. "Well, perhaps not for you. Humans don't seem to understand how lovely clay can be on an empty stomach; quite the culinary delight... but no matter, it leaves more for me!" she finished, with a slight giggle. "But, enough of that for now, you could always fish some out of the pack Rafael carries a little later. Right now, perhaps we should concentrate on figuring out what is going on, and how to get out of this place if any sort of danger should present itself." There was a slight pause. "Do you see anyone who doesn't seem to be panicking? Or rather, anyone who looks like they have the slightest semblance of a brain?" Ariel asked, before pausing again. "Scratch that. Does it look like anyone around here honestly knows what's going on?"

OOCIt's ok.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aidara on August 15th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Aidara was on the verge of curling into the fetal position and wishing for eternal sleep. Not only had she finally found the other half of herself and how to love someone other than her sister, but they were happy. Addy was finally in her element; an Endal, a Healer and with the two best women in the world (in her opinion) in her life.

And then it all disappeared.

The twins were known for their flair towards the dramatic, and this was no exception. The storm was a brilliant display of rolling, angry black clouds and hammering rain, and it was weather like this that Addy could not ignore. She loved the rain. So of course the two stood on the cliffs to watch the sky flash and roil, expecting to be soaked the the bone and freezing by the time they drank their fill of the sky. The lightening was unexpected, however, especially when it shot upwards into the sky in an array of colors.

Entranced, Addy had noticed too late that Sira let go of her hand and stepped away, to be eaten up by a vicious blue bolt. Gone.

So... The only rational thing to do was curl up in a ball and mourn the loss of her one true love and mate, right? Caught the riptide of her despair, Addy failed to notice the similar blue bolt that arched towards her curled form only seconds after the first claimed Sira.

It wasn't until she was being shaken relentlessly by the shoulder that the little woman even attempted to unfurl from her physical and mental ball of grief, but only to snap at them who bugged her. Those big, sad green eyes lifted. Her dimples were no where to be seen, and her teeth were bared in a snarl when her eyes met those familiar golden ones.

"You've got to be petching kidding me." And she flung herself into Sira's arms, nuzzling into the woman's embrace as she buried her face into her shoulder, just like the little child she had been acting the part of. "I thought so too. I was about to give up." A flush spread from her cheeks, down her neck and into her chest. The glow of her embarrassment was accentuation by the odd lighting of... where ever they were. "I... over reacted, it would seem. But that's not anything new, eh?" Still clinging to Sira, Addy twisted and turned to get a look at the new surroundings.

Of course while Sira was content to cling to her love, Addy had so many questions, she didn't even know where to start or what to ask. Instead, for a few minutes she was completely silent as she just stared around her, taking in all the details she could. But of course, it wasn't long before all her curiosity began to bubble over.

"I'm going to guess that the lightening claimed me too? Do you know what is going on? Who are these people?" The hairs on the back of her neck had begun to stand up in response to the sudden onset of fear. Never before had the Inarta, who spent the whole of her 24 years within in mountain home, been surrounded by so many strangers. And they all looked so different! Very few of those nearby had the flaming red hair that the woman was used too. "This can't have anything to do with the secret you were going to tell me? A divine intervention to prevent you from spilling the beans?"

Sira didn't answer any of her questions. She had taken one of her arms from it's support around Addy's waist and was resting her hand on her stomach, a look of wonder spreading across her face. "Ohmygoddess, what is it? Is it the baby? Is it hurt? Are you okay?!" Panic started to well up again, and each inquiry had the pitch of Addy's voice raising another octave. The healer was out of her element- literally- and had no idea what this magical transport-lighting-thing would have done to her child. None of the books or lessons she had memorized could help her now, and not being able to figure out what was wrong was an awful feeling.

"Addy! I just felt the baby move!"

Relief washed over the small woman, and she slumped laughing against Sira's shoulder. "Good goddess, woman. You scared me half to death. Let me feel." Dimples sprang to life in Addy's cheeks as she placed her hand on Sira's barely bulging stomach, waiting to feel for the kick. The anticipation now made her laugh. As Sira pulled Addy close again, she wrinkled her nose and cast another glance around at all the groups of people surrounding them. "As am I, my love....But that reminds me. Answer my questions."
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tarot on August 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Someone once explained philosophy to me in these terms. Imagine a troglodyte man, a cave-dweller, more beast than human, and imagine him passing out and waking up someplace else with no recollection of what happened. Imagine this smelly brute wondering, in between grunts, where he is and how he got there. And that would be the birth of philosophy. Speaking of philosophy, it is quite the miraculous subject: in fact, while everyone follows one, if you only ask ten people you'll hear at least fifteen or twenty philosophies being tossed around. You will be hard-pressed to find two in any sort of agreement with each other.

Can you hear them, poor things? The gods brought us here. No, it must have been a wizard. There are no gods anyways. It's because of the past. No, it's for the future, not to speak of the present. We gotta do something. No, we better wait and everything will be revealed. Why am I surrounded by frothing idiots?

Don't blame these people, dear reader. What would you do in their place? If I may just offer a suggestion, you would likely panic. You would have no philosophy to offer but the chatter of teeth. And if not panic, then paranoia making you useless and dangerous to yourself and others. How long would you be able to keep cool and rational enough to at least be functional? Steel is a material for only a few blessed souls. This gathering was no exception, and for every one soul of steel, three could be counted that were made of wood or glass.

While these heroes exchanged their views, others were crying quietly in a corner (figuratively speaking - discs had a shortage of corners.) Others were praying themselves into stupor, or cursing beings above and below. A few arguments were starting to break out: to a cornered man, a hug is an excuse to cut your purse.

Talen had a very sensible idea: looking at the floor. Unfortunately, it would take some effort to make any sense of the symbols. They did not seem to be true writing the way people knew it: they were perhaps older than that. Halfway between symbol and drawing, they were full of rods and circles and dashed lines connecting them. Could this be a Summoning circle? Maybe, but if it was, it bore only marginal resemblance to what mages used nowadays. Talen did have the impression his token of devotion to Priskil had begun to glow just a little when he invoked the goddess, but it could have been his imagination.

Other information was available to them if they gave it enough thought. For example, none of the Ethaefal had switched forms. Night was still night. Nor was this likely to be a dream, for recognizing it at such did not change anything or empower them with the ability to bend its rules.

Annassena commanded the shadows to speak for her ears only. They couldn't stretch past the edge of the disc, for the strange weave of light trapped them inside. Not that they tried to. In fact, they went nowhere at all. One of them answered Anna sagely, like an adult putting up with a child's antics. "But we already know, Stalker." And a second shadow: "And it's a big secret we have known for a long time." And the first shadow: "And it wouldn't be secret anymore if we told you." And the second shadow: "And that would be a shame." And the first shadow: "And we'd rather avoid that." And the second shadow: "And you won't hate us for that, right?"

When Kamalia flashed onto the scene, staff in hand, she could immediately feel remnants of past emotions with her special sensitivity. Hope had long moved away, replaced by loneliness - and hunger. Hunger want need crave. The disembodied feeling was everywhere. Pathfinder the staff twisted ever so little in her hand, as it sometimes did. It seemed as if it wanted to take a better look at the Mizahar globe far below.

Ariel called out to Harameus, the only god without a persona or a direct manifestation. That was not to say he never heard, or acted upon what he heard. But it was always in strange ways. Her cat meowed. That may or may not be Harameus' doing. Darik gave up on attacking them for now. That may or may not be Harameus' doing.

As she stood silently, Malia felt both her gnosis marks call out to her in their different ways. Tanroa's simply tingled with possibilities. Uldr's was far more explicit. She could almost hear the boy's mellifluous voice saying: 'Call upon me any time, Miss Malia, Azola that was! Call me and I shall come. Just be warned that I would be very upset if I had to walk out of there without the three worthy followers you have promised me...'

As for Cassandra, Krysus wanted her due too. The goddess' gaze was turned her way, or so the girl felt. If nothing else because Krysus was a whimsical being who loved to torment her marked just when they could have done without it.

Of Satu, we could speak for many a page. And they would be filled with her watching HeartColors ruled by fear, paranoia, ignorance, a little goodness and more than a little malice. And attaching Cordas threads on that poor waif Cassandra. Suffice to say, Kamalia's HeartColors were not the only thing that drew her attention. Her staff also felt intimately familiar, and perhaps she would realize it was that way because of Sagallius. While the god's colors had been beyond her understanding during their encounter, looking at this staff was like knowing a man and looking at his painting as a small child. The resemblance was there.

Others were joining, as well. Could you believe me, dear reader, if I told you my quill is struggling to keep up! I might even run out of ink. Well, maybe not ink. Definitely not in this tale.

We shall learn more of the bond between Aidara and Sira later on. For now, let us just write that neither was quite normal or average in any way. They saw things, heard things, thought things and were overall quite weird. Plus, the latter was pregnant. Keep all that in mind, for it may just become important later on.

Miro sensed something no-one else did. It was a small but crucial detail: namely, that it was really cold out there, outside the barrier. Morwen's gift did not lie. Without the protection it'd quickly become cold in there, too. It was a strange kind of cold, too. Was there even air out there? Kinneas, on the other hand, simply sensed that a battle was imminent. He did not exactly know where, or why, or who would bring it, but it felt inevitable all the same.

And just like that, Nil'kayn blew his horn. Whoever had crafted it had made a good job of it, but had never considered the event of it being used in an environment like a big snow globe. The sound was unable to spread beyond the borders of the barrier, and instead the vibration echoed back, over and over again. It was a cacophony. Notes piled up on notes reverberating on deeper note. The vibrations were hideous. The Pycons were especially sensitive, and they got all buttery and soft for a few moments. It was all rather comical to watch, except if you were a Pycon, that is.

The Pycons were also the only ones to notice that the floor kept throbbing a little even after the horn's sound had faded out. In fact, rather than subsiding as it should have, the vibration seemed to be increasing. The bigger folk couldn't feel it, not yet at least.

And then, Nil'kayn found out that you shouldn't ask a question when you don't want to hear the answer. Especially if the question is open to anyone. As it was, not everyone here had souls of steel, wood or glass. There were some who had souls of far viler materials, and they had kept to themselves until now. Until now. A hardened boot kicked a poor beggar who happened to be in the way. He landed next to Hadrian, who was brushed aside by a broad-shouldered man as if he'd been a feather.

Four warriors - three men and a woman - easily made their way through the crowd towards the man who had blown the horn. They looked armed, armored and dangerous. These weren't Syliran Knights. In fact, one of them loosened a black bandanna, revealing a sun-shaped crimson scar on his forehead whose malevolence made it pretty clear whose mark it was. Cassandra didn't even need to see the mark. She just recognized the look in their eyes.

Black Sun. Patrol. Party of four. The man with the bandanna appeared to be the leader. To his left the man who'd pushed Hadrian away, with a thin moustache and a nose that'd been broken too many times. To the right, a stout, mean-looking woman who might have been a man if not for her longer eyelashes. Behind, an older man with a ragged appearance, thin as a rail and with deep bags under his eyes.

"Well, well, well," said the leader, unsheathing his longsword, "thanks for calling everyone's attention to yourself. Surely you agree that this gathering needs a leader, yes? That would be me. And a victim to make the election process run smoothly. That would be you."

A woman let out a scream at the sight of the blade, but the boy kneeling next to her covered her mouth, shaking his head.

And meanwhile, the Pycons felt the ground shake a little more. Still not strong enough for those insensitive giants.

OOCSorry if I missed any important actions. This post was very challenging.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Talen Stirling on August 15th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Talen saw and heard a blade being pulled from it's scabbard, and looking past Cilaes the man who had done so. It looked as if the Akalak who had attempted to silence all of their fear with a horn only to cause more chaos was now going to pay with his life for that mistake.

All of his hope was quickly washed away as he realised his prayers were just that, prayers. He didn't rightly know anything, and now it seemed as though a man was going to be murdered next to him. And what would he do?

Talen wasn't calm, and he did not feel brave. Despite the excitement he had just felt, terror gripped him at the thought of intervening in what was going to happen. But shouldn't he? It was his duty.. Or was it? This was not Denval. This was not even a man, only someone he didn't know and who had never done him or anyone a favour. Those four would kill him, they were armed and perhaps also experienced... Despite his bravado and training, he had never killed a man. Sure, he'd fought a Zith and been in a brawl, but it was nothing like this. He could die.
Then again... If he didn't do anything; who was he? He had trained for years to protect people, and now that it was obvious someone needed protection he would shy away...? It would be the death of him as a Watchman, and as the person he was.

This conclusion took a dozen seconds to form. Talen let his hand fall to the hilt of his sword and drew it slowly, while with his other hand he clapped Cilaes on the shoulder and gave him what he hoped was not an obviously terrified smile. "Time to be a guardsman.. Wish me luck friend." He started towards the Akalak, coming in from the side towards him and the four approaching him. As he walked, he unstrapped the shield on his back and placed his left hand inside the handles. His longsword gleamed dangerously against the dark sky, and although the arm that held it shook it still might hit true.

"Sheathe your weapons! No-one wishes to die tonight..!" He yelled loudly and forcefully as best he could; another thing he had been taught in The Watch. Hopefully they would not look too close and see the fear in his eyes.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sira on August 15th, 2011, 11:58 pm

The baby's movement were like a whisper, and Addy would barely feel it. But it was a healthy movement, and for now Sira believed her baby was okay. Finally Sira allowed Addy to wriggle free and she too looked about the disk, taking it all in for a second time. There were so many people all around them, and some were of the sort Sira had never even seen before. Could all this have been because of the secret? Certainly not.. Why would these other people be here? "I.. I don't think it had anything to do with that. Even if I had told you, you would have forgotten. The gods always make you forget... but I thought we were going to die. I wanted you to die knowing why... but this place. I don't think we are dead."

There were so many people, and more had come since her arrival. But why? It all had to do with the watchtower. They were built by the gods, were they not? "The lightning.. yes, it took us both. It came from the watchtower... but I always thought those were just for show. To let us know the season, as if we couldn't tell by the weather." Despite Sira's knowledge of dark secrets hidden within Mount Skyinarta, her knowledge or the gods was limited. She followed Priskil in name and believed in what she stood for, but knew very little about her. The only other god she was really familiar with was Rak'keli, and that familiarity had only to do with Aidara's mark. To her the watchtowers were nothing more than a beacon, but apparently they were so much more.

But somehow she knew the gods had brought them here. Sira could feel power in the place. She had felt such power only a handful of times, and it was only because of her Wind Eagle side she was able to sense anything at all. But it had always been in Wind Reach, and most often deep within the mountain. Sometimes she could see their aura's, but it wasn't something she had any power over. Sometimes even those who were merely marked by the gods, like Addy, seemed to glow from time to time. And then there had been the time with that human, Ulric who literally radiated with visible power that he didn't even know he had, who felt like a god himself.. who was followed by a goddess so dark. This place felt like all of those instances. It felt of the gods.

But that was not something Sira could dwell upon. Something was happening. The man who had blown the horn was being confronted by another group of men. A sword had been drawn. "Addy.. things are about to get ugly." Sira stood, clutching her bow in her right hand. Her sword was ready at her side, but she wasn't sure if she should interfere. Among her own people she was an Endal, a leader and protector. But this was not Wind Reach. These were not Inarta.. it was not her affair. Yet they were all here together, and she had Addy to protect, and those four men did not look like ones who should be trusted with leadership. They spoke common which Sira understood well enough. They wanted to take leadership through blood, and that was something Sira could not allow. "Addy, take this." Sira handed Aidara her bow and approached the Akalak. Another had already joined him, and Sira took her place on the akalak's other side. "He's right. We don't even know where we are or what's going on and you want to start a bloodbath? What makes you so fit to lead any of us!?"

OOCYay for epic space battles! And I loved the post, Tarot!
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on August 16th, 2011, 12:48 am

Without giving much more than a moment for Kali to reply, Miro took his shirt off and tossed it beside him. He then proceeded to start forming liquid res from his hands, and began to smear it across his chest. The began to spread across his shoulders and over his back creating a large X across both his front and back side. He then proceeded to add a slightly larger amount of res to the front and shaping into a pouch of sorts. The pouch was quite sizable, enough for the Pycon to fit in comfortably and then some. It wasn't so deep that she could not see out however, though if she wished, she could hide inside. He transmuted the res into a thick ice and immediately lined it with his shirt. With a smile he picked the Pycon up and placed her inside. "You'll be safe with me Kali, i promise. I hope its comfy enough for you, i don't if animated toys like the cold as much as me."

Hearing a terrified shout reverberate through the air, Miro quickly turned to see what there was to scream about. A scared looking man pulled a blade and shield, and began to tell some much shadier looking men to sheathe their weapons. Miro snatched his cane from Kinneas and proceeded to run over to the scared looking man. he stopped beside him and readied himself to defend the man, drawing his blade from its sheathing. "Put you weapons away, I wont allow any innocent blood to be shed. This..err..man, he may be green, and an idiot, but he has done no harm here." A sudden thought coursed through Miro as he was struck with a sudden panic. His impulsive nature had caused him to forget the small Pycon strapped to his chest. There was no turning back now, but he was not going to allow his new friend to be harmed.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nil'kayn on August 16th, 2011, 1:11 am

As Kayn had heard no immediate response his heart dropped.

What where you expecting? A large booming voice to tell you off or qualm your fears?

No...Well, yes. Something like that. I just hate this waiting!...

He could feel anger throbbing through his every vein. Some strange multi armed creature had gripped his horn, he shook the creature off tempted to start a brawl, then and there. He needed an outlet. He growled, slamming his fist into the light-wall. Again and again. His anger slowly drained, he dropped to his knees his. A feeling of hopelessness overcoming him. Him! Kayn the optimistic joker! Who never gave up! This would shock any who knew Kayn well, which where non except for Nil. He saw his brothers immediate distress and took control of there body, being gentle with his pushing, Kayn released control willingly. Nil felt hopeless, but then again when didn't he? He was the pessimistic brother, selfish, and cynical. But he had learned to control this feeling, though he felt a slight void within himself. No quirky, fun remarks no hopeful, idealistic ideas. Kayn was silent. Deathly silent. Nil took charge.

Standing up he glanced around. Some had ignored his shouting thinking him a madman, others had payed attention and now watched silently. He could feel embarrassment creeping over him. Sure Kayn cared not if people gave him there attention, and if sometimes he liked it. But to Nil, it was preferred to stay under the radar. He would rather be a silent watcher, then the one with the attention. His eyes swept the area, and he caught site of a commotion. A group of dark, dangerous people where making there way towards him. He could make out strange marks on them looking almost like a black sun, or some such thing. He had never encountered such people before, he not didn't want to be the one the one in control when the shykestorm started.

Kayn.

What?

Its not hopeless.

Look we are in a strange place, filled with strange people, and for some unknown reason...

Ya...

Its an adventure! Look who ever or whatever brought as here must have a plan of some sort. Hopefully it involves us surviving, and if not we can go meet Lhex together. Maybe if be re-incarnated together, eh?

...Who would want to be stuck with a sourpuss like you?

Nil smiled. Now that's the Kayn he was use to. He let go of the reins, letting Kayn step up and take control. Rolling his shoulders and head as he came into control a smile broke out on his face. He watched the group approach, his hand gripping his spear tightly as he saw the beggar kicked to the side. He could feel the anger coming, but he pushed it down preferring control in this moment. As then man unsheathed his sword, Kayn watched the stances of all of them, how they handled there weapons. He could tell these people knew how to fight. He gripped his spear in a two handed grip, his feet in a widened stance. He listened silently as the man spoke, his brow was thunderclouds over the lighting in his eyes. His lip twitched with contempt as he spoke, "Sure this group needs a leader...But who wants a leader that smells like shyke, and walks like hes petched a horse or two in his time."

He took his side as a man stepped up to help, armed and ready, and another three soon joined him. What are you guys thinkin? They obviously want to fight, and if they want it who can stop them? He hoped the men where planning on sticking around. He glanced to the side, "No use talking to pig petchers like these. They've already declared there intentions." His voice raised up as he spoke rising to a shout, "I dunno about the rest of you, but I don't want some stinker bullies as leaders." Kayn smiled, now this. This. Was an adventure.
Last edited by Nil'kayn on August 16th, 2011, 9:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Darik on August 16th, 2011, 1:20 am

Well Riki must have some clay in his ear because the midget snuck up to it. After the pycon licked his ear clean, he changed. Not physically or even mentally, just a hint of malicious appeared in his tone. He even went on to insult Darik’s smell. Darik had tried to be friendly and you see were that got him? Nowhere, that’s were. And the man with the pycon was crazy too! That’s why when the man left his presence Darik didn’t follow. He would get the kitten’s money later. Now to find something else to do.

His next distraction came in the sound of a horn. The green dude had blown on it and boy was it loud. It wasn’t like shouting no, that was too soft, it was more like having a drum beating constantly by your ear. It was deafening. Darik covered his ears to stop the noise from penetrating his ears. When the ringing had stopped, Darik noticed four people clad in completely black armor standing by each other. Black armor equals bad people. For some reason, even when the sun was in full blast, bad people always wore black armor. It must come with the definition of being evil. So where’s Darik’s black armor?

Darik slipped closer to the men, and the situation that had occurred was predictable. Awww, the good guys were defending their buddies. So far there were three but more would come. More always came. It didn’t make a difference though, these warriors looked like the winners no matter the odds. Darik was a survivalist so of course he would agree with the armored dudes, until they started to lose of course.

Loud enough so the black suns could hear them Darik asked them a question. “Hay, can I have all the bodies you kill in this little scuffle?” Darik was serious, the guys defending the green guy may have some money on them. It never hurt to be on the lookout for money. That’s why while Darik was standing there he also eyed the warrior’s armor. Maybe one of them had a pouch of coins or something else valuable in view. Probably, not but it never hurt to look. Not saying if Daik saw anything he would take it right away. That would be like signing his death warrant. No, he would steal it at a later time.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext