Quest II. The night the towers cried [open]

In this epic quest, a group of adventurers is abducted during a thunderstorm and pitted against an eldritch enemy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

II. The night the towers cried [open]

Postby Nil'kayn on August 10th, 2011, 5:07 am

Kayn had smiled, at the strange man. Rightening his spear he leaned on it nonchalantly. He glanced around at there group everyone seemed to be engaged in some sort of conversation with another. He glanced around, this was quite confusing. He spoke in a slow rumbling boom, some could hear it but if they wished they could ignore it as-well. "So from what I understand. We are all people from Mizahar that somehow where called here, but by who, why, and how?"

He closed his eyes thinking. Most of everyone here did not know what was happening. This was obviously a divine or magical occurrence. So someone must have brought them here. He stood waiting, but as he stood he caught site of a small figure. Bending down he peered at the creature, as he saw it his face grimaced. He had no clue what it was, and he didn't want to know. His hand brushed over his warhorn, and he was tempted to blow it to get peoples attention particularly the person that had brought them here, but he stopped himself; it was always an option.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on August 10th, 2011, 8:59 am

Cassandra felt relief flood into her being at the sight of Andry's familiar face, her fear and panic evaporating at the knowledge that there was another person whom she knew that shared her mysterious fate. She moved ever closer, hoping to be part of the group that was forming around the Zeltivan. He really did seem quite knowledgeable, now that she thought about it. Just a few more steps and she would probably be close enough to call out to...

And then another being materialized right in front of her.

The other person seemed to be in the middle of a fall or a trip when she was teleported and Cassandra, caught by surprise at the other woman's sudden appearance, could not stop her forward momentum quick enough to avoid her. The stranger's trailing foot caught Cassandra's, tangling the dark-haired woman's limbs and causing her to lose her balance.

"Oh, Sh--YKE!" Cassandra's soft curse quickly rose in volume as she fell, the short fall making her land on her rump. Rubbing her bruised backside, she looked up to apologize. "Ow. Sor-sorry, I didn't see you..."

Her voice trailed away as she got a closer look upon the other woman. It was the first time Cassandra beheld a Konti up close and the fey woman's ethereal beauty and grace dazzled her. For a moment, she forgot where she was and her situation and almost reached up to touch the exotic creature's alabaster scales as if to make sure that she was real and not some illusion. The Konti's imperious expression held the action in check, however. There was a certain amount of hardness in her face, one that told Cassandra that the person before her had weathered many storms and came out of them the better.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on August 10th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Ariel smiled as soon as she noticed Rak'keli's mark upon Riki's flesh, recognizing it from the time she spent in Mura, many of the Konti sisters having marked by her. This is one you can trust, her mind whispered, as a deep green mist spiraled around his skin, simply verifying that which she already knew. For green meant those of a peaceful sort, the healers. As she stared, her tiny clay form began to tremble somewhat, more than likely an effect of the magic. "The name is Ariel, and you won't have to carry Rafael if it's easier on you. He'll follow you now that you are with me," she explained. "And thank you for looking after our things, some giants can be so rude... believing that they can simply pick on people like us, pesky things," she muttered as she stepped onto Riki's palm and walked up to the edge where it met his wrist. Within a few seconds, she was on her hands and knees, climbing up the length of his arm, clutching at the fabric of his clothes to help drag her along when need be. Within a few minutes, she had made it to his shoulder, and quickly took up residence. Sitting with her back straight, and her arms swinging off the side. "My this is a much better view," she commented as she looked around. "Thanks again for traveling with us... we will be safer in larger numbers," she added, before closing her eyes a moment, breaking her concentration. When she opened them again, Riki's aura had faded away.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Darik on August 10th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Darik was a bit obvious in his inspection of the pycon. No wonder someone had noticed. At least the observer had given him a compliment. Most people called him kid, one of Darik’s pet peeves. He even had a witty retort to the Drykas’ comment! Man, the day keept getting better and better. “Well I for one came out of my mother’s womb. That is definitely not nothing.” He walked closer to the man and held out his hand. I see you got a tattoo too. I am guessing a random person gave you one too? If so we can be friends. Names Darik.” Darik had a strategy. It’s a simple plan called infiltrate. Get close enough to someone make then relaxed, then steal everything they own. He even tried to be polite! He really wanted that money. "And sorry I smell a little weird I also work with animals.”A faint musty odor of horse clinged to Darik’s clothes. He had the least messy job of the stables, yet it still gave him a stench. At least he was making money and supporting himself.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kamalia Timandre on August 10th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Kamalia studied each speaker, calmly and methodically, face still concealed beneath the shadows of her cloak. She was silent all the while the others spoke; all the while they foolishly chattered about gods as if they truly understood their ways. The man who claimed that gods were not real, and believed that this was the doing of a wizard amused her most. He was either very brave or infinitely daft to deny the existence of gods. Kamalia was inclined to believe the latter.

The Konti sorceress raised an eyebrow when she felt the subtle strum of djed usage. She could not point out who among them had employed magic. Her own magic called to her, a tempting yet unheard whisper, enticing her to identify their auras. Yet she commanded the will to suppress this urge. She might need every ounce of her djed reserves later when the situation calls for it.

And then suddenly, out of nowhere came an achingly familiar face—beautiful, pale and bearing the dancer’s lithe. Kamalia’s eyes widened in shock and in disbelief. Satu the Heartseer, Satu the Suvai Dancer, as Suvai Mistress Val’mara Nitvin dotingly named her. Satu was a witness to the crimes of Matalla Shivkani. She was present when Kamalia faced the harsh verdict of the Grandmothers Circle, and when the young wizard was exiled from their fey homeland. She had accompanied Kamalia to Syliras and on their way the two Konti forged a comfortable sisterly bond, a friendship so gentle yet steadfast. The last time she saw Satu was when she bade goodbye, saying she was leaving for a refreshing excursion into the wilds with a few friends.

That was the last time she saw her, and Satu never returned.

Kamalia had assumed that Satu had answered her Calling, which was why she never came back. But there was something… something different about her now. The way she stared, imperious and commanding, the way she held herself, the way her emotions felt to a Konti’s natural empathy. Satu had changed drastically, even more so than Kamalia had. And the changes—the changes were horrifying.

“Mother Avalis,” Kamalia breathed. With her free hand, she gently yet forcefully pushed the dark-haired human lady to stand aside. She pulled away the hood of her cloak, revealing her face and pure white hair that shimmered down to her waist. To Malia, although they never really spoke, she would remember the Konti as Stitch’s friend. Her violet eyes seemed more knowing than she remembered, and not nearly so warm.

“Satu,” Kamalia said serenly, emphatically. She never would have expected to find her here. She gingerly reached out to touch Satu’s hair. To Satu’s HeartSense, her friend’s emotional identity had also changed. There was something dark and malevolent that hid at the rear of Kamalia’s more prominent emotions. “Satu,” she repeated, and half-whispered in Kontinese, “Whatever has happened to you?”

Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Annassena on August 10th, 2011, 8:25 pm

[b]Weakness was abundant here. Fear marked the weak from the strong. Even she, in her human body, could scent the thick pungent odour of fear. It brought a smile to her lips and she ran her tongue over them expectantly. Fear made her think of the Nest and the prisoners there. It brought food to mind and a hunger that wanted satisfaction. It was said once that Dhani were always hungry, and in Annassena's case that was true, despite her ssmall size.

Her green eyes observed the people around her. She hadn't been paying attention, but now she looked to the man who seemed so knowledgeable. She was tempted to bash his theories and watch what he did, but she needed to play nice if she wanted friends.

"You think a God brought usss? Can you guessss which? Persssonally, I think we are caught in dreamsss." This most certainly could have been a dream. A freakish one.[/color]
"You ever feel the prickly things on the back of your neck?"
"Yes."
"And the tiny hairs on your arm, you know when they stand up? That's them."
Annassena
Tell me all your sssecretsssss...

Words: 23016
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 7:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cilaes on August 11th, 2011, 2:45 am

“A pleasure to meet you Talen, unfortunately under such strange circumstances. I’m afraid I can’t admit to knowing what the Watch is, I’m from Mura, Denval is a far from my neighborhood.” He took the hand, sharp lines of shadows separating the tan skin of the mortal from his own pale flesh. “My name is Cilaes.”

The Pycon cold body was growing heavy in his hand. It may be difficult to hold her like this for much longer… His indigo eyes scanned the growing crowd, the shuffling feet and distressed faces. But I wouldn’t trust these panicked feet to watch where they stepped if I put her down.

“Zlakalia, its perfectly understandable. We’ve been summoned to a strange location, unwarned, in the middle of a world-wide catastrophe, a stressful situation certainly. I’m glad I could be of assistance, but I’m afraid it may become a bit awkward if you remain in my hand. Is there another place that you could sit easily?”

The sound of a familiar language pricked his ears. The Ethaefal glanced over his shoulder to notice two Konti talking on the edge of a growing crowd. There was something about the woman though, they seemed almost… Exotic. I don’t recall meeting those women on the Island…
Common, Kontinese, Pavi
Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Cilaes
Melancholic Medic

Words: 44297
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Sira on August 11th, 2011, 4:01 am

Sira stood next to her love, Aidara, upon a cliff on Mount Skyinarta, her eyes watching the sky. The storm had died down, but now strange lightning was arching out across the continent. Sira did not know what was happening, and her head was filled with the voices of the Wind Eagles who were equally confused. In her right hand was her bow, clutched tightly as if it could somehow fend off the lightning. Her talon sword was strapped to her side where it always was, and in her left hand she held tightly on to Addy's. Was this another Valterian? Was Ivak...

"Addy.. there's something I have to tell you. ..you're going to forget it in a few hours anyway, but if this is the end, I want you to know everything. The secret.. the one I've kept from you, the only one. We.. the wind eagles, we are the guardian's of something very important." Sira squeezed Addy's hand tightly, "We are the guardians of..."

Sira's eyes widened. At the last moment she let go of Addy, a last attempt to protect her. The lightning was coming for her, a blue bolt of light. She let go of Addy's hand to save her from whatever was coming. Goodbye, my love was the last thing she thought as Sira was disintegrated, her clothes and all. Addy probably would have come with her if she had held on, but Sira didn't know that. Sira reappeared in another place, perhaps another world. She was facing a sphere.. a globe. ...Mizahar? Sira could hear voices behind her, she turned to find many others standing about just as confused as she was. She didn't recognize anybody. Priskil, what is happening?

Sira's eyes swept the area, searching for something familiar, for Addy, for anything. Where am I? What is this place? And then she spotted red. Hair, red hair! An Inarta! Whatever was happening, she could take comfort that one of her own was here with her. Sira approached the red-haired figure, who was sitting and seemed to just be waiting. Her eyes quickly picked up on things others might have missed. Something was wrong with this woman.. perhaps she wasn't an Inarta. ..but Sira had already approached. She had might as well ask.

"Excuse me... you seem rather.. um, collected. Do you know what's going on here?"

MaliaObviously, I'm approaching Malia. Just putting this in case it wasn't clear for some reason.
Last edited by Sira on August 12th, 2011, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Talen Stirling on August 11th, 2011, 10:16 am

Mura? The White Island that lay miles and miles to the east of his hometown? It wasn't quite right for him, yet even through his confusion he couldn't hold back a little comment. "Isn't it always..." Denval was never close to anyones neighbourhood. Period.

The Pycon's apology came suddenly, yet he didn't hold a grudge. In truth, he had a million other things to hear and see apart from a tiny clay woman. "It's forgotten then,-" he was about to continue talking as Cilaes looked back over his shoulder. Recovering from the immensity of where he was, Talen was more curious than ever. This entire place was a vortex of new sights, things and people. He leant to the side and looked past the man.
Two women more beautiful than any he had seen, a man, or creature, taller than even the strongest he had met. It was all very new and confusing, but he recollected himself and leant back. "Something catch your - eye?" He almost said fancy, a joke he'd have spoken to Zagary whenever he, as he so often did, threw eyes after girls in Denval. It didn't seem appropriate at this time.
As Cilaes came up with any answer, Talen looked around slowly at the people around them. Perhaps this whole ordeal wasn't so terrible, at least not yet.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on August 11th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Ariel simply stared at Darik, wondering if he honestly liked it any more than she. Within a few seconds of deep concentration, intense staring without blinking, his aura came into view. It was a dark blue, matching the color of the night sky. Although, it was without the light of the moon, the stars, and somehow, seemed incomplete to the young pycon. The aura seemed to swirl around Darik's body, although it seemed more deeply concentrated around his neck, as though it were winding itself around him like a snake. Instantly, Ariel's body grew rigid, and she began to blink several times, finding the use of her magic somewhat tiring. Slowly, in the hopes that Darik would not notice, Ariel inched herself closer to Riki's ear. When she was close enough, she leaned over towards it, cupping her right hand over her mouth, while the left continued to grip Riki's shoulder lightly for support. "Just shake his hand, but nothing more. Do not let him get to close," Ariel whispered. "For this one has a dishonest nature. It is written all over him, and unlike you, he has earned the disrespect of a god, while you have gained Rak'keli's favor." There was a slight pause as Ariel considered her words, whether or not the drykas would trust her. Perhaps that was why he was staring before... your money is such easy pickings for even the most incompetent of thieves. "Keep your eye on him, and perhaps, once you have showed him kindness so as not to seem disrespectful or perhaps, even onto him, you should walk away. Pretend you just noticed one of your friends and want to check in with him or something," Ariel finished, instantly pulling away from the man's ear when she had said everything she needed to say.

OOCI thought it'd be fair for Ariel to verify Darik had a mark, although she doesn't know which mark. I mean, she doesn't know who Zulrav is, so.

I also now feel like we're back in grade school, when passing secrets around was what all the cool kids did. >.<
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext