[Talen's Scrapbook] No fancy name

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Talen Stirling on November 14th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Favourite Piece of Clothing

I have a new one.

It's really not what anyone would expect, but with the coming of winter, my salvation has become... Skiundertøj.

Which directly translated means skii-underwear. And don't worry [or get your hopes up] no dirty half-naked pictures will appear in here. Yet, anyway.

Why is this so awesome, you might wonder?

It's warm and comfy. It's like being hugged by your clothes, it wraps around your body below all the rest you put on and holds off ALL cold. It's like armour against winter.

The second reason... Is look at how you look in it. All tight and butch. I love it! Wrapped up like a christmas present in warmth and comfort.

I work outside every day, and with this wonder it won't be cold, ever!

Do you have a favourite thing to wear? Share it with the world! (No pictures needed if they are not wished to be shared)
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Screech on November 14th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Just Because...

Just because I want to, and you may or may not have suggested this in chat (I'm not saying which ;D ), I am writing in your scrapbook in that totally obnoxious way that I write in scrapbooks, especially mine own book.

I have to golden stars for you that I will now bedazzle your scrapbook with... Well, whenever I find the time to find two stars to bedazzle your scrapbook. Or one star that is utterly perfect enough.

Funny thing is, you won't have to wait a moment for me to find a perfect star for a purdy scrapbook. =) Wanna know why? Because while I may take two hours to write this post (chat once again distracts me and beckons for my attention) it will all appear as though I wrote it in a matter of five minutes and you won't need to wait two hours (or longer depending on chat conversations) for me to complete this unless I promised it to you within five minutes.

I shall now observe the greuling task of finding a star, or two stars.

I have found one. I will now post it and duplicate it. =) That search, just so you know, took me a grand total of twenty-five minutes!!!

By the way, your ski underwear would not protect you from the frigid awesomeness that is the planet Hoth, just saying. It is badass, but unless you want to freeze out there in the frozen wastes (I'm speaking of Hoth and not your totally swag country) you would need to cut open one of those Tonton things and use it like a Snuggy.

Well, now that this post has said nothing really of value I'm going to try and throw something valuable into it to make it all fun and cuddly and awesome!

(That should be the motto of the guys who make Snugglies: "Fun! Cuddly! Awesome!")

My favorite clothing overall is something uhm... Dark purple highlighted with neon? I like neon. =) As it is winter in my uber-adorable country and therefore freezing (I have slipped already crossing a street. Yay me!) I will invest in a nice winter coat that will become my favorite article of clothing, other than you know... undergarments and pants.

And now, rather suddenly (I think) and after a half-hour of careful deliberation, I shall post. =) Enjoy~
Screech
Blood on my claws means I'm happy.

Words: 18007
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 5:50 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Seodai on November 14th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Okay, so I had a hard time deciding. I really like scarves. A lot. I have a whole new hoarde I picked up in Europe. I considered taking a pic of one of those. I still may. But since it was time to get ready for work, I decided to show you what I live in instead.

These are my work pants.

So, they make no fashion statements, but let me tell you why they're awesome. They're jazz pants, so the fabric is this amazing soft lightness to begin with. I don't usually like pants so high on my hips, but that awesome V in front makes them just perfect. They don't move while I dance, which is a pretty annoying thing.

Plus these and a cute tank top are my work outfit. I can't complain about that.

Now, which scarf.... ;D
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talen Stirling on November 21st, 2011, 2:41 pm

A Great Day

Today was one. And the reason for it's awesomeness is... Fourfold. Whether that is a useable expression or not is irrelevant, because this is my scrapbook and my rules apply.

First of all, work sucked less. Instead of the boring, physically painful task of cutting and laying spruce on graves, we were raking, loading and offloading leaves. Yeah, it doesn't sound fun. But the thing is, it's physical work where you get to move, it doesn't hurt your back and knees and one can actually work up a sweat and get into the groove of things. It's a big improvement when you've spent four weeks on your knees.
We worked swiftly, and today we've cleared an approximately 3000 square meter garden... That's alot of leaves.
Now, as we finish the day and head back to the shed where we store everything, behold, our boss finds three bottles of red wine placed inside on a table. But from where, and why, and how, and for who?

Random old lady comes by and gives them as a present to us for our work. Which we get paid for. It's for the old man boss but naturally he gives one to each of us [Me, my co-worker who amusingly is also named Lars and himself].

Secret :

If everyone we worked for came by with three bottles of this after we finished laying spruce... We'd have 1200

It's nice to be appreciated. Which brings me to the third thing that made this day great, which was a very simple gesture. I got a pat, a thump from the old man on the back, affirmation of the fact that the work I'd done was good as we walk.

This sounds like such a small thing. It's not. I've worked there three months now, and for the the first the gnarly old tree was grumpy, distant and rushed. The second he seemed to have more humour, he was more friendly and less grumpy. And now, after THREE MONTHS he actually seems to appreciate having me around, and is friendly and kind. It's a lot more fun going to work when you like your boss and he likes you. Respect and appreciation is important, especially if it's so hard to actually gain it.

I had a fourth reason. But I forgot what it was. Maybe it was the good weather, the fact that I'm leaving for sweden this thursday to go on a trip with some friends or that I have some new clothes and a new computer incoming that I am and will be very fond of.

The appreciation of the little things is what makes a normal day awesome.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talen Stirling on November 27th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Gameplan / To-do-List

Now, with the return of the shift key and the coming of actual time to post, a list of what things need doing is in order! As much of it as possible by tomorrow.

Post for Bob: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15121.html - Check
Post for Seo: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14231-10.html - Check
(Oh my god, behind on this one as well) Post for Katie: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11459-30.html - Check
Post for Lucette: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14860.html - Check
Post for Legion: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15067.html - Check
Post for Past Lives: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15610.html - check
Post in the big double-mod thread: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic13981-100.html - check
Last edited by Talen Stirling on December 5th, 2011, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aspen on December 5th, 2011, 4:42 pm

I found you a flood of snow :)

Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Talen Stirling on December 5th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Also... Thank you guys for the snow, the pretty belly and the shiny stars!

This worked so well last time, so I'll make myself another to-do list!

To-do-list:
]

Start Flashback with Alana Kaye: 503 A.V. Summer. Academy training.
Start Winter thread with Seo: ???? TBD
Start Dream Thread with Kam: Special importance. Nightmare into dream into...??? TBD.
Start up thread with Sondra: Bar thread, past life influence.
Talk to and start up thread with Syllke: Artsy things for Talen and finding about the threesome drama in Denval.

(22:47:59) Tabarnac: Y'all need to train like good Denvali footsoldiers ----> One form of thread where Talen gets to workout and practice like a good boy!

Finish up lurking Fall Threads:

Curing my Curse, Dancing in the Dark, Kinship Calls (Seo finishes), Social Call

In related news: (22:11:52) Tabarnac: Oh Lars, you're my best Denvali. *pets*
Last edited by Talen Stirling on December 7th, 2011, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seodai on December 6th, 2011, 4:45 am

This made me think of you.

Also, Dani is only saying that to get into your pants. Worked on me!

I can close Kinship Calls with my next post, and there is no more threesome drama, so there's two things off of your to-do list. Now, I've done more work than you. Go write for me! ;p
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talen Stirling on December 12th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Dentists ... With beautiful eyes!?

I went to the dentist today.

That alone is enough to make plenty of people nervous, self-conscious or in some extreme cases even outright terrified. Dentists are scary, at least if you're one of those people who have had the misfortune of having them fix you. Perhaps even several times during your childhood.

Messy Kid-Lars is messy.

Oh well, these days it's a little less terrifying than it used to be. Apart from perhaps the price of it...

And the awkward fact my dentist is pretty. She looks indian, and has absolutely gorgeous and enthralling brown eyes... But they stare into your gaping maw of a mouth as she prods your teeth with steel objects, and grind them with various tools she picks up from her tray-of-evil. It's just wrong. On one hand, it's nice to have something pretty to look at, but on the other hand... It's also rather uncomfortable.

Luckily for my teeth my unwillingness to appear disgusting in front of a pretty girl (As if pain wasn't cause enough) is now going to force me to keep them pristine.

And thank the GODS nothing was wrong this time, or the last, and I won't have to go there again before summertime :P

P.S.: Saw this on facebook. Apparently the air is filled with the ghosts of Lars' lovers... Fear me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfRw92XllY
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talen Stirling on December 19th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Acknowledge your King

Old scrap books, as in the actual books with pictures, are awesome. I found one, and I took picturz of the pictures (picturception), and I am now armed to the teeth with weapons of deadly cute. All hail the king.

Secret :
(This particular one is from a contest, that I won, and clearly that was a glorious and happy moment. The second place was not amused.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext