[Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Malia on November 12th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Jili, I'm so glad you're making an effort and putting some writing into your cute little Nuit again! I'm reading your thread in Alvadas and greatly enjoying her thoughts and plans and tinkerings. Looks like she found a way to go back to her roots, no?

I'd also love to write with you again! Or talking on AIM might also be a good start. :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Naama on November 13th, 2011, 1:58 am

What da hell. Where is my AIM invite, Jili. You need to tell me about this Philippines event thing or whatever.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jilitse on November 23rd, 2011, 4:51 am

One of the constant things I do is change my avatr whenever I switch bodies. Jil's just about to change into a new one soon maybe in a season or two and I call dibs on pretty Namie Amuro. This should go straight to the Character sheet! Ha ha.

I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Naama on November 23rd, 2011, 6:16 am

I'd tap that. Hard.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jilitse on December 13th, 2011, 3:35 am

If anyone is wondering where Jilitse is, the real life Jilitse is in a battle for pride, dignity, and honor (or so our teaser said) in her company's Christmas party. I will be wearing a very SHINY top and dancing to Show Me How You Burlesque by Christina Aguilera, among other dances. This is eating my time, dance practice take 4evar and I have no time to write. The good news is this should end by the weekend, as the party's on Thursday night.

Things to catch up on:
Sahova, Sahova
Jil's Alice threads ending. I'm about to wrap up The Red King. Got two posts waiting for edit.
Start Winter threads with Lyner, Jaeden, Kamalia, Gromhir.
Store! Mekaniks and Golams needs it ledger. Huzzah!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on December 29th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Protestants aren't proper Christians, and so on.

There are days when I'm not a walking ray of sunshine. Sometimes all the yin in the world affects me too. I try not to be bothered by it.

I have two friends who are atheists, but not in the truest sense of the word. They are atheists in the manner of "I do not believe in Jesus". They post all defamatory stuff about the Church and many things wrong about the Christian faith (The Vatican covering up those rapist priests, etc). As if all these links and 9gag images define what their belief is. I was born in a Christian family, grew up in a Christian (well, more like Marian) school but went to a very liberal university, where I got introduced to the teachings/tenets/faith of Zoroastrianism and Buddhism and Taoism and Islam. I grew up in the province see, one semester at UP was enough to give me quite the shocker. I never considered myself as an atheist, more like Pagan, if you ask what my faith it there is no religion in the world that could define it, but the closest would be Shintoism. That's a long story, I digress. I'm just saying, you know, at one point as a Christian you may have to deal with other people of other beliefs. Protestants, Seventh Say Adventists, would you call them not "proper" Christians? What about Muslims, are they not "proper" humans?

Sometimes, it's inevitable to clash faith with other people. Times like when someone says "Protestants aren't proper Christians". I dunno who's reading these scraps anymore... but if you are, and I know not all Christians are as close-minded/traditional as the new pope. A former Miz player, Stitch, is a Christian, but I could not imagine him saying something like that. I don't really mean any offense, but sometimes the value other people give to their own faith or race or whatever is simply demeaning to others.

I guess the reason why I'm putting this here is because I have been thinking about my own PC's faith. Her faith in Priskil, and the need to fight for hope and redemption. At what point will Jilitse be too zealous for her own good? I remember some hogwash (I mean, gospel) Satu was saying IC-ly to Jilitse in chat before, that Team Priskil is blind to their own beliefs and are lying to themselves by seeing only the good that their faith bring. But hoping is a lie, not when there is really no hope. No, I don't claim that as verbatim, but these exchanges with Satu (though few and far in between) always gets me thinking, how will Jilitse react if she encounters someone of totally different faith.

I set her up with an NPC called Jasa'lah, they had their conflicts, but they were of, more or less, the same beliefs. Lost children who see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now I'm planning for a rendezvous with The Game players. I'm scared of how it will turn out. I only had few exchanges with Jaeden, his differences with Jilitse weren't starkly evident. But how about if faced with Kamalia, daughter of Avalis. Admitting the existence of Priskil and embracing her was already a big difficulty for me to roleplay. Kammy is some sort of darkly-aligned Konti, I can see her joining Satu. But how do I turn it around and make her truly Team Priskil?

Or will Jilitse say, "You are not marked (no Gnosis) and therefore not a proper Priskil follower."?

Baby Jili what's happening, is there a problem, should we talk?
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Xalet on December 29th, 2011, 3:31 pm

I don't really ever comment on scrapbooks, but as this was relevant to my interests (the IG part) I figure I would comment. Recognize this is coming from the mind of Xalet, whom I intentionally made to have very black and white ideals. I'd played way too many characters in the past that were some shade of grey. Doing good things for bad reasons, or doing bad things for good reasons (although Xuphim, Xalet's other half allows me to keep some connection to my historical greyness). So, the way Xalet sees it "becoming too zealous for your own good" is when you start trying to fix things that aren't broken. If you went to a place where people are living peacefully and productively and get all like "Whoa guys, what's going on here? Clearly you need the light of Priskil, here's some down your throats", I think Xalet would believe that as too far.

Now I recognize that stuff being 'not broken' is up to interpretation, so there is some character common sense and reasoning involved. I've been looking forward to playing the faith card myself, but it doesn't happen all that often as of right now. Obviously the Knights have rather common interests, so mostly the people whom Xalet meets are folks that either haven't chosen a real path to place their faith in, or haven't thought much on the topic to begin with, they're not so much people who've placed their faith into polar opposites of Priskil's values.

Anyway, I'd like to get involved in the Team Priskil thing, it can just be hard sometimes being a squire and all. Xalet spreads the faith around as much as he can, but he doesn't force it. He believes in it, and recognizes it for what it is regardless of how people try to spin it, and that's good enough for him. Well unless he meets someone blatantly evil. Then he'll try to beat the crap out of them and give them a chance to renounce their beliefs and reform, if he has the opportunity.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on December 29th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Hello, darling Jili!

Believe it or not, I always read your scrapbook whenever you have something posted up. You're one of the most brilliant mindson Mizahar, and Jilitse is still my favorite world mage on the site, so I stalk your scrapbook and threads from time to time. I consider myself Christian, sometimes Catholic (since I was born to a Catholic family), sometimes Protestant, and even at times, neo-Pagan, since I do take to heart Hermeticism, and to a lesser degree, Chaos Magic. And I agree, there are close-minded people who think that every land has customs, beliefs, and mindset they were born to, and take offense at these being different from their own.

Anyway, think there's little to fear about how our "fellowship" will turn out. I made a lot of people think that Kamalia is a darkly-aligned Konti - one of those shallow, "insane" power-hungry wizards (just for fun more than anything else) who want to become a goddess of magic one day. Incorrect! <3

Despite my misleading OOC comments, Kamalia actually believes in just ideals, and works towards what may pass as a "greater good". I tossed in a little more spice by adding in psychological, neural issues listed on the wizard_psychology to make it more exciting and challenging. The ways which Kamalia gets things done are very questionable at worst. "The end justifies the means!" Tarot had successfully shown her true colors in "The Game" thread: Kamalia had manipulated people, and was willing to control even her own team members to win the Game, so they may save Stitch's orphans. She even blackmailed Jaeden into losing his "innocence", so she can ensure that Team Dusk will win. Stitch, being goodly, had disapproved of her methods, of course.

The Game had shattered Kamalia in ways she had not imagined possible, with the "Other One" persona (which is actually her magic gaining sentience) thrown in to distort her personality! Kam thinks that Saggy becoming God of Magic is bad for Mizahar, so she has sworn to prevent him from achieving that.

Even though she's all screwed up, Kamalia is devoted to Avalis, and secretly dreams of a peaceful life and returning home, to get married to Gromhir and have a beautiful daughter. She may not bow to Priskil, but Kamalia will never align herself with Satu once she finds out that her true allegiance belongs to Sagallius.

Ugh, I know it's complex, and I find it difficult to explain her personality, but you will find out more about her once we RP! In a way, Kamalia might be considered 'Chaotic Good'. Or... Machiavellianly good.

I am really excited to thread with you! And oh, Nyahna will be joining us! Jaeden and I just talked to her this afternoon. <3 Now, THAT's the character you probably have to worry about. Haha!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Siiri on December 29th, 2011, 4:11 pm

As the scrapbook troll, I'm obliged to say that...

I'M JOINING TEAM SAGALLIUS WITH SATU AND WILL MURDER ALL YOUR PCS IN THEIR SLEEP!

...ahem...

Now that that's out of the way, please carry on.

Seriously though, your post got me thinking about Siiri's faith. I know that she considers Myri to be the ideal Myrian and strives to be just like her - a goal she will ultimately fail in I think, since her own principles aren't exactly as those of Myri's. But that's beside the point. I've never really stopped to think how Siiri sees Myri as her goddess. I guess it's because Myri's such a regular part of every Myrian's everyday life (at least those living in Taloba) that it's hard to distinguish her physical manifestation as the Myrian ideal from the entity that is the Goddess of War. I think it's something worth taking a closer look in, both through Siiri's eyes and the eyes of the storyteller (that is, me).

A most excellent post, getting me thinking about this.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on December 29th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Oh yes, this is the snake in the grass you'll have to look out for. He could go either way, really.

Hmm. IRL, I'm agnostic, I guess. I don't know for certain there is a god, but I really don't care. One thing I really hate is people who stereotype consciously, and don't see it as wrong, and I think this is one of the things about me that really bled over to my character.

As for faith, I suppose my character isn't exactly a big one for that either. He knows that gods exist, and they affect people. He just hasn't really had any interaction with them, and tends to be kind of indifferent.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext